How Does Your Favorite Class Feel, Now?

SkyCakeLight

Heya!! How do you feel about your main class, now?

So, been playing on my Pyro PT. And... it's so much fun!! Loving the new changes. There's even more fire! Flaming Fist is awesome and so glad to have Immolate. To me, the rotation is more fun. Overall, pretty happy with these changes! And, I still haven't received Scorch, yet! Haha.

What about you? How do you feel about your class? I've heard a lot of complaining in General Chat, but can hardly take words seriously when it's "wut happned to my fire grenade? dey remove it? 3.0 is stupid. bye bw, way to rune game" I'd rather hear the opinions of better experienced players rather than some kid that has played the game for two weeks.

Do you feel stronger in DPS/Tanking/Healing? Why? Thank you!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heya!! How do you feel about your main class, now?

So, been playing on my Pyro PT. And... it's so much fun!! Loving the new changes. There's even more fire! Flaming Fist is awesome and so glad to have Immolate. To me, the rotation is more fun. Overall, pretty happy with these changes! And, I still haven't received Scorch, yet! Haha.

What about you? How do you feel about your class? I've heard a lot of complaining in General Chat, but can hardly take words seriously when it's "wut happned to my fire grenade? dey remove it? 3.0 is stupid. bye bw, way to rune game" I'd rather hear the opinions of better experienced players rather than some kid that has played the game for two weeks.

Do you feel stronger in DPS/Tanking/Healing? Why? Thank you!!

Well I mained an assault vanguard, but that was so OP they had to remove it :p

Either way, both Plasmatech and Tactics feel so much better than Tactics + Assault used to be. Tactics taking the fun things about Assault, while getting rid of everything frustrating, while Plasmatech took tactics and improved upon it.

I haven't tried tank spec yet, but it apparently plays exactly the same, except with an extra defensive cooldown (which is awesome) so I do think it would be better off in the end.

Oh and 75% speed boost Hold the Line is so good. I swear this should have always been the case, it is now the perfect skill for gap closing and stuff.

log onto my scoundrel and feel terrible, things missing.... But at least is nice to have a *proper dot remover and root break free on the threat remover.

Logged onto my *now AP pt, damn jesus, got to wait to fully levelled and geared wz, but could well be seriously op. I was just kicking out so much damage and while the cool down reduction on KO is sorely missed. I am just so hard to bring down. Having additional abilities tied to the railshot proc really helps loosen up the rotation. My pt is super happy right now. except for on thing I want that torch bh armour so bad. Been waiting for it since the day i started leveling my pt.

Took my Lightning Sorc to 58 now, finished Yavin at about halfway to 59. Now to work on reputation on Rishi and Yavin, I guess... :D

Loving hte changes, however, even though I was kind of used to stop to channel Force Lightning after my Lightning Strike - now changed to Lightning Bolt :o - so I now find myself stopping for no reason... :rolleyes:

Worked my way on utilities to get what I had before and a couple more things, like Force Speed breaking roots and the Overload heal, and I gotta say it helps a lot with the lag that I found around... :p

Guess I'll get used to it, but I have 11 more 55s to take out after the Expansion hit and a couple low lvls, so I'll have to see them too. :cool:

For the moment, nice, though. :D

Edited by Cox_The_Beast

I used to love my Dirty Fighting Gunslinger and the Virulence Sniper because I was not forced to use the cover mechanic. I loved the free-running aspect of the dots and the channels and the shielding every 15 secs from the defense drone....

ALL GONE.

I now feel my gunslinger and Sniper classes are unplayable as the very things I built them for are now gone, I MUST cover for every damn thing, including Fly By and Orbital Strikes.. What the HELL??

My Ambush and Aimed Strike is now gone... it never used to be tied to a tree before, WHY NOW???

Bad Bad move on the part of developers. I have yet to see what has been done to my other classes, but I am not liking the mechanics overhaul so far.

I used to play generally all classes and preferred Sith Marauder... But now, with this new skill system, all of the classes feel awkward to play. Honestly, it's complete garbage to me and would LOVE IT if they brought the old system back. Edited by BlackVisor

I used to love my Dirty Fighting Gunslinger and the Virulence Sniper because I was not forced to use the cover mechanic. I loved the free-running aspect of the dots and the channels and the shielding every 15 secs from the defense drone....

ALL GONE.

I now feel my gunslinger and Sniper classes are unplayable as the very things I built them for are now gone, I MUST cover for every damn thing, including Fly By and Orbital Strikes.. What the HELL??

My Ambush and Aimed Strike is now gone... it never used to be tied to a tree before, WHY NOW???

Bad Bad move on the part of developers. I have yet to see what has been done to my other classes, but I am not liking the mechanics overhaul so far.

I haven't played around with Virulence, but I am loving Marksman. A lot of the abilities that required cover work standing now. The draw back to that is the loss of defense. But if I get knocked on my butt I can get right back up and shoot, instead of ... cover then shoot.

With regards to Advanced Prototype: AMAZING.

I used to be so torn with regards to this class. Both tree's had something I really wanted: One had wrist blade and amazing utility, and the other had resetting of railshot.

Now I have everything I want: Wrist blade, resetting railshot without any RNG component, Thermal Detonator instead of immolate, something I didn't even know I wanted in the form of Magnetic blast, which hits twice as hard as Flameburst used to for this class, I can reset my railshot out of combat and from 30m now, 30m Thermal Detonator, new hard hitting damage move, more range on Shoulder cannon.

The only thing I could possibly now want for this class is Jet Charge becoming all spec and Grapple given to tank spec, and the ability to use Blaster rifles.

With regards to Advanced Prototype: AMAZING.

I used to be so torn with regards to this class. Both tree's had something I really wanted: One had wrist blade and amazing utility, and the other had resetting of railshot.

Now I have everything I want: Wrist blade, resetting railshot without any RNG component, Thermal Detonator instead of immolate, something I didn't even know I wanted in the form of Magnetic blast, which hits twice as hard as Flameburst used to for this class, I can reset my railshot out of combat and from 30m now, 30m Thermal Detonator, new hard hitting damage move, more range on Shoulder cannon.

The only thing I could possibly now want for this class is Jet Charge becoming all spec and Grapple given to tank spec, and the ability to use Blaster rifles.

I play the vanguard variant of this and I fully confirm everything stated in this post. Except for the blaster rifle aspect, as I already do have it.

Darkness Assassin feels supersquishy right now, I'm almost considering taking Talos with me instead of Ashara.

Might be my gear though I didn't play at lvl55 at all, so time will tell. Any other Assassins/shadows having similiar opinions on this?

btw any suggestions for my first Alt? Currently considering Operative, Vanguard and Powertech :p

Edited by Lawrenor

Shadow tank feels as good as ever. I definitely like the animation on the new ability that replaces telekinetic throw!

Well I'm glad if thats the case maybe it's just me coming back after so long, back when I played we had a lot more selfhealing I think. (Kinda sad because thats why I picked the Assassin tank in the first place :( )

The new skill is just a replacement which feels a bit underwhelming to me. I think they missed a great opportunity to add depth to the class by not keeping both skills. They could have made one not consuming buffs or applying certain buffs that the other one consumes and vice versa so we would have to alternate between both skills for maximum efficiency or bank certain proccs for special occasions.

That aside I'm still having a lot of fun and I'm happy I decided to give the game another shot :)

Edited by Lawrenor

Jugg tanking in 3.0 is not awful but it feels slow and awkward compared to what it was.

We have more rage then we know what to do with but there is never a good time to use retaliation and not being able to go into Crushing Blow immediately after Smash at the start of a fight makes it harder to get group threat then it used to be.

So while my favorite character is still playable it is not nearly as much fun as it was in 2.x.

The lightning sorcerer is amazing though and may just become my new favorite character.

Jedi Consular Shadow Tank here. I'm loving it. I'm harder to kill than ever. In PVP people used to drop me like a rock, even with 158 gear. Now I've got real staying power even with a few of them beating on me. I'm no glass tank anymore and I love it.

Even better, Cascade Debris = my new best friends. It's the meaner, bigger brother of telekinetic throw and shares the cooldown. Where telekinetic throw was like a stream of mosquito bites, this thing pulls up huge chunks of earth and slams it into the enemy - several times. It's helped my DPS a LOT. Thanks to Force Potency, I can boost the range of this one and hit people downfield for great damage.

I was bummed about losing my out of stealth spin kick, but lo and behold, it's back as of level 59. Inconvenient but at least it wasn't gone completely. That's one of my favorite moves. Spin kick them so they stun, they clear the stun, boom - force stun. Mainly a support-the-team move when they're fighting a troublemaker but so useful.

Altogether, love it. :D

I'm so happy for the people enjoying their classes!!

It seems as time goes on, a lot of the negative posts/chats were mostly people that didn't quite understand the new rotations or gameplay style. I've seen people complaining about their class, then come back and say they just judged too quickly and after playing around with it some, they found it more enjoyable than before. I've even seen people upset about losing hybrids changing their minds after playing around a bit. Which, is great!! I'm so happy people are still finding enjoyment!

I tried AP PT, yesterday! So bursty! Rips through enemies on Oricon, But, not as fun as Pyro, for me! I love having Immolate, so much fire. Pyro losing Rail Shot CD made this spec feel more... Pyro-like.

I tried out my Engineering Sniper! And, sadly it feels the same as before. I'm still getting in cover, dropping an explosive probe, snipe, snipe snipe, snipe, snipe, snipe, win. Haha. Or! For harder bosses, I'll use my scatter bombs to get the most DPS I can. But, yep! Still feels kind of boring to me. Still a monster in PvP, though!

I wish I would have level'd my Operative. Guess she is level 40, so not far behind. But, I hear Concealment is in a much better place, now. From the patch notes, it seems like it. I never had to use Acid Blade, but it seemed like it would have been a pain. Orbital Strike was useful while soloing the story, but only for the knockdown effect. I would never use it in a FP, not even on trash mobs. Stabbing each mob for more effective and useful than waiting to cast Orbital Strike, and have most of them be dead by the time the cast was over anyways. Or, maybe it would get one shot off before the group was moving on to the next set of enemies.

Anyone happen to play a Concealment Operative in PvP since 3.0? Before 3.0, I felt like an annoying pest. Like, I could pop out of stealth and stun the enemy and such, but rarely got the kill since most classes defensive CDs can easily outlive a Concealment Operatives rotation. At least, that's how it was in my case. Just wasn't really my type of class, I like to deal damage and be a threat to people. Grappling an enemy, then wailing on them which usually killed them is fun to me. Popping out of stealth, stun, stab, stab, stun and leaving them with at least half of their HP still was not fun. Especially if I had to use the in-combat stealth to avoid being ganged up on by their team. How are you feeling about them, now?

Played my low level Commando for fun! Level 21, so I'm no where near and expert. I made the commando to be my "mirror" to my PT. Not AC mirror, just Trooper/Bounty Hunter mirror, since I wanted a different playstyle. Anyways! In PvP, wow! After spamming 5 grav rounds (really easy to do with good positioning), getting an instant heal is awesome! That plus my defensive CDs, I felt really bulky. And, did so much damage. I'll definitely be leveling my Commando when I make time for my Republic toons!

I'll probably check out my Vengeance Juggernaut, next! Since overall, the changes have had positive affects on my characters, I'm excited to see this one's changes! Also, my Sorceress! My Sorceress was my main until I decided to finally, after years of on and off, to play a PT. But, haven't played Sorceress, yet. But, spreading DOTs sound like a lot of fun!

Edited by SkyCakeLight