Petition to Stop Disciplines "Improvement"

xTonyStarkx

I do not believe this new system will improve the gameplay at all. It will just confuse the long time players and ruin almost every single build we currently have. While Bioware may think this is great b/c everyone will be starting over like its a new game... however it will not be great. Disciplines' will kill this game. Please post below if you are opposed to the new Disciplines system. If you like the system, that's your opinion and you are welcome to it. This post is to show Bioware that we do not want this "improvement"! This thread is not to debate whether or not the Disciplines system will be effective.

I refuse to purchase the expansion until the Discipline system is removed.

the only thing that the Discipline system is going to change is the hybrid pvp spec. People that Pve spec mostly if not full tree to do the most for pve. For pvp people take a little from this tree 3/4 of that tree which leads to OP specs. I can safely say hybrid will be a thing of the past. Say i like deception i click one button and have all the abilities from the deception tree once i hit max level. I wont be able to pick any from madness or from the tank tree. So balance boom fixed.no more op specs enjoy. BTW this is what wow did to there skill tree making you have to choose a tree and not spend any points in the other spec trees.

Edited by Neoforcer

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop with the misinformation. People left in Cata because of how hard starter dungeons were and lack of end game because of the heavy treatment vanilla azeroth got.

This discipline system is going to be good for the game.

How do you know that though? Just like like the people telling the OP that he can't say it's going to horrible before he even tries/sees it, you can't say the opposite either. Me personally, I'm reserving judgement until the Stream tomorrow, I have a feeling it's not going to be that big of a change though.

Rotations are lame to begin with. If you aren't adapting to the situation, you aren't playing as well as you can.

Well, noones saying gameplay doesn't influence the rotations. This is a given.

I just really enjoy the depth to some of the classes, i find it so much fun picking through the procs and the cooldowns to get the best dps. But then again, i use a naga. Yes i know about the whole horde of people who only have access to 1-5 number keys because they use their left hand to trigger abilities but "no, just no".

It's different man, its not the status quo. Change is bad, Change is scary, Change is evil. Nerf Change.

That's exactly what I'm reading too...I'm generally one who prefers things to stay the same...I was around back during the CU/NGE days of SWG...but everything I've seen so far about disciplines, seems like a positive change in every way. This will (likely) improve PvE and PvP for almost everyone...I can't freaking wait to hear about all the combat changes.

I think its cute they think a petition on the forums will effect change.

The expansion is set to launch in December and this change is a core component. At this point in the game, you'd have a better chance of stopping the entire expansion from launching than you would of getting this changed.

And aren't forum petitions a TOS violation anyways?

So, I'm supposed to banish a system which isn't even implemented yet... for what reason?

Because change is bad? Welcome to the dark age. On a more serious note: How about we try the system out before we make up our minds. Let's be honest here: The old skill system had a few major shortcomings. Hybrids go away, which doesn't have to be a bad thing. There were some major problems with hybrid balancing.

I think the new system is a good basic idea. We'll see how they manage it in the long run, but the idea behind it is solid and good. Yes, you will loose your hybrid spec in this. But I'm actually happy about that. Everyone who is hating a new system before trying it out because he can't be the special snowflake anymore... those people are the people you don't listen to.

I'll wait until I test the system to make up my mind. Maybe I hate it. Maybe it's perfect for me and many others. But I will do nothing even close to making up my mind before I have more information.

I do not believe this new system will improve the gameplay at all. It will just confuse the long time players and ruin almost every single build we currently have. While Bioware may think this is great b/c everyone will be starting over like its a new game... however it will not be great. Disciplines' will kill this game. Please post below if you are opposed to the new Disciplines system. If you like the system, that's your opinion and you are welcome to it. This post is to show Bioware that we do not want this "improvement"! This thread is not to debate whether or not the Disciplines system will be effective.

I refuse to purchase the expansion until the Discipline system is removed.

Any details as to your reasoning?

"It will just confuse the long time players and ruin almost every single build we currently have".

I don't find the system confusing in the slightest, it's actually far easier to understand. I don't understand what you mean by ruining builds as all of the skill trees are just present without the need to put the points into the skill myself. It's not like I had some super secret spec that was superior to everyone else, it was the exact same thing that everyone who wanted to maximize performance ran.

If you have something against the new system, I can understand that, but you certainly didn't convey that here. Perhaps if you actually communicated reasons you dislike the system with specific examples then more players could get behind your argument.

100% disagree.

I was very wary about this system when I first read about it. What I've seen so far I think might work very well. I won't say for sure whether I will like or dislike it until I've seen the finished product, but I can say that what I've seen so far has been pretty good. So I'm optimistic, but like many here don't want to say I love or hate it until I've had a chance to actually use it.

And there is a 0% chance they are going to remove this from the expansion. That absolutely is not going to happen.

It's not going to ruin "almost" every build, builds are ALL going away so it'll ruin ALL of them.

However, I don't think it's going to hurt a thing. This game needed a big change, this is it.

TBH, I do not see how the discipline system will change anything. As far PvE goes in particular, nothing will change. My main is pyro PT, the rotation has been the same since I started to play the game more than 2 years ago. PPA, which procs RS is on 6 sec CD, that did not change and will not change. As far as utility goes, some of AP and tank skills will be available to pyro via the utilities and vice versa. Same can be said about every spec.

For the OP, disciplines are not an option. Petition all you want aint gonna change a thing. The fact remains it is a complete waste of resources. No one ever had any problems with specs/trees the way they were structured before, and the issues with class balance are not a product of specs/trees. But BW like to keep re-creating the wheel instead of addressing issues (like bolster with 2.0). Considering how small the testing population and time window for testing are, balance guaranteed to be way off in 3.0, especially in PvP.

Edited by Ottoattack

TBH, I do not see how the discipline system will change anything. As far PvE goes in particular, nothing will change. My main is pyro PT, the rotation has been the same since I started to play the game more than 2 years ago. PPA, which procs RS is on 6 sec CD, that did not change and will not change. As far as utility goes, some of AP and tank skills will be available to pyro via the utilities and vice versa. Same can be said about every spec.

Maybe you're right. I haven't seen the changes for PT/VG yet so I can't comment...but my hunch is that there will need to be some rotational changes...

For the OP, disciplines are not an option. Petition all you want aint gonna change a thing. The fact remains it is a complete waste of resources. No one ever had any problems with specs/trees the way they were structured before, and the issues with class balance are not a product of specs/trees. But BW like to keep re-creating the wheel instead of addressing issues (like bolster with 2.0). Considering how small the testing population and time window for testing are, balance guaranteed to be way off in 3.0, especially in PvP.

I believe they mentioned alacrity affecting internal CDs as well, so it may change. We'll just have to wait as more information rolls out.

Good. Let's tear down the "Copy this spec or leave the Ops" mentality.

Instead, it's going to be "Use one of these three specs or leave the game entirely."

A petition isn't going to stop it. They've spent time and effort into creating this, and I doubt they'll just throw it away because a few players are afraid to try it out.

Funny how opposition to something in a game forum always ends up generating comments about the character of the people opposed to it...

Edited by Max_Killjoy

I'm a long time player. And I'm not confused. I see them removing a manual process that everyone was using anyways, with not a lot of benefit to the manual system.

As long as they keep flexibility via the utility skills relevant and involved, the game will be fine.

/notsigned.