SoR Intro: No Romances Acknowledged ( Imperial Classes ONLY )

Darth_Wicked

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone able to confirm it's still broken in 3.1? Was kinda hoping for a stealth fix...

It's complicated.

It is likely the male SW is working as intended now, but female SW is still broken. Male and Female Inquisitor remain unaltered apparently.

As far as the BH goes, I did SoR with my female one already but apparently, the game now allows to choose one of two options, with the upper one inferring the romance between male BH and Mako, while the lower one does the opposite. I guess something is off and this should be done automatically.

I'll post some screenshots later today, provided someone doesn't beat me to the punch.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

of 17 characters, ive only taken 1 through that isnt an agent for just this reason :(

I didn't realize this was an issue at the time, but lucked out in that the first character I took through SoR was my BH, who had no interest what so ever in Torian. (If nothing else, it had a sort of skeezy "teacher sleeping with a high-school student" vibe to it.)

SCREENSHOT TIME! :D

As far as the BH is concerned, it goes like this:

• Upper option in the radial wheel, as seen
here, leads up to this moment where Mako ( NOT so subtly ) brings up the romance between her and the male BH; Torian proceeds to cough, so both parties change the subject.

• Lower option in the radial wheel, as seen
here, leads up to NO romance being acknowledged, and the conversation following it's natural progression.

Again, better than nothing, but the game should automatically recognize the flags. As it is right now, it is up to the player apparently.

SCREENSHOT TIME! :D

As far as the BH is concerned, it goes like this:

• Upper option in the radial wheel, as seen
here, leads up to this moment where Mako ( NOT so subtly ) brings up the romance between her and the male BH; Torian proceeds to cough, so both parties change the subject.

• Lower option in the radial wheel, as seen
here, leads up to NO romance being acknowledged, and the conversation following it's natural progression.

Again, better than nothing, but the game should automatically recognize the flags. As it is right now, it is up to the player apparently.

Considering some of the bugs that got shipped with SoR, it might not be unreasonable to be concerned that the bug isn't what you think it is. Instead of the Top Option playing the romance dialogue and the Bottom Option not, the bug could be the Top Option is reading the flag automatically like it should (whether it be true or false) and the Bottom Option is actually disabling the romance...

At any rate, thanks for keeping this updated. Just for clarification since your OP is slightly outdated now: As of 3.1 all Republic classes/genders work, and Imperial Agent male/female works, and Bounty Hunter male/female works if you select the top option only. However, Sith Warrior male/female and Sith Inquisitor male/female is still broken? Somewhere buried in the thread it was suggested that Sith Warrior male was working but I haven't been able to find any screenshots or youtubes of a romance acknowledged Vette. Also, Dark Jaesa, Temple, and Akaavi are considered the "wrong" romance and never had any scenes/acknowledgements at all?

I'd just say "It would be nice if they gave us a clickable item in our ship to watch all of our cutscenes again."

Isn't there already some precedent for that? I swear there is a thing in my Jedi Knight ship that lets me look at old holocalls or old cut scenes. I'm fairly sure of there being something like this, though I have never found one on another ship (really never looked) I will check it out in game tonight and report back. All I am saying is though, that if they have something like that, it shouldn't be very hard to give these folks the cut scenes they were borked out of.

Isn't there already some precedent for that? I swear there is a thing in my Jedi Knight ship that lets me look at old holocalls or old cut scenes. I'm fairly sure of there being something like this, though I have never found one on another ship (really never looked) I will check it out in game tonight and report back. All I am saying is though, that if they have something like that, it shouldn't be very hard to give these folks the cut scenes they were borked out of.

Nop.

What you get to see is some holo-vid messages sent to you by Bengel Morr, Din's former padawan, the one who disappeared after the Sacking of Coruscant, presumed dead.

You need to spare him for it to happen though.

There are also different messages, depending on whether you choose to help or allow him to escape.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

• 2 months later...
Thread back from the dead...

Any word on this issue, or do some classes still just get shafted?

AFAIK, everybody who got screwed is still screwed, and all female imps are still getting screwed (but not in a way that they like). But the latter has been true for most female chars since launch anyway.

Edited by eartharioch

• 3 weeks later...
I've been spotted! I actually mentioned this in a different thread as well. It's not being fixed in 3.0.2, but I'm finding out when we are aiming for it. Right now, I don't have any ETA. :(

-Tait

Hey, Tait, I hate to be a pest, but it's almost 5 months since the last post and we're already into the 3.2x range. Any news on getting this fixed? *Crosses fingers*

Hey, Tait, I hate to be a pest, but it's almost 5 months since the last post and we're already into the 3.2x range. Any news on getting this fixed? *Crosses fingers*

I would also like to know this. For those who play this game for the story, which I assume is near everyone, this is kind of a big deal.

Ditto plus, "Please? If that makes you guys respond faster if not Rawr! rage!"

These kind of things are starting to tempt me into cancelling my sub and then just playing the story 6 months after release or so, where there's at least a small chance they'll be fixed.

They really need a replay function as well for the cutscenes those who got screwed over by going through it unaware of this glitch.

• 2 weeks later...
Still no fix, no word of a fix, and no hope of a fix, I guess.

Agreed, as Han said, ive got a bad feeling about this... if they dont remember for sor, ill bet the dont remember they wre married for fallen empire either... and that will be the straw for me if its supposed to a continuation of story, because my stories will be broken...

Agreed, as Han said, ive got a bad feeling about this... if they dont remember for sor, ill bet the dont remember they wre married for fallen empire either... and that will be the straw for me if its supposed to a continuation of story, because my stories will be broken...

Same thing here. If they're just going for quantity over quality, and they can't be bothered to fix what they create, then I'll be gone too. I already unsubbed over this particular bug and the fact that half of my most played characters got screwed companion-wise with SoR (Both of my warriors and agent). :mad:

In this particular case I wound up resubbing before it actually ran out, but if this kind of stuff keeps happening...

Is there anybody out there who can provide screens or a video of fem BH/Torian intro?

I went through with mine, but I can't recall anything particularly romantic, I didn't know about this bug either.

That's the bug -- female imps don't get their companion romance's recognized. Agent's had it worse at launch because we didn't even get the bugged cut scene, we just got dropped of on Rishi as if we hadn't completed our class mission.

Edited by eartharioch