Stuns are a little op

Candleper

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. With the CC break that has a 2 min cooldown. You're an idiot.

Honestly. You're one. If you spent your breaker.. What the hell are you doing in a stealther territory?? And if you spend your breaker and you aren't whitebarred, you're doing it wrong about 90% of the time (the 10% left being 1vs1 situation you know what CC the enemy still has under his belt.)

Honestly. You're one. If you spent your breaker.. What the hell are you doing in a stealther territory?? And if you spend your breaker and you aren't whitebarred, you're doing it wrong about 90% of the time (the 10% left being 1vs1 situation you know what CC the enemy still has under his belt.)

He was the one complaining about getting sapped for 16 seconds on his merc , ask him.

As fast as resolve decays. You can get stunned again within seconds. It's a reduced duration, but it's still a stun and an interrupt.

You can get your resolve bar capped a dozen times before CC break is off cool down again.

CC's are an over used mechanic in this game that just adds frustration.

I am not the first to quit after giving it a fair shot. Tor has gone far beyond the point where CCs add strategy. It does the opposite. Because no matter how good you are, it's not going to make your CC break cool down any faster. Or remove the stun any faster.

And the whole mercs should be with the group at all times? What about pyrotech? It is the most mobile solo capable spec merc has. Are you saying no matter the spec, a merc should not be able to go toe to toe with a stealther?

You can't take any damage while sapped, so there's really no rush in breaking out of it (unless your target is capping your node). If you're guarding a node and you get sapped, wait for it wear off, and only use your breaker if your node starts getting hacked (and even then, if you've positioned yourself correctly the stealther wont have time to cap your node before your sap wears off naturally). The stealther wants you to break his first sap so you can't break his second.

He was the one complaining about getting sapped for 16 seconds on his merc , ask him.

In a warzone, you can't wait around two minutes for your CC break to be off cool down before trying to cap just because a stealther might be there waiting to sap you for 16 seconds.

You can't take any damage while sapped, so there's really no rush in breaking out of it (unless your target is capping your node). If you're guarding a node and you get sapped, wait for it wear off, and only use your breaker if your node starts getting hacked (and even then, if you've positioned yourself correctly the stealther wont have time to cap your node before your sap wears off naturally). The stealther wants you to break his first sap so you can't break his second.

You are correct. My initial comment was when trying to cap. They can sap you for 16 seconds and wait for backup. 16 seconds is a long time to allow backup to come. They don't have to do damage, just wait.

As fast as resolve decays. You can get stunned again within seconds. It's a reduced duration, but it's still a stun and an interrupt.

You can get your resolve bar capped a dozen times before CC break is off cool down again.

CC's are an over used mechanic in this game that just adds frustration.

I am not the first to quit after giving it a fair shot. Tor has gone far beyond the point where CCs add strategy. It does the opposite. Because no matter how good you are, it's not going to make your CC break cool down any faster. Or remove the stun any faster.

And the whole mercs should be with the group at all times? What about pyrotech? It is the most mobile solo capable spec merc has. Are you saying no matter the spec, a merc should not be able to go toe to toe with a stealther?

Go ahead and keep posting videos of your pyromerc ninja capping nodes. I will give you credit everytime you beat a competent steatlther thats not a 27k hp.

You are correct. My initial comment was when trying to cap. They can sap you for 16 seconds and wait for backup. 16 seconds is a long time to allow backup to come. They don't have to do damage, just wait.

That why you let let a stealther guard a node. Strategy . Its also why a sorcerer and pt is the second node guard for hypergates with auto cannons and 2 cc breakers.

Oh btw, stuns are overpowered, CC is next to worthless in this game. The fundamental difference between what you call stuns and mezzes is that taking any damage at all makes the mezz worthless, while stuns allow you take infinite damage without being able to do anything about it. If CC wasn't as worthless as it is now the player/team would have to decide whether it's better to keep someone CC'd and fill up their resolve bar or stunlock them. As it is now there's no contesting which one is better.

Oh btw, stuns are overpowered, CC is next to worthless in this game. The fundamental difference between what you call stuns and mezzes is that taking any damage at all makes the mezz worthless, while stuns allow you take infinite damage without being able to do anything about it. If CC wasn't as worthless as it is now the player/team would have to decide whether it's better to keep someone CC'd and fill up their resolve bar or stunlock them. As it is now there's no contesting which one is better.

Mezzes are fundamental to any ranked team using hardswap combos , in many situations , disabling a healer while you do you burst someone is the best bet for challenging a strong team. Mezzes are only worthless in regs cause people break your mezz the moment you use it.

Mezzes are fundamental to any ranked team using hardswap combos , in many situations , disabling a healer while you do you burst someone is the best bet for challenging a strong team. Mezzes are only worthless in regs cause people break your mezz the moment you use it.

They're also worthless because of their cooldowns.

CC is mostly fine imo, but burst is a bit too high in comparison. A Sin/PT + Carnage Mara can 100-0 almost anything in a 4s stun window. WoW for instance has way more CC than this game, but the burst damage relative to their health pools is also a lot lower so said stuns are more forgiving.

I'd bet things would feel a lot better if the average pvp health pools shifted from ~32k to ~45k with damage staying the same. Although guard would probably have to be reworked.

CC is mostly fine imo, but burst is a bit too high in comparison. A Sin/PT + Carnage Mara can 100-0 almost anything in a 4s stun window. WoW for instance has way more CC than this game, but the burst damage relative to their health pools is also a lot lower so said stuns are more forgiving.

I'd bet things would feel a lot better if the average pvp health pools shifted from ~32k to ~45k with damage staying the same. Although guard would probably have to be reworked.

LOL taking away the ability to potentially let a Marauder in Carnage Global someone, you might as well scrap the class , that is literally the only thing we have going for us.

some classes imune to stuns, that's op in my eye, not stun it self , )

By the way, if you get zerged, then no matter that you stuned or not : )

But I see an issue in 3v4 situations - if all players can play there class, then no way to lose if you outnumbering your enemy - the game should be more skill based. (The same goes to pve - if you have numbers for a pve chalange it's mostly boring, if you don't have the numbers its simply imposible. Shouldn't be like that, player skills should count a bit more then pure math imo)

e-net, hardstuns, knockbacks, hydraulic override, stealthscan. If you're struggling with an OP you're bad.

Someone said that a merc shouldn't stray from the group into stealther territory. Which prompted my question above.

Things I think could be done to alleviate the stun fest are:

Add CC immunity buff to stun break.

Reduce stuns to 4 seconds from 8 seconds.

Each CC type applies an immunity buff. For example, if you are stunned, you gain immunity for a duration to stuns only.

Just some ideas. I believe that all classes are balanced in the CC department. But there are far too many in my opinion. It causes frustration because I think being killed while fighting is more fun than being killed while stunned.

Things I think could be done to alleviate the stun fest are:

Add CC immunity buff to stun break.

Reduce stuns to 4 seconds from 8 seconds.

Each CC type applies an immunity buff. For example, if you are stunned, you gain immunity for a duration to stuns only.

Just some ideas. I believe that all classes are balanced in the CC department. But there are far too many in my opinion. It causes frustration because I think being killed while fighting is more fun than being killed while stunned.

I concur.

Furthermore, it would be hilarious to see players actually having to hit something that can hit back.

Oh, they'll hide behind the notion that stuns are REQUIRED to stay as is for Ranked but..

• They'd be wrong
  • Who plays that anyway? Not many people.

The idea of CC is to stop something. It is not to shut someone down so completely that you win by default.

That is lazy playing and lazy coding.