Is the new bolster bug really a bug?

KALELSAB

Easy on the coffee in the morning dude. Decaf brands out there taste just as good. I meant it as a joke.

Can you blame me for thinking you were serious ? With the amount of vitriol here one can not always detect jokes :/

Also it is over 6 PM here, that morning coffee has lost its effect :p

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post
As with all posting, if you feel that you received an unwarranted warning or infraction, you can reach out to communitysupport@swtor.com and we can review/reverse any actions taken!

-eric

Also just as a reminder, for the forums but especially for this thread. Please do not use this post as a launching point to start discussing moderation actions / the moderation team. That is still against the rules and will be enforced.

-eric

Also just as a reminder, for the forums but especially for this thread. Please do not use this post as a launching point to start discussing moderation actions / the moderation team. That is still against the rules and will be enforced.

-eric

I like candy.

...and pizza!

:rak_03:

Internally as in on private Dev-server, as opposed to being experimented on live servers...

l2r!

Its could also be dev speak for "we are working on it, but are not going to be reporting the progress on it". Likely the next time you see a post from a dev about it, it will be in the patch notes that resolve it.

Edits: for clarification.

Edited by Haystak

-eric

It would be really cool if you guys would ban people in game for doing things against the terms of service as you do on these forums. i.e win trading and exploits that will not be mentioned.

It would be really cool if you guys would ban people in game for doing things against the terms of service as you do on these forums. i.e win trading and exploits that will not be mentioned.

Except this was reported elsewhere 1st, with videos.. then it filtered here *LAST*. So banning anyone here resolves nothing but banning the people who will use it the least and allow those in the know to keep benefiting ...

Hey Kalelsab!

What you are referring to is that when you have PvE Ship parts equipped, you will find that bolster is granting you additional Power and Endurance. As you have likely guessed, this is definitely a bug. We are working on a fix for it internally and as soon as I have timing around a fix being implemented I will let you know!

I will make sure that our forum moderators are not removing threads about this topic since similar to "naked bolster," we are not considering it an exploit. Again I will let you know timing to fix this bug as soon as I have it!

-eric

Thanks

Edited by maverickmatt

-eric

Appreciate you guys acknowledging the issue and hopefully fixing it. However, reporting a bug surely is not against forum rules by any means. In fact, this is the primary purpose of the forums existence. When posters report the bug and then see their threads deleted then finally get a response after the issue went viral, is bad customer service. I do not blame you moderators. I know you guys are the messenger, and IMO you do a great job, but whoever in devs/management decided that the correct response to addressing a bug is to delete the threads should not be in a position to make any decisions dealing with customers. It reflects that the opinion of the BW is we do not give a ****, which is not good.

Edited by Ottoattack

Wow, actually manned up and made a statement about it. Now fire the guy who thought the correct response was to delete the threads.

Dude, it was probably just a moderator following a general directive, since they do have a general policy about removing threads detailing how to use a exploit, obviously a miscommunication since the moderators where not informed that it was considered a bug.

Just because you RP as a Sith Lord doesn't mean heads have to roll in real life whenever you are displeased.

Edited by Zoom_VI

-eric

Seriously musco if the mods don't remove points from the people trying to bring the bug to light so it could be fixed then it's a massive **** you to them, and seriously that's not cool. I know I have personally been slapped in the face by the mods for really no reason and I am still a bit sour for not even getting an apology

Hey Kalelsab!

What you are referring to is that when you have PvE Ship parts equipped, you will find that bolster is granting you additional Power and Endurance. As you have likely guessed, this is definitely a bug. We are working on a fix for it internally and as soon as I have timing around a fix being implemented I will let you know!

I will make sure that our forum moderators are not removing threads about this topic since similar to "naked bolster," we are not considering it an exploit. Again I will let you know timing to fix this bug as soon as I have it!

-eric

You guys going to do something about it or just let all the emo aspergers kids exploit the hell out of it? Because I'm not gonna keep paying a sub or buy squat from the market if you people are gonna half *** the game like this. You gotta earn your pay check ya know.

You guys going to do something about it or just let all the emo aspergers kids exploit the hell out of it? Because I'm not gonna keep paying a sub or buy squat from the market if you people are gonna half *** the game like this. You gotta earn your pay check ya know.

Reading isn't your fort, isn't it??

Reading isn't your fort, isn't it??

Working on it internally is a cool story. I mean they don't have someone that knows exactly where to go and fix it? I would hope they're a little familiar with the code. I know when I've worked with codes of all kind before I always had a pretty good idea where the problem was and I did it as a hobby.

Reading is about my "fort" as much as spelling is yours. It's forte.

Working on it internally is a cool story. I mean they don't have someone that knows exactly where to go and fix it? I would hope they're a little familiar with the code. I know when I've worked with codes of all kind before I always had a pretty good idea where the problem was and I did it as a hobby.

Nice story bro... Remember they don't even understand fully how bolster works, so no surprise they don't know where they broke something.. Or more likely they just never restrained bolster from affecting ship parts since it wasn't needed before.. But now with bolster affecting augments, bolster also augments ship parts. It's not correcting a line of code, it's creating new restrictions.... Not that simple.

Reading is about my "fort" as much as spelling is yours. It's forte.

Do you even know where "fort"/"forte" is coming from?? French.. And the correct spelling in French is "fort", "forte" is female... So sorry I used my first language spelling instead of English's.

Edited by Ryuku-sama

Just because you RP as a Sith Lord doesn't mean heads have to roll in real life whenever you are displeased.

Best thing I've read all week.

Do you even know where "fort"/"forte" is coming from?? French.. And the correct spelling in French is "fort", "forte" is female... So sorry I used my first language spelling instead of English's.

Thank's so much for that (no sarcasm). Too many people assume that the way Americans spell things are the correct way to spell it, and aren't even aware that the word might not even be English to begin with.