SoR Intro: No Romances Acknowledged ( Imperial Classes ONLY )

Darth_Wicked

The way i understand it, its still broken for female warriors, inquisitors and bounty hunters...

Well, I was hoping that the following applied to the female BH as well. I'd very much appreciate it if someone would test it out. :)

SCREENSHOT TIME! :D

As far as the BH is concerned, it goes like this:

• Upper option in the radial wheel, as seen
here, leads up to this moment where Mako ( NOT so subtly ) brings up the romance between her and the male BH; Torian proceeds to cough, so both parties change the subject.

• Lower option in the radial wheel, as seen
here, leads up to NO romance being acknowledged, and the conversation following it's natural progression.

Again, better than nothing, but the game should automatically recognize the flags. As it is right now, it is up to the player apparently.

Edited by Cedia

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, I doubt Bioware is ever going to fix this.

As such. . . I think I'm going to just do the stuff anyways.

I expected better of you Bioware!

EDIT: Not that they care what I expected of them so long as I continue forking over cash.

Edited by Legowaffles

So uh, I think the Female IA intro is borked again.

The last thing that was said was "Transceivers along our route pick up the beacon's signal. If I triangulate the origin of someone collecting the beacon's data from those transceivers. . ."

Immediately after that, it proceeds to load Rishi, and I'm then on Rishi.

For what it's worth, my character is married to Vector.

Honestly feel like someone should make a post in General Discussion regarding this issue. If Bioware can't even be arsed to fix this, how can we trust them with an entire story based expansion where our choices supposedly matter?

The way i understand it, its still broken for female warriors, inquisitors and bounty hunters...

I just compared my male Sith Inquisitor's intro to a female Inquisitor's playthrough on Youtube, and they are exactly the same. Word for word. Which makes me very hesitant to believe that the person talking about the M!Bounty Hunter was correct. I'm more inclined to belief that Darth_Wicked's OP still stands, and that all Imperials except the Agent are still getting it.

I'm also starting to suspect that when KotFE comes around they're simply going to wipe the slate clean, and add simple flirts that you're supposed to click if you romanced that companion, and which will suddenly make them go "Oh yeah, I remember how great we had it!" even if that particular character never romanced them to begin with. :rolleyes:

Time to park my sorc on his ship for the next couple of months while I focus on running my Pubs through SoR. :mad:

Edited by Callaron

I'm also starting to suspect that when KotFE comes around they're simply going to wipe the slate clean, and add simple flirts that you're supposed to click if you romanced that companion, and which will suddenly make them go "Oh yeah, I remember how great we had it!" even if that particular character never romanced them to begin with. :rolleyes:

I think it will most likely be a questionnaire like in the beginning of Mass Effect 2. That way they never have to fix this ever!

Meh, how depressing, but I guess it is what it is.

On a related note, my Google-fu is apparently lacking and I cannot find the files that are supposed to trigger. Would some kind soul provide links so we can at least headcanon them?

I think it will most likely be a questionnaire like in the beginning of Mass Effect 2. That way they never have to fix this ever!

Meh, how depressing, but I guess it is what it is.

On a related note, my Google-fu is apparently lacking and I cannot find the files that are supposed to trigger. Would some kind soul provide links so we can at least headcanon them?

Probably during that dream sequence where you see the companions die. And where Lana ensures you that it wasn't a dream and necessarily true.

Bumping on the very small hope that continued interest may get it fixed eventually.

The only way to generate such interest is to make a thread in actual General Discussion regarding this. This forum is where Bioware hides the trash unfortunately.

Anyone up for that?

Worth a shot. Though it should probably be done during the week, since there are no mods around to see it during the weekend. And it'd need the occasional bump or it'll get spammed off the radar before anyone even sees it. :p

Female knight was broken for me last weekish, its blatantly obvious bioware couldnt possibly care less.

Yeap.

Thread in General also got about the response I expected, the typical "Why do you care about this, shut up!" trolls and griefers and bungholes.

Yeap.

Thread in General also got about the response I expected, the typical "Why do you care about this, shut up!" trolls and griefers and bungholes.

Yep, but they sure raised a *****storm about not being able to kill whoever the new grand poobah for kotfe is in an op as as soon as the servers go up october 21st :rolleyes:

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Yep, but they sure raised a *****storm about not being able to kill whoever the new grand poobah for kotfe is in an op as as soon as the servers go up october 21st :rolleyes:

No doubt.

But hey, who cares if your choices make any difference in a game based on story and choices, as long as there's always more "content" in the form of yet another gimmicky Op, right?

Edited by Max_Killjoy

No doubt.

But hey, who cares if your choices make any difference in a game based on story and choices, as long as there's always more "content" in the form of yet another gimmicky Op, right?

pot meet kettle.

you guys do realize that you are doing the EXACT same thing, right?

some of us care for both story AND ops. and yes not having new larger scale group pve content (which is what ops are) sucks.

basically... don't complain about how people don't care about things that are important to you and insult you etc for it... when you turn around and do exact. same. thing.

on topic. I wish I could see intros as they should be. unfortunately I already took most of my faves through them.

Edited by Jeweledleah

pot meet kettle.

you guys do realize that you are doing the EXACT same thing, right?

some of us care for both story AND ops. and yes not having new larger scale group pve content (which is what ops are) sucks.

basically... don't complain about how people don't care about things that are important to you and insult you etc for it... when you turn around and do exact. same. thing.

on topic. I wish I could see intros as they should be. unfortunately I already took most of my faves through them.

I wasn't slamming the players who focus on Ops, or PvP, or GSF, or whatever. Read some of my other posts: to each his own.

I was slamming the players who believe their focus is the end-all-be-all of the game and that it's "dead" without constant Bioware focus on that part of the game (with a touch of snark directed at the way most Ops are set up to include special mechanical gimmicks that are often the source of bugs). Ironically, those same players who laughingly dismiss a bug in cutscenes or storylines, howl like mad when there's the slightest bug in an Op, or a PvP map, or... I don't typically see story or RP focused players laughingly dismiss the bugs in other parts of the game.

TL;DR -- I was directly paraphrasing one of the responses that the thread in General received, not dismissing anyone else's concerns.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

That was my point as well. If we are unhappy about something its "stupid" and were supposed to just accept it/deal with it, but raids are being delayed a bit and its "Omg the world is ending and your killing the game!!!!!" Edited by XiamaraSimi