Stopped playing in March, sub runs out in August, losing hope of more content..

Red_rocks

Ohh Pokket - you're going to have the SWTOR community loving you in no time.

Something's wrong here - you'll have to say something that will really piss us off first!

Don't bet on it.

Once her new wears off, they'll throw just as much bile at her as they do everyone else.

In fact, I stopped reading the thread at this post so it may have already happened between this post and my reply.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't bet on it.

Once her new wears off, they'll throw just as much bile at her as they do everyone else.

In fact, I stopped reading the thread at this post so it may have already happened between this post and my reply.

When has someone spewed Bile at Tait?

Don't bet on it.

No, I do not think someone will treat her bad here. She is only the medium of information, hardly the decisionmaker.

The term "dont shoot the messenger" is something most of us live by.

Anyway, if we start to see her presence here on the forum doing her job then I am sure the community will be alot more friendlier. Many of the bad posts are simply frustration of lack of information

Edited by Icestar

Don't bet on it.

I'm not sure what forum you came from, but you surely aren't speaking about people here.

Eric, Tait, Courtney and Pokket have nothing to fear. They speak for the company - that's all they can do and all anyone here should expect of them. They can't make design choices or set the pricing for CM items...they are simply the medium between us (the customers) and the management. Only ignorant people would hold them accountable for more...and HERE, on this forum, those ignorant people would quickly be told how wrong they are.

Despite what you profess to believe, this is a helluva good community and one that has demonstrated their understanding time and time again.

Heeyy, just wanted to let y'all know that we are aware of these concerns and, while I can't spill the beans on info just yet, I can say that you should keep an eye out in the next few weeks for some juicy details! :jawa_biggrin:

Toodles~

Hillary

Dearest Hillary,

Today I have a honey pecan scone and a Croque Monsieur I would gladly share with you, today, if you share more with us what is to come, today.

/bats eyelashes

Surely you see the wisdom in this trade.

Don't bet on it.

That's one of the reasons I'm somewhat sad that she's been forced into this position. (Well, as in mediating between greedy managers and upset customers; I'm pretty sure she took the job itself voluntarily.) It's hardly her fault that the company is so tight-lipped about everything and I'm not even sure that she had even been told the information we want to know, in order to prevent premature spilling of any secrets. It's strictly need-to-know at Bioware, it would seem.

I don't think the community holds any of the community moderators responsible for anything, but while it's not hostile as a whole, it is not a grateful bunch either. As this is the one and only avenue for it, anger and frustration will be vented here and some of it will be aimed at the people who tells us the news or the lack thereof.

At any rate, might we know at least when 2.9 is going on the PTS? Strongholds (the housing part of it anyways) was supposed to launch in June, so it's baffling why information regarding it is so tightly guarded. Hype aside, patches need to be tested and screened for bugs and I'm getting concerned that there will not be enough time to properly test 2.9 before it is launched.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

I'm confident she willingly applied for the job and accepted it without coercion.

Well, unless she is being held captive by the same elite EA forces that have a blaster to my head forcing me to play SWtOR. Of course I think they are out of bullets, since I didn't get the upgraded MT pack with extra clips, so I might have a chance to escape this time.

Well, unless she is being held captive by the same elite EA forces that have a blaster to my head forcing me to play SWtOR. Of course I think they are out of bullets, since I didn't get the upgraded MT pack with extra clips, so I might have a chance to escape this time.

No reply I could type would be worthy of the praise you deserve for nailing this one so well lol. Well done :D

You cannot escape your Overlords... None of us can.... :(

We've got these amazing, fantastic, unbelievably exciting things planned that will totally blow your minds...

...we just cant tell you anything about it.

QFT, I"m dead sick of this crap. I've been subbed since launch and I've played this game like a mad man, but I'm bored right now and I've never been bored in this game. I log on and I'm like, there's nothing worth buying, I've beat everything worth beating and played every storyline on both sides. I have 11 55's now and millions of credits.

I've been spending about 2 million credits a week for years now and I played in order to have more money to spend but I'm actually gaining a huge surplus and running out of reasons to do dailies. At least start dropping clues daily, like a game to get us excited but don't just say we have stuff but wait weeks.

There's nothing wrong with the game being OVER for you. It's Okay. I fully expect that to happen some day when I have exhausted all that interests me. That point isn't the same for me as it is for you, and that's Okay, too. Some of you have already come to that point, and you're having a hard time with it. Perhaps that's because you really don't want to leave. After all, look at what you have invested in the game: Countless hours in which you have learned a great deal of knowledge. You understand the stats, know how to level, PvP, FP, and craft. You've maxed out your characters, accumulated wealth in credits. You know the different nuances to points in skill trees. You can game the market. You've memorized the planet quests, having done them so many times, and yet....despite all that effort, here you are with nothing much left to do but repeat stuff you've already done, lamenting the poor knowledge of so many players when they group and don't know how to perfectly play their roles.

The reaction of many of you to this state of affairs is to proclaim that UNLESS Bioware comes up with NEW CONTENT to rekindle your interest, then by God you are LEAVING, so TAKE THAT, Bioware! This is not a rage quit; it's just like the OP. We hear it over and over again. I'm not here to say "Good riddance," but to explain reality here.

Now here is a truism that you're going to have to come to grips with. Bioware is NEVER EVER going to furnish you with sufficient content. It's not going to happen. They'll be SOME new content, but whatever they do it is absolutely guaranteed to please few and frustrate many because you ALL have different interests that, if you perceive are ignored by Bioware, will simply anger you.

But do you seriously expect Bioware to entertain you with SWTOR for the rest of your life? Do you seriously expect the investors in Bioware/CA to spend another billion dollars to construct content from 56-110 with all new story lines and all new content tweaked just how you like it so you can burn through it in less than six months? Some of you are very, very fast at burning through content. Maybe that's because you are excessively obsessed, excessively intelligent, or don't have anything else to do. Who knows? That's not really the issue. The point is that Bioware can't keep up with you. Nor should they even try. What Bioware SHOULD do is recruit a new generation of players to cycle through the story and stop even trying to bow to the Level 55 players.

Realistically speaking, the game is already before you. It's done. Oh, they may add a planet or two. They may tweak something already existing more to your liking. They may add some quests and give you a few (a very few) new things to explore, but that's in the realm of rounding out the game, perhaps making it a little deeper, but it's not going to fundamentally change.

Now you can rail against Bioware and blame them for not conceding to your "needs," but it's like being angry at an author because his book has an ending and he doesn't care to write a sequel. Those who do are under constant pressure to write another installment. Indeed, sometimes an author has to die before fans will concede defeat, and even then pore over the last few pages of handwritten manuscripts for that last bit of "content" they so desperately crave. (Patrick O'Brian's "#21" is precisely this, a posthumous publication in his handwriting, only a few pages into the new book where Jack Aubrey finally makes Admiral.)

So have the maturity to realize that it is not Bioware's fault that you have reached an end, nor Bioware's responsibility to keep you entertained any more than you already have been. If you really have reached your end, have the grace to recognize that, then go ahead and leave for a new adventure. Bon voyage. It's going to be fun for you.

Awesome post. Well written and good points.

I am also still enjoying the game, despite being here since early access and playing on average almost 6 hours/day, since launch.

On the topic of summer slumps: My guild certainly has one. Last summer we didn't do progression ops for more than a month, because people were on vacation. Tonight is going to be our last planned progression ops until August for the same reason.

Edited by Sinopa

We've got these amazing, fantastic, unbelievably exciting things planned that will totally blow your minds...

...we just cant tell you anything about it.

The EA motto that, unfortunately, anyone who played DAOC (post take over) and Warhammer knows all too well.

However, I will say this game has had a lot of content come out since last fall. But the problem is most of it has failed to hold a majority of people's attention. GSF has a niche and is nice but for what it brought it wasn't really worth the time it took from other content I think. And I'm looking forward to GSH but at this point with it being 2.9 patch and 3.0 probably being the next Ops some time this fall it would have been better to switch those patches with each other. Because having an entire year used for GSF and GSH as the "major" content additions might not hold a lot of people's attentions.

Edited by Keypek

I'm not sure what forum you came from, but you surely aren't speaking about people here.

Eric, Tait, Courtney and Pokket have nothing to fear. They speak for the company - that's all they can do and all anyone here should expect of them. They can't make design choices or set the pricing for CM items...they are simply the medium between us (the customers) and the management. Only ignorant people would hold them accountable for more...and HERE, on this forum, those ignorant people would quickly be told how wrong they are.

Despite what you profess to believe, this is a helluva good community and one that has demonstrated their understanding time and time again.

Yeah, i don't think I've ever seen anyone (well, anyone that I take seriously) complain about them. They might complain about the company(s) but never about the forum mods.

Heeyy, just wanted to let y'all know that we are aware of these concerns and, while I can't spill the beans on info just yet, I can say that you should keep an eye out in the next few weeks for some juicy details! :jawa_biggrin:

Toodles~

Hillary

weeks ? u lose subbers every day.....i suggest hurrying up ?

who is planning htat strategic dirction ? its a fat mistake to do nothing then pimping old ops by new gf and a "cool" summerpass as only measures during summer so far, while tripple a titles like wildstar and eso are released....

let me guess, for the launch of the new wow addon u got something special to hold ur subbers:

a double exp month and and the 20th return of the gree ?

Awesome post. Well written and good points.

no good post. its ok that everyone got a diffrent "quit" point, but this point is already reached for a lot of ppl. they just leave, and last time as everyone said "oh ok, so leave dude!" game went f2p...

eaware made a load of money with cm, bout 140 million dollars (without subbers), thats enuf to develop that game again, and now pls compare the amount of content and story content at release in vanilla and the content we got since release.....look at makeb, even nar shadaa bonus series got more story content than makeb....

they could do much more entertaining and content, but ea milks this game to death

and i wont believe that new ea ceo until something for swtor really changes.

ofc they do release content, but they make wrong decisions, they focussed on a minigame and housing, both quiet cool, but not so cool if the biggest part of the playerbase have to play 10 month the same content ops....

there would be no real problem to release every 4-5 month a new op in story, hardmode AND NiM mode. adding nim mode to existing ops is no real new content....

the next false decision is doing nothing, when games like eso, wildstar, ros and soon wod are released...do the really think the ppl stay in 10 month old content, just because its star wars ? some stay because of this oke, but they lose so many subbers....30% of my guild stopped playing...

I'd rather get some news regarding upcoming expansion rather than housing. Seriously, what can be so exciting about housing...? This is just another cartel market update after costumization.

Maybe they'll reveal that there are DOORS in the house?! How cool would that be?!

I hope we hear about 3.0...housing isn't exactly "exciting" to me...I'm glad it's coming and I think it'll be a success, but it's not the type of group content we need atm.

I'd rather get some news regarding upcoming expansion rather than housing. Seriously, what can be so exciting about housing...? This is just another cartel market update after costumization.

Maybe they'll add doors and we can have new, Mass Effect style sex scenes?!?

THAT would blow everyones mind. Really.