The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The Rakghoul Event is back.

Reno_Tarshil

Just waited until someone was about to explode, they ran up to me, probably super excited to see someone without a vaccine/infected and I popped the relic just in time. You know he mad :cool:

Now... time to go explode on people who are trying to not participate in the event :D

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be ok with this event as soon as we get a pvp week, in which everybody is flagged for pvp unless they buy a waiver that is good for six hours (does not persist on defeat).

I pretty much don't want to do any warzones while this event is going on. We have enough stuns / CC in pvp without adding the plague stun.

There's a stim that removes it and protects you few hours: 2k credits

There's a relic (3 different versions of it for different levels) that does the same thing but with unlimited number of uses: can't remember price but it's not super expensive.

Edited by Halinalle

Except ditching a pvp relic in favor of a (I don't know what it's stats are or how bolster will handle it) sounds like a bad idea. So, options are: deal with (probably) nerfed stats in a warzone (use relic), spend lots of creds on vaccines, or deal with random stuns from the plague. Awesome.

EDIT: I'm talking about 55 pvp.

you use the rakghoul relic and then switch relics back..the protection stays with you

Would you be OK with a "PvP week" that turned every server into open-world PvP free-for-all that allowed every level character to attack any other character of any level -- anywhere on any world or station or instance -- unless the target had purchased a "shield unit" within the last 6 hours?

Yes. **** yes. No shield units pls.

^ He's got a good point.

We already have enough babies who complain about pvp in a zone that's completely avoidable during the gree event. I can only imagine the nerdrage for that implementation.

Edited by Nickious

How long does this stupid event last?

Just so I know how long I have to wait until I can log back in again. I have no interest in it and keep getting infected by morons so i'm just going to sit it out and play something else until this craps over.

We already have enough babies who complain about pvp in a zone that's completely avoidable during the gree event. I can only imagine the nerdrage for that implementation.

This wouldn't make everyone PVP. This would only mark those that are infected running around trying to infect others, as PVP. Seems to me it would even the playing field. Try to infect me in a fleet spawning area? Better run for your life.

Yes I would be. Because they give you an option to opt out of it. Unless you're telling me 2000 credits is too much to ask for.

It depends on wether you are paying 2000 credit to participate in something (like repairing your stuff)

Or Paying 2000 Credits to NOT participate on something that annoys you.

Clearly it is not a question of credits, it's a question of principle.

The simple fact that it is "opt out" instead of "opt in" is bad thinking from those who conceived it, but the fact that you have to pay to opt out makes it unquestionably unbearable.

For me this mission where people interfere with your gameplay without you having a say about it, is the same as using an exploit to force you into PvP when you are questing peacefully, This quest that consist on infecting other players shoud not exist to begin with.

Things you can do when infected - buy a vaccine/relic. Boom. Done.

Go inside a phase and /stuck. Boom. Done.

Avoid fleet and use a guild flagship instead (because really, a flagship should have everything you need). Boom. Done.

Heck, go to fleet anyways and use the aforementioned /stuck. or jump off a ledge.

Embrace the event and get an easy 8k by exploding on other people once you've been infectected. Boom. Done (literally).

Things that can be annoying but also possible to get over - the Rakghoul event. Things that are far more annoying - scrubs who don't know how to have fun.

It depends on wether you are paying 2000 credit to participate in something (like repairing your stuff)

Or Paying 2000 Credits to NOT participate on something that annoys you.

Clearly it is not a question of credits, it's a question of principle.

The simple fact that it is "opt out" instead of "opt in" is bad thinking from those who conceived it, but the fact that you have to pay to opt out makes it unquestionably unbearable.

For me this mission where people interfere with your gameplay without you having a say about it, is the same as using an exploit to force you into PvP when you are questing peacefully, This quest that consist on infecting other players shoud not exist to begin with.

But you do have a say about it. 2k for a vaccine. Boom. Problem Solved.

But you do have a say about it. 2k for a vaccine. Boom. Problem Solved.

you didn't read did you ?, so i'll have to autoquote myself :

it is not a question of credits, it's a question of principle.

You shouldn't have to pay to opt out, hell you shouldn't even have to opt out, it should literally ask you if you want to participate.

Having to opt out is a problem

Having to PAY to opt out is an even greater problem.

Like i said it's a question of principle

Feel free to tell me again that paying 2000cr is supposed to solve the problem.

Edited by Kaall

This wouldn't make everyone PVP. This would only mark those that are infected running around trying to infect others, as PVP. Seems to me it would even the playing field. Try to infect me in a fleet spawning area? Better run for your life.

then they need to give at least 100 wz coms everytime you get infected

Things that are far more annoying - scrubs who don't know how to have fun.

Actually, that should read "Scrubs who can't have fun without being ruining someone else's".

You shouldn't have to pay to opt out, hell you shouldn't even have to opt out, it should literally ask you if you want to participate.

Having to opt out is a problem

Having to PAY to opt out is an even greater problem.

Like i said it's a question of principle

Feel free to tell me again that paying 2000cr is supposed to solve the problem.

And that sums it up nicely.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

You really are trying to live up to your forum tag aren't you?

How?

If some players not taking part in an event somehow ruins that event for those who do take part, then maybe the people who designed that event should be questioned, instead of the players who'd rather do something else that week instead of run around and inflict their "fun" on random strangers.

Actually, that should read "Scrubs who can't have fun without being ruining someone else's".

You misunderstand. We assume people like to have fun and wish to participate in the Rakghoul event if they aren't vaccinated. If you don't want to get infected, get vaccinated to show that. Again, I provided you with a variety of ways to deal with that; it really isn't that difficult.