what elements of female character appearance would get you to whisper them

Jeweledleah

Soooo, you know everyone who ever said that in person? ;)

@SW_display_name in regards to the male PC being flirted at, I'm not really sure why you said it in the first place. I mean, does it matter in any way? I get that it's a bit creepy but why not just say "Sorry, not interested" if things go too far without any reason stated? You obviously do that now, but... yeah :)

I try to maintain a strict disassociation between me and my characters, but answer honestly if they ask (though I don't know why they'd want to know)

I played on Mal'Ganis, one of the most populated servers, so yeah.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sheesh, apparently my non-digital hubby now wants to purchase a couple more char slots and races. No shopping for revealing gear for me, gonna have to scrape the credits(and cc's) together to get him his 8 classes... :p Too bad. But I wow to do something about my F!Sith on the next gear update. Her current combo of 'what's available' is abominable. I think that even the dirt-cheap exercise bra CM orange would work better with that skirt. Edited by DomiSotto

@SW_display_name in regards to the male PC being flirted at, I'm not really sure why you said it in the first place. I mean, does it matter in any way? I
Because someone 2 posts above me asked if making your male character a manslattern would invoke creepy whispers from the other direction ... ?

Because someone 2 posts above me asked if making your male character a manslattern would invoke creepy whispers from the other direction ... ?

No I meant why telling them only as a reply to the whispers that you're a female playing a male character? I guess it sort of is a mood point, as you stopped doing that; I'm just curious as to the reason why you did it in the first place. To clear things up or something?

No I meant why telling them only as a reply to the whispers that you're a female playing a male character? I guess it sort of is a mood point, as you stopped doing that; I'm just curious as to the reason why you did it in the first place. To clear things up or something?
Oh, yeah, I figured it would be the fastest way to disappoint them into leaving me alone, lol. You have to understand I'm mega OCD so when I'm playing, I'm focused on playing and don't want to be distracted so I try to end weird convos like that ASAP.

My naïve assumption was that they were attracted to my male character because they assumed an attractive male was at the keyboard, so telling them the truth would immediately end things.

Reality quickly proved that who was at the keyboard seemed low-priority, so I moved on to Plan B, "Say nothing / Be polite". Since I could probably say "Actually I have a BMI of 45, I'm a quadruple-amputee, I have no teeth, and I resemble the Predator facially" and the reaction would apparently be "cool, cyber?"

:(

Someday hopefully enough girls will infiltrate the gaming industry to stop Ken Doll Syndrome in guy characters.

Like I'm not asking for detailed outlines that scare small children, but seeing some lower mass would be pleasant.

No, you don't understand. All male gamers ARE like that. -bp

Oh, yeah, I figured it would be the fastest way to disappoint them into leaving me alone, lol.

Studies have shown that the best way to discourage online communications that you do not like, other than swinging a ban hammer, is to just not respond at all. This was in the context of comments on blogs, where expressing disapproval of a comment increased the probability that the poster would make more such comments. I think it likely the same may apply to chat posts and probably to whispers too.

TL;DR: online, any attention - even negative attention - is better than being ignored.

Oh, yeah, I figured it would be the fastest way to disappoint them into leaving me alone, lol. You have to understand I'm mega OCD so when I'm playing, I'm focused on playing and don't want to be distracted so I try to end weird convos like that ASAP.

My naïve assumption was that they were attracted to my male character because they assumed an attractive male was at the keyboard, so telling them the truth would immediately end things.

Reality quickly proved that who was at the keyboard seemed low-priority, so I moved on to Plan B, "Say nothing / Be polite". Since I could probably say "Actually I have a BMI of 45, I'm a quadruple-amputee, I have no teeth, and I resemble the Predator facially" and the reaction would apparently be "cool, cyber?"

:(

Ah, yes, in that case welcome to the internet, even if a bit belated :)

There is nothing they could implement on a female character's appearance that would make me contact them based on looks. It's a game. The character is not the person. That's just sad that some people are like that.

Sorry for being annoying, but I don't want to open a new thread :)

I'm still curious about Abs R Us gear here. I've took a look at Covert and Extrovert. Covert is Okay, but didn't like Extrovert (hood!). So, Relaxed and Unburdened would be the other key words to search for? Any other ones while I am at it? The Covert on is pretty affordable. Is there anything piraty-like, a shirt with a big collar, opened up wide, maybe jewelry at the neck?

Edited by DomiSotto

If you message a person in game cuz the avatar they designed looks sexy thinking they MIGHT be a girl perhaps you should stop playing this game and go out to find an actual girl. Cuz thats kinda desperate, and guys, girls DO NOT like desperate. They like rediculous confidence. Like always thinking you are the bomb when you are obviously not, for some reason girls LOVE when you have a very high opinion of yourself regardless of reality. It turns them on, no idea why.

So when you message a female toon in game and its ACTUALLY a female they will probably be turned off cuz they are most likely not playing this game to meet guys, and attractive or unattractive even, girls gets hit on all the time. To message them in a game not knowing what they look like IRL means you are a loser who will bang anything that moves. So how about you just dont. ;)

I have had people whisper my skimpy dressed female twilek assassin and I told them for realz I am a slightly overweight hairy middle aged guy. But they dont believe me, its pretty funny. I see what women go through sometimes. lol

Honestly - when I see someone - no matter the gender of the avatar or the player - who has obviously put thought and passion and flair into their outfit and style and appearance, I do quite often wisper them a "cool style" or "nice outfit" or some compliment.

I'm not a girl, I'm not looking for a girl, I'm not gay, not looking for a boy, nothing in between.

I just like it when others share the passion to make their characters as awesome... or contrasty or individual as possible while not ruining the star-wars-genre. When I see blackred revealing-underboobs, I mostly just think "meh" and don't even stop to look. But sometimes you see characters with sets from 'founder days' combined ingeniously with dye and other pieces ... or even clever combinations of CM items... that you can just hear the DUN DUN DUN - DUN - DUNDUN :D (Anyone else find her (Shae Vizla) more sexy than any lea-in-dancers-outfit?)

Take a look at the character screenshot threads! Theres really some awesome stuff there.

Honestly, it's exceptional, rather than self-confident. The guys that exude that psychopathic self-confidence coupled with good looks make my skin crawl. In my youth I had been equally attracted to shy and poetic and the outdoorsy loners. My biggest young love was over 6 feet tall with a broken nose and no winner to a beauty pageant; but I also managed somehow to attract an honest to god blond guy with green eyes (short legs though; nobody's perfect). I ended up marrying a sweet nerd. I find no rhyme and reason when I look back, apart from exceptional and, well, intelligent.

(I love villains that are or sugary and pastel - it makes their villany all the more horrible, becasue they don't look or sound villainous at first and may have very cutesy likes otherwise, Lord Zash, Debbie Jelinsky, Dolores Umbridge just to name a few )

Me, I'm currently going the exact opposite way : I try to build dark, menacing characters who are the exact opposite of what they look like - helpful, friendly, light-sided ... A bit like Sloth from The Goonies.

I have my main Sentinel dressed up like this...

http://s18.postimg.org/lbaaq2fih/swtor_2014_05_01_14_44_44_312.jpg

Where, oh, where did you find a chest like this? Is it adaptive? Or at least modable? Craftable?

Also, do you know if there exist any skirt other then this (can't remember name, got it already on gunslinger): https://i.imgur.com/0hXOO1y.jpg\

To the topic (somehow): I got whispers twice, both on my cyber-human sith jugg, as my boyfriend saw her 'OMG, what did you did to her', so she's not a beauty queen... Can't remember her body type number, I will check it next time I'll play her, but she is huge. Like a tank. (On the side I also made human vanguard with much body, she's wearing blue scalene from gree, one of my guildies asked 'where's her neck').

So, to those whispers... First was on Dormund kaas, someone whispered "hi', "how it's going' etc. and all of a sudden 'do you have a boyfriend?'. Answer 'yes'. Long silence, then 'do you know any girl friends?' Answear 'yes, but they aren't looking for boyfriend in MMO'. An that's it, EOT.

Second, also on dk, while questing 'you looke cute'. And when I stopped and looked around searching for whisperer 'behind you'. I was lvl 15 maybe, that character 50 or smthing, he was following me for a while. And then disappeared.

And that's whole story, don't remember anything more. Also don't know any pattern for those whispers

Where, oh, where did you find a chest like this? Is it adaptive? Or at least modable? Craftable?

Also, do you know if there exist any skirt other then this (can't remember name, got it already on gunslinger): https://i.imgur.com/0hXOO1y.jpg\

I think the chest is Jolee Bindo's. Naga Sadow has a nice skirt. The only other one I can think of is Last Handmaiden, and that has matching tights.

I'm still curious about Abs R Us gear here. I've took a look at Covert and Extrovert. Covert is Okay, but didn't like Extrovert (hood!). So, Relaxed and Unburdened would be the other key words to search for? Any other ones while I am at it? The Covert on is pretty affordable. Is there anything piraty-like, a shirt with a big collar, opened up wide, maybe jewelry at the neck?

Nothing piraty. You might like the Unfettered Trench-coat. Daring Rogue's might work or Causal Vandal, though no collar. If you go for biceps rather than abs, Show-off's Casual is nice as well as Mission Vao's & Canderous Ordo's.

If you like the Unfettered Trenchcoat, make an Empire character on Pot5 and pm me the name. The collection unlock should only be around 60 or 90cc.

I have several female characters. I can't stand stripper gear, so none of them are running around in extrovert or dancer outfits. I occasionally get comments on my Shadow (Miraluka in brown Jedi robes) and my Operative (Chiss with White Scalene gear), but my Sorcerer gets comments all the time. It might be because I deliberately avoided making her "conventionally pretty" and instead decided to make her look intimidating like a proper Sith. She's Rattataki with tons of face tattoos and piercings. I initially planned to avoid showing darkside corruption, but the yellow and black eyes are much more visually striking than her original gray ones since those blended in with her skin.

Here's a close-up.

Here's the whole outfit.

People whisper me all the time. Sometimes it's to compliment her. Sometimes it's to make creepy comments.

Edited by Millardkillmoore

None of my characters have ever been whispered to. I have a body type 1 female rattataki sorceress similar to the poster above me actually, but no one has ever tried to talk to her. She's wearing one of the sexy midriff bearing tops, paired with a long elegant skirt, dyed white and red.

I have characters of all body types, but no one has ever tried to flirt with any of them. That's not a bad thing though. ;) I tend to be kind of quiet and keep to myself, and I never hang out in any of the cantinas. I also don't play any female humans. I don't know if that influences anything or not, but sometimes I suspect that alien races tend to be considered less conventionally attractive.

I have 8 female chars. All classes, both sides, all colours, all species, all body types. All with nice outfits. Nothing sexy, but sets that fit to the character. All with fitting hairstyles. I play since early start. Not once has anyone ever whispered to any of my female chars. Neither to my male chars. Well, at least not the kind of whispers that we talk about here.

I think my chars are quite beautiful - in their own ways. Of course, they all have scars, partially burned faces, implants etc. But that makes them even more loveable (for me).

So, to sum things up: I have absolutely no idea what attracts other players to whisper to female chars. Guess I'm a total sucker when it comes to this. Also, no one ever thought that I am a woman, just because I play a female char. Maybe they can smell it. ;)

My main (female commando) got filmed once for a livestream of whatever channel (about 2 years ago). It was a bit weird because another char kept moving around my char for quite a while. But he told me what he is doing, so it was not that creepy. He said that he films my char, because she looks "so ba(d)dass". :p

Edited by JattaGin

My characters are all female, dressed suitably as fighters/warriors, which is to say I've given no consideration whatsoever to so-called sexiness; though, my characters are classically pretty.

The only time I enter chat is to thank a passerby for a buff, I play solo, though not necessarily by choice; and the guild to which I belong has no other active players. I'm also older than most of the population, and likely fall into the category of 'bad' player. While I occasionally get challenged to random duels, I never get whispered, and rarely invited to group. I'm also very shy, obviously lack confidence in my playing, and I'm quite okay with the lack of whispers.

Whether a toon is male or female doesn't really make any difference to me. i have only ever whispered to people who i saw being helpful to others or to me and/or good player; i want to ask some advice and/or very nice behavior in fp and in daily zones; i see someone loitering around; i ask them if they wanna party up for dailies and if the toon looks like on of my favorite DC character; male-female doesn't matter. but if i follow the question, then the answer will be that if someone creates a toon based on DC characters i will whisper them if i like it but i don't whisper them to say that they botched it.

I just wondered oif only female looking chars get whispers from ... male players ?

Or if female players whisper to male-looking chars as well ?

I'm not sure whether i could make it understandable what I mean, but the question occurred to me whether this is an one-way communication man -> woman or not ... I don't remember any forum entries of men being whispered at by women ...

I just wondered oif only female looking chars get whispers from ... male players ?

Or if female players whisper to male-looking chars as well ?

I'm not sure whether i could make it understandable what I mean, but the question occurred to me whether this is an one-way communication man -> woman or not ... I don't remember any forum entries of men being whispered at by women ...

The male character whispered at by female characters has been mentioned several times in this thread, but that's not your question if I understand you right. Instead you ask for female players (as in person sitting in front of the computer) whispering "creepy" messages, correct?

I suppose there isn't really much of a gender discrepancy in itself, but because there are way more male players in the game than female it just happens to be skewed towards males. As far as I know, MMOs in general are still dominated by males (70/30 I'd guess) and the females that do play are generally more mature or do stand out less. That last part obviously is not substantiated but more of a hunch based on my personal experiences.

@DomiSotto just so you know, not every extrovert is hooded (or rather some have the hood just hanging down the back). I don't think there's a difference in the naming though. slightly annoying, I know.