Rydarus' 4.0+ Vigilance/Vengeance Guide on Dulfy

GrandLordMenace

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have problem of a different kind. Several times I have stumbled upon that for the second shatter in the opener (optimal or not) I didn't have enough rage (I have Shien form active). Here is how it looks:

Saber Throw > Force Charge, Enrage > Impale > Ravage > Ravage* > Shatter > Force Scream > Sundering Assault > Impale > Ravage > Ravage* > Vicious Throw > Force Scream > Shatter

So rage generation goes like: Rage generated (Total Rage):

+3 (3) > +9 (12) > -3 (9) > 0 (9) > 0* (9) > -1 (8) > -3 (5) > +5 (10) > -3 (7) > 0 (7) > 0 (7) > +1 (8) > -3 (5) > -1 (4)

So for the second Shatter there is exactly the amount of rage needed. However, few time I was 1 rage short at this point. I tried to analyze logs and I had a flashback that at one of these instances Saber Throw gave me 2 rage instead of 3. Neither Starparse nor Parsley gave me the answer. But looking at raw combat log files I've noticed that when ability is activated it usually first consumes/generates rage, applies all applicable effects and then it delivers the damage. Could it be possible that before entering combat (dealing damage) but after acquiring rage from Saber Throw, 1 rage point disappeared due to out-of-combat rage vanishing?

This happens to me all the time, with a very specific point in my rotation where I need exactly 1 more rage for Shatter. I'd say about 30% of my parses also very obviously robbing me of rage, where I do saber thrown and force charge and immediately notice I only have 5 rage instead of 3+3=6.

I have problem of a different kind. Several times I have stumbled upon that for the second shatter in the opener (optimal or not) I didn't have enough rage (I have Shien form active). Here is how it looks:

Saber Throw > Force Charge, Enrage > Impale > Ravage > Ravage* > Shatter > Force Scream > Sundering Assault > Impale > Ravage > Ravage* > Vicious Throw > Force Scream > Shatter

+3 (3) > +9 (12) > -3 (9) > 0 (9) > 0* (9) > -1 (8) > -3 (5) > +5 (10) > -3 (7) > 0 (7) > 0 (7) > +1 (8) > -3 (5) > -1 (4)

So for the second Shatter there is exactly the amount of rage needed. However, few time I was 1 rage short at this point. I tried to analyze logs and I had a flashback that at one of these instances Saber Throw gave me 2 rage instead of 3. Neither Starparse nor Parsley gave me the answer. But looking at raw combat log files I've noticed that when ability is activated it usually first consumes/generates rage, applies all applicable effects and then it delivers the damage. Could it be possible that before entering combat (dealing damage) but after acquiring rage from Saber Throw, 1 rage point disappeared due to out-of-combat rage vanishing?

Yeah. That happens sometime because when we open the rotation with Saber Throw we won't get in combat right away. That half a second Saber Throw flying to the target can sometime takes away 1 Rage/Focus by normal out-of-combat Rage/Focus mechanic.

So I've been doing the rotation you listed over and over on the dummy, and every time I need to do the second shatter, I have 7 rage which is more than enough. Not sure what the issue is.

Close to what i do but i go Saber Throw > Force Charge, Enrage > Impale > Ravage > Ravage* > Shatter > Force Scream > Vicious Throw > Impale > Ravage > Ravage* > Sundering Assault > Force Scream > Shatter

How much deviation due to RNG do you typically get during parses? I don't know if I'm doing wrong but I seem to be getting 200-300 dps difference between my highest and lowest parses, even though I'm trying my hardest to have my rotation exactly the same each time.

How much deviation due to RNG do you typically get during parses? I don't know if I'm doing wrong but I seem to be getting 200-300 dps difference between my highest and lowest parses, even though I'm trying my hardest to have my rotation exactly the same each time.

Happens due to crits ;)

You're lucky if you only have 200-300 :p

How the hell do you guys have BiS 224s already?

Farming the **** out of highlighted HM.

Which my guild doesn't do, since it's not fun to faceroll through it. We do the highlighted one once a week and then move on to NiM. So neither of my guildies has a full 224, but almost :)

Yeah I mean the hardest one to farm was EV, well longest, we did 16m HM for the last 3 bosses with 8, so pylons was 4 times back go back to get the whole group there earpiece, then council was 8times back to back to get everyone relics, then soa was 4 times back to back for all mainhands, took about 4 and a half hours the night we did it, then I got my oh and headpiece from tfb this week to finish him off

I also have 5 juggs now lol, so II run the highlighted HM on my alts for everything right side, and my main for left side , I already have my PT in half 224s lol

I main jugg, but I only have one jugg :/ On the other hand, I have 2 PTs and 2 sorcs. One day I'll have a need for multiple juggs...