The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sage Top 3 Questions - Answered

EricMusco

P.S. To those who are butthurt about the sages "wasting" the third question on cosmetic concerns, the above is a large part of why--Bioware doesn't seem to take anything else seriously. :rolleyes:

Maybe the above is the result of Bioware no taking anythign seriously.

Basically they crippled sorc with 1.2.

Then they ignored sorcs for about 2 years.

Only to finally going back to pre 1.2 step by step and buffing sorcs again(at least for dps). So basically the past 2 year have just been a huge waste of time.

But I have to admit that at least for DPS sorc / sages they are in a decent spot right now compared to where they used to be. Though some issues remain, such as GCD for DCD (the amount of benefits they provide to no justify GCD, if you compare it to other classes and their DCDs). The missing instant WW on madness and the 360° knockback to handle those server lags. Some help with Force Management especially for healers and madness/balance because killing yourself to get resource is futile, especially in PvP.

But honestly, discussing changes in here is nothing but some form of group therapy. They don't give a damn what we are writing in here. There have been so many "feedback" threads which never lead to anything. There have been countless normal threads discussing what is needed and 99.99% of them remain unanswered and probably also unread by Bioware. If they wanted to they would know anything there is to know about this class and could implement changes accordingly. Those "feedback" threads are just opened to keep you bussy and your hopes up, so that you won't leave this game. It is much cheaper to open a thread in the forum than acctually do some research, implement changes, and test those changes.

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see any way that I could agree with Force Barrier not being a defensive cooldown.

Random examples, Brontes stuns a sage to perform Fire and Forget, a potentially fatal attack that all DPS classes are burning DCD on to increase survivability. Or any of the Kephess clone dread bomb type attacks in TFB or DF where he jumps up and stomps a player for high damage. Not being dead afterwards is #1 for being able to continue DPS. No its not suitable for a last stand except in really unique circumstances but I'm not seeing that as a rule for something being a DCD.

Not even as a last stand. A commando can use reactive shield when they're about to get dive bombed and keep DPSing brontes. A sage can't. Its actual utility as a DCD is severely limited is my point, and listing it as just another DCD is disingenuous since it comes with the heftiest penalty for a DCD in the game.

The difference is one is healing (and therefore we get into offhealing) and one is a health buff.

If I took a 41k hit from whatever, maybe I'm forced to eat a predictable mechanic for the raid, I'd die, if a DPS sage knows that's going to happen and puts his FA on me, I'm going to survive with a few K of hp. He's not compensating for healing but increasing my maximum effective health. Maybe it helps that time maybe it doesn't but it's something different that only sages can do.

If you aren't at full health than a kolto bomb and a FA are both going to help. If you survive the mechanic (with or without FA), then both are going to be useful. And Kolto bomb isn't negated by just having the sage healer do it. And please tell me what other DPS can drop an appreciable instant AoE heal.

Offhealing when practical is part of the package but this is covered by healers if all goes to plan. I was going for the utility of the sacrificial "health" of FA which allows someone to take more damage than they have health and while it's better from a sage healer, a dps doing it is better than nothing.

If we limited utility to that which was useful only when things go to plan we'd take combat res off the table, because if everything goes to plan you won't need a combat res. Yes a sage DPS using a kolto bomb is better than nothing, but the utility goes away with a sage healer. Kolto Bomb, if called for, is always useful, and there is just as much merit in helping healers burst someone back up who has taken a big hit as there is in providing a health cushion. Indeed, there isn't a mechanic in the game that actually requires a FA to survive, because no group can be guaranteed to have a sage in either a DPS or healing role. Therefore the true utility of a FA is effective healing. FA is a better effective ST heal than Kolto Bomb, but Kolto bomb hits more people. They're both incredibly useful in high damage environments.

And if we want to talk about off healing, again I'd argue that Kolto Bomb single handedly makes Commandos the most effective at it. The ability to make their big heal instant (twice in a row for Gunnery) and make their quick heal instant (at the expense of CB stacks) makes commandos probably the best burst off healers in the game, but of course they'll be in big trouble from an ammo perspective. But then ALL DPS off heals pay a huge expense to use casted heals. It's one reason that traditionally you only call for off healing when it's really needed because you're looking at a 2.5-3s cast that suffers full pushback as well as a completely unsustainable cost. FA and Kolto Bomb solve the first problem by being instant, but FA has some pretty sever restrictions because it doesn't stack and conflicts with healer Sage FAs. Kolto Bomb, in addition to being instant, is relatively cheap and has a 6s cooldown, which makes it by far the most useful of every off healing ability.

Basically, you should definitely list KB as a utility since it's pretty uniquely useful among baseline heals for off heal capable classes. At least if you're going to list FA (which I agree should be listed).

I think they play their own game, but like many developers, they play their game as they envisioned it being played, not as players actually play it.

I'm sure they play it, just differently than players do.

1) I doubt they grind content for the gear they use wear while testing content.

2) They're always playing with the same folks....so...they might as well be guild runs ~ PUG? what's that?

3) I doubt very seriously they have a sorc/sage tester who's playing 1v1 PvP duels with a 50% win rate against any other class. ~ if they do, it's because their best player/ tester decided they wanted to play sorc/sage.

Not using Force Armor as a DPS spec is just a little bit nutty, but I can see how the devs think it's a good idea. It really makes me wonder how they reconcile that position with this:

Nuttier than a peanut butter sandwhich.... .

Sages are self applying bubbles & mend on CD, just to achieve parity with the survivability of the other DPS classes. Or do they expect healers to just heal DPS sages more frequently & not complain? ~ healers have complained about squishy DPS sages for over 2 years.

But our answer was directed at PvE Ops

In the Sorc questions they were talking about PvP....and it's starting to look like the PvP team & the PvE teams have completely different ideas about how to play the classes & there is a severe disconnect between the two teams. Appearently they communicate Soooo well, that the sage answer got published without anyone pointing out that it contradicts what they told Sorc.

Surely, using Force Armor and Force Mend would be far and away the best healing ability to use as a DPS. If we aren't intended to use that, then it seems that Sage/Sorc healing abilities should play NO role in the devs' assessment of the class's surviviability.

To me, it looks like they're measuring the DPS output of the class in a vaccume on a dummy & then assuming sages are using bubble & mend on CD.

~ without measuring the loss in DPS that comes with spending GCD's on bubble & mend.

(roughly 5 of 40 GCD's per min ~ 12.5% of our abilitiy usage)

If WZ's were 1v1, how many sorc/sage(s) would PvP at all? I know I wouldn't.

I am just saying fact how it is all the time with sages ... Now finaly devs agree that it is not ideal or balanced and never was ... At least for sages. I play sage since December 2011 So I know what I am talking about ...

As a proof sages have no cooldowns nor armor you can see picture from yesterday arena:

I have Full PVP Brutalizer + some mods for power => 2018 expertise: one spell for almost 11 000 dmg:

http://www.2i.cz/404f5872a1

Who else can say he gets full damage by one spell? I counted already 15 spells from other classes which deal more than 10 000 one hit mostly instant ... Heatseeker missiles, Assasinate etc ... No other class but sage get this kind of damage and we have light armor and no cooldowns ... more than 3 years now.

Yes, the thing where you got crit hard as a clothie really invalidates any counter argument.

Very few classes can hit that hard and none can spam those attacks, they require setup. You also should note that Madness as a dot spec is clearly not going to also have huge burst attacks (although deathfield does hit pretty hard). Lightning has rotational AOE and 8k+ autocrit on Thundering blast proccing an immediate hard hitting AOE followup. Snipers hard hits are either channels or require setup.

And melee classes have to deal with being melee, meaning positioning difficulties and vulnerability to LOS/Kiting/movement...they hit so hard on average because their damage is inherently more fragile.

As a strictly PvE sage who has never even queued for a PvP match, if you put a 2 piece set bonus on pvp gear that takes the health removal away from noble sacrifice, you can bet your *** I'll get 2 pieces of that gear. That is so far above & beyond my current 4 piece PvE set bonus of 50 extra force as to be laughable.

PVE Sages do not need to have no health cost for Noble Sac, that would make it too easy. I don't find it hard to manage my force now anyway. If people have problems with their force then I'm sorry, but it's a learn to play situation.

If the pvp Sage gear was to get a set bonus for 2 pieces that gave them no health cost on Noble sac then some people would wear that gear in PVE. To counter this i would propose moving the extra force to the 2 piece bonus and moving the reduced cooldown for healing trance to the 4 piece bonus so people basically have to have 4 piece.

PVE Sages do not need to have no health cost for Noble Sac, that would make it too easy. I don't find it hard to manage my force now anyway. If people have problems with their force then I'm sorry, but it's a learn to play situation.

If the pvp Sage gear was to get a set bonus for 2 pieces that gave them no health cost on Noble sac then some people would wear that gear in PVE. To counter this i would propose moving the extra force to the 2 piece bonus and moving the reduced cooldown for healing trance to the 4 piece bonus so people basically have to have 4 piece.

Or, couldn't you do the following - put the actual no health cost lost back near the top of the Seer tree, and nerf Conveyance somewhat accordingly, the end goal being - if you time your NS perfectly, you're still going to be somewhat force negative - no infinite force. If you time it badly, you still have issues.

Would that work, do you think?

I really don't want the no health cost to be a PvP set bonus, because I currently use 2 piece PvE in PvP, and I hate Innervate/Healing Trance having a 9s cooldown.

So you know sorc healing is complete crap in arenas, AND you don't know how to fix it. GG Bioware.

They know how to fix it, they just don't want to. They know perfectly well that the meta of PvP requires mobility which they could, but choose not to give to Sage healers. So mine remains on the shelf. :(

A Heal is not strictly a DCD its a Heal; it's used after taking damage, and cannot reduce damage in anyway.

Since when does a D(efense)C(ool(D)own implies reducing damage taken only? A big part of the old shadowmitigation were selfheals. Vanguards have very nice selfhealing when they take AoE damage. Its all there to increase survivability, hence its a cooldown which you use to defend yourself ;-).

An Interrupt is not a DCD that can be used all the time, you cannot interrupt even 1/3rd of the damage you take in Ops.

Knockback is useless against ranged targets or AOE dmg.

Well, that 1/3rd of the damage is exactly the damage which might kill you if the rest of your team is not on the ball. The other 2/3rd is really not dangerous at all. Not even for sages.

The only two purely DCDs for a Sorc can use on themselves and in every situation is Static Barrier and Force Barrier.

And once again you forget a lot of other abilities a sage has in order to save himself.

A healers Static Barrier is better than a DPS, but you have to have a heal Sorc in the Ops group, within range, and not healing his *** off to be of any use.

Yes, did I imply something else?

The Force Barrier breaks game mechanics, in a bad bad way. If you've never used this ability in an Op, Sage or Sorc, you have no clue what I mean.

I have a very good clue of what you mean. For some mechanics you shouldn't use it indeed, but for loads of other mechanics you can use it quite well.

Now if you're suggesting the only time I should take my Lightning Sorc into an Op is when I have exceptionally skilled Healers available to heal my exceptionally squishy ***, I'm just gonna laugh at you like I did the Devs.

Hahahahahaha

Where did I suggest that? I'm continuously saying to you that the majority of incoming damage which I have looked up in parses isnt that much higher for sages. Especially for you I looked into a few of my grouplogs to compare more recent numbers. Sages are taking slightly more damage but not close enough to warrent your mmmrrrgr need skilled healers else I die attitude.

As an example a raptus HM fight. I was taking 405 dtps on my slinger (not SS specced), our sage took 452, a combat sentinel 264 (due to cheating with 30% AoE reduction) and our scoundrel 413 dtps. This difference is so small any healer can compensate with ease.

When something does go wrong and you get an attack which is not meant for you (strange way to ask for balancing around that) you might take more damage. For example pulverize at bestia slinger (8779) sage (13593) sentinel (8043) scoundrel (14026).

But lets turn it around shall we? Give me (and thereby also the devteam) parses showing where you nearly die. I can compare those against my own data if I have time for it. Also if you really need those skilled healers to keep you alive than send in those parses for sure. The devs even advised to do so. Feel lucky if your feeling is correct since than you will get buffed.

So instead of your snarky remarks maybe contribute something?

Elitist *****

Who? Me? This is not the elitist you are looking for.

Hey folks!

PvP - Seer Spec Issues

Currently, Sage healers have a number of issues that affect their play. First, Sages are nearly 100% reliant on casted healing abilities. Our only instant healing abilities are Force Armor and Rejuvenate. Force Armor has a long lockout and Rejuvenate is a small heal mostly used to proc Conveyance. Salvation can be cast instantly, but it requires using Healing Trance (and usually Rejuvenate) as a set-up.

In PvP, this causes great issues, because while Sage healers are capable of putting up great numbers because of Salvation spamming, under heavy pressure a static AoE heal is not ideal in the frenetic PvP environment.

The Noble Sacrifice/Consumption mechanic is really unique, and the community agrees that in PvE at least it provides Seer/Corruption with a sensible mechanic for restoring Force. In PvP, this mechanic presents very serious problems. Sage healers are one of the priority targets for being focused and in that situation purposefully sacrificing your health to maintain force is not possible. This is exacerbated by the issue of Sage healers being reliant on casts. This puts the Sage in the unenviable situation of having to stay still to restore health and Force.

Also, while Benevolence has its uses in emergency situations and off healing as a DPS, for Seer Sages this ability is very underwhelming and rarely used. In your 2.0 blog you mentioned that the ability is to be used when Force efficiency is not a concern. Unfortunately, in most emergencies efficiency is a concern as wasteful rotations will only lead to a prolonged emergency.

Are the developers considering any changes to Seer spec to reduce the heavy reliance on casted abilities or to improve force management in a way that is not detrimental to survival? For example, improving Rejuvenate, reducing the lockout duration of Force Armor, or removing the health cost of Noble Sacrifice via set bonuses?

Sage/Sorcerer healers, we hear you and we see that our data validates what you are saying – as it shows you are currently performing behind both Scoundrel/Operative healers and Commando/Mercenary healers in PvP. We do not currently have any plans to share with you on how we intend to improve Sage/Sorcerer healing in PvP AKA they don't have any and will still ignore it for months, despite it being asked for for AGES., but it is a priority for usSo sometime in 2years?, and we would love to hear your own ideas on how you would like Sage/Sorcerer healing to be improved in PvP without also making Sage/Sorcerer healing too good in PvE. Hmmm, I've seen DOZENS of good ideas that don't affect PVE in the sage/sorcerer forums before. Maybe you should try reading them.We will say in advance that, “make such-and-such ability activate instantly,” is not a solution we are likely to consider (unless it is a temporary buff triggered by something else, and not a permanent reduction of activation time). Our goal is to keep Sage/Sorcerer healing as close as possible to the way it is in PvE, while improving how it performs in PvP.

Now here are some questions for the Sage/Sorcerer community, regarding Noble Sacrifice/Consumption. Do you believe removing the health cost of Noble Sacrifice/Consumption as a PvP set bonus would be something that PvE Sage/Sorcerer healers also feel like they need, or are PvE Sage/Sorcerers happier with their current set bonuses? If it is something that PvE Sages/Sorcerers would rather have as well, then which current PvE set bonus would you want to give up for it? Do you think that having a health-cost-free Noble Sacrifice/Consumption would be too good for PvE? Do you believe it might take away too much of the challenge for healing in PvE situations?

Simple. PVE bonuses don't need changing, nobody asked for that. PVP should be 2part setbonus and 4part setbonus: Reduces cooldown on Innervate (like in pve) and reduces health from Consumption. Anyway else and it's not viable in PVP (Setbonus that is, even with this ALONE it's not viable)

Please let us know your thoughts about these issues in your replies to this post. We will be listening, and we appreciate your feedback.

Doesn't sound constructive I know. But you won't do anything for another year anyway so I'm not trying to be ^^.

They don't give a damn what we are writing in here.

They have buffed so many other classes instead. OPs, for example, or Jedi / Sith warrior classes.

That's clearly showing where their focus is.

If you need proof, look here : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=740639

And here as well : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=744208

In the Sorc questions they were talking about PvP....and it's starting to look like the PvP team & the PvE teams have completely different ideas about how to play the classes & there is a severe disconnect between the two teams. Appearently they communicate Soooo well, that the sage answer got published without anyone pointing out that it contradicts what they told Sorc.

LOL, interesting find !

But lets turn it around shall we? Give me (and thereby also the devteam) parses showing where you nearly die. I can compare those against my own data if I have time for it. Also if you really need those skilled healers to keep you alive than send in those parses for sure. The devs even advised to do so. Feel lucky if your feeling is correct since than you will get buffed.

So instead of your snarky remarks maybe contribute something?

Then why do people consider Sages / Sorcs so unfavourable in OPs anyway ? Especially as DDs ?

And, why do they die faster in OPs, anyway ?

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

You need to look at both quotes in their respective context. The h2f answer is meant for a PvP setting, while the answer about not using Static Barrier is meant for Operations.

So the devs envision Sages/Sorcs to use Static Barrier and offheals in PvP situations (they seem to value healing abilities less than a few months ago though), but not in Operations. This is quite crucial context to understand how the devs envision Sages/Sorcs.

Nevertheless, I can't help but wonder how Sage/Sorc dps are supposed to survive mechanics like Dreadbomb without a Sage/Sorc-healer in their operation group.

@Gyronamics: The devs seem to consider Force Barrier as an escape, not a dcd. The obvious hint for this is, that Electro Net blocks Force Barrier. Electro Net only deactivates escape abilities, not defensive cooldowns.

The developers clearly have a wonky view on FA since no sage doing challenging content will be given any cookies by not using FA before major predictable hits. In exactly the same way any other class not popping something before a major hit will also be regarded as a special case.

Class FB as what you will. It is nevertheless part of the defensive package and is an ultimate damage cancelling ability.

Not even as a last stand. A commando can use reactive shield when they're about to get dive bombed and keep DPSing brontes. A sage can't. Its actual utility as a DCD is severely limited is my point, and listing it as just another DCD is disingenuous since it comes with the heftiest penalty for a DCD in the game.

FB gives immunity and then a very large absorb shield which we've clocked at up to 30k absorb when FB ends. If you're the last DPS it won't hurt to give it a go. Unique circumstances were my words but there is leverage you can use there.

Again with the insistence that a DCD has to mean you can keep doing damage, It's not a classic DCD like RS which is *reduce damage* however *immune statue + absorb shield* as a baseline ability can't be ignored as if it's not there.

Also technically you can perform damage while in a FB, just not active damage.

Basically, you should definitely list KB as a utility since it's pretty uniquely useful among baseline heals for off heal capable classes. At least if you're going to list FA (which I agree should be listed).

KB is cheap, instant and has the best potential healing/cost for a baseline heal and that's it. There are downsides to RNG selection of 4 players under the target to receive the healing to the point where you if you actually want to save someone you don't use KB but instead full on offheal with casts.

It's fluffy healing like the fluffy damage of a slingers DoT grenade. Throw 4 KB in a 16m, you heal randomly selected players for 50,000 overall and meanwhile the dedicated healers are doing 2,000,000 overall each. Did you make a meaningful difference?

But you've said your side and people can make their own mind up on it.

Edited by Gyronamics

The most important question to ask is the following, everything else is philosophical. You are a raid leader and you have to pick 2 ranged dpsers. Out of the following possible combinations which one do you choose?

1) sage-sage

2) sage-mando

3) sage-slinger

4) mando-mando

5) mando-slinger

6) slinger-slinger

My answer: 5

Cause all classes have similar dps but mando-slinger takes less damage in general and their utility compliments each other well without missing anything out from the utility that a sage would bring.

Answers I have seen so far flowing in the forums are usually like this. "We could have brought a sage but yes we went with a mando-sliger combo".

But anyway, I do have to admit that the balance between the ranged dps classes are very close, closer than ever I might dare say.... however it seems to me that sages have always been looking at this balance from the bottom and never from the top... All is required might be just one change.... one utility ability like an alacrity or healing aura which is unique to them (in fact my opinion is that every subclass should have some form of such kind of unique ability), or a minimal change like force mend off gcd, force armour self-cast off gcd.

For the off-GCD Force Mend to work properly, it would need to be re-designed so it could be used while casting (though perhaps not channelling), which means the Devs will presumably need to make some significant changes to the combat system.

i don't see why it would need to be used while casting. All specs have some instants where you could squeeze it in, as a healer between rejuvenate and whatever comes after would be a good time for example

The most important question to ask is the following, everything else is philosophical. You are a raid leader and you have to pick 2 ranged dpsers. Out of the following possible combinations which one do you choose?

1) sage-sage

2) sage-mando

3) sage-slinger

4) mando-mando

5) mando-slinger

6) slinger-slinger

My answer: 5

Cause all classes have similar dps but mando-slinger takes less damage in general and their utility compliments each other well without missing anything out from the utility that a sage would bring.

Answers I have seen so far flowing in the forums are usually like this. "We could have brought a sage but yes we went with a mando-sliger combo".

But anyway, I do have to admit that the balance between the ranged dps classes are very close, closer than ever I might dare say.... however it seems to me that sages have always been looking at this balance from the bottom and never from the top... All is required might be just one change.... one utility ability like an alacrity or healing aura which is unique to them (in fact my opinion is that every subclass should have some form of such kind of unique ability), or a minimal change like force mend off gcd, force armour self-cast off gcd.

My 1st answer is which ever class my team wants to bring themselves. Let them play the class they like and they are way more involved in pumping up numbers. For example I don't like sharpshooter at all, hence I wont be very good at it. I do like saboteur very much which means that I am, relatively speaking good at it.

Anyways, your question was a mean hypothetical one with a clear settup to get rid of a sage choice. But .... since you asked for opinions class wise ...

I would choose option 3 - sage/slinger.

Why?

A slinger has very good utility with their scrambling field, armordebuff (if needed ofc) and a very good AoE spec if you know how to play it. Have hightail as a 'yelp' cd is also very handy (although I have caused wipes by yolo'ing it).

As compliment on the slinger I would choose a sage because of their skilltree boons in the form of very nice single target dps and AoE potential. The AoE potential can even be better when using the TK-balance hybrid. Furthermore they have force armor when things go south. Their 'yelp' cd as force barrier is also very handy to have in an ops. Add to that that they can cleanse, offheal and brezz when the situation requires it. Last but not least their rescue .... a life saver ... (unless it a friend of yours who likes to troll and rescue you into bad **** .... Don't worry, I returned him the favor at corrupter zero lasers ... moehahahahar).

Why won't I choose mando? Because they bring the same a sage but with less group utility.

FYI: above assumes no sagehealer is present. Also the devs clearly meant it that you don't NEED to use it to prevent deaths. If its the case we should give them details about where and why. Ofc it can't be a human error wipe since none should be able to survive stupid mistakes

FB gives immunity and then a very large absorb shield which we've clocked at up to 30k absorb when FB ends

If, and only if, you hold the channel the entire 8s. That's a LOOOOOOONG time to be completely out of the fight.

KB is cheap, instant and has the best potential healing/cost for a baseline heal and that's it. There are downsides to RNG selection of 4 players under the target to receive the healing to the point where you if you actually want to save someone you don't use KB but instead full on offheal with casts.

It's fluffy healing like the fluffy damage of a slingers DoT grenade. Throw 4 KB in a 16m, you heal randomly selected players for 50,000 overall and meanwhile the dedicated healers are doing 2,000,000 overall each. Did you make a meaningful difference?

Either you need to heal up someone specific, who in all likelihood separated themselves from the group, in which case Kolto Bomb because it's the easiest thing to do (you don't even have to change targets!) or the raid is hurting and you throw it and don't care who you hit because everyone needs help, or a specific group of people needs help having got caught in something close together, and you toss a bomb. It's not that hard to aim, and the times when the entire raid needs to stack up so that who you hit is a total crap shoot, that's also the time when pretty much everyone needs healing anyway, or you're in a true burn phase and no one is off healing.

You're right we've both had our say, but ignoring Kolto Bomb as a step above all the casted heals that usually constitute off healing is, again, being disingenuous.

If, and only if, you hold the channel the entire 8s. That's a LOOOOOOONG time to be completely out of the fight.

Actually, it appears to start stacking instantly and gain an extra stack every 2 seconds (each stack being ~7.5k damage absorbed), so its 6 seconds to max stacks

Still a long time, but not as bad as 8 seconds.

Compare the sage 4 piece set bonus in pvp to that of a guardian. The guardian has 8% total heal ever time he leaps and a 10% damage increase for 5 seconds. Now the sage has a reduction of mind crush cool down by 1.5 seconds and heals you for 0.5%, then we have increase in mind snap by range by 5 meters.

On a dps front the 2 different set bonus don't even compare in usefulness especially the extra 5 meters or 10% damage increase. I know which one I would rather have.

I would like to see the set bonus of no health lose from noble sacrifice but I think people would want it for pve too as it would be better than an extra 50 force. So you would need to make that better.

Compare the sage 4 piece set bonus in pvp to that of a guardian. The guardian has 8% total heal ever time he leaps and a 10% damage increase for 5 seconds. Now the sage has a reduction of mind crush cool down by 1.5 seconds and heals you for 0.5%, then we have increase in mind snap by range by 5 meters.

On a dps front the 2 different set bonus don't even compare in usefulness especially the extra 5 meters or 10% damage increase. I know which one I would rather have.

I would like to see the set bonus of no health lose from noble sacrifice but I think people would want it for pve too as it would be better than an extra 50 force. So you would need to make that better.

Causing the PVP set bonus to add a 30m AOE taunt to salvation would stop it being used in PVE ^^

No mechanics should revolve around a set bonus or we will get this kind of cross-usage of PVP/PVE gear.

Edited by Gyronamics

Dude was provably wrong. Yoda hurls a hover platform the senators use at palpatine, Jedi frequently use force throws against both droids and people in the movies, it's actual cannon that jedi can see into the future to boost reaction times, and when it's used in sabre duels it's most certainly being used to attack, the sabre throw is also using the force to attack and is present in the movies.

It's a philosophical thing, not a litteral thing. How did that guy get to be a rep? fire him, he hasn't done his research, so i don't really trust him to make suggestions that determine the fate of my sage.

Dude was provably wrong. Yoda hurls a hover platform the senators use at palpatine, Jedi frequently use force throws against both droids and people in the movies, it's actual cannon that jedi can see into the future to boost reaction times, and when it's used in sabre duels it's most certainly being used to attack, the sabre throw is also using the force to attack and is present in the movies.

It's a philosophical thing, not a litteral thing. How did that guy get to be a rep? fire him, he hasn't done his research, so i don't really trust him to make suggestions that determine the fate of my sage.

Please, you need to understand that these aren't his questions. They are the community's questions. The community had its chance to post their concerns in the Sage Questions thread which was restarted by Master-Nala after our rep quit. While I would have personally asked different ones and Master-Nala has previously stated that if they were his questions, he would have also asked different ones, I understand fully that these are the concerns of the vocal community. Again, thanks to Master-Nala for stepping up and compiling these questions.

I think the consumption mechanic is a good idea, but it needs to be remedied. Personally I'd like to see it being a big force boost (something like 250-350 force) with a 50% degeneration for 10s, 15% health loss and a 90s cooldown. This would put it as slightly stronger than other classes resource regen abilities in terms of amount, but would still have drawbacks making it more unique than a standard get 50% back. It would be nice when healing to be able to use my stacks for something other than self-harm and resource regen. Perhaps they could also change the noble sacrifice effect in the healing trance stacks to improve deliverance (30% force cost reduction or perhaps even make it the same as for the AoE heal and at 3 stacks it activates instantly).