SoR Intro: No Romances Acknowledged ( Imperial Classes ONLY )

Darth_Wicked

Wait, what? Sorry to derail the thread, but I never knew that. I've done 2 male Sith Warriors and both made her light side and never got the option to flirt/romance her at that conversation option. Just that I'd watch over her kids or something should she choose to pass her gift on.

You cant do this with light side Jaesa, the jedi code blah blah blah... But my Jaesa is light side too! :p

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, what? Sorry to derail the thread, but I never knew that. I've done 2 male Sith Warriors and both made her light side and never got the option to flirt/romance her at that conversation option. Just that I'd watch over her kids or something should she choose to pass her gift on.

At the very, very, very end, you can encourage her to have children, and suggest yourself as a potential donor. It isn't an actual romance, more of a "hey, you ever want babies, I'm available" type of statement.

Boo about the lack of romance reactions on the Imperial side. Thank the Force I made that second warrior to record things I missed. Now, time to spam gifts to Vette!

Seriously, BW, even an acknowledgement that this is bugged would be great!

EDIT: Also, Lord Wicked, You keep doing all this stuff, it's a great help! :rak_01:

Edited by LtGeneralGezlin

Boo about the lack of romance reactions on the Imperial side. Thank the Force I made that second warrior to record things I missed. Now, time to spam gifts to Vette!

Seriously, BW, even an acknowledgement that this is bugged would be great!

EDIT: Also, Lord Wicked, You keep doing all this stuff, it's a great help! :rak_01:

I have no doubt it's bugged. ;)

I saw the intro for SoR at a friend's house, this time with a male Agent who had a romance with Kaliyo, and she did acknowledge the relationship, as I alluded to in the OP.

It makes little to no sense to assume that all Republic classes and the Imperial Agent got flavor dialogue, and ALL the remaining Imperial classes didn't. Plus, the Agent intro was bugged earlier to begin with.

Still waiting for him to send the screenshot, preferably with Kaliyo NOT using the slave attire. :p

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I saw the intro for SoR at a friend's house, this time with a male Agent who had a romance with Kaliyo, and she did acknowledge the relationship

So, does it matter if you moved on to Temple later? Like do the full Kaliyo before starting Temple? I leveled a Sniper through 12x XP but didn't do companion quests (thought I'd save them for when I wasn't rushing), and I was planning on doing all of Kaliyo before starting Temple.

People are just jealous. :mad:

Probably. :p

So, does it matter if you moved on to Temple later? Like do the full Kaliyo before starting Temple? I leveled a Sniper through 12x XP but didn't do companion quests (thought I'd save them for when I wasn't rushing), and I was planning on doing all of Kaliyo before starting Temple.

My male Agent first romanced Kaliyo, dumped her and married Temple afterwards. As such, no acknowledgement of a past romance on her part.

In other words, if you start SoR having fully romanced Kaliyo, she should acknowledge it. However, if you already broken it off and moved onto Temple, you get the same reaction as female Agents do, namely this one.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

My male Agent first romanced Kaliyo, dumped her and married Temple afterwards. As such, no acknowledgement of a past romance on her part.

In other words, if you start SoR having fully romanced Kaliyo, she should acknowledge it. However, if you already broken it off and moved onto Temple, you get the same reaction as female Agents do, namely this one.

My main Agent is female (I got the bugged no companion intro, not even the bugged "no romance" intro for her). My new Sniper (from 12x) still hasn't done any companion stuff, so I was planning on going the whole way with her and then starting Temple. It sounds like you get nothing from Temple, though, just Kaliyo?

My main Agent is female (I got the bugged no companion intro, not even the bugged "no romance" intro for her). My new Sniper (from 12x) still hasn't done any companion stuff, so I was planning on going the whole way with her and then starting Temple. It sounds like you get nothing from Temple, though, just Kaliyo?

Correct.

As mentioned earlier, Temple is silent throughout the entire expansion, as are many other companions. :(

Scorpio and Temple are not even seen during the briefing; Lokin is there but alas, he's a mute.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Enhance your calm and restrain from feeding it. :p

but yeah, no, i do wish BW added more romance options and conversations because they help me feel like my band of companions and i are actually a close-knit "family" with feelings and interactions instead of merely becoming soulless mindless "combat assistants" after the companions are acquired. pretty much SWTOR is like an interactable movie saga, which is fun.

bioware has been doing a great job so far at tying 50+ content with our characters' past to make it seem like an intricate and non-linear storyline. that's why i like american RPGs: the freedom to shape our path to a limited extent and have consequences several planets later, being able to be on either side and make moral choices on your own without the "good guy vs bad guy" mindset, as well as other things. bioware reassured me of a hope for any sort of personal storyline past level 50 by giving me a single class mission on rishi, so i do think that they are trying to do a good job.

everyone says every MMO is "on the downtrend" or "doomed" but swtor is still kicking and pumping out expansions faster than i can play them through (i play every day i can!) and i think so long as an MMO can stack content up faster than the majority of players can mow down and they make a sizable profit, all will do well.

i doubt SWTOR is "not as big", as with every expansion ever, there are always a ton of bugs and a perceived void of content, but give it time to mature before you judge. ROTHC turned out perfect in my opinion, and BW is learning their mistakes.

On another note, Malavai rules. Dude gets too much uncalled hate. IMHO at any rate.

I agree with this sentiment, barring the use of Quinn's weird first name.

And on a ship with people called Vette, Jaesa, Broonmark and Twelfthdementor, that's saying something.

Edited by ThirdDementor

Honestly, I never expected anything more than that. :(

I did expect them to have every single companion providing those comments, just like they did for Makeb.

I was wrong.

Regardless, I feel your pain concerning Temple.

yeah :/ that said, at the very least I expected approval/disapproval gain. the fact that Risha doesn't make a pip when my scoundrel who is shaking up with her - flirts with Lana, Theron, Beril, freaking Satele (they are not married, but they ARE in an official relationship and she HAS shown a great deal of jealousy before, both with approval points AND making snarky comments whenever he flirted in front of her)

its just jarring and completely out of character for her :/.

P.S. it takes some mental gymnastics to explain away Malavai's actions. you have to make up variety of excuses to explain away his actions. hence - the hate (I mean... I have a mara who is going to romance him.. eventually. but in her case, mental gymnastics I went with were

she doesn't really trust him at first, so they are distant through most of Sith story, plus she is a thorn in Baras's side, so when Quinn does what he does - its expected. she keeps him alive because he IS a competent soldier, and once Baras is out of the picture, THEN they get to know each other and proceed with romance. this way, betrayal happens BEFORE declarations of love, not after. stranger betraying you to their master they know much better and owe a lot to - is much easier to stomach and for me to explain away

Edited by Jeweledleah

I agree with this sentiment, barring the use of Quinn's weird first name.

And on a ship with people called Vette, Jaesa, Broonmark and Twelfthdementor, that's saying something.

I am going to call one of my children Malavai. Told my girlfriend already.

I kid, I kid.

Not that her choice is any better. :rolleyes:

P.S. it takes some mental gymnastics to explain away Malavai's actions. you have to make up variety of excuses to explain away his actions. hence - the hate (I mean... I have a mara who is going to romance him.. eventually. but in her case, mental gymnastics I went with were

she doesn't really trust him at first, so they are distant through most of Sith story, plus she is a thorn in Baras's side, so when Quinn does what he does - its expected. she keeps him alive because he IS a competent soldier, and once Baras is out of the picture, THEN they get to know each other and proceed with romance. this way, betrayal happens BEFORE declarations of love, not after. stranger betraying you to their master they know much better and owe a lot to - is much easier to stomach and for me to explain away

As a Quinn fan, I have to admit I like your version.

Personally, I never blamed Quinn for this, but rather the writers.

Baras saved Quinn's career and that's nice and all. But after everything they go through together, I cannot, for the life of me, believe that Quinn's bond with Baras is greater than his bond with the Warrior.

Furthermore, throughout the story it's easy to see that Quinn's most defining quality is sheer competence. Pilot, commando, field medic, tactician, advisor. Funneling and cornering the Jedi investigator on Balmorra, anticipating and blocking General Faraire's escape route on Taris, liberating his former commander's ship from Broysc's commandos singlehandedly. Time and again, Quinn proves he knows his sh*t

So I find it nigh impossible that Quinn of all people would screw up so badly and underestimate the Warrior, especially since people underestimating the Warrior only to be proven wrong is such a heavily recurring theme in the story. The Quinn that I know would never place this much blind faith in such a half-baked plan. Or in any plan for that matter. He's not the type of person to leave anything to chance, let alone get this overconfident before success is achieved.

After all he's seen, all the times the Warrior achieved the miraculous and impossible--and made it look easy--for Quinn to suddenly be dumb enough to pit calculations and cold data against the Force? The logic eludes me. Even the Warrior's quotes here imply how uncharacteristically stupid Quinn suddenly becomes:

"I really thought you were smarter than this."

"After all our time together, have you not realized that I am unbeatable?"

The way I see it, the person we see committing the betrayal is a poorly written dumb*ss, not Quinn. The Quinn that I know would have either stayed loyal to the Warrior, or executed the betrayal successfully. Really feels like the writers just wanted to throw in a "cool" plot twist, and forced this.

Edited by ThirdDementor

As a Quinn fan, I have to admit I like your version.

Personally, I never blamed Quinn for this, but rather the writers.

Baras saved Quinn's career and that's nice and all. But after everything they go through together, I cannot, for the life of me, believe that Quinn's bond with Baras is greater than his bond with the Warrior.

Furthermore, throughout the story it's easy to see that Quinn's most defining quality is sheer competence. Pilot, commando, field medic, tactician, advisor. Funneling and cornering the Jedi investigator on Balmorra, anticipating and blocking General Faraire's escape route on Taris, liberating his former commander's ship from Broysc's commandos singlehandedly. Time and again, Quinn proves he knows his sh*t

So I find it nigh impossible that Quinn of all people would screw up so badly and underestimate the Warrior, especially since people underestimating the Warrior only to be proven wrong is such a heavily recurring theme in the story. The Quinn that I know would never place this much blind faith in such a half-baked plan. Or in any plan for that matter. He's not the type of person to leave anything to chance, let alone get this overconfident before success is achieved.

After all he's seen, all the times the Warrior achieved the miraculous and impossible--and made it look easy--for Quinn to suddenly be dumb enough to pit calculations and cold data against the Force? The logic eludes me. Even the Warrior's quotes here imply how uncharacteristically stupid Quinn suddenly becomes:

"I really thought you were smarter than this."

"After all our time together, have you not realized that I am unbeatable?"

The way I see it, the person we see committing the betrayal is a poorly written dumb*ss, not Quinn. The Quinn that I know would have either stayed loyal to the Warrior, or executed the betrayal successfully. Really feels like the writers just wanted to throw in a "cool" plot twist, and forced this.

It's typical mass-media writing -- characters and setting are just contrivances for showing whatever "cool" thing they want to show. Other than superficial tags that allow the consumer to say "He's the X one!" or "She's the one with A!", characters aren't consistent and have no depth. They are whatever the writer needs them to be at that moment.

Unless it concerns the Cartel Market, they're closed until next year.

+1 for the effort on my book nonetheless, mate. Thank you for the bump. ;)

Lol, they don't even fix CM bugs. Unless you mean the actual part that takes our money, not the things we buy. I'm sure they'd be all over anything that stopped them from getting money.

Edited by eartharioch