Stuns are a little op

Candleper

Even in just a 4 man, you can be stunned and killed for 3/4 of your health and you can't do anything about it.

I suppose it's fun to global people and I've done it myself which comes down to a coordinated team . But it might be just a bit too op.

You can keep the stuns and everything the same, maybe just add about 10% more health to everyone.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're getting nuked that hard during a single stun then two things are happening;

1) You're most likely burning your CC break improperly and thus allowing yourself to be put into that situation.

2) Your team isn't helping you whatsoever. If it's clear the other team is trying to coordinate a focus on one target the tank should throw out an AoE taunt and guard swap to negate said focus, or at least CC one or two of them, a sorc knockback would help out as well.

Besides, when you get focused by four people you're supposed to die barring any input from your team. Only juggs can claim otherwise, or a sin with phasewalk planeted.

If you're getting nuked that hard during a single stun then two things are happening;

1) You're most likely burning your CC break improperly and thus allowing yourself to be put into that situation.

2) Your team isn't helping you whatsoever. If it's clear the other team is trying to coordinate a focus on one target the tank should throw out an AoE taunt and guard swap to negate said focus, or at least CC one or two of them, a sorc knockback would help out as well.

Besides, when you get focused by four people you're supposed to die barring any input from your team. Only juggs can claim otherwise, or a sin with phasewalk planeted.

^

10char

Yeah, blame the victim... 4 targetted stuns, aoe mezzes (some ranged), free saps, grenades - all firing in the first min. Sure... 1 cc-breaker on a 1.5-2 min timer is going to cover all of that. Swtor is mostly about cc'ing the other team first, keep the tank and healer cc'd and stun+focus fire a weak dps. Most classes/players have a follow-cc if you blow your breaker while being focused.

Yeah, blame the victim... 4 targetted stuns, aoe mezzes (some ranged), free saps, grenades - all firing in the first min. Sure... 1 cc-breaker on a 1.5-2 min timer is going to cover all of that. Swtor is mostly about cc'ing the other team first, keep the tank and healer cc'd and stun+focus fire a weak dps. Most classes/players have a follow-cc if you blow your breaker while being focused.

4v1 you're not going to survive regardless without a tank/healer around so why does it matter? CC's are an important part of the meta game for ranked.

4v1 you're not going to survive regardless without a tank/healer around so why does it matter? CC's are an important part of the meta game for ranked.

CCs can quickly/effectively turn a 4v4 into a 4v1 for a few seconds. That was my only point.

Of course ccs are part of the meta - because they make such a big difference most of the people that breath this game can't imagine one with far less.

Edited by Savej

CCs can quickly/effectively turn a 4v4 into a 4v1 for a few seconds. That was my only point.

Of course ccs are part of the meta - because they make such a big difference most of the people that breath this game can't imagine one with far less.

And vice versa. If you let that happen it's your own fault.

And vice versa. If you let that happen it's your own fault.

Yes, it's your own fault, but nevertheless does to the current TTK not match the amount of hard CC that can be thrown out by everyone and how stuns are designed in SWTOR the counterplay posibilities are very limited unless you counter CC with even more CC. Low counterplay posibilities are the biggest issue here. Just because everybody can CC everyone, doesnt make it a good CC system, even if it might be "balanced".

Healing and tanking is incredibly powerful in this game. Now picture a tank that you cant stop from guard swapping or a freecasting healer....CC's are fine. The only thing that needs to change is resolve needs to go back to how it functioned at launch.

• 3 weeks later...

A stealther can stun someone for 16 seconds. If I go to a turret guarded by a single stealther he gets a 16 second head start waiting for help to arrive. 16 SECONDS! ***.

Sentinels have perma snare. Snares, roots, and interrupts don't add to resolve. I play a merc, the least mobile class in the game. I quit this game before because of the stun fest. I come back and its worse now.

Anyone who says "L2P" when someone complains about stuns is either a troll or an idiot. Im pretty sure being really good isn't going to break that 8 second stun before the operative kills you in 6 seconds. Skill doesn't break stuns.

There is no immunity buff after popping your stun break...........................................................................?

I love popping my stun break only to be stunned for 8 seconds right after.

My sub is up soon. If the stun fest doesn't disappear by then. I quitting, again. And this time I'm deleting my characters and uninstalling and burning my game discs.

Argue all you wish, but the point must be made that it is a horrible business move to cater to the very very small minority.

Undoubtedly Bioware is well aware of this fact.

Anyway, I am indifferent on stuns. Roots and slows on the other hand....

Argue all you wish, but the point must be made that it is a horrible business move to cater to the very very small minority.

Doesn't matter who they cater to.....4v1 is 4v1. Stunned or not, you're going to get globaled. People who complain about that stuff just want to survive anything and kill 5 people at once and don't understand how teamwork works.

I wonder why , maybe its because ,3 second immunity every 15 seconds , get an extra 3 seconds every minute. Get CC 'd pop Enraged defense

A stealther can stun someone for 16 seconds. If I go to a turret guarded by a single stealther he gets a 16 second head start waiting for help to arrive. 16 SECONDS! ***.

Sentinels have perma snare. Snares, roots, and interrupts don't add to resolve. I play a merc, the least mobile class in the game. I quit this game before because of the stun fest. I come back and its worse now.

Anyone who says "L2P" when someone complains about stuns is either a troll or an idiot. Im pretty sure being really good isn't going to break that 8 second stun before the operative kills you in 6 seconds. Skill doesn't break stuns.

There is no immunity buff after popping your stun break...........................................................................?

I love popping my stun break only to be stunned for 8 seconds right after.

My sub is up soon. If the stun fest doesn't disappear by then. I quitting, again. And this time I'm deleting my characters and uninstalling and burning my game discs.

Runs a merc in PVP , doesnt understand how to use stealth scan or hydrualic overrides.

Runs a merc in PVP , doesnt understand how to use stealth scan or hydrualic overrides.

So I guess good players can guess, the first time, where in a large area to place their small stealth scan? And hydraulic overrides is 30 second CD that lasts 6 seconds.

So I guess good players can guess, the first time, where in a large area to place their small stealth scan? And hydraulic overrides is 30 second CD that lasts 6 seconds.

You were complaining about getting sapped for 16 seconds , most of the time the only way you put yourself in that situstion is when capping a node, so yes try guess where he will approach after he saps you for the first time.

Arsenal has longer duration, if you happen to be a healer , find a team that knows how to peel for you.

You were complaining about getting sapped for 16 seconds , most of the time the only way you put yourself in that situstion is when capping a node, so yes try guess where he will approach after he saps you for the first time.

Arsenal has longer duration, if you happen to be a healer , find a team that knows how to peel for you.

They can sap you again right as the first one wears off. So you are stunned continuously. No chance to do anything. And if I do pop stun break. They can immediately sap again because there is no immunity.

They can sap you again right as the first one wears off. So you are stunned continuously. No chance to do anything. And if I do pop stun break. They can immediately sap again because there is no immunity.

2 saps completely fills your resolve bar, so if he saps you for 6 seconds and resaps you , you have cc imunity , L2 P.

By the way you are a merc , you should fight where your team is at , if you are caught out in the open and gets screwed around by a stealther its your fault.

Edited by Kenjigreat

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.