DP 16SM Tyrans - simplification is killing every person that gets it with 2.7

azurecrayon

Yeah it did add a little freshness to the fight. It made healing a lot more intense, but I enjoyed the fight overall.

That being said, I'm really surprised there hasn't been recent word from BW on this one. It's a pretty big 'bug' that affects a lot of raiders.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they keep the mechanic present. Definitely livened up an otherwise same as always fight. Would be even better if they debuff didn't always apply so there would be even more raid awareness required.

Just because it "livened up the fight" doesn't mean it should be there, it is obviously a bug for it to apply to Story Mode, that is a very high bar to set for story mode and likely even too high for hard mode, especially when people did hard mode for months getting the set gear without it to add it now and make it 10 times harder for people who just leveled up new characters to get the same gear everyone else had.

If they want to add that as a nightmare mechanic, I am ok with that if they increase the time on that debuff slightly, the way it stands now, having the tank place the simplification on the proper square and drop down and click the datacron is extremely tight, and as I said on Jug/Guardians who have no force speed or hydraulic override to help them get to the datacron faster it is very very easy to die. Even just changing the datacron to instant click instead of a channel would help. My group has been full clearing both hard modes for weeks now, but this bug caused me to die several times even with dropping down, because the channel time on the datacron had me die while clicking it. Especially with the server not updating the same as the client and sometimes not having position different positions to what the player sees and where the server things you are makes clicking on things of that nature with very short window of time difficult.

I would hope we could get more of a response from bioware then we are looking into this, something to the affect it is happening and is or isn't a bug and will be corrected within x time. It is extremely easy to reproduce on any server in any mode.

A dismantler one shotted our dps when did first knock back.

We quit after that happened.

No bugs in DF, this is normal hard mode mechanic, I cleared DF 8m HM twice in the last 2 days on different characters as tank and dps and all the fights worked as normal. A DPS needs to get agro first and tank taunt off after the knock back to prevent knocked back person from being hit.

This is correct. It is a bug and is going to be addressed in 2.7.1. :tran_smile:

How about work on imbalance? And start to change things in 2.7.1

The way you do, this game will never be balanced. Two 'corrections' within an year. I don't know if you know, to balance things you need to change things constantly, by a little till it get balanced.

I hope they keep the mechanic present. Definitely livened up an otherwise same as always fight. Would be even better if they debuff didn't always apply so there would be even more raid awareness required.

Its a NiM mode mechanic, not SM. High raid awareness is for HM and NiIM, not SM. You want a livened up fight, do it in HM. This kind of stuff doesn't belong in SM. Not only that, it was never there before and is an obvious bug. They can't just add new mechanics to SM ops 6 months later.

Furthermore, Bioware needs to fix the damage output in 8 man VS 16m, because some fights in DP and DF hit harder in 8 man than 16 man, and some hit harder in 16 man than 8 man. It needs to be consistent. It's illogical to make 8 man hit harder than 16 man.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Just because it "livened up the fight" doesn't mean it should be there, it is obviously a bug for it to apply to Story Mode, that is a very high bar to set for story mode and likely even too high for hard mode, especially when people did hard mode for months getting the set gear without it to add it now and make it 10 times harder for people who just leveled up new characters to get the same gear everyone else had.

If they want to add that as a nightmare mechanic, I am ok with that if they increase the time on that debuff slightly, the way it stands now, having the tank place the simplification on the proper square and drop down and click the datacron is extremely tight, and as I said on Jug/Guardians who have no force speed or hydraulic override to help them get to the datacron faster it is very very easy to die. Even just changing the datacron to instant click instead of a channel would help. My group has been full clearing both hard modes for weeks now, but this bug caused me to die several times even with dropping down, because the channel time on the datacron had me die while clicking it. Especially with the server not updating the same as the client and sometimes not having position different positions to what the player sees and where the server things you are makes clicking on things of that nature with very short window of time difficult.

I would hope we could get more of a response from bioware then we are looking into this, something to the affect it is happening and is or isn't a bug and will be corrected within x time. It is extremely easy to reproduce on any server in any mode.

I agree it shouldn't be in SM/HM. It was fun...but it shouldn't be there since it hadn't been previously. I totally disagree that the timer should increase for NiM. We cleared it our third attempt with one tank that's never even done the normal HM version(he's usually dps) and we had double Guardians. NiM is supposed to be tight :)

This is correct. It is a bug and is going to be addressed in 2.7.1. :tran_smile:

@TaitWatson, are you actually kidding me?

Previously in the year the Devs stated that patch updates will only be coming once every 3 weeks, which therefore means 2.7.1 isn't for another 2.5 weeks.

We have been clearing DF/DP HM on farm for a while, but we still have people that need gear from DP HM in order to comfortably go into NiM DF.

Pick your act up and sort your s*** out so that we don't have to do a buggy fight with mechanics that shouldn't even be in the game whatsoever for another 2 months, alright?

Cheers.

Edited by MahBoyDray

Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds? People still need to farm HM DP and now they have to worry about a NiM mechanic to clear it? AND story mode too? AND you aren't fixing it until 2 and a half weeks from now? What a fail. Horrible customer service.

Yes, clearly it's a bug, but it's been an enjoyable one. I will be sad to see it go as something to give a little extra challenge even when doing SM to help gear guildies. I don't like bone-crushing mechanics, I just like fights that offer extra challenges without simply becoming gear/DPS/Heal checks.

It's quite a fun bug, in my opinion. It's also pretty nifty that Tyrans is now doing something he has been doing last fight all along. It took us a couple of attempts before getting him down with the NiM Mechanic bug. Kept the healers on their toes, that's for sure.

I dont think they're aware that its not only Storymode. IT is also happening in HM. And like the other person said before, people still need to farm DP, and it's not fair to them having to deal with a whole new mechanic, and possibly not clearing the fight because bioware messed it up with the patch. totally unfair. It's pretty much a lost week for those groups that started late.. and still need to be farming relics/ and mainhand for NiM. I dont wanna hear elitist saying, "Oh, just deal with it get better healers so they can jump down and click the relic to remove the debuff," just to put stroke their own own e'peen. When TFB was bugged devs fixed it right away, now i read people have to wait 2 and a half weeks before going back into DP?!? THAT, sir, is Asinine.

Edited by Iwearclothes

Please tell me that 2.7.1 is Tuesday, because we really don't want to deal with this for another week. Maybe you guys don't understand how annoying it is? You know it's on all versions of the game, hard mode, story mode, 8-man and 16-man, right?

I dont wanna hear elitist saying, "Oh, just deal with it get better healers so they can jump down and click the relic to remove the debuff," just to put stroke their own own e'peen.

I like how automatically the people who have clears and comment on this are the ones who are stroking their epeens. Sounds like jealousy speaking. If you have the coordination and raid awarness for HM, this NiM Mechanic is barely a hiccup.

But I do hope they fix it shortly. I'm excited to see this fight in NiM now, though.

There's something Fishy going on with DP SM Bestia too. I've ran it with two pugs now and the amount of spit seems to have doubled, or even tripled, from pre-2.7. People were dying like flies.

I agree, I don't know if the last two pug groups (an overall of over 25 unknown players) I had all sucked, but it felt like there was more pressure on the group as a whole, does she drop more pink circles?

There's something Fishy going on with DP SM Bestia too. I've ran it with two pugs now and the amount of spit seems to have doubled, or even tripled, from pre-2.7. People were dying like flies.

Was it like HM damage out put? I try not to do SM DP when I can, and especially not with pugs. I also hate the color change. But that's just me.

If this bug is not fixed by Tuesday I will be unsubbing, thats absolutely ridiculous that you would let such a blatant bug exist in game for that long, I was shocked that it wasn't fixed Tuesday night. No other MMO that I've ever played has left a bug that blatant in their top tier raid for over 24 hours. Normally they just do a hotfix that night after peak hours, if its a big enough bug they might even do it during peak hours. To go an entire week and still not fix it? That sir is pure laziness, I will not continue to give money to people who are too lazy to care about the product that they put forth.

If this bug is not fixed by Tuesday I will be unsubbing, thats absolutely ridiculous that you would let such a blatant bug exist in game for that long, I was shocked that it wasn't fixed Tuesday night. No other MMO that I've ever played has left a bug that blatant in their top tier raid for over 24 hours. Normally they just do a hotfix that night after peak hours, if its a big enough bug they might even do it during peak hours. To go an entire week and still not fix it? That sir is pure laziness, I will not continue to give money to people who are too lazy to care about the product that they put forth.

*Neil Degrasse Tyson pic*

Welcome to online gaming, where bugs happen. By all means though, jump ship every time something comes up in your current MMO, etc, and let us know how that works out for you.

Edited by Prototypemind