*** is the point with all the half-naked gear?

Chuhu

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you care? You aren't forced to wear it? I'm confused why you hate it?

The problem is people would like these items without the needless holes in them, it's a borderline insult. I've seen threads begging for some of these items, but instead they release them skank-ified. But fear not community, they'll release the items with all of their virtual cloth at a later date for a "nominal fee".

It can now be made official...

Star Wars has the most prudish and naïve fans in the history of fantasy/science fiction.

Where have you people been for the... I don't know... last 100 years of scifi/fantasy literature?

Watching VeggieTales?

And you see nothing antagonistic about that urge? When I go to the beach, I expect to see bikinis. When I go to the mall or a restaurant, I expect to see shirts and shoes. If I were to go to a battlefield, the last thing I'd expect to see some shoeless chick in her underwear...it's about immersion and objects in our environment can easily break that immersion.

when I go to different planets, I expect to see different wild life. not the same beasties copied over and over to every planet that even have the same names.

Tell me... when was the last time you saw our soldiers wear bikinis and swimsuits OFF the battlefield?

If you don't like it, don't use it. Others like it.

When you like something and others don't, then use it. And be happy that others don't clamor for BioWare to remove it.

Life can be so simple!

also, when we change clothes, it doesnt cost us 50k dollars just to change shirt and pants

also, when we change clothes, it doesnt cost us 50k dollars just to change shirt and pants

If I had magic pants that made me 6 times stronger, gave me perfect accuracy, made me 20 times more resistant to damage, and I could make 100k in an hour of easy work, I'd happily spend 50k to change my clothes.

Edited by Khevar

When was the last time you saw our soldiers....

- Conquer a firearm-wielding enemy with a sword.

- Use firearms with a range of 10m.

- Heal with space magic.

- Kill with space magic.

- Stun with space magic.

- Block energy weapons with swords.

- Not use amor or air power when massively superior armor and air power are available.

- Get completely blocked by a 4 foot high wall.

- Build drones with wheels and half an inch of ground clearance.

- Wear capes or bathrobes into battle.

- Build rocket/jet powered vehicles with no armor, windscreens, or even seats.

- Encounter enemies who are oblivious to their presence.

- Resurrect the dead.

- Ride beasts into battle.

and so on...

I want to start selling ladders on the GTN..I should make a killing selling these miraculous new tools

I guess all people are different. Wow, there's a shock. ;)

I don't have a problem with skimpy clothing *options*. My Assassin's currently running with the unfettered trenchcoat and the regal apparel miniskirt, so fairly skimpy, but she'd be less topless if there were a non-random pack adaptive version of that trenchcoat available with a decent looking top under it. As for the skirt- well, she wears that particular one because I gave her 'prefers to be barefoot and feel the world she's on' as a character quirk, and barefoot with the last handmaiden style leggings just doesn't work. I could put her in trousers, but having waited so long for an actual non-floor length skirt to come up, I'm going to wear it. At Dark V, her attitude is pretty much going to be "Oh, by all means let yourself be distracted by the skin. It'll let me get close enough to... have you *met* my saber yet?" anyway, so why not?

The same coat with the 'casual' simple trousers from the intergalactic privateer set serves my Consular well, on the other side, although in her case, if some Republic officer were to complain about her dress code it's more "Yeah. I'm a *Shadow*. As in I work in the shadows, in secret. So, er, no, I'm not going to show up in formal Jedi robes, because, yes "Nar Shaddaa street punk" *was* the look I was going for, thanks General, and if you don't like it, go find someone else to do your dirty work instead."

What I don't like is *not* having the option. Outfits that are fully covering on men, but bare-midriff and sleeveless on women. Especially as they're frequently outfits whose cut and style utterly fails to *fit* being skimpy. I've said this before, but bare-midriff hooded robes... that drop on *Hoth*?!

I understand that people have a right to dress their characters the way they want but just because someone may ask why or doesn't like it doesn't mean we should call them a prude.

They have a right not to like it just like you have the right to like it.

Everyone needs to be able to state their opinion whether or not you agree to it or not. It seems to me when someone disagrees with the skimpy clothing they automatically get called a prude or something. We all need to learn to respect each other opinions whether we agree with them or not.

One of my best friends uses some of the skimpy clothing and I respect her opinion and her right to do so just as she respects my right and opinion not to do so yet neither of us resorts to this sort of behavior. We have enough respect and courtesy for each other to be understanding of the other's opinion.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

Why do you care? You aren't forced to wear it? I'm confused why you hate it?

There could be more options for actually good-looking gear. Its not like SWTOR has an abundance of it.

They make aircraft carrier sized elevators in the middle of nowhere to a "base" that consists of a few tents from the 14th century.

ROFLMAO, so true.

Welcome to star wars.

Edited by Karkais

There could be more options for actually good-looking gear. Its not like SWTOR has an abundance of it..

IMO there is a lot good looking gear, starting with Valiant Jedi and other cool cartel armors, and there is also good-looking non-cartel armors. Also Dashing Hero at least looks IMO great, as female, well as male not that great, but ok

right, because every single one of those posts is demanding for skimpy gear, every one who viewed that thread also wants skimpy gear.

Of course not, but if you had bothered to read through the entire thread you would have noticed that the complaints are few and far between.

So yeah, MOST of the views and posts are pro skimpy gear.

When was the last time you saw our soldiers....

- Conquer a firearm-wielding enemy with a sword.

- Use firearms with a range of 10m.

- Heal with space magic.

- Kill with space magic.

- Stun with space magic.

- Block energy weapons with swords.

- Not use amor or air power when massively superior armor and air power are available.

- Get completely blocked by a 4 foot high wall.

- Build drones with wheels and half an inch of ground clearance.

- Wear capes or bathrobes into battle.

- Build rocket/jet powered vehicles with no armor, windscreens, or even seats.

- Encounter enemies who are oblivious to their presence.

- Resurrect the dead.

- Ride beasts into battle.

and so on...

Oh I almost never agree with CosmicKat (in fact we have been described as polar opposites) but on this one I do.

That was hilarious :)

I understand that people have a right to dress their characters the way they want but just because someone may ask why or doesn't like it doesn't mean we should call them a prude.

They have a right not to like it just like you have the right to like it.

Everyone needs to be able to state their opinion whether or not you agree to it or not. It seems to me when someone disagrees with the skimpy clothing they automatically get called a prude or something. We all need to learn to respect each other opinions whether we agree with them or not.

One of my best friends uses some of the skimpy clothing and I respect her opinion and her right to do so just as she respects my right and opinion not to do so yet neither of us resorts to this sort of behavior. We have enough respect and courtesy for each other to be understanding of the other's opinion.

Oh I agree, except the thread was made with the intent of either -

A. Starting an argument.

B. Starting an argument.

Or

C. ... See A and B.

See the difference between you, your friend and the OP, is that... well you said it yourself, you don't resort to this sort of behavior. You quietly accept one anothers feelings on the matter and move on, unlike the OP who just had to have his opinion broadcast on the forum in a way that would invite such comments. Is the OP a prude? Hard to tell online really. Would a prude loudly proclaim their opinion and disrespect others thoughts or feelings on the matter? Most definitely.

Also "*** is the point of all the half-naked gear?" and "or do you have a 14 years old designer with hormoes running?" are not exactly opinions.

There could be more options for actually good-looking gear. Its not like SWTOR has an abundance of it.

Just gonna leave this qoute here from another poster on a different, albeit, similar thread.

Let's see.... using http://www.tor-fashion.com as our reference, we see that there are 1057 sets of armor in SWTOR.

Of those, 55 are classed as 'Revealing.'

Of those 55, only 17 are actually 'revealing' when worn on a male character. (For example, the Sensuous Dress or the Aspiring Knight/Warrior have completely different appearances when worn by males.)

And yet this minuscule selection of clothing has generated an insane amount of negative reaction, all with the same style of complaints: That there are too many of them. What comes across is that even one set of armor that reveals 'too much' (male) skin is too many, and that all efforts should instead be expended on other types of clothing that does not show any skin at all. This is slightly ridiculous, if you look at the numbers rather than just at the exposed skin.

Each one of the recent cartel packs has included one or two revealing sets that can be used by both males and females. Previously, revealing clothes only worked on female characters with the sole exception of the relaxed sets, which were not followed by revealing outfits that males could wear for some time.

The newest set contains 13 outfits, and 2 of those are revealing (as in, the chest is visible). None of them have short skirts. You could consider the Mission Vao lore outfit to be revealing, based on the lack of sleeves. That's still not a majority of the pack, and that's still in line with the ratio established in previous packs. That is, one or two revealing outfits, possibly with one more that is only revealing on females. The overwhelming majority of armor from the cartel market and in the game covers the full body. There will always be significantly more revealing armor for female characters, unless they release armor specifically for males to make up the difference and create so that it is less revealing on females.

In conclusion, there are plenty of clothing choices available in game that are not revealing, if you take the time to stop staring at all the exposed skin

Over a thousand pieces of gear and we're lacking abundance.

Edited by Darth-Rion

I can see the point to both sides of this, yes it's getting silly the amount of new armour with holes cut out just to see half a cartoon ****, but some people like it and of course people are free to wear that they want in-game. and Bioware will always add items in the cartel packs to give them the most sales possible.

It's not hard to work out that this gear is aimed at the younger generation of male players, 13-16, the type who sit crossed legged at their desks, play Second Life and get off looking at pixelated *****.

Me, I'd rather see some actual NEW outfits, that are not just old stuff with the middle cut out. Some real Star Wars style outfits.

wow, didn't expect them to edit the word bo ob.

Edited by Natan

I can see the point to both sides of this, yes it's getting silly the amount of new armour with holes cut out just to see half a cartoon ****, but some people like it and of course people are free to wear that they want in-game. and Bioware will always add items in the cartel packs to give them the most sales possible.

It's not hard to work out that this gear is aimed at the younger generation of male players, 13-16, the type who sit crossed legged at their desks, play Second Life and get off looking at pixelated *****.

Me, I'd rather see some actual NEW outfits, that are not just old stuff with the middle cut out. Some real Star Wars style outfits.

wow, didn't expect them to edit the word bo ob.

You are seeing new outfits, 11 to be precise, that haven't been skimpified, in the new pack.

You are seeing new outfits, 11 to be precise, that haven't been skimpified, in the new pack.

I can see 3 new, Mission Vao, Saul Karath and the Beserker set. the rest are just reskins of old outfits. which are only added to fill up the new packs.