SoR Intro: No Romances Acknowledged ( Imperial Classes ONLY )

Darth_Wicked

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the...???

GRRRRR looks like my new Assassin is on ice indefinitely now.

After Zevran's bug in Dragon Age 2, I am beyond amazed and beyond pissed that they did it again. And this time there is no "oh but it's due to save importing" bullcrap.

OMG I am so pissed I can't even I can't even

Edited by Cedia

What about male?

They've got it too.

"Fortunately" I'm going through SoR with those who are already suffering from mute companions first, so it doesn't make any difference for my Agent and Warrior(s). Stings for my Merc though, since he was the first I took through the expansion conent. :mad:

It seems like I'll be forced to save my remaining Imperials for last, and take my last couple of Pubs through it first, in the (very slim) hope that they'll fix it before the expansion goes live.

Edited by Callaron

They've got it too.

"Fortunately" I'm going through SoR with those who are already suffering from mute companions first, so it doesn't make any difference for my Agent and Warrior(s). Stings for my Merc though, since he was the first I took through the expansion conent. :mad:

What do you mean by "mute" companions? I main a female concealment operative (wearing Regal Apparel Miniskirt), which was the most bugged you could get at SoR launch, and as far as I know 3/4 of those bugs still haven't been fixed (and a fifth was added -- Concealed Bodysuit Belt).

Well i tried Pming Musco asking about it to see if i could even get a "were still working on it" response but got no response at all so im going to guess they have it in their " We couldnt care less" list... :(:mad:

This is Bioware we're talking about -- they like to move on from bugs (unless they affect the precious precious "balance") and get on to the next thing they can sell you.

(Feel free to prove me wrong here, BW.)

Edited by Max_Killjoy

What do you mean by "mute" companions? I main a female concealment operative (wearing Regal Apparel Miniskirt), which was the most bugged you could get at SoR launch, and as far as I know 3/4 of those bugs still haven't been fixed (and a fifth was added -- Concealed Bodysuit Belt).

Temple was one of those who didn't get new dialogues, despite being one of the IA's love interests. (Same deal with Jaesa)

You'll be less affected by it since Vector at least speaks while traveling on the new planets. (Even if the romance isn't acknowledged in the intro).

Well i tried Pming Musco asking about it to see if i could even get a "were still working on it" response but got no response at all so im going to guess they have it in their " We couldnt care less" list... :(:mad:

Musco* will flat out ignore PMs for the most part (based on my experience at least). I once PMed him to ask him something about an issue I had with my account. Didn't even get a standard template reply back. Don't even bother trying with him.

Amber Green on the other hand was amazingly helpful back in the day when she was still part of the community team. Don't know about Courtney or Tait since I never PM'ed either of them.

* In his defense, he probably gets so many PMs that he'd spend his whole work day replying to them once he started doing that.

Edited by Callaron

Temple was one of those who didn't get new dialogues, despite being one of the IA's love interests. (Same deal with Jaesa)

You'll be less affected by it since Vector at least speaks while traveling on the new planets. (Even if the romance isn't acknowledged in the intro).[/size]

I've rarely heard Vector speak, since (a) companions don't speak while mounted and (b) I don't use him (since I'm already DPS). ButI'd guess that Temple/Jaesa being "mute" in SoR isn't a bug, unless you think that BW recorded lines and they just aren't playing. Still sucky for those who care about traveling dialog, though.

...unless you think that BW recorded lines and they just aren't playing.

That's exactly what happened in Dragon Age 2 with Zevran, and from what I've dug up about this issue, the files have been datamined.

That's exactly what happened in Dragon Age 2 with Zevran, and from what I've dug up about this issue, the files have been datamined.

Says a lot that they cant be bothered to fix it. They fixed it for agents so it should be fixable for warriors, inquisitors, and bounty hunters but no, they just gave us the finger and laughed :(

So yeah, hopes for "renewed focus on story" is pretty much in the negative. Going to see it as 100% unfollowed through spin.

They sure could hotfix the zoomed out character select screen bug most everyone wanted to keep within a week though....

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Bioware -- address this already.

If you're never going to fix the intros, just tell us, so we can take those other characters through and do SoR and Ziost with them.

Here's Tait's post from January:

I've been spotted! I actually mentioned this in a different thread as well. It's not being fixed in 3.0.2, but I'm finding out when we are aiming for it. Right now, I don't have any ETA. :(

-Tait

And we've (or at least I've) seen nothing from them about this since then.

Is this going to be another "Garrus' mission was done while on acid" moment?

Edited by Max_Killjoy

Going to keep bumping this, especially if they are going to continue using how important "story & choices" are to them right now as their newest "PR spin".

If nothing else to show what big fat liars they are...

"Yes Boo, I agree. This group could do with a swift kick in the morals." - Minsc

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Mako made a reference to my BH keeping her "busy" at the start of the BH intro this past week. So I fully believe that the BH romance intro is fixed.

Either that or it's wonky and working for some, while still broken for others.

Hopefully you're right, and it will be fixed indeed. Though some official word on the issue would be nice.

Mako made a reference to my BH keeping her "busy" at the start of the BH intro this past week. So I fully believe that the BH romance intro is fixed.

Still broken for my female warrior i took through last week, although it wouldnt suprise me if Bioware only fixed it for male characters :rolleyes:

"Yes Boo, I agree. This group could do with a swift kick in the morals." - Minsc

Edited by XiamaraSimi

So is the OP not updating his post? I was really enjoying playing my Sith gals before I found out about this bug. :(

I know the Agent is okay, but I'm not sure I want to play through that again. Is Torian fixed?

So is the OP not updating his post? I was really enjoying playing my Sith gals before I found out about this bug. :(

I know the Agent is okay, but I'm not sure I want to play through that again. Is Torian fixed?

The way i understand it, its still broken for female warriors, inquisitors and bounty hunters...