what elements of female character appearance would get you to whisper them

Jeweledleah

The male character whispered at by female characters has been mentioned several times in this thread, but that's not your question if I understand you right. Instead you ask for female players (as in person sitting in front of the computer) whispering "creepy" messages, correct?

Partly.

In RL, it's usually men talking to women, and it's - as far as I've understood it - usually assumed for men to do "the first step" in terms of flirting etc.

The other way round is something I don't remember being "normal", or maybe I'm just blind to that.

My theory is, that this is kind of transported into the MMO : That men (sitting behind the PC) playing avatars within the game are rather responding (through whispers) to female-looking avatars, assuming or guessing that these might be (hopefully :D ) played by female gamers as well -

- and in this action, the "first step" principle is repeated again - transported into an completely different medium (MMO + avatar vs. avatar).

So, what I meant there with my question is : Is it common or uncommon of female players (sitting behgind the PC) who are playing avatars within the game to whisper to male-looking avatars ?

And, there is another question embedded there as well : Are female gamers assuming or guessing that male-looking avatars might be played by RL men as well ?

In the end, boils down to this : Is RL flirt behaviour be transported into an MMO emnvironment ?

It's a bit too complex for me to formulate this in words so that it's clear what I mean, I fear.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@DomiSotto just so you know, not every extrovert is hooded (or rather some have the hood just hanging down the back). I don't think there's a difference in the naming though. slightly annoying, I know.

OOOH. good to know! Hoods are a no-no, lekku and all. I think I am just going to get the Gray Bra - cheap, effective, doesn't clip the lek.... I saw the cute vest Show-Off Casual, but need to see how it looks on a male av.

So, I have characters in varying states of dress and modesty, and they pretty much all get whispers when my boyfriend's not logged on. XD So creepy. I'ts like they know.

This INCLUDES my body type 4 Twi'lek who I keep in a slave outfit by the way. So no, keeping your characters in skimpy things doesn't dissuade people, unfortunately. I'm usually just polite and say, 'Thank you!' and be on my way.

Partly.

In RL, it's usually men talking to women, and it's - as far as I've understood it - usually assumed for men to do "the first step" in terms of flirting etc. The other way round is something I don't remember being "normal", or maybe I'm just blind to that.

I once had a naked woman sit on my lap and start flirting with me. My then-fiance, now wife, was sitting across the room trying very hard not to laugh. We were all friends so it was just good silly fun. Might not be what other people would consider normal, but it was the 80s and things were different back then.

OOOH. good to know! Hoods are a no-no, lekku and all.

I saw a female Twi'lek dancing in a Marka Ragnos Crown on the fleet yesterday. The crown worked unexpectedly well with the lekku, looking like upward extensions of each lek. Kudos to the player who dared to try that, whoever they were.

Edited by BuriDogshin

Good to know about the lekku! I kind of prefer my Twi'leks to have their heads unadorned though, the natural beauty of the species showing of... I kindda like the look of a Relaxed Jumpsuit as well. Oh, well, dat godawful crystal first! :) Edited by DomiSotto