Rydarus' 4.0+ Vigilance/Vengeance Guide on Dulfy

GrandLordMenace

took guide off my sig cause it doesn't matter anymore, and after the jugg guide I'll probably be ceasing all major work on it and just enjoying the time I have left in the game before it all eventually goes to ****.

It's been fun but the work isn't worth the reward for me anymore.

Bullsh*t. It matters so.

We need you to stick around here. /backhand

Go pvp for awhile, then go punch something until your knuckles are sore. Things are usually fine after that.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a shame, but I have to agree. Even if you keep playing, sticking to Jugg is as stupid as it gets, as much as I like the class.

Yesterday we did TFB NiM. He went enrage everytime while the last tentacle was still up, so even with a perfect transition we would have to do 9% more damage to an enraged boss that hits our tanks with 50k hits through their mititgation. And why? Because Juggs simply don't deliever the damage needed. And not even a word from the Devs on the balance in the game:(

Seriously, I'll switch to merc or PT for the next few weeks, then I'm off to The Division, just preordered.

Edited by Torvai

Bullsh*t. It matters so.

We need you to stick around here. /backhand

Go pvp for awhile, then go punch something until your knuckles are sore. Things are usually fine after that.

It's because it matters that I'm stepping back after I finish everything I wanted to. It's literally the only thing I can even do that will send a devs a message, because I don't, and won't care about this game until it becomes something that I care enough about to actually put my spare time outside of actually playing it to write a guide.

Writing a guide takes work and right now the work isn't justified.

Edited by GrandLordMenace

I know you've pretty much given up on this game, and I honestly don't blame you seeing as I'm close to doing the same myself, but do you think you could take a look at my parse for me when you get a chance? Been playing veng off/on since launch, but didnt "really" try to make it work until 3.0. Kind of struggeling here in 4.0, can't seem to get myself above 6.1k at all even in full 220(Missing 2 optimal mods). From what I can tell, I think I am just missing, slightly, on the optimal up times on the dots. Well, that and the fact that crits hate me. :D Willing to listen to any help, lol.

http://parsely.io/parser/view/113314/5

I know you've pretty much given up on this game, and I honestly don't blame you seeing as I'm close to doing the same myself, but do you think you could take a look at my parse for me when you get a chance? Been playing veng off/on since launch, but didnt "really" try to make it work until 3.0. Kind of struggeling here in 4.0, can't seem to get myself above 6.1k at all even in full 220(Missing 2 optimal mods). From what I can tell, I think I am just missing, slightly, on the optimal up times on the dots. Well, that and the fact that crits hate me. :D Willing to listen to any help, lol.

http://parsely.io/parser/view/113314/5

I haven't given up quite yet, but that's mainly cause guild and not cause I actually want to stay, so no worries.

As for your parse, breakdown incoming. Random comparison with my ****** geared jugg parse: http://parsely.io/parser/compare/91593/0/113314/5/

EDIT: Breakdownwise, your parse is fine, from a dummy perspective (Highlight on the dummy aspect) it's actually better than mine, because it squeezes more vengeful slams to make up for the DPS loss, which on a dummy is a safe bet because you're guaranteed the AoE debuff. It's a little less consistent and the variance is quite a bit higher, but for higher numbers it is infact better. I just don't agree with it for raiding because AOEs aren't guaranteed to hit targets.

I have one more Shatter Scream and Impale in exchange for your 3 Vengeful Slams, at a net it's probably a wash. All you essentially need to do is get more efficient with resource usage and replace the 3 slams with more dots.

Also because boss fights are generally longer, downtime by a GCD or two is magnified a lot more on abilities. I suggest looking at your ability by ability comparison.

Edited by GrandLordMenace

Also because boss fights are generally longer, downtime by a GCD or two is magnified a lot more on abilities. I suggest looking at your ability by ability comparison.

That's honestly what I've been trying to work on, because like you said it makes a big difference in actual raids. I just ended up switching back to DPS, from tank, so the main thing I've been trying to do is get the rotation back down to muscle memory. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything TOO stupid in there, just need to sit at the dummy for a while and hammer down the rotation after the opening.

That's honestly what I've been trying to work on, because like you said it makes a big difference in actual raids. I just ended up switching back to DPS, from tank, so the main thing I've been trying to do is get the rotation back down to muscle memory. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing anything TOO stupid in there, just need to sit at the dummy for a while and hammer down the rotation after the opening.

IF you really really want it into muscle memory, go hit the dummy for a long time. just armor debuff and hit it for like 10mil or even more. but look at it as a set of 10x 1 mil and evaluate that.

• 2 weeks later...

Got kinda bored, and heard about this https://contests.nvidia.com/en-us/build-your-alliance

So why not?

I attempted, and succeeded, at doing the False Emperor in Hard Mode, all the way, completely solo besides a companion.

Compression messed with the video quality a lot, but you can generally see all of it. Malgus was a disappointment, HK was total hell, required heroic moment to pass, the Mandalorian wasn't bad, the double droids were just **** *** IS GOING ON, and the Trandoshan was actually highly annoying. I plan on soloing as much flashpoint content as I can in the game, before moving on to duoing Operations content.

Vote for me at https://contests.nvidia.com/en-us/build-your-alliance for RydarusVeneris. Also make sure to participate for a chance at winning a GTX 960 or your own gaming rig. Cause something to grind in lieu of gear.

OK RANDOM SHAMELESS PLUG OVER BACK TO THE DEAD GUIDE.

:rak_03:

• 4 weeks later...

Since my sub runs out in two days, I just wanted to chime in and say thank you all for the good time I had in these forums.

You guys teached me a lot and made me love the Jugg/Guardian even more than I already did before starting to mess around in the forums.

I'll probably be back in the game some time in the future. Have a good time y'all :)

PS: Rydarus, I updated the OP for the Saber Reflect thread, if this has any relevance left ;)

Since my sub runs out in two days, I just wanted to chime in and say thank you all for the good time I had in these forums.

You guys teached me a lot and made me love the Jugg/Guardian even more than I already did before starting to mess around in the forums.

I'll probably be back in the game some time in the future. Have a good time y'all :)

PS: Rydarus, I updated the OP for the Saber Reflect thread, if this has any relevance left ;)

Thanks, miss you dude :c

• 2 weeks later...

So I see on the duffly the stat priority is Defence>Shield>Absorb, just tryingto figure our were endurance, mastery and armor fit in. Mainly because I can make 212 Rating gear, but lose about 50 edurance per item compared to he venor 208 gear. But gain master and defense.

Regards,

Vathrur (Sith Juggernaut)

So I see on the duffly the stat priority is Defence>Shield>Absorb, just tryingto figure our were endurance, mastery and armor fit in. Mainly because I can make 212 Rating gear, but lose about 50 edurance per item compared to he venor 208 gear. But gain master and defense.

Regards,

Vathrur (Sith Juggernaut)

aaah you are refering to tanking?

• 1 month later...