Frequently Asked PvP Questions

EricMusco

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been following this thread pretty closely. Im patiently waiting for someone from BW to respond to this thread and tell us all that they have seen our complaints, understand our concerns and "people, we are listening to you".

Eric, or whomever from BW is monitoring this thread; wake up! You initiated this thread not much more than 24 hours ago and we are at 38 pages of responses. True that many folks have posted multiple times, but count the number of people unsubbing as a direct result of your post. What do you not get about all of this?

Believe me now when I say that you had better pay close attention to what you are being told here and now. If you do not, you might as well prepare to go thru the steps of yet another great server merge. The populations of at least the big PvP servers are going to be barren by the sounds of it. Im from The Ebon Hawk and while our PvP community isn't that big, it will impact the server population significantly. I foresee at least all East Coast Norht American servers combing; same with Westcoast.

I, like many others that have posted here, have been in this game since launch. I am not unsubbing. At least not yet. I am clinging to a shred of common sense I figure someone at Bioware must have to fix this garbage and fix it quick. The PvP community has been neglected for long enough. Do you not believe what you are being told here over and over again? I am at a loss for words. Cannot believe you can ignore what is unfolding right here and now before you eyes.

Ps. If you are going to say no to everything that is frequently asked about by the community you need to put a light at the end of the tunnel that says you do have more planned for us this year, and mean it.

This is Warhammer Online fiasco all over again.

Big bang the first month, then an endless descent to the land of irrelevance. Devs are fired, nothing is said, gross class imbalances linger for years, outdoor PvP is laggy.

Exactly like in Warhammer, which shared some devs with SWTOR as well.

The end will also be as unceremonious as Warhammer. "In 1 month we'll turn off the lights and all your efforts will be lost. Have a nice day and don't forget to pay for some more EA products!"

This is the age of everyone gets a trophy

Once in sport only the best the players that put the effort in were rewarded now we have this mentality

That just because I zone it to a warzone I should be rewarded

Edited by Ren_simp

I have been following this thread pretty closely. Im patiently waiting for someone from BW to respond to this thread and tell us all that they have seen our complaints, understand our concerns and "people, we are listening to you".

Eric, or whomever from BW is monitoring this thread; wake up! You initiated this thread not much more than 24 hours ago and we are at 38 pages of responses. True that many folks have posted multiple times, but count the number of people unsubbing as a direct result of your post. What do you not get about all of this?

Believe me now when I say that you had better pay close attention to what you are being told here and now. If you do not, you might as well prepare to go thru the steps of yet another great server merge. The populations of at least the big PvP servers are going to be barren by the sounds of it. Im from The Ebon Hawk and while our PvP community isn't that big, it will impact the server population significantly. I foresee at least all East Coast Norht American servers combing; same with Westcoast.

I, like many others that have posted here, have been in this game since launch. I am not unsubbing. At least not yet. I am clinging to a shred of common sense I figure someone at Bioware must have to fix this garbage and fix it quick. The PvP community has been neglected for long enough. Do you not believe what you are being told here over and over again? I am at a loss for words. Cannot believe you can ignore what is unfolding right here and now before you eyes.

Its more likely that this thread will be gone by Monday morning when they all come back to work.

Hey folks!

I thought I might pop in and add some clarification around some of what we said, and why.

Our first goal in this post was quite simple, transparency. We completely understand the frustration around quite a few of our answers. We know that some folks want to see ...

... is not everything that everyone wants. To reiterate, we aren't saying "no" to your questions, we are simply just saying "not at this time." I know it may not seem that way, but these two things are different. I know many of your are frustrated and I hope this adds a little bit of clarity to where we are coming from.

-eric

Musco, your company's change in communication with us and your transparency is much, much appreciated. I think sooner would have been great, but it's never too late. I was very impressed with the chatter between the devs and the players in the Wrath thread on PTS forums, as well, and so I just resubbed so I can come here and post. I'm back on 3 month recurring.

Thanks for finally talking to us, keep it up.

Musco, your company's change in communication with us and your transparency is much, much appreciated. I think sooner would have been great, but it's never too late. I was very impressed with the chatter between the devs and the players in the Wrath thread on PTS forums, as well, and so I just resubbed so I can come here and post. I'm back on 3 month recurring.

Thanks for finally talking to us, keep it up.

You sound like a hostage. Are you ok?

I love this thread , here is my contribution:

http://postimg.org/image/qogqd2ol9/

I used to come, see if something has improve and leave , this time could be the last.

Not even bother to say the reasons, no matters to anyone, my sub can be dimed with 3 packs buyed by a kid from Cartel Market! , the real thing in this game.

to encourage me to never come back I presented all my not binded items to guild also all my credits, maybe I should delete the toons too but i would like to see the new cargo bay in 3D they called housing.

what I don't get is, you guys got these same messages over and over repeatedly in posts across time again and again, yet when its all in one thread everyone goes la riots on us, I am wondering how someone did not riot earlier.

also at least Musco had the decency to give us answers instead of just leaving us in the dark on this stuff, can't blame him for the decisions of the pvp team at least he is being decent to the people he is responsible for talking to.

what I don't get is, you guys got these same messages over and over repeatedly in posts across time again and again, yet when its all in one thread everyone goes la riots on us, I am wondering how someone did not riot earlier.

also at least Musco had the decency to give us answers instead of just leaving us in the dark on this stuff, can't blame him for the decisions of the pvp team at least he is being decent to the people he is responsible for talking to.

Because it was a bunch of "no" answers all at once. After a year of having a slimmer of hope that something might change I believe this thread was just the last straw for most.

As others have pointed out in this thread, basically every major concern in PvP he slapped a big "NO" on, all in one post.

It just confirms what many of us have speculated at: the dev team has no real plans for advancing PvP content in the next year.

Because after years of helping supporting this game, defending this game against people who said this games pv

was dieing, I finally realized the the company does not care enough.

I love that we got feedback and I love the transparency. I just now know for sure that the creation of a successful pvp system is not something that will be a priority anytime in the near future because they have other priorities.

I knew pvp was never going to be the selling point of this game. But I also expected some change especially with the success of the cartel market making over 100 mill in rev.

Rated wzs are definitely not going to be fixed by letting any and everyone into them. They won't be fixed by letting random people get grouped together just for a queue pop. These are some reasons why the queue pops are slow in the first place.

I've said before but a subscription is only $15 month which is nothing. If it is not worth the price of going to the movies it is not worth it. And it is just about at the point for me. Between answering no to all FAQ, no gameplan for future pvp besides 1 wz, cross-server not being an option because there are other things you would rather spend resources on, and even taking away fun aspects of classes(knockdown on assassin,OP) because of whiners, and them not fixing my bloody Sorc healer since 2.0 I am having less and less fun.

I'm psyched that WildStar has an official release date. That being said, a toast to better times. This game has been amazingly fun for a long period of time, but the prospect of absolutely no new pvp material in the foreseeable future is just too disheartening to swallow. Such an unbelievably massive bummer. *********** hell EA. Edited by Aristore

Because after years of helping supporting this game, defending this game against people who said this games pv

was dieing, I finally realized the the company does not care enough.

I love that we got feedback and I love the transparency. I just now know for sure that the creation of a successful pvp system is not something that will be a priority anytime in the near future because they have other priorities.

I knew pvp was never going to be the selling point of this game. But I also expected some change especially with the success of the cartel market making over 100 mill in rev.

Rated wzs are definitely not going to be fixed by letting any and everyone into them. They won't be fixed by letting random people get grouped together just for a queue pop. These are some reasons why the queue pops are slow in the first place.

I've said before but a subscription is only $15 month which is nothing. If it is not worth the price of going to the movies it is not worth it. And it is just about at the point for me. Between answering no to all FAQ, no gameplan for future pvp besides 1 wz, cross-server not being an option because there are other things you would rather spend resources on, and even taking away fun aspects of classes(knockdown on assassin,OP) because of whiners, and them not fixing my bloody Sorc healer since 2.0 I am having less and less fun.

Agreed that the communication and transparency is great. It is why this company still has my respect even though the game will shortly be losing my sub. Being open about your roadmap is the way it should be. Players should know what they are paying for and supporting.

honestly if gsf was had stronger competitive system I might stay on just for that. Not being able to use my joystick, not having ship collision, and not allowing strafing bothers me to a point that I can only view gsf as arcade like fun. I had hoped for something a bit more like planetside air combat but with capital ships in space and things like that.

I still have high hopes for this game. I can't deny the potential! The foundation for some epic pvp is right here just waiting to be unleashed by the designers.

Just hoping this was a troll thread. 10/10 Eric.

EAware doesn't have the resources for trolling.

And your sorc used to be a healer, too?

Bibidi, my brother, will our paths ever cross when we've both given up on this game?

My sub's running out in September only because it renewed about a week ago...

So I'll have this forever dwindling PvP to keep me busy here if Wildstar ends up not being the godsend of PVP MMORPGs, until Destiny comes out.

Woo Destiny!

:(