Season 4 Reward Teaser Blog

TaitWatson

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Query: You are aware that the balance team isn't the team that makes this stuff, right?

Statement: The early tease of what will come is definitely making me want to do Ranked now. Last time I just wanted to see the color crystals. Wish I had gone for the weapons.

I am aware but if I want to get them it will be harder than other seasons unless I am playing a FOTM class, since the FOTM class (Hatred Sin) is probably one of the most OP FoTM classes we have seen in the history of the game.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me that the rapier-hilted lightsaber model will be coming to the game in other ways! I don't PvP (I'm a groupfinder hero PuG-lord) but I want one of those so bad...

Can we get a reskin of that weapon in an upcoming Cartel Market pack, or as a rare drop from an endgame boss, or from the Rishi rep vendor?

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me that the rapier-hilted lightsaber model will be coming to the game in other ways! I don't PvP (I'm a groupfinder hero PuG-lord) but I want one of those so bad...

Can we get a reskin of that weapon in an upcoming Cartel Market pack, or as a rare drop from an endgame boss, or from the Rishi rep vendor?

No45.

Edited by Joesixxpack

I don't PVE, can we have a reskined Wings of the Architect on the CM please, or maybe on the Rishi vendor?

• Dev Post

Sorry vemonlash, these rewards are exclusive to Season 4 but I'll pass your hilt desires on to the CM team! :csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

I don't PVE, can we have a reskined Wings of the Architect on the CM please, or maybe on the Rishi vendor?

Best answer ever, PvEers want bonus to play PvP and our rewards without doing PvP, but become agressive when we ask for the same thing from PvP to PvE.

That's why they have bolster and don't want PvE bolster for PvPers.

About the dev post :

Finally you understood that the rewards close to the start of the season will make players play season since the beginning.

Good job on this point, alos the skins are original and well designed.

Quite sad that there is no armor set, but at least these look cool =)

Edited by DarkNecroCrusher

Aye! All the weapons in the set come in a single lockbox that is bound on pickup and are all the weapons are bound to legacy. :sy_title:

How about fixing Powertechs and Assassins in time for Season 4 then? Will that happen as well, or are you guys gonna keep ignoring that issue?

How about fixing Powertechs and Assassins in time for Season 4 then? Will that happen as well, or are you guys gonna keep ignoring that issue?

Powertechs are getting their burst and some survivability neutered in 3.1.1 so cry a bigger river...not that shutting down a PT/VG was difficult anyway for any player who isn't a complete scrub.

Sins/Sorcs, on the other hand, will continue their OP dominance well into the distant future. Pretty sure Sorcs are actually getting buffed more. L O L

Edited by DarthOvertone

I kinda feel sad about the saber because of the D'Artagnan rapier style, as it doesn't fit the Star Wars universe.

Can you reconsider making it without the guard on the hilt, just like the double-bladed saber ?

It would be awesome, and since it's still a WIP feature, maybe you can do something about it before the end of the season.

Nice teaser, though giving good looking gear to people who only PvP seems a bit unfair.. (LAWL)

Forget about balancing the classes, how about you balance some of the "pro" players so they can stop screaming at people who are just getting started, everyone had a 1st ranked pvp game, even you all.

(this post was brought to you by most of the decent people of swtor)

Sorry vemonlash, these rewards are exclusive to Season 4 but I'll pass your hilt desires on to the CM team! :csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

this is why the PVP season rewards have never sat quite right with me. on one hand PVPers should get something special, being able to play on the top tier of the leaderboard is an achomplishment. on the other hand, ut's an achomplishment by a minority of your players and it's hard to justify spending a ton of time on art assists you're not going to reuse. my suggestion? is to have PVP lock boxes avaliable with warzone and or ranked comms, these lock boxes will contain a random item from past PVP seasons (recoloured obviously) . that way people who place are garenteed these fancy items, and they'll have something minor but unique about em (glowy bits or something :) ) but anyone who wants them has to PVP to get these items, that'll make em a little more rare then just something you buy your way to on the CM. I'm not a PVPer but I think this has some potential, as at the end of the day to get something like this stuff you will have to PVP. it'll also be nice later on for PVPers whom have all the PVP gear they need, they can spend their comms on something potentially fun.

Mockery: Oh, a forum user that is all rude to others attempting to put them down with sarcasm. How surprising.

Query: Shall we continue this, taking the thread off topic, leading to one or both of us getting reported and subsequently a strike or a ban, or can you grow up?

Yeah it would be really good if the pve people would stick to the pve section and talk about the stuff they have knowledge about over there and let the pvp people talk with our knowledge over here on our section. Happy life.