*** is the point with all the half-naked gear?

Chuhu

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sry, I really can't see any point in these half-naked gear you have released in the latest packed. Isen't this a game with combat and not a beach party game? Or do you have a 14 years old designer with hormones running..

It is just stupid. :eek:

A. Princess Leia was in the same outfits during Return of the Jedi and nobody complained, kid movie and all.

B. I'm a 40 yr. old man and my hormones are running.

C. Pick a Miley Cyrus video (any of them) and you'll see more flesh and simulated **** than you will ever see in this game.

D. Stop being a Prude

E. If your that friggin offended, cancel your sub, give me your stuff and thank your personal God that this game does have some decent designs and creative flexibility instead of the completely sterile world you want to live in.

Sry, I really can't see any point in these half-naked gear you have released in the latest packed. Isen't this a game with combat and not a beach party game?

Please stop talking about combat and skimpy outfits in the same breath as if there is some logical connection between the two. There isn't. As a matter of fact, those of you who are trying so hard to paint a connection between the two should probably look back to our very own history and get educated.

The fact is that not every warrior go into battle wearing a full suit of plate/chainmail/banded armor like those medieval knights or Roman legions. African tribes (Maasai/Zulu/etc), Polynesians (Samoans/Tongans/etc), Native Americans (Mayan/Aztecans/Apache/etc), Germanic/Gauls, Mongols/Huns, just to name a few, all wore little to no armor in battle. Heck, the Scottish "highland warriors" went to war wearing kilts for crying out loud.

Even in the modern time the vast majority of wars are fought by combatants wearing nothing but fabric and *maybe* a steel helmet. Body armor like flak jackets, kevlar or ballistic ceramic vests are only available to the select few solders from certain countries.

Edited by Oneirophrenia

There's 2 points to the half-naked gear:

1. People were requesting them. They don't necessarily want **** gear, but something that shows a bit of skin was wanted. For example, more skirts would be nice, and not loin cloths.

2. They are easy to make since it is just taking existing outfits and removing a bit. SImilar to how they make "new" outfits by just changing the colors around.

Sry, I really can't see any point in these half-naked gear you have released in the latest packed. Isen't this a game with combat and not a beach party game? Or do you have a 14 years old designer with hormones running..

It is just stupid. :eek:

What was the point of putting Leia in a gold bikini, or having half of Padme's shirt torn off in Ep II. It's all Star Wars. Get over it.

It does seem that it would allow for a certain freedom of movement and increased range of motion over traditional armors or giant, spikey shoulder pads.

This quote explains the phenomena well:

Less armour = moves faster = more dodging = less getting hit.

SCIENCE.

Edited by Knockerz

Those treads start to look stupid after some time.

This is a game, some skimpy is always wanted in such games, no lore or reality have something to do here.

And there was always "naked" gear in the game ... go to Nar Shadaa cantina and see social one there.

And when was the last time any of you saw our soldiers charge at the enemy with a lazer sword while wearing a bath robe in the middle of a battlefield ?

Edit: After reading thoroughly, this point was made already.

I'm curious though, what -specific- armours bother you?

Inquisitors and Consulars have been running around in slave gear since the beginning of TOR (back when social gear was light and not adaptive), hell even some other classes were doing the same despite the armour type.

Now, 'm not one myself to dress my gun wielders in the likes of the relaxed gear because it doesn't make sense in my eyes, but I'm also not one to complain if I see it on someone else.

Did any of you ever play WoW? Nearly every plate outfit on females was a metal bikini.

Edited by Darth-Rion

Yes because in a game where you shoot lightning out of your arse and get shot point-blank range by a plasma-tossing firearm just reeks of "realism"

let's complain about the clothing when we're not smacking each other in the face with laser-bats and shooting each other point-blank with cannons.

As a female, i honestly don't mind. In all honestly i tend to wear the less-armored outfits in the game. Why? Because they look cool to me. And as an RP-er, it opens up some more paths.

From a developers standpoint, its adding a mix into the game to please people who want "skimpy" clothing and adding in equally foot-ball-like bulky armor.

For some strange reason people have been complaining alot about this and to each their own.

But let's put it this way:

Are you forced to wear it? NOPE.

Are you forced to like it? NOPE.

You have a right to voice your opinion, i'm not denying that, i'm just saying, look at it from both sides. From observations, i get a sense there is a majority of people who don't mind what outfits are in the game.

I personally love some of the "skimpy" stuff they have added in. Not too exposed as the dancer stuff, and not too overly armored to look like a walking tank (unattractive IMO) (referring to Exposed Extrovert).

Don't take away what alot of other people find enjoyable.

Okay, your point taken. Case closed. ;)

How exactly is a Bounty Hunter in a leather jacket not lore correct?

i dunno, every starwars lore (comics, cartoon, movie , books) depicts bounty hunters wearing some kind of armour but not a light armour like leather jacket... smugglers = perfect for leather jackets... BH ? no

i dunno, every starwars lore (comics, cartoon, movie , books) depicts bounty hunters wearing some kind of armour but not a light armour like leather jacket... smugglers = perfect for leather jackets... BH ? no

Never watched The Clone Wars tv series? - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cad_Bane

Or, heck, the movie of the same name? - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Zam_Wesell

Or played the predecessors of this game? - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Calo_Nord

Both of them - http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mira

Quite a few bounty hunters around not armoured to high heaven.

Edited by Darth-Rion

This right here is what the main problem with discussing "lore" on these forums is.

That and peoples views on what is and is not star wars.

People claim to know what is and is not star wars, but then it turns out they have only read/watched maby 10% of all the EU stuff out there.

And yet they make claims like the one above.

People need to wake up and realise that star wars is an entire galaxy. If you can think of something, it probably has been done somewhere already.