Season 4 Reward Teaser Blog

TaitWatson

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't PVE, can we have a reskined Wings of the Architect on the CM please, or maybe on the Rishi vendor?

There is precedent for what I'm asking.

Hey everyone,

I know there has been a bit of frustration from our PvP community regarding a Rancor mount going into the Cartel Market. Although I had mentioned at the time that there would be Rancor mounts coming to both the CM and Operations, I thought it would be good to explain our philosophy on mounts. Especially around their exclusivity.

For PvP mounts, such as Season rewards, what you are going to tend to find is that they are exclusive variations of a mount and not necessarily a completely exclusive model (not to say we would never do an exclusive model, that is always possible). For example, you will not find a Rancor that looks anything like Giradda’s Rancor, but you can find other Rancor mounts. Aside from the unique appearance, what sets this mount apart is exclusivity. That variation is not only exclusive in appearance, but it is only available for a limited time. Meaning anyone who comes into the game now, or who was not Tier 1 during Season 1, can never acquire that mount. Although I can understand that having a unique variant, and not a unique mount, can seem less exciting. It actually ends up being more exclusive in the long term!

For mounts that come from Operations, such as the Wings of the Architect, we treat these a bit differently. As you can tell from the Wings, and other mounts such as Titan-6, they are themed directly around the Operation where they drop. Our intent is that this will stay that way and those mounts will remain exclusive to those Operations. However, one thing that is different here than with the PvP mount, is that these mounts will always be present in-game. This means that although right now, only some of the best Operations players in the world have these mounts, in time they will become more accessible as new content is released.

I hope that clears up our approach to putting mounts in the game, and explains a bit about how we handle exclusivity around those mounts.

-eric

Teal deer: PvE swag is an exclusive model, but remains obtainable indefinitely so that even scrubs can get cool exclusive stuff once the bosses it drops from are no longer the hardest ones in the game. Contrarily, PvP swag is only available for a brief time, but reskins of it become available through alternate avenues.

I'm not asking for the same darned thing. I'm asking for a reskin. A RESKIN, PEOPLE. Reskins seem to be what this game runs on.

Yeah it would be really good if the pve people would stick to the pve section and talk about the stuff they have knowledge about over there and let the pvp people talk with our knowledge over here on our section. Happy life.

Real crime to do both aye :rolleyes:

yeah glad to hear about but, .. that lightsaber with its hilt such as eighteen century pirate sword, is not STAR WARS,

I know you guys tried to give RIshi this kind of look, but I actually avoided to use all this stuff, when I passed over there, insted disarmed it and used the parts to improve my Cartel market gear, because this is STAR WARS and not ASSASSIN CREED IV ( great game, but please don´t mix universe, I ´d hate to see in the future Cow boys gear on ziost or something similar:wea_01:.

yeah glad to hear about but, .. that lightsaber with its hilt such as eighteen century pirate sword, is not STAR WARS,

I know you guys tried to give RIshi this kind of look, but I actually avoided to use all this stuff, when I passed over there, insted disarmed it and used the parts to improve my Cartel market gear, because this is STAR WARS and not ASSASSIN CREED IV ( great game, but please don´t mix universe, I ´d hate to see in the future Cow boys gear on ziost or something similar:wea_01:.

You were saying?

Sorry vemonlash, these rewards are exclusive to Season 4 but I'll pass your hilt desires on to the CM team! :csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

NO JUST NO.... HOW *********** DARE YOU EVEN SUGGEST THIS ********... IF YOU OPEN UP PVP REWARDS TO PVE'ers YOU BETTER GIVE PVP'ERS ACCESS TO ALL THE **** THEY GAVE PVE'ERS MONEY... MOUNTS... CRAFTING MATS... GEAR AND ALL THE OTHER ****... PVPers PAY THE SAME *********** SUB PRICE AND YET BW SEEMS TO THING THAT WE ARE LESSER CITTIZENS.... NO YOU NEED TO TREAT PVP AT THE SAME LEVEL AS PVE'ers..

when I spoke to Damian Sherbet at the cantina tour in San Diego back in 2013, he showed nothing but contempt for the PVP community, citing WOW as a mile marker for their lack of devolvement in PVP to that point... sadly I dismissed this early arrogance to one person, however I have now learned that this is not limited to one person but the entire SWTOR group. and while I hate to be one of those ******es to say well WOW did.... but they compare them selves to WOW 7 years after WOWs release (10+ now I believe) in short IF they want to take that road they need to be better than WOW, NOW not then...

NO JUST NO.... HOW *********** DARE YOU EVEN SUGGEST THIS ********... IF YOU OPEN UP PVP REWARDS TO PVE'ers YOU BETTER GIVE PVP'ERS ACCESS TO ALL THE **** THEY GAVE PVE'ERS MONEY... MOUNTS... CRAFTING MATS... GEAR AND ALL THE OTHER ****... PVPers PAY THE SAME *********** SUB PRICE AND YET BW SEEMS TO THING THAT WE ARE LESSER CITTIZENS.... NO YOU NEED TO TREAT PVP AT THE SAME LEVEL AS PVE'ers..

Whoa. Can I get a "u mad bro" up in here?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me that the rapier-hilted lightsaber model will be coming to the game in other ways! I don't PvP (I'm a groupfinder hero PuG-lord) but I want one of those so bad...

Can we get a reskin of that weapon in an upcoming Cartel Market pack, or as a rare drop from an endgame boss, or from the Rishi rep vendor?

I disagree, PVP should have unique designs / rewards that make it worth while to do PVP and separate it from PVE rewards and vice versa, if a really cool looking design is only on PVE reward like drop or market pack, it should stay that way.

This way if you really want the item, you'll do PVP to get it or PVE depending on what item you want. This creates a desire to do one or the other to get the item.

Whoa. Can I get a "u mad bro" up in here?

Well actually, no not really, just looking for a medium that that will actually get through to the DEVs after being **** on for 3 years... its not like they removed PVE content... yet alone in "the biggest PVP update yet", or gave PVE'ers content in every patch... and claimed that class balance, which they ignored for HOW long, was for PVP, I'm not mad, I don't even want 100% attention, just 50% attention, because PVPers pay the same price as PVEers is that too much too ask... also IF you are gonna quote me... that's cool but make sure you use the WHOLE quote... because my story about the cantina tour in SD is just as important as my rant (if that is what you want to call it)

I can't understand how PvEers can ask for PvP exclusive rewards or skins to be obtained via CM or rep vendors when they condemn us, PvPers, with so much aggressivity when we are asking for their PvE rewards or skins to be obtaineable in an other way than doing some PvE operations without having to grind some PvE stuff.

Same thing with bolster :

- "We PvEers don't wanna grind PvP gear to be able to do WZs or Solo Q, when we only need a relic for optimization or to have something before the HL stuff"

BW give them ... BOLSTER :rak_03:

- "Cool thank you BW, now we can make PvPers lose their WZs/Arenas because we can PvP without expertise cap, with a clunky stat balancing and be killed like baby seals. Also we don't care, cause we do this only for comms."

Then PvPers asked :

- "We PvPers don't wanna grind some PvE gear to be grouped and go for some PvE content, without beeing kicked or insulted because of our bad stuff and optimization. There is bolster in PvP for PvEers, why don't we have at least a small bolster in PvE for PvPers ?"

- "We PvEers order you to farm your first tier stuff and stop complaining, you always want everything without playing and giving some of your time. Also, you have WZ AND ranked Arenas AND SEASON REWARDS (that we can easily have with or without win trading, but shhh, don't tell anybody) and you kill us in no time in WZs/Arenas even with the holy bolster given by god BW !

Also, you want balance for PvP and it's always destroying our PvE balance. Everything is always made for PvP in class changes and balance.

BW is investing too much time in developing PvP for a PvE oriented game ! You always complain and rant about the game.

If you don't like it, just quit !"

So BW says : "You've heard PvEers, we can't do anything for you PvPers, sorry ... They represent the biggest part of our community, we can't go against their will ... And we don't really care about PvP, we don't even understand why some players like them so much :cool:"

Edited by DarkNecroCrusher

Dev's have already stated that pvp rewards will not, always, be exclusive to pvp. There will be reskins.

open the following spoiler to read the post regarding this posted by musco. In summary, the end of the quote states that pve rewards will always be obtainable. Meaning, when lvl cap is 70 and lvl of DF NiM is still at 55, you can go in, clear content in an hour or less and get a chance to win the end mount.

Unlike pvp where once the season is over, you will never be able to get the particular version of *special* gear.

Hey everyone,

I know there has been a bit of frustration from our PvP community regarding a Rancor mount going into the Cartel Market. Although I had mentioned at the time that there would be Rancor mounts coming to both the CM and Operations, I thought it would be good to explain our philosophy on mounts. Especially around their exclusivity.

For PvP mounts, such as Season rewards, what you are going to tend to find is that they are exclusive variations of a mount and not necessarily a completely exclusive model (not to say we would never do an exclusive model, that is always possible). For example, you will not find a Rancor that looks anything like Giradda’s Rancor, but you can find other Rancor mounts. Aside from the unique appearance, what sets this mount apart is exclusivity. That variation is not only exclusive in appearance, but it is only available for a limited time. Meaning anyone who comes into the game now, or who was not Tier 1 during Season 1, can never acquire that mount. Although I can understand that having a unique variant, and not a unique mount, can seem less exciting. It actually ends up being more exclusive in the long term!

For mounts that come from Operations, such as the Wings of the Architect, we treat these a bit differently. As you can tell from the Wings, and other mounts such as Titan-6, they are themed directly around the Operation where they drop. Our intent is that this will stay that way and those mounts will remain exclusive to those Operations. However, one thing that is different here than with the PvP mount, is that these mounts will always be present in-game. This means that although right now, only some of the best Operations players in the world have these mounts, in time they will become more accessible as new content is released.

I hope that clears up our approach to putting mounts in the game, and explains a bit about how we handle exclusivity around those mounts.

-eric

Sorry vemonlash, these rewards are exclusive to Season 4 but I'll pass your hilt desires on to the CM team! :csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

Oh, please, no. Pvp exclusive weapons should be exclusive. Pve gets unique mounts and things, pvp deserves the same. Already some rewards have been duplicated (not exactly, but close enough).

I'm honestly disappointed that I missed out on the Furious weapons of last season. I wanted something with a cool, noticeable effect on the lightsaber blade and those sabers fit the bill perfectly, and the armor was amazing too. So when I spend a few weeks gearing up for PvP in anticipation of something similar, Astyra (my Sentinel main) gets pirate stuff thrown at him. The sabers are honestly growing on me, the color crystal looks pretty sweet, but the hilts aren't that great. I can only imagine what the armor will look like. So I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed with this one, but I will be hoping for something akin to the Furious sabers for season 5.

Guess I will still use my legacy weapon from s3. much cooler and better looking then this. i don want to look like a freaking pirate in a SW game... :(

I guess i can bet how the Armor would look like... if we get one.

Edited by KalElc

If these rewards are not visible somewhere in game, all of them, when the season starts, it is pointless.

The people who don't visit this site see them at all and showing us the concept art doesn't count, for all we know the dual saber could be taller than our toons.

Concept art lies.

I'm honestly disappointed that I missed out on the Furious weapons of last season. I wanted something with a cool, noticeable effect on the lightsaber blade and those sabers fit the bill perfectly, and the armor was amazing too. So when I spend a few weeks gearing up for PvP in anticipation of something similar, Astyra (my Sentinel main) gets pirate stuff thrown at him. The sabers are honestly growing on me, the color crystal looks pretty sweet, but the hilts aren't that great. I can only imagine what the armor will look like. So I gotta say I'm pretty disappointed with this one, but I will be hoping for something akin to the Furious sabers for season 5.

^This!

Same sad story here, bro!

Only hope they bring similar cool glow animations in Season 5.

Don't let ur loyal, paying costumers with some healthy private life down, BW!!

I thought this was a Star Wars game? Those don't look "Star Wars" at all.

In fact, way too much stuff in the game looks NOTHING like Star Wars. Bioware need to make things look like they belong in this world, not just do whatever, whenever, and make ugly armor that looks like a 5 yr old designed it.

But hey, I don;t do ranked anymore anyway. Too many rude elitist types ruin it for me to want to put up with it.

Edited by DarthVengeant

I can't understand how PvEers can ask for PvP exclusive rewards or skins to be obtained via CM or rep vendors when they condemn us, PvPers, with so much aggressivity when we are asking for their PvE rewards or skins to be obtaineable in an other way than doing some PvE operations without having to grind some PvE stuff.

[snip]

Then PvPers asked :

- "We PvPers don't wanna grind some PvE gear to be grouped and go for some PvE content, without beeing kicked or insulted because of our bad stuff and optimization. There is bolster in PvP for PvEers, why don't we have at least a small bolster in PvE for PvPers ?"

- "We PvEers order you to farm your first tier stuff and stop complaining, you always want everything without playing and giving some of your time. Also, you have WZ AND ranked Arenas AND SEASON REWARDS (that we can easily have with or without win trading, but shhh, don't tell anybody) and you kill us in no time in WZs/Arenas even with the holy bolster given by god BW !

(bolding mine)

You KNOW that groupfinder bolsters you in Ops, right? And if you're wearing current top-notch PvP gear, you should be okay for HM FPs and perfectly fine for daily zones. Not as good as someone wearing Massassi gear, sure, but we PvEers don't expect to be as good as you PvP-geared guys in PvP.

Yeah, you just whined that BioWare didn't give you something, despite the fact that they DID give it to you. You're DEFINITELY a PvPer.

it's hard to justify spending a ton of time on art assists you're not going to reuse. my suggestion? is to have PVP lock boxes avaliable with warzone and or ranked comms, these lock boxes will contain a random item from past PVP seasons (recoloured obviously) . that way people who place are garenteed these fancy items, and they'll have something minor but unique about em (glowy bits or something :) ) but anyone who wants them has to PVP to get these items, that'll make em a little more rare then just something you buy your way to on the CM. I'm not a PVPer but I think this has some potential, as at the end of the day to get something like this stuff you will have to PVP. it'll also be nice later on for PVPers whom have all the PVP gear they need, they can spend their comms on something potentially fun.

That's quite a nice suggestion, it would be nice if the vendors were updated once in a while as well.

While I'm on that subject of vendors Tait, any chance of ever having the old Firebrand Schematics made available and adjusted to a Valor 80 requirement?

(bolding mine)

You KNOW that groupfinder bolsters you in Ops, right? And if you're wearing current top-notch PvP gear, you should be okay for HM FPs and perfectly fine for daily zones. Not as good as someone wearing Massassi gear, sure, but we PvEers don't expect to be as good as you PvP-geared guys in PvP.

Yeah, you just whined that BioWare didn't give you something, despite the fact that they DID give it to you. You're DEFINITELY a PvPer.

Yes, pvpers can do pve, get comms, and gear, and do harder content. Then they'd get the rewards. The thing is, pvers have to do literally nothing to get a slightly modified version of an "exclusive" pvp reward except spend some cartel coins. Ok, pvpers get bolster in GF ops, pvers get bolster in pvp. Pvers get pvp rewards for nothing but CC, pvpers actually have to do the work to grind comms and gear. And even once they have the gear and the group, they have to rely on chance to get one drop, and if they don't win the drop they have to wait a week to try again. Show me the balance between the two, please, because I simply don't see it.

EDIT: I also found it interesting to see you use "PvPer" as a derogatory term. Guess the devs' treatment of pvpers as second-class citizens is being picked up by some* pvers, too.

*note I said some, not all

Edited by TVDF