Very hard strike from WildStar.

helpmewin

Yeah yeah.

So explain me why wildstar has more PvP servers than PvE ones and they are all full population.

For the same reason that when swtor first launch all the servers were full, because it's a new game. It's not rocket science you know. Give it a few months and we will see if wildstar can keep those servers full. I'm willing to bet wildstar will go f2p like every other mmorpg.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESO is just another fantasy mmo (market really needed that) & Wildstar just looks like some bootleg poormans swtor, so yeah they will be back

I understand that you're a SW "homer" ("fan boy?"), but WS isn't anywhere near SWTOR in concept, design/graphics, features, or any other remotely meaningful way. they're both sci-fi MMORPGs. that's literally the only similarity. nothing wrong with preferring the SWTOR aesthetic. for the most part, so do I, but WS aesthetic doesn't look like it has anything at all in common with SWTOR, nor that it ever inteded to. :rolleyes:

I've played here since Beta. And sadly, I too have gone to Wildstar. I love Star Wars. Had a Star Wars wedding. But my issue is no Open World PvP and lack of Pvp content. Not to mention I think the armor in this game for Jedi's is a crying shame. All topics at which I have posted about too many times to count.

Hate Wildstar all you want, but it's fun. And it launched with content. And any MMO that has PvP is going to have a "toxic" forum. Its just how it works out. I like the artistic style the game uses. Reminds me very much of FireFly.

They were desirable. Though bioware shouldn't have taken 8v8 out at its cost so all the bads that needed to be carried, could still be carried in 8v8s.(Even back then though, there were like what, 3 - 4 teams per server?)

Also no, I have been playing this game since launch. 20 lvl 55s.

They were desirable, but get it through your head that only a MINORITY asked for them. You would have a few posts here and there about the implementation of arenas, but rarely did they ever receive traction because most players wanted more expansive, collaborative, and skilled PvP, and they certainly never asked for the removal of ranked 8s for arenas. Plus there was even a HATE thread about arenas that listed MANY astute points on how flawed the 4s meta would be in this game.

Moreover, anyone who did ranked 8s were not bad. Ranked 8s objectively takes more skill than 4s, and on the bright side the meta is easier to balance, fix, and improve.

One of the main reasons the ranked 8s community was small was because of how cliquey it was. I'm pretty sure Pistols summed up some other points earlier in this thread or in another but there's no reason to beat a dead horse on this topic.

However, if you're going to be ignorant of the facts then more power to you.

In addition, just to shed some enlightenment on the popularity of ranked 8s vs. ranked 4s, the community for the 8s meta was much larger than the 4s. Team ranked 4s is dead and since Wildstar was the nail in the coffin for any serious PvP in this game it's getting hard for even solo ranked on basically every server to pop consistently.

Edited by TORtanked

Wildstar was the nail in the coffin for any serious PvP in this game it's getting hard for even solo ranked on basically every server to pop consistently.

lol. just how long do you think these "pro PVPers" will stay in botstar? PVP in WS is so broken its not even funny.

There are so many people who are fooling themselves. People always use this argument that people will be back. Yes there will be people back, but it will never be ALL. Even if 50% came back the population still lost players. Now if you include all the past games before WS how many people do you think left the game. This argument that people always comes back is so fool of false hope. You never get the same amount back and even if you got 90% of people back you are still losing population to these games.

There are so many people who are fooling themselves. People always use this argument that people will be back. Yes there will be people back, but it will never be ALL. Even if 50% came back the population still lost players. Now if you include all the past games before WS how many people do you think left the game. This argument that people always comes back is so fool of false hope. You never get the same amount back and even if you got 90% of people back you are still losing population to these games.

this is correct and no matter how good or bad wildstar is, it is an objective fact that some of the core figure of what was the pvp community in this game left quite a while a go, and each day there are less.

The main issue is actually not wildstar or anything, it is this game, which in all fairness is a good game, but i does not offer any serious perspective for competitive pvp anymore. And with each player that leaves it gets worse, and yes those people dont care whether it is star wars. star wars is a great franchise and they did a lot of stuff really good in this game, but that alone doesnt keep a pvp minded person forever, if there is no competitive scene and no chance to play the game modes he/she likes.

WS maybe be cartonish (actually if pay attention closely, guess what this game is well), the bot and gear issue is annoying as hell, but there still is the perspective of good pvp and a competitive scene. If wildstar ultimiately fails, these people will no come back here, they mentally have given up on this game quite a while ago actually and just played it to pass the time.

its you who are fooling yourself. TOR is no dif than any other MMO... people come and people go. some leave to play new MMO's when they launch. some comeback, some don't. that is true for WOW, TOR, STO, TSW, GW2, Terra, Aion and every other MMO.

the idea that a game will fail or PVP will die because a relatively small number of "elite PVPers" leave is just nonsense. all those same people can leave wildstar, but there will still be PVP in that game and WS will not fail because its PVP doesn't live up to some unreal standards set by some self proclaimed PVP gods( who havnt found a single MMO that does ).

its you who are fooling yourself. TOR is no dif than any other MMO... people come and people go. some leave to play new MMO's when they launch. some comeback, some don't. that is true for WOW, TOR, STO, TSW, GW2, Terra, Aion and every other MMO.

the idea that a game will fail or PVP will die because a relatively small number of "elite PVPers" leave is just nonsense. all those same people can leave wildstar, but there will still be PVP in that game and WS will not fail because its PVP doesn't live up to some unreal standards set by some self proclaimed PVP gods( who havnt found a single MMO that does ).

There's no denying that the population has declined compared to this time last year.

More importantly, it would have been interesting to see the sub:F2P ratio for this year compared to previous year. I believe that this ratio is the real game killer and my prediction is that people will have a hard time finding players to run "sub content" with within a year. Might look ok from a fleet population POV but when the majority are F2P it's a pointless number.

On another note, it doesnt take that many to keep the queues alive so queue times are somewhat decieving. Look at who's in those game instead and you'll discover that you're pretty much playing with a player pool of 20 - and their alts - in every game. That is not a good sign.

Edited by MidichIorian

There's no denying that the population has declined compared to this time last year.

More importantly, it would have been interesting to see the sub:F2P ratio for this year compared to previous year. I believe that this ratio is the real game killer and my prediction is that people will have a hard time finding players to run "sub content" with within a year. Might look ok from a fleet population POV but when the majority are F2P it's a pointless number.

On another note, it doesnt take that many to keep the queues alive so queue times are somewhat decieving. Look at who's in those game instead and you'll discover that you're pretty much playing with a player pool of 20 - and their alts - in every game. That is not a good sign.

people made the same predictions last year also. heck, many were making similar predictions 3 months after launch. some people also predicted the world was going to end in 2012, yet here we all are...

people made the same predictions last year also. heck, many were making similar predictions 3 months after launch. some people also predicted the world was going to end in 2012, yet here we all are...
I've always argued that there's a difference between those other MMO'es and WS. I don't think WS will affect the PvE pool much, or atleast not more than ESO etc, but for PvP in this game, specifically, I'm worried. It has been estiblished that many of the HC PvP'ers left for WS and those are the ones who stuck with it even when BW decided to delete 8 vs 8 ranked. The queues here will still pop but what kind of games will it be when even more of the good people are gone? You'll have absolutely no one decent to queue and play with so eventually you'll quit too despite that you actually like the game. Warzones are simply too stupid when you're seemingly the only one with an IQ above 60.

How am I fooling myself? I did not state any false statements. It is the truth. Yes every other MMO is similar, but what makes a game succeed is that even if they LOSE 100 players they are able to get NEW 100 players to take there place not wait for half the players to comeback from the ones that they just lost. If you don't think the game is dead or dying then you are truly blind. Your statement proves my point regardless. People leave and not everyone comes back therefore YOU WILL NOT HAVE AS MUCH POPULATION as before. Therefore this means the population is bleeding, which means the game is dying or already dead. Even if it's a small number of pvper's who left all the people who left will STILL ADD UP. Please come back when you actually have a real argument not some half assed BS you throw out because you don't want to believe the truth. Nobody is telling you to leave and if you like the game so be it.

So what? The game is dead or dying it's the truth. Just because you are here doesn't mean the game is alive and kicking. You can get over yourself now. :rolleyes: I'll give you the world ending thing I guess. LOL If you really think that this game is just as popular as it was last year or even last month I don't know what to tell you.

I've always argued that there's a difference between those other MMO'es and WS. I don't think WS will affect the PvE pool much, or atleast not more than ESO etc, but for PvP in this game, specifically, I'm worried. It has been estiblished that many of the HC PvP'ers left for WS and those are the ones who stuck with it even when BW decided to delete 8 vs 8 ranked. The queues here will still pop but what kind of games will it be when even more of the good people are gone? You'll have absolutely no one decent to queue and play with so eventually you'll quit too despite that you actually like the game. Warzones are simply too stupid when you're seemingly the only one with an IQ above 60.

you are assuming that WS is the be all end all PVP MMO that those people have been waiting for. there is nothing special about WS's PVP. WS's devs don't/wont pay any more attention to PVP than BW or blizzard devs do. right now PVP in WS is a mess with lots of the same problems that were brought up 4 months ago in beta. plus all the botters and new bugs/exploits that have popped up after launch.

so don't worry, the sky isn't going to fall.

How am I fooling myself? I did not state any false statements. It is the truth. Yes every other MMO is similar, but what makes a game succeed is that even if they LOSE 100 players they are able to get NEW 100 players to take there place not wait for half the players to comeback from the ones that they just lost. If you don't think the game is dead or dying then you are truly blind. Your statement proves my point regardless. People leave and not everyone comes back therefore YOU WILL NOT HAVE AS MUCH POPULATION as before. Therefore this means the population is bleeding, which means the game is dying or already dead. Even if it's a small number of pvper's who left all the people who left will STILL ADD UP. Please come back when you actually have a real argument not some half assed BS you throw out because you don't want to believe the truth. Nobody is telling you to leave and if you like the game so be it.

as I said, people come and people go... that is how MMO's are. you are fooling yourself into thinking that no new players come to TOR.

im sure you will be telling us all the game is dying next year too, just like the people who said it was dying last year. ive never played any MMO that didn't have fortune tellers on their forums predicting the end of the game. but those games are still around, just like this one is and will be.

I'm just gonna leave these numbers here (I do realize we're only part way through the current season, but still.)

# of people who participated in group ranked S1 - 16600, S2 (so far) - 5880

# of people for solo ranked S1 - 29548, S2 - 21783

If the downward trend in those numbers (especially group) doesn't concern you, I don't know what to tell you.

what is the point of this thread tbh?

Beats me, people qq from left and right, barely read most of the post / comments that fly past here. and pls people dont get to serous here, these are "yours" opinions and not facts. remember that. There are a lot of reason people going Wildstar and Reason for the state of pvp in swtor, i laugh every time people say swtor is "dyeing"? and Wildstar will fail?. i could start make a bok here but, nah. dont have time for it. il end it that there will always be people that will come back, question is how many and how many will not and how much does actually Wildstar Affect the pvp side this year is hard to pin down. might be the case that some people see the differences and some dosen't' i only see opinions not facts here.

I see frustrations (Doomsday, dark times bla bla), I see people are scared (for the game they love). Its understandable. Wait out after summer and check out for collateral dmg. might be less players dosent meen u can play right now yes? does who are playing make the best out of the situation that happens right now.

Why waste your time on concern and frustration here. BW fully knows whats going on or what is already happening ( i think) all do i know there are some that feels like they need to discuss this its a endless Topic war.

Hope my post make sense as i'm currently dead tired wile writing this post. so im heading for sleep :sy_backpack:

Couldn't have put it better myself.

lol. just how long do you think these "pro PVPers" will stay in botstar? PVP in WS is so broken its not even funny.

LOL I played nothing but PvP in Wildstar .... tell me all about these "botters?" You get kicked for not getting into combat. Ive watched and had just a few of these "bots" on my team. they dont last. Play the game before you repost from what others have said. You don't have to like Wildstar. Stick with Swtor, it is an awesome game. But don't put down a game you know jack about.

now i supposed your reply will be " I did, or I do play it" and that all the bot crap is real. you're full of it. Wildstar is no different in bots and afkers then any other MMO with a Q system.

I'm just going to say this. If you wipe an enemy team in 8v8's and you still lose the you deserve to lose. What kind of dumb argument is that. CW if you wipe enemy team and you can't get node then you suck. Nobody is at side nodes or something. VS if you are wiping the enemy team over and over and still dont get door then you suck. If you are wiping the enemy team then you will win even if it's a tie because of kills. NC if you wipe enemy team and cant get node you suck. Huttball if you wipe enemy team and still lose then you suck. You even said it on your previous post that 4v4 is nothing but a bunch of monkeys who don't know how to chase objectives, but your next post directly contradicts it. PLEASE DO NOT OVER EXAGGERATE YOUR VIEWS!!! DONT MAKE UP STUPID ARGUMENTS TO TRY AND PROVE YOUR POINT!! :rolleyes:

You just proved me right. The point of 4v4 is to kill the enemy team, 8v8 is so much more because you can still lose even if you kill the enemy team :cool:

And over exaggerating was the point of my first post, if you could read you'd know it. He said everyone who likes 8v8 is bad and wants to be carried, i replied that everyone who likes 4v4 is kill chaser who can't play objectives...

You just proved me right. The point of 4v4 is to kill the enemy team, 8v8 is so much more because you can still lose even if you kill the enemy team :cool:

And over exaggerating was the point of my first post, if you could read you'd know it. He said everyone who likes 8v8 is bad and wants to be carried, i replied that everyone who likes 4v4 is kill chaser who can't play objectives...

Pardon the long post.

I expressed myself badly. Blame the language barrier. What I meant to say was the people who never got into arenas or tried in pre-season and lost and never went back to try it again for fear of losing.

Believe me when I say this, there is plenty of people (Or there were til a few weeks ago) who used to do 8v8s and were just reg heroes (Do regs 24/7 and call each other good and *** to numbers on the scoreboard).

Don't get me wrong, there were plenty of good people back in 8v8s and they did require a somewhat different set of skills (Though at the end of the day, if you can wipe the other team with easy, you shouldn't really be losing unless your team only knows how to tunnel).

My problem was with people who were carried back in the day (Usually the ones who do bad in arenas and complain about it not being balanced and what not.)

Every class is viable in arenas. The only class that I can see having some issue (Though depending on the group, they might be able to pull it off) are sorc heals. Besides that, the group i used to run with took pretty much all the classes in the game and managed to be successful in arenas. So ya...

If more people were not afraid of losing (Who in their right mind expects to win something without practice) and would queue up for groups, they most likely would never have to fight the top team in the server (Since there would be a lot more teams in queue , hence the chances of getting then would be a lot lower).