BW I beg you... never follow Blizzard with the CM

Elminster_cs

Actually I prefer this over forced double xp. At least we are not forced to gain xp faster. Also, SWTOR would not do that because, this game's strength is in the leveling experience not end game.

I would do this for the endgame experience. I don't pve at all and all I do is pvp so I'm better off with something like this. Heck most of my class stories are still stuck at "Talk to Blah Blah" at the Senate Building on Coruscant.

EAware should think of putting in something like this.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think SWTOR would implement this. As others have mentioned, it's a young game and the magic lies IN the leveling experience. Plus there are crucial choices and decisions you have to make whilst leveling that affectthe outcome of your character.

But then again, never underestimate the power of corporate greed. (EA)

I dont think SWTOR would implement this. As others have mentioned, it's a young game and the magic lies IN the leveling experience. Plus there are crucial choices and decisions you have to make whilst leveling that affectthe outcome of your character.

But then again, never underestimate the power of corporate greed. (EA)

When people take a step back, the truly 'greedy' companies are plain to see.

Hint: It's the one charging you for the right to skip the same game content that they require that you buy in order to try their end-game..

I would do this for the endgame experience. I don't pve at all and all I do is pvp so I'm better off with something like this. Heck most of my class stories are still stuck at "Talk to Blah Blah" at the Senate Building on Coruscant.

EAware should think of putting in something like this.

I'll translate this post for intelligent people to read.

"I hate the whole point of SW:TOR and only play the weakest part of it"

The irony is, the most fun I had playing WoW was leveling characters. There are so many questing zones, dungeons, etc that it really isn't monotonous the way it is in many other games. So much to see, do, and explore. But then when I got to the endgame I lost all interest--way too "hardcore" for my tastes. WoW's only value is leveling for me so skipping all that to get to the part where you get screamed at for not having minmaxed gear in your first dungeon (that drops the gear you need) is not my idea of a good time.

I'd say a better request would be to not fall into the same downward spiral of power creep that inevitably results in stuff like this being desired as Blizzard has. Something like this has been a long time coming in WoW, and it's the product of a fundamentally broken game design more than people being lazy or greedy or what have you.

So yeah, if they avoided that, that'd be great.

This really is the central issue. If a developer does not control their power creep you eventually end up with an end game so far separated from level 1 that it's almost nonsensical.

But here's the thing. Blizzard is going to make a ton of money from this option. We all know it's going to work. So while it may seem like a ridiculous cash grab the only people you can blame are the people buying it. No one is forcing anyone to buy anything but rest assured it will sell.

Between developers not controlling power creep and players being unable to control themselves, This is what happens.

The irony is, the most fun I had playing WoW was leveling characters. There are so many questing zones, dungeons, etc that it really isn't monotonous the way it is in many other games. So much to see, do, and explore. But then when I got to the endgame I lost all interest--way too "hardcore" for my tastes. WoW's only value is leveling for me so skipping all that to get to the part where you get screamed at for not having minmaxed gear in your first dungeon (that drops the gear you need) is not my idea of a good time.

Good thing this is an optional service, then.

And as I understand it it's priced significantly lower than what powerleveling sites will charge for the same thing, with the added bonus of not getting your credit card or account information stolen.

How many level 90's you got?

when I quit I had 4, a paladin, a warrior, a shaman & a mage. I raided on my paladin.

Wow's leveling is awesome. You can choose many paths to level!

You are also not limited to one area/planet to quest in.

I just don't get excited about the same "collect 12 bear butts" quest in a different zone.

BOA gear makes leveling so fast and with the new friend invite at 300% xp boost makes leveling with a mate so fast and fun.

I have never used the friend invite, so I cannot comment on how much that effects leveling. As far as BoA gear, yeah, I leveled the mage & the warrior using that & while it made it slightly less painful, I did not feel like it made the horrible leveling in wow much more than marginally better

I just finished leveling my BH to 50 which makes class story 8 done to gain galactic champion achieve.

It was the worst leveling experience I have ever had.

Seriously number 12 alt at 50+ makes grinding planet quests a fall asleep at computer factor not to mention paying about 1 mil to get the percs for pvp, quests, exploration, FP's, mail, repair bot and speeder at lvl 10.

In wow, spend those unused justice points at an heirlooms vendor for BOA that levels with you and bang, questing is so much fun and quick.

I have 3 level 90's on alliance and 1 on horde. Leveling number 5 now and still enjoying the quests because I have many options to take to level.

Moral of this little rant....

If Biofail just let me get to level pre 2.0 50 / post 2.0 55 with as a level 50 legacy perk, I would not have burnt out from the planet quests, mega grinds and hours waiting for a queue in GF plus I could have gotten the required class needed like just recently my ex guild needed a guardian tank so having a boost to 55 would have helped.

TL: DR - Having a boost to 55 in SWTOR would not be bad if legacy at lvl 50 and WoW has many paths to level instead of being forced to grind planet after planet or wait for long GF queues.

8 characters to 55 in swtor is pretty impressive. I doubt it's something that I will ever attempt. I'm not much of an achievement hunter, so I don't take things like that into account when deciding how to spend my play time. I could absolutely see that after 8 times you are feeling burned out leveling here, but I bet someone with 8 90's in wow feels just as burnt out for leveling as you do.

Lastly regarding the GF queues in ToR, queue as a tank or healer if you class is capable of it. I leveled my sage that way & barely had to do anything other than class quests on planets & most of the time my queue popped in <10 mins. Also, with the addition of the Kuat Drive Yards you have a dungeon available to almost any level with a queue that pops almost instantly for DPS. I do it a few times a week on my 48 gunslinger.

The fact that you can pretty easily level solo in this game and enjoy the story is it's saving grace when it comes to a power-leveling plague. I remember when CoH introduced their mission creator and it seemed like a brilliant idea at first. People could create their own missions, save them in a shared database and the players would have unlimited new content to run. Unfortunately, it quickly turned into a farm fest where people set up maps with mobs that had the highest weakness to certain cookie-cutter builds that were the fastest DPS. It got to the point where you couldn't find any groups for the normal leveling content because everyone was just running the mission creator stuff. People were obsessed with their XP and loot per second. People would seriously throw major fits if anyone did anything that caused an extra 30 seconds to be spent on a mission. As much as I hate power-leveling, I have to admit that there was a large amount of players who wanted to power-level. Unlike this game, if you tried to solo level in CoH, it would probably take you at least 5 times as long as it would by grouping. It was a very group-dependent game because you had no companions (except for the controller class which had pets), the class roles were much more defined and less flexibile, and the XP system was heavily skewed towards grouping. So you were pretty much forced into this whole mission creator/farmfest mess for at least a good chunk of your leveling time. The rest of the game, other than end-game, became a wasteland.

It's fantastic. First they sell you the game, then charge you extra so you don't have to play said game. :D

Yeah, I've never gotten that. People are in such a rush to skip to the end of a game....then what's the point of even playing if you don't enjoy the game, right? The power-leveling crowd always says "the real game starts at end-game", but I can't imagine grinding dailies and FPs and Ops over and over and over can hold someone's attention for that long. They are just accelerating how fast they are going to burn out on the game.

Not an issue at all, exactly what is the importance of grinding kill 10 rats quests? EQ2 already offers this

Under that reasoning, what is the importance of anything in this game? What is the importance of running dailies over and over.....or grinding gear....or doing anything? It's a leveling game....you're supposed to put in the time to earn your way to the end of the game. Also, it's nice when people learn how to play their character and their role before they reach end-game. If you have a level 55 character of every class and every AC, then more power to you but there's very few people like that. A lot of times power-levelers are people who just started playing a game and don't even know how to play it very well yet. Plus, the whole kill 10 rats argument is just lame. You can level a character from 1-55 in this game without every running a side quest. Between class missions, side missions, planet story arcs, bonus story arcs, flashpoints, WB hunts, GSF, PVP, events, macrobinocular/seeker stuff, etc., there is more than enough to skip a huge chunk of content when you level, especially with XP boosts. There are so many missions in this game that are things other than kill 10 rats. That's just something lazy to say which sounds catchy. The same people who say that are the ones that whine whenever they introduce something like the macrobinocular/seeker missions because it takes them too long to complete the stuff....they would rather have something they can speed through like killing 10 rats.

Nice try but pvp is dynamic and actually takes skill.

that's cute, but we all know ganking lowbies and crying "nerf X cause X beat me" doesn't take any skill... :rolleyes:

They will, pve is boring as ****

he said in a Story/PvE Centric game where PvP is just a sideshow... :o

Edited by Elly_Dawn

One who bringsu p the point about ganking lowbies and crying for nerfs actually never plays pvp. Nice try though.

i used to PvP back when PvP was PvP, before a seperation of gear and servers, and i have sworn off that toxic environment, so yes i don't PvP anymore... also, about nerfing, whenever a PvP oriented nerf goes into place it always invariably affects PvE in a negative way, but i don't expect you to get that seeing how you claim PvE sux, and therefore probably don't care about any negative affects it may have on PvE... cause PvPers are just like that...

Blizzard may be evil, but they are smart.

They know their time is almost up and this is their attempt to squeeze the last few golden eggs from their goose. I wonder which upcoming game has them so spooked?

Besides that. Selling max level is no big deal anymore. It's not EQ or UO where getting to max level actually was tough. It would make absolutely no difference to TOR if and when they also decide to sell a "max level" button either.

They know their time is almost up and this is their attempt to squeeze the last few golden eggs from their goose. I wonder which upcoming game has them so spooked?

Besides that. Selling max level is no big deal anymore. It's not EQ or UO where getting to max level actually was tough. It would make absolutely no difference to TOR if and when they also decide to sell a "max level" button either.

I quit a few years ago but WoW isn't going anywhere, anytime in the near future. Ignoring the Asian estimated numbers, they still have far more players than any other game in the west.

Pretty much this

That was true my back in 2005-2009. For some new people I'm sure it still is, but if you were forced to eat even your favorite food for every meal for 7 years you'd be sick of it too.

And WoW, too hard core? Sure, back in Vanilla/BC...but that has changed dramatically.

Raid finder kind of eliminates the "hardcore" attitude from most players. Mostly just a zergfest, only the odd boss that can cause problems which eventually gets nerfed into the ground.

At any rate, to add to the discussion in the thread; the reason Blizzard most likely implemented this was because even though xp required for each expansion set of levels gets nerfed by about 75%, a lot of the end-game raiders and PvPers will use multiple toons and try to just grind their way through dungeons as fast as possible. The idea probably wasn't implemented for first time players or even the first alt for the casual gamer.

I played WoW for a long time until I quit, and we had some players in our guild that would level up alts and gear them up in order to have a variety if a guild was lacking a certain class required for the heroic raids. Must of had five or six players from our 10 man group with 4-5 90s. I'm sure PvP was the same in terms of having multiple characters for arena ratings that would help if one class was stronger than another for that season. Most hardcore raiders just found it easier if your disc priest left, to drop the WW monk, play a disc priest and recruit another WW monk. DPS wasn't hard to find, but the key was finding a player that was pretty geared and could play their class well.

I can understand Blizzard's choice in allowing this, but that's the basic concept for the majority of their customers that will use that feature. Not saying the feature won't be used by a new player if there isn't any restrictions like you need one level 100 from the next expansion before it can be used.