*** is the point with all the half-naked gear?

Chuhu

I remember when Revenge of the Sith was released. I went to work after the weekend and asked if anyone else went and saw it. The first thing the guys brought up in the conversation was the bewbs on a random twi'lek in a white dress walking up some stairs. For some people, that's what its all about. Edited by Test_Eagle

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am surprised we have not yet seen the male "banana hammock" set get released yet... :eek:

Joking aside, I am ok with it, my wife loves it.... sex sells, its a fact.

I am ok with it for others to enjoy, for my own personal game immersion, I do not put any of my toons in that stuff. I want to feel like I am playing Star Wars, not Skimp Wars. But, that don't mean others should be deprived.

Edited by Themanthatisi

I am surprised we have not yet seen the male "banana hammock" set get released yet... :eek:

Well, still no thongs, either. Maybe they need to include a beach planet? Oh wait, we have one. Tat. Just, there isn't any water on that beach. Where's my cocktail with the little umbrella?

I like them, not always but they have a place, just as I like some of the more iconic sets.

What I'd really like are more choices. Move all the miscellaneous butt flap type doodads to the belt pieces. Add more tops like Mira's and the armor Satele wears, feminine without being trashy and without looking like an old hag wearing crap from the Galactic Salvation Army thrift store. And add in more simple everything armor for all archetypes, basic shapes and silhouettes in primary colors without making everything look like a cross between Inspector Gadget and a Transformer.

My biggest pet peeve is that so many possible nice tops in this game are totally ruined with butt and crotch flaps and other miscelaious doodads that I can't reasonably match a nice top with some simple pants or skirt without horrid clipping or clashing colors.

Edited by DawnAskham

My biggest pet peeve is that so many possible nice tops in this game are totally ruined with butt and crotch flaps and other miscelaious doodads that I can't reasonably match a nice top with some simple pants or skirt without horrid clipping or clashing colors.

Good point, and as an example, the new Sadow set top clips really bad with the lower skirt, which is made for that set. It is actually so bad, I do not think the skirt will be used by many. However, with pants, the top looks great... All they needed to do for the skirt to work is remove that flap that drops from the top.

Edited by Themanthatisi

if bioware is forcing our character(s) to wear skimpy armour , then its natural to protest ..

but if other people wearing if just for fun or whatever reason , isnt it their right ?

Nobody is denying players their right to wear what they'd like...the OP was just commenting that he's sick of it. He is just as entitled to that opinion as anyone else is to wear whatever they want.

Somewhat related thread to skimpy gear:

The other day I was playing my female marauder who is in the relaxed uniform and magnificent dancer bottoms. I was interacting with a vendor and got the following whisper from a nearby player:

<random player>: I have to say you have a very attractive toon. I realize in real life you probably don't look anything like this, and in fact probably have big hairy ****s. But whatever, your toon looks nice.

<Me>: Thanks for making me laugh out loud, really hard.

<random player> Oh, no problem!

Somewhat related thread to skimpy gear:

The other day I was playing my female marauder who is in the relaxed uniform and magnificent dancer bottoms. I was interacting with a vendor and got the following whisper from a nearby player:

<random player>: I have to say you have a very attractive toon. I realize in real life you probably don't look anything like this, and in fact probably have big hairy ****s. But whatever, your toon looks nice.

<Me>: Thanks for making me laugh out loud, really hard.

<random player> Oh, no problem!

That's better than the directly offensive comments or flirtations that some people throw out there.

Perhaps they have not gone far enough. Perhaps it's time for full-naked gear.

Think about it. In a galaxy of a hundred billion or more stars, and a planet of each type apparently, there must be a nudist colony planet, right? The devs should implement that right away!

I wonder if they'll enforce that only Body Type 4 can go there to be consistent with real-world nudist colony denizens. :eek:

Edited by DarthTHC

Think about it. In a galaxy of a hundred billion or more stars, and a planet of each type apparently, there must be a nudist colony planet, right? The devs should implement that right away!

I wonder if they'll enforce that only Body Type 4 can go there to be consistent with real-world nudist colony denizens. :eek:

That was a feature of PvP at one time. Naked was BIS.

This makes me think of some classic Sci Fi.

So many middle-aged men in the 1950s got away with writing entire planets full of beautiful people in perfect shape running around stark naked because "they fight a lot and the weather is hot."

Edited by Khevar