NEW PVP Changes! Yes, thank you Bioware!

Lhancelot

I knew it! I knew all of these balance issues, bolster issues, and bug issues would be tackled in the first available patch! Everyone that talked **** about the devs and Bioware, take it all back you malcontent *****! Bioware came through AGAIN, and FIXED THE GAME YOU BITC***!!!! NOW WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY?

-30-59 pvp bracket imbalance concerning bolster has been addressed and fixed. You should notice an increase in bolster of the lower levels, and a decrease in the higher levels making for a more balanced experience for all.

-Ship parts will no longer grant buffed stats in pvp, this was never intended and has been fixed.

-Advanced Prototype Powertech no longer have shoulder cannon. It was determined even without shoulder cannons, the AP PT has adequate burst and sustained damage.

-Pyrotech Powertech has had an increase to the number of Shoulder Cannons they can load from 4 to 7, and the firing rate has been changed to 1 sec per missile as the tooltip indicates. This change was to give Pyrotech more burst damage.

-Assassins skill Deflection has been reduced in time from 12 secs to 6 secs. It was determined their ability to remain unstunned for a full 12 secs was too long when the utility Dark Stability was taken.

-Marauders have had Force Camouflage changed. Force Camouflage has had it's duration lengthened from 4 seconds to 10 secs, and for as long as the marauder remains in Force Camouflage the marauder regenerates 5% of their total health every second till Force Camouflage ends. If the marauder leaves force camouflage early, the self-regeneration stops. This should give the marauder better survivability in PVP.

-Sorcerors Forcestorm now has a cooldown of 15 secs. Chain Lightning now does 5% more damage, and Shock does 5% more damage. Effectively AE has been weakened and burst has been increased.

-Snipers now have a new ability. Sniper's Refuge now grants the sniper 5 seconds of total immunity from all damage. This ability is on a 3 minute cooldown, and the sniper cannot take any actions or the Sniper's Refuge will be canceled. This should give snipers better survivability particularly in ranked PVP.

-Operatives have had an increase in their total damage output. We determined that operatives damage was rather weak compared to other dps classes, and felt that an overall 5% buff to all damage attacks was necessary to make them competitive.

-Mercenaries Jet Boost has had it's knockback distance increased to 10m, and all targets hit have a decreased movement speed of 70% for 10 secs. This will give them more CC in ranked PVP.

-Marauders have had Force Camouflage changed. Force Camouflage has had it's duration lengthened from 4 seconds to 10 secs, and for as long as the marauder remains in Force Camouflage the marauder regenerates 5% of their total health every second till Force Camouflage ends. If the marauder leaves force camouflage early, the self-regeneration stops. This should give the marauder better survivability in PVP.

also, when Force Camouflage ends, the marauder gets healed to full and becomes immune to all Force and Tech attacks for the duration of the fight.

I think everyone owes Bioware and particularly the devs a heartfelt apology for all the criticism! CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE!!!!

Again, where have you gotten this info? It's really not cool to get people's hopes up about these changes, cause they do look great and I'd like to beleive that they are real. But i haven't seen anything in the patch notes for 3.02 to tell me that, and I haven't heard anything from the test servers for 3.1 that these changes are coming. Are your changes you listed out from knowledge of what is being done in the test server for 3.1?

Again, where have you gotten this info? It's really not cool to get people's hopes up about these changes, cause they do look great and I'd like to beleive that they are real. But i haven't seen anything in the patch notes for 3.02 to tell me that, and I haven't heard anything from the test servers for 3.1 that these changes are coming. Are your changes you listed out from knowledge of what is being done in the test server for 3.1?

That's his intent all along.

Maybe he's trying to hype you so that it looks like everybody saying "super cool" and that it makes BioWare implement these changes.

Maybe he somewhat hopes that no opposition raise against what are actually his own propositions, by making people believe they are already done so that they do not try to defend why they'd be bad.

But all you have to know is that he's fooling you. None of these are real.

Why not just let mercs get an ability to shoot themselfs in the face, ending the agony that much faster and everyone else can participate with ranked viable classes without the interference from peons and plebs?

I had 6 commandos on my team two nights ago. It seems like the louder the complaints about them get the more I see of them in wzs and arenas. Why can't you play vanguards instead?

I had 6 commandos on my team two nights ago. It seems like the louder the complaints about them get the more I see of them in wzs and arenas. Why can't you play vanguards instead?
Because they are super boring (imo) and a very poor solution to class balance (avoiding one class is not a fix) :p

-Snipers now have a new ability. Sniper's Refuge now grants the sniper 5 seconds of total immunity from all damage. This ability is on a 3 minute cooldown, and the sniper cannot take any actions or the Sniper's Refuge will be canceled. This should give snipers better survivability particularly in ranked PVP.

-Operatives have had an increase in their total damage output. We determined that operatives damage was rather weak compared to other dps classes, and felt that an overall 5% buff to all damage attacks was necessary to make them competitive.

These three in particular are stupid. Operatives already melt squishy classes super fast they don't need any kind of buff. Snipers already have plenty of DCDs what they need to do is move around and queue with people that under stand the first order of business is not to kill the healer but to keep him alive. Marauders don't need a ****** self heal they need to be able to avoid/ignore stuns. Adding a self heal on an ability that will have to be used below 50% means you hold your stun till they are just above 50% then stun them and finish them off. All that change would do is narrow the window in which Force Camo would be effective to use.

Ok I thought the VG satire thread was bad, this is just....no...

Why are you always such a sadpanda, Crinn? You need to lighten up a little. Take some lessons from Sindol, you take everything so serious! Don't worry buddy, they are not going to nerf your OP'd main, you have nothing to fear. :)

These three in particular are stupid. Operatives already melt squishy classes super fast they don't need any kind of buff. Snipers already have plenty of DCDs what they need to do is move around and queue with people that under stand the first order of business is not to kill the healer but to keep him alive. Marauders don't need a ****** self heal they need to be able to avoid/ignore stuns. Adding a self heal on an ability that will have to be used below 50% means you hold your stun till they are just above 50% then stun them and finish them off. All that change would do is narrow the window in which Force Camo would be effective to use.

Hey, at least they are trying to fix things. You should give them credit! This is better than doing nothing, right?

-30-59 pvp bracket imbalance concerning bolster has been addressed and fixed. You should notice an increase in bolster of the lower levels, and a decrease in the higher levels making for a more balanced experience for all.

If only...

-Advanced Prototype Powertech no longer have shoulder cannon. It was determined even without shoulder cannons, the AP PT has adequate burst and sustained damage.

...and you just took the PT 51 ability away. It would be like taking phase walk, force barrier, dual sabre throw, etc. Just set a 1s or so maximum fire rate. It doesn't need a massive nerf.

I like that idea. It's kind of like a marauder version of Enraged Defense, but it balances out in that you can't heal and do damage at the same time (unlike ED).

-Sorcerors Forcestorm now has a cooldown of 15 secs. Chain Lightning now does 5% more damage, and Shock does 5% more damage. Effectively AE has been weakened and burst has been increased.

Eh. I'd rather just reduce the damage of force storm. You would tick off a lot of PVE people with this one I would assume.

Overall, not bad. I just think you slightly over nerfed AP PT and Sorc. Also, the merc knockback 70% movement speed reduction is just going to make melee classes cry more. I'm not sure that it would sufficiently help mercs.

...and you just took the PT 51 ability away. It would be like taking phase walk, force barrier, dual sabre throw, etc. Just set a 1s or so maximum fire rate. It doesn't need a massive nerf.

I like that idea. It's kind of like a marauder version of Enraged Defense, but it balances out in that you can't heal and do damage at the same time (unlike ED).

Eh. I'd rather just reduce the damage of force storm. You would tick off a lot of PVE people with this one I would assume.

Overall, not bad. I just think you slightly over nerfed AP PT and Sorc. Also, the merc knockback 70% movement speed reduction is just going to make melee classes cry more. I'm not sure that it would sufficiently help mercs.

Yeah you have objective viewpoints, I made these up this morning, even before I drank coffee! I was disappointed that nothing has been mentioned of, let alone done about the issues in PVP. So, I used my energy in this fashion.

I like guys like you, that don't take it so seriously, and actually can see the validity in my post even if it was not perfect, and the humor (or lack thereof) was not viewed as insultive but as, well, nothing at all. :p At least you could read it without being a jerk. Kudos to you, bruh!

I think the change to marauder I created would be interesting anyway, and give them just what they need, which is added survivability with a heal that if they stayed in camo the duration would give them 50% of their total health the whole time letting them escape without focus fire.

From what i have played in group ranked double sniper is one of the best hard swap comps right now. They are fine.

I actually thought this was 100% serious, as all the changes made sense, atleast on the surface.

my faith started to waiver when new utilities were being brought in, and reality snapped back as kept reading.

Though of all the ones I want to see, the ops/scoundrels increase to dps was probably by far the least likely to happen. Only because this is a PvE centric game and right now dps ops/sco are parsing just fine by most measures.

Though I know this is only a dream sheet of changes, I wouldnt mind seeing half of these being implimented. Would shake things up at the least.

Given that we arent seeing any new Warzones(i am assuming this is due to them making whatever it is that is better than ranked.) I wouldnt mind seeing warzones having the class balance flip flop. even if it only lasted a week or two.

Edited by Haystak