The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Post here if you didnt pre-order!

Edzew

I canceled my subscription a few days ago and am currently waiting for it to run out, the news today isn't really making me want to renew nor spend $20 for 5 more levels and two planets.

anyone else not really finding this expansion worth it??

Didn't.

Because... I don't care statues. I don't need 12x XP. And paying the same money like F2P player makes me think about unsubscribing.

Maybe I wont buy it all. Maybe I just wait 6 or more month (how long it may take) till I get it for free as a subscriber.

If BioWare kicks my butt as a subscriber I kick them back.

I have not decided what to to. But I think I wont preorder. Maybe I'll unsuscribe, maybe not.

Edited by discbox

I haven't really been feeling SWTOR for the past couple of weeks. Was hoping the announcement might rekindle my interest. Unfortunately it has had the opposite effect and pretty much killed it.

Sick and tired of my skill trees being reset every five minutes and here we go again. Complete overhaul this time. Wonderful new feature nobody asked for.

The most ominous thing to me is the whole "Empire and Republic must unite" business. That sounds to me like the new planets are only going to have one storyline. We're not even going to get separate faction stuff. Still, that's how it's been since Makeb. I think that was the last time the factions did anything different to one another.

So we've gone from the heyday when landing on a new planet offered you ten new stories (eight class quests plus two faction-based planetary questlines), to Makeb where there were only two, to the new Empire and Republic super-team-up where we're likely only getting one. There is now only really one faction. If you think I'm playing through just one story with all my alts you are much mistaken. This was supposed to be the alt-friendly game, right?

Not thrilled.

Edited by PLynkes

The most ominous thing to me is the whole "Empire and Republic must unite" business.

Not thrilled.

Have been getting that feeling too. No class stories now maybe faction stories too in future.

Oricon was dailies cannot handle if this is the same. :(

Edited by Jaxtes

Not bought it and wont be doing so.

I see no reason to pay anymore cash to these people, as paltry as the amount may be per month, for what is now a substandard product for my play style.

Adding insult to injury as usual, Musco says that the new skill tree change is sufficient content for the PVP playerbase, very similar to what was said just after launch when they said PVPers don't need new content, they just need people to kill. Wrong on both accounts. Would he of said the same to the PVE crowd if there were no new operations in the expansion? Not a chance.

Happy to sit as a preferred when the sub lapses this time. I have almost 30k CC stored up and 180mill in the bank to buy all the unlocks I need, and will just play L55 warzones, presumably the new incarnation of midbies and never increase in level. No big deal, but BW will not see another penny of mine....granted they have had their fair share to date.

The most ominous thing to me is the whole "Empire and Republic must unite" business. That sounds to me like the new planets are only going to have one storyline. We're not even going to get separate faction stuff. Still, that's how it's been since Makeb. I think that was the last time the factions did anything different to one another.

So we've gone from the heyday when landing on a new planet offered you ten new stories (eight class quests plus two faction-based planetary questlines), to Makeb where there were only two, to the new Empire and Republic super-team-up where we're likely only getting one.

Exactly what I am thinking, and exactly why I didn't pre-order, and will not buy it in the future. It's the combination of class-stories, planetary quests an faction based stories that got me to play this game. Almost everything past Corellia is a big turnoff. Yes, there are new planets, but without class based storylines, so it's just a "play it once, then leave it" thing. And this new storyline "united against a greater evil" seems a lot like "we are to lazy to do more than one storyline" cheap-trick to me. I didn't like the forged alliance storyline for exact this reason - Star Wars, for me, is about republic vs. empire, not the two joining fighting something else.

I hope they someday reconsider and do an expansion with a full load of 8 new class-based storylines (meaning more than just one mission per class), planetary quests and faction-based storylines that bring the story back to the "empire vs. republic" theme.

Haven't yet.

I would like to pre-order on principle, but ... 12X experience is not actually an incentive.

It's not horrible... and in the end, I might do it just to save the money of paying for skill upgrades. But one way or another, it will happen in time to allow for early access.

Star Wars, for me, is about republic vs. empire, not the two joining fighting something else.

I can appreciate the odd opinion of where a video game should go. Everyone is different and I can respect that. But this idea in your head that Star Wars is about Republic vs. Empire is a complete failure to grasp what Star Wars is.

I would normally go on about how Star Wars is at its core a classic hero myth retold by cinema. But that would take forever because there's a lot of it. What's important for you remember is that the Empire and the Republic are political animals who align themselves with like-minded factions sharing similar goals. These factions and goals are perfectly capable of changing and in fact do. In Legacy for instance all of this is turned over on it's head when a greater evil invades the known galaxy and it's no longer your classic Republic vs Empire. You may not enjoy the coming movies. But Bioware certainly wants to stay relevant and take a similar path in their own way and this is one way of doing that.

In Legacy for instance...

Don't know about Legacy. I stopped reading the post battle of endor EU novels after they've done the Yuuzhan Vong-BS... so, just because someone wrote some crappy books for the EU, it doesn't mean EA/BW should go the same way and do similar crappy stories.

I didn't pre-order.

I WANTED to, just for the sake of supporting the game...but the mandatory 12x xp is a deal-breaker for me. If only it were optional.

I don't lose much, since the only bonus that interested me was early access to Disciplines. (None of my characters are even close to the level cap, so early access to the content doesn't apply in my case.) But, I can wait another week.

wait a minute, few days ago? I thought you only had a few days left and canceled it weeks ago? or am I right after all and you are just hanging out becasue it gives you weird jollies to pay for acess to trash this game?

Yes some people actually enjoy paying for a game they hate so they can constantly trash it.

I don't plan on pre-ordering the xpac either. To be honest, a statue and 12xp, as a perk for subscribers, is not enough to entice me. I'm just going to wait until it becomes part of the normal subscription fee.

Enjoy waiting for ~1.5 year then