Very hard strike from WildStar.

helpmewin

im not upset or angry. just curious if you are aware of your blatant hypocrisy.

I'm interested in whether or not you understand what the word hypocrisy means. I've stated this game is dying, it is a fact. I've also stated that while I feel Wildstar is a vastly superior game and is one that I enjoy more then SWTOR, that I still enjoy logging into SWTOR for some PvP from time to time. I've just accepted that SWTOR's glory days were gone over a year ago, the game is done like dinner for the most part. I don't see how that's being a hypocrite as I'm being openly honest all together. You're just upset and looking for any angle to take shots at me and failing to do so. I'm not here to attack you, I merely pointed out truths about the games in question. For some reason you've taken that personal as if you have stock invested in EA or Bioware or just can't accept that there's truth to what I'm saying.

Sounds like an issue for you to work out, i'm not worried about it. Smile, be happy, stop being angry. I don't understand why you choose to be upset that there are better options out there, very odd. :rak_02:

Edited by djcetra

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a long glowing review

So far I like Wildstar but the Second Coming it ain't. It's trying (very hard) to be pre-casual WoW. Will it endure? I think so. Will it go F2P/Freemium? That's a harder question to answer.

Carbine is intentionally making it challenging and they succeeded. The difficulty of the first Dungeons (lvl20) are akin to TOR's HM raids. PUGs are failing in droves. It's both awesome and worrisome at the same time. At this level of difficulty it squarely defines WS as "niche". While Carbine might be happy with 2-300k subs their corporate master, NCSoft, hasn't been known to be particularly benevolent with under-performing properties (RIP COx).

I doubt that CREDD, WS's PLEX knockoff, is going to stave off any F2P/Freemium/Cash Shop decision. Players have only had two weeks to generate any sort of wealth, the price isn't going to stabilize for 2-3 months. Two plat is what the desperate are getting from people that are levelling. End-game players generate a ton more. The econo-wonks are predicting 40-50 plat minimum and expect to see 100-150.

So far I like Wildstar but the Second Coming it ain't. It's trying (very hard) to be pre-casual WoW. Will it endure? I think so. Will it go F2P/Freemium? That's a harder question to answer.

Carbine is intentionally making it challenging and they succeeded. The difficulty of the first Dungeons (lvl20) are akin to TOR's HM raids. PUGs are failing in droves. It's both awesome and worrisome at the same time. At this level of difficulty it squarely defines WS as "niche". While Carbine might be happy with 2-300k subs their corporate master, NCSoft, hasn't been known to be particularly benevolent with under-performing properties (RIP COx).

I doubt that CREDD, WS's PLEX knockoff, is going to stave off any F2P/Freemium/Cash Shop decision. Players have only had two weeks to generate any sort of wealth, the price isn't going to stabilize for 2-3 months. Two plat is what the desperate are getting from people that are levelling. End-game players generate a ton more. The econo-wonks are predicting 40-50 plat minimum and expect to see 100-150.

Well though I did take a bias approach with Wildstar in my post that wasn't really my primary intention, if it was I could have topped it off like a glazed donut about to enter homer simpsons mouth. But in reply as to whether or not Wildstar is the "Second Coming" that depends on what exactly you mean by that. If you mean a "WoW Killer" or the next MMO to have over 15million subscribers, of course not. Those are in my opinion, unrealistic expectations for any game. Wow itself could have never predicted the success it would have, it was an anomaly with near perfect timing in the gaming industry for the MMO genre with the magic formula. Many WoW players themselves admit the game lost its fire years ago but the subscriber numbers while they continue to diminish will only do so slowly because like other MMOs in the past it's hard for people to let go of accounts and characters they've invested in over 5 years+ of playing.

In regards to most of everything else you stated, I can agree and it's very well said. I don't think that Wildstar will not have any cash shop ideas implemented into the game and as long as they're kept strictly on the cosmetic level and not anything that influences the games difficulty level (Aside from small things such as XP boost packs and other minor stuff,) I think that's a good healthy decision for the company. This sort of idea should of course have its own team that is self-sustainable by the cash shop revenue and not the subscription base, it should not take from the game's core development team and priorities. From what I've seen out of Carbine thus far, they really seem to have the majority of their priorities straight which is promising.

I can't see Carbine being happy with 200-300k subscribers unless it's profitable and if it is I wouldn't see a problem even from the parent company that is NCSOFT. Pre-orders for the game early off exceeded 500k however and were actually projected to be over 1 million before launch if I remember correctly. It has also been said the interest because of beta was quite the opposite of ESO, interest has had overall a positive inpact and spike in a huge way since June began. You can get an idea of how people are reacting on reddit which as we all know is not a site for the faint hearted, if something sucks it will get ripped apart on that site but Wildstar is not suffering this fate. Carbine is also active on reddit as well.

From what I'm seeing it's looking that the game is currently well over 1 million strong and headed to double and possibly triple those numbers if things keep headed upwords. Of course, none of that can be proven until we get some official numbers released.

It looks like things are going VERY well for Wildstar at the moment, the only thing that can kill off WoW is WoW itself but if being the "Second-Coming" can be viewed as the next huge MMO that is succesful in its own rights, Wildstar is on its way as long as it keeps headed in the right direction and player retention is good over the next couple months. The whole CREDD market thing is up in the air, personally I'm going to stick by the projected numbers expect once the economy normalizes, maybe 20-30p per CRED. Unless things change drastically I don't see 50P+ for a month's subscription happening but hey, I don't want to throw those ideas around too much I'd rather wait and see what happens. As it stands now, if people are smart they should be buying up CREDD like crazy because at currently prices you could pay off a years sub with little to no effort at all from what I'm seeing depending on server.

As far as difficulty for the game and any backlash coming about "casual" players.. I've had some mixed emotions about this and a lot of it has changed as I've adapted more to the combat system myself. At this point I feel that while the game is certainly more difficult for one to jump into after playing WoW or SWTOR, it's not that it's ridiculously hard or anything. I no longer feel Wildstar is not casual friendly at ALL, I think it's very casual friendly at this point. I think the difficulty from that game heavily relies on people's willingness to let go of old combat systems, adapting and learning to a new one. Picking up the mechanics and mastering them such as MOO "Moment of Opportunity" makes Wildstar FAR easier, lazy people are sometimes reluctant to make these efforts because they're use to rolling their face on the keyboard and rolling mobs with no thought or skill whatsoever, Wildstar encourages that you be more engaged in the combat and save your stuns for the MOO strikes, which is awesome in my opinion. If one takes advantage of this, killing mobs becomes a joke once again, you prosper hardcore from saving a stun and stunning a mob when they began casting their special abilities.

I think the game raises the difficulty level to a much more reasonable place seeing that everyone complains about questing and mobs being brain numbing. Anyway, that's all I got for now.

Edited by djcetra

So far I like Wildstar but the Second Coming it ain't. It's trying (very hard) to be pre-casual WoW. Will it endure? I think so. Will it go F2P/Freemium? That's a harder question to answer..

It will more than likely go free to play because they lose nothing by doing it, and potentially gain a ton of profit through micro transactions in whatever store they set up, plus there is the potential that people trying it for free will subscribe to it.

It will more than likely go free to play because they lose nothing by doing it, and potentially gain a ton of profit through micro transactions in whatever store they set up, plus there is the potential that people trying it for free will subscribe to it.

False, anyone active in the WS community knows the game going "F2P" is not likely at all at this point especially anytime soon. The game is exploding with the sub model and already offers 1 form of F2P via Gold Farming option. Also, Micro-Transactions are likely to happen with or without a F2P model, it isn't necessary for a game to go F2P to implement this sort of feature.

False, anyone active in the WS community knows the game going "F2P" is not likely at all at this point especially anytime soon. The game is exploding with the sub model and already offers 1 form of F2P via Gold Farming option. Also, Micro-Transactions are likely to happen with or without a F2P model, it isn't necessary for a game to go F2P to implement this sort of feature.

It may be booming with subs right now. But f2p brings in potential subscribers as well as the f2p community gobbles up micro transactions. LOTRO is a game that comes to mind for me about this, when it went f2p it had plenty of subscribers at that point of the game, opening up a f2p model brought in more people that spent on the turbine store, and some that tried it ended up subbing. Going f2p isn't a sign of whether a game is doing well or not anymore, it just makes sense from a money stand point.

wow! you are still here posting? WS is so much fun that you are here talking about it, instead of playing it. you are wasting your time here... you should hop on over to WS forums and explain to all the people who are making "im unsubbing", posts/threads or have major problems/complaints about the game how wrong they are and how right you are.

It may be booming with subs right now. But f2p brings in potential subscribers as well as the f2p community gobbles up micro transactions. LOTRO is a game that comes to mind for me about this, when it went f2p it had plenty of subscribers at that point of the game, opening up a f2p model brought in more people that spent on the turbine store, and some that tried it ended up subbing. Going f2p isn't a sign of whether a game is doing well or not anymore, it just makes sense from a money stand point.

You're not understanding what I'm saying, Wildstar doesn't need to go F2P to implement micro-transactions and they're not going to. They're going to have a sub model WITH micro-transactions.

wow! you are still here posting? WS is so much fun that you are here talking about it, instead of playing it. you are wasting your time here... you should hop on over to WS forums and explain to all the people who are making "im unsubbing", posts/threads or have major problems/complaints about the game how wrong they are and how right you are.

Yea there's this wonderful sport called NHL Hockey that I watch and the invention of laptops so that I'm able to kick back on my couch and post on forums while I watch my team win the championship.

Oh, and you mean the maybe.. 5 posts threatning to unsub? LOL. If you had any common sense at all you'd realize that those posts are always common when a game launches as well. Of course you focus on the extremely small amount of negative posts on their forms as oppose to all the praise they're getting in yet another failed attempt to justify your opinion and make yourself feel better.

I sub to both games and I'm allowed to post on both forums, you sure have taken it upon yourself to drag out some personal vendetta against me, your butt must really be sore. Glad I'm not so freakin ignorant, while you sit here and cry your eyes out I'm having a blast on both games. Sucks to be you.

LOL lets take a quick peek at the Wildstar Forums:

Player so fed up he and his brother unsubbed:

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/71934-quick-story-of-an-extremely-disappointed-and-now-unsubscribed-player/

Another player done with the game already? hmmmm:

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/74658-think-i-had-my-full/

Simplistic, one dimensional pvp? Come to WS, you'll get it:

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/74465-pvp-in-a-nutshell/

Bots bots bots and more bots. Think afkers are bad? Try a bot:

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/71768-i-bought-wildstar-to-pvp/

Fads will be fads will be fads. A new game does mean a game changing game. Wait 5 months, and then talk about Wildstar. Until then it's just another fad

wall of text

That must have been a record of how much one can post without including any relevant information.. All you actually answered the other sceptics with, was "this and this is not true" - without any arguments other than you saying it is not true. Would you mind explaining wildstar's game mechanics to us who have not tried the game, so we could better understand the differences between it and 'other mmos'? Because whenever I looked into info about Wildstar, I never saw anything interesting or innovative at all. Wrapped in a technicolor rainbow cartoon wrapping, which is something I dislike. SWTOR already has too cartoony art style, but I can't change that.

Edited by Karkais

LOL lets take a quick peek at the Wildstar Forums:

Player so fed up he and his brother unsubbed:

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/71934-quick-story-of-an-extremely-disappointed-and-now-unsubscribed-player/

Another player done with the game already? hmmmm:

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/74658-think-i-had-my-full/

Simplistic, one dimensional pvp? Come to WS, you'll get it:

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/74465-pvp-in-a-nutshell/

Bots bots bots and more bots. Think afkers are bad? Try a bot:

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/71768-i-bought-wildstar-to-pvp/

Fads will be fads will be fads. A new game does mean a game changing game. Wait 5 months, and then talk about Wildstar. Until then it's just another fad

Surprise! Some people are upset. You're a true hero of the SWTOR community. You deserve a medal for hand picking a couple negative threads on the Wildstar forums, thank you for opening our eyes and making it clear without a doubt that Wildstar is not perfect. Because of your efforts alone Carbine's evil plot has been unraveled and the downfall is now inevitable.

Because the SWTOR forums have never been a cesspool full of complaints, begging and pleas from the community to fix the game so it wouldn't die the miserable death it has fallen victim of. Handpicking threads from this communities forums is a suicidal death-wish that would drive any normal person to slit their wrists from depression that I would wish upon no person.

Waiting 5 months to see what happens with Wildstar is a cake-walk compared to all of but the 2 months after release that it took to begin the downward spiral which drove this game into the ground.

Edited by djcetra

lol. just how long do you think these "pro PVPers" will stay in botstar? PVP in WS is so broken its not even funny.

TOR is more broken than Wildstar ever will be. When it comes to PvP Wildstar > TOR. TOR is dying in subs and players overall while Wildstar is THRIVING.

TOR is more broken than Wildstar ever will be. When it comes to PvP Wildstar > TOR. TOR is dying in subs and players overall while Wildstar is THRIVING.

lol. I guess that makes you a WS white knight/fanboy.

yes, because its not like many games, including swtor in the first few weeks had very high sub numbers :rolleyes:

sarcasm off, seriously Wildstar is still brand new, people even if they want to leave they probably still payed for a month or two which means you at least got to wait a while before seriously comparing a two and a half year old game to the shiny new game on the street, sub numbers on wildstar obviously aren't going to drop until the first month or two of paytime bought with the sub ends. Not saying wildstar is going to suffer a big drop or anything like that as we cannot see the future, but nonetheless saying a game is thriving at the beginning in terms of subs means practically nothing except that the hype the devs built up for said game early on worked.

TL;DR

of course sub numbers haven't dropped wildstar is still new and people have paid for, if Wildstars subscription system is anything like other mmo's sub systems, at least a month, of which wildstar has not been out more than a month, so WAIT before saying its going to do better in terms of subs, because many mmo's including swtor had high sub numbers the first month so that is not a predictor of much.

DUDE did you not see the guy who put the numbers of the ranked participation. Your logic is flawed man because if what you are saying is true why did SWTOR ever have server merges and then more server merges. If people came back within 5 months shouldn't we have the same numbers as we did when the game first started? I never said the q's slowed down too. Even if the q's are similar to before does not mean there is the same amount of people playing.

You actually proved my point. At launch there were too many servers and the player base was far too spread out. This created a negative feedback loop; people couldn't find other people to play with leading them to quit making it even more difficult to find a group causing even more people to quit. Attrition exceeded growth. However, once they merged the servers and added a F2P component, attrition subsided for the most part and over the past two years we have seen a trend toward growth. We have experienced "cataclysms" where a number of players have left but over time growth makes up for those losses.

http://strawpoll.me/1914967/r

Straw Poll from Reddit says those betting against Wildstar might just be wrong, funny how that works.

:rolleyes:

Lol no one is "betting" against Wildstar. I don't think anyone here really gives two ***** about WildStar. We just want WildStar fanbois like yourself to stop trolling our threads. Go back to your cartoon hell that looks like some poor autistic child was put in charge of art direction for a looney toons skit.

Oh and have fun in Battlegrounds. I hear if you're lucky you might actually have a real person on your team instead of a bot.

LOL around 2/3rds of those are saying YES. Looks like Wildstar will have more long term and endgame retention than TOR ever will. This poll automatically shuts down your responses, Mia and Sang.

A poll taken the first month after launch? Gee super duper credible especially since you'd expect most people to shell out $60 and then insta quit.

It's hilarious how important it is for you to prove to everyone here that your new hobby has merit. Clearly you're making massive headway.

By continuing to rant on these forums you're just proving that your entire WildStar experience will exist beneath SWTOR's shadow.

Edited by Aristore

However, once they merged the servers and added a F2P component, attrition subsided for the most part and over the past two years we have seen a trend toward growth. We have experienced "cataclysms" where a number of players have left but over time growth makes up for those losses.

Do you have actual numbers or is that just your perception?