Stopped playing in March, sub runs out in August, losing hope of more content..

Red_rocks

Hi there,

My guild raided 2 nights a week for 2.5 hours at a time so we progressed fairly slowly.

We had lots of clickers, people with subpar attention spans, subpar internet connnections and people who simply wouldn't work on their dps/rotations outside of raids to get better. As a result, nightmare was pretty much a non-starter for us, but I like my guild a lot, I like the people and when we did win the harder fights we felt really good about ourselves.

By march we had completed 8 man and 16man HM DP and 4/5 16man HM DF and 5/5 8man HM DF. We had suddenly caught up (almost, brontes 16man hm was proving very difficult) which for us at our usual slow pace was pretty astonishing. For me as part of the heal team, finishing 16man council was very satisfying, that final part was crazy!

Nightmare came along and those that didn't quit, bashed their heads against Draxus for week after week and eventually drifted off to other games. Now they struggle to field an 8man ops. Unable to complete much at all in nightmare, we have all desperately been waiting/hoping for a new set of sm/hm raids soon but I'm losing hope.

I feel like this is a story that will be very common among those who love to raid but for whatever reason cant raid on the bleeding edge. They may not be keen to tell this story for fear of being called noobs/bads etc but this is a plea to you BioWare.. PLEASE GIVE US A REASON TO DITCH THESE OTHER NEW BORING MMOS and come back to the game we love so much.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ignoring the skill of whatever your comps had and why it seems like your guild recruitment is awful, the reason why this game lacks content in general is due to this game trying to appeal to the casuals and Cartel Market locusts. EAware knows that with the Star Wars IP and focus on cosmetics they're more than able to surpass the funding able to maintain this game AND keep racking in more dough. It's a win/win. Casuals and cartel market players get what they want, EAware devs and execs make profits every quarter.

We know SWTOR highly lacks anything qualitative and has been going through a content drought for some time which has been speculated to end with the release of guild ships and strongholds, but honestly just how sandbox-y will it be if at all? Many people already know that it'll be the same generic skyline with the same generic cosmetics because that's what the devs love to do: reskin. Even since the beginning of the game, albeit small, remember leveling through planets and seeing the same corridors, building foundations, hallways, etc? It's way easier, much faster, cost-effective, and the general MMO'er criticism won't be loud enough and there won't be enough of it for anyone else to care.

You can expect this to be the norm throughout SWTOR's lifetime also due to the fact that the devs are trying to cater to MANY different play styles, but even they have their preferred playerbase (the PvE'ers).

Edited by Blind-Defender

the reason why this game lacks content in general is due to this game trying to appeal to the casuals and Cartel Market locusts.

No, not really. They have infact recycled content to make it harder the latest patches, HM and NiM are nothing else then already launched content made harder.

No, not really. They have infact recycled content to make it harder the latest patches, HM and NiM are nothing else then already launched content made harder.

Honestly you raised another point but in no way is it a main reason. Okay, I DON'T mean it like that, but you do raise I point which I believe I even touched on. EAware LOVES to recycle things (I believe I said they "love to reskin" or something along those lines). Recycling is another major issue stemming from development and I'm not sure what's going on at the company that they feel this even needs to happen to content. CONTENT out of all things. It's bad for cosmetics in general, but when it hits content that's where it REALLY becomes a problem.

Hi there,

My guild raided 2 nights a week for 2.5 hours at a time so we progressed fairly slowly.

We had lots of clickers, people with subpar attention spans, subpar internet connnections and people who simply wouldn't work on their dps/rotations outside of raids to get better. As a result, nightmare was pretty much a non-starter for us, but I like my guild a lot, I like the people and when we did win the harder fights we felt really good about ourselves.

By march we had completed 8 man and 16man HM DP and 4/5 16man HM DF and 5/5 8man HM DF. We had suddenly caught up (almost, brontes 16man hm was proving very difficult) which for us at our usual slow pace was pretty astonishing. For me as part of the heal team, finishing 16man council was very satisfying, that final part was crazy!

Nightmare came along and those that didn't quit, bashed their heads against Draxus for week after week and eventually drifted off to other games. Now they struggle to field an 8man ops. Unable to complete much at all in nightmare, we have all desperately been waiting/hoping for a new set of sm/hm raids soon but I'm losing hope.

I feel like this is a story that will be very common among those who love to raid but for whatever reason cant raid on the bleeding edge. They may not be keen to tell this story for fear of being called noobs/bads etc but this is a plea to you BioWare.. PLEASE GIVE US A REASON TO DITCH THESE OTHER NEW BORING MMOS and come back to the game we love so much.

agreed, i wonder how man subbers already left due to that fat lack of playable content. but hey soon u can decorate ur house and stand in it...four hours and hours....

This is true of every competent software developer ever. On a broader scale, it's called "not reinventing the wheel."

Can you provide facts to back up this post that reeks hyperbole? :rolleyes:

This discussion does not even pertain to other developers and what they're doing, but maybe somewhat, due to the fact that SWTOR is losing players to other games as well, so please go on because I've played games that flow much better in terms of content update cadences and originality.

Don't feel bad. I'm in a nightmare capable guild and I'm still bored to tears. This game forces me to take huge breaks 6 months+ Where as if they just came out with stuff to do at 55 I wouldn't leave. i.e. not putzing around an apartment.

In the past 18 months we've seen:

1) Makeb

2) Oricon + DF + DP

3) New Huttball

I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple. (S & V?).

As the poster above me said, if you're not having fun, play something else.

4) Galactic Star Fighter

5) Kuat, Korriban, and Tython tactical fps

6) CZ-198

Can you provide facts to back up this post that reeks hyperbole? :rolleyes:

Fact: companies in every industry repurpose and reuse existing resources before procuring new ones. It's pretty obvious if you've ever had an actual job before.

The truth is I think you're expecting a bit much but this is fairly normal among gamers. This MMO isn't any more or less 'casual' than the bulk of others out there - and I've played almost all of the notable ones - though there are a few with more 'hardcore' elements. That said, catering to 'hardcore' gamers creates a niche product which an MMO cannot afford to be, especially one that is F2P.

I want content! But if it's not content I like then it doesn't count.

Am I right?

To an extent, you're right. Content needs to appeal to the masses on a regular basis or you'll lose the masses attention. We've had nothing more than casually appealing content for nearly a year now.

• GSF is a niche that failed to please PvPers or PvEers who wanted space combat

• Tactical FPs lacked any challenge or loot of worth

• KDY was a good attempt, but again, lacked challenge and reward

• NiM modes of year old content are niche at best

• One crappy Huttball map

So while you wanna mock people and pretend that this drought of content isn't real, server populations are proving that it is.

To an extent, you're right. Content needs to appeal to the masses on a regular basis or you'll lose the masses attention. We've had nothing more than casually appealing content for nearly a year now.

So while you wanna mock people and pretend that this drought of content isn't real, server populations are proving that it is.

QFT.

Only a very small fraction of the population plays GSF. I was one of them, but it's boring now.

The tactical flashpoints are a step backwards. I want new raids and a new story arc that spans a couple of planets.

I've been in DF and DP so many times I just don't care about the NiM modes.

I don't PVP but *shakes head* as little attention as the PVPrs have received I can't believe there are any left.

I'm bored with TOR and haven't logged in in a month. I'm letting my sub end this month. I just scan general chat every few days until then. I'm playing Wildstar now and if it doesn't work out, well, I haven't played any single player PC games since Mass Effect 3, so there are a lot of other things I can buy on Steam for cheap that'll keep me busy for a long time.

Edited by Bull_Five_Golf

This is true of every competent software developer ever. On a broader scale, it's called "not reinventing the wheel."

Indeed. I have not played one game, let alone an MMO, that did not recycle/reskin content in some form or another. Those who cannot see that this is (and has been for decades) the SOP in the gaming industry is delusional. They need to get over it or find a new hobby to enjoy.

So-called casuals are the broadest segment of the player base, though. You're also forgetting that there are other MMOs out recently and that spring/summer is taking hold. Quite frankly, I don't give a damn what kind of content it is or it's quality; content is content. Claiming it doesn't exist when it, in fact, does seems to be some kind of disconnect from reality. Now, complaining about the type of content or it's quality, that's probably justified.

It's very normal for a year to pass between major content updates with minor content in between. My evidence is purely anecdotal for the moment but I'm positive I could dig up facts if I bothered to look at old patch notes of LotRO, STO, or virtually any other MMO. There is only so much content a developer is capable of producing to begin with, and second the pace is bound to slow down over time to space out content.

...and that spring/summer is taking hold. ...

I love when people throw that out like it means anything. You'll probably be the same guy telling us this fall that "school is back in session, obviously pops are down". Always an excuse.

I love when people throw that out like it means anything. You'll probably be the same guy telling us this fall that "school is back in session, obviously pops are down". Always an excuse.

Honestly TUXs, I can't recall anyone ever using that as an excuse in any MMO I've played.

The Summer one however, I've seen plenty of times.

If you're holding out for a new raid by August, yes, you'll be disappointed. I believe the next major content expansion that doesn't involve Home Makeover: SWTOR Edition! will be around the holidays. I'm hoping that after they get Strongholds, the guild ships, guilds battling for planets, etc out, they'll focus on increasing the rate at which they produce more traditional content for a while. They spent a long time on GSF, which I couldn't care less about because it's PvP, and Strongholds... well, we'll see if there's more to it than just decorating.