BW I beg you... never follow Blizzard with the CM

Elminster_cs

Blizzard may be evil, but they are smart.

They know their time is almost up and this is their attempt to squeeze the last few golden eggs from their goose. I wonder which upcoming game has them so spooked?

Its got to be nightmare df, if not nightmare dp definitely scares the crap out of them:D

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its got to be nightmare df, if not nightmare dp definitely scares the crap out of them:D

lolz

But seriously, I'd think WoW would be most scared of EQ Next. Wildstar and TESO are just additional threats. But I guarantee you, even with all the new MMOs, WoW will endure for a good long time. It makes too much money. People talking about "squeezing more money out". Blizzard makes more money off WoW than all the MMOs income put together.

When people take a step back, the truly 'greedy' companies are plain to see.

Hint: It's the one charging you for the right to skip the same game content that they require that you buy in order to try their end-game..

That's in the same ballpark as EA making f2p players repeatedly buy access passes for warzones, flashpoints and operations (things that others MMOs let their playerbase do for free)

That's in the same ballpark as EA making f2p players repeatedly buy access passes for warzones, flashpoints and operations (things that others MMOs let their playerbase do for free)

That's their way of trying to convince you to subscribe. :rolleyes:

Edited by Slicka

lolz

But seriously, I'd think WoW would be most scared of EQ Next. Wildstar and TESO are just additional threats. But I guarantee you, even with all the new MMOs, WoW will endure for a good long time. It makes too much money. People talking about "squeezing more money out". Blizzard makes more money off WoW than all the MMOs income put together.

Im totally anti cheerleading any unreleased mmo ive not played and ive been let down every time ive thought "well that company is awesome they'll make a great game"

But I am very excited about eqnext just because eq1 was my first mmo, but deep down inside I know sony sucks, smedly is an idiot and it will be a dumbed down shadow of eq1 so the mouth breathers can get to the end game before their add kicks in and they wander off.

This is like saying "We screwed up so badly now we give you guys a chance to skip where we screwed up".

Fail can't be epic, but Blizz found a way to invent "Epic" fail.

Yet it's about to be 10 years old and still has over 7 million players....so yeh, where exactly did they screw up and what other mmo has had this success ?

They are doing because after 10 freaking years people are bored to tears of lvling because they have done it so many time.

I want to play a Monk but I'm in no way going through the lvling again....as an example.

Yet it's about to be 10 years old and still has over 7 million players....so yeh, where exactly did they screw up and what other mmo has had this success ?

They are doing because after 10 freaking years people are bored to tears of lvling because they have done it so many time.

I want to play a Monk but I'm in no way going through the lvling again....as an example.

WoW defenders, so sad how they defend a game that dumbed down an entire genre.

I thought the whole point of these MMO's was to create a char, adventure with it,lvling and becoming a better in game char/player just like the old days of D+D with pen paper, a whole load of dice and good friends to go monster stomping.

It would seem however some companies have forgotten that in favour of the quick buck

WoW defenders, so sad how they defend a game that dumbed down an entire genre.

Say what you will about WoW but saying they screwed up is about one of the stupidest claims you can make considering the amount of players they have.

Fact is no other MMO has come even remotely close to Blizzards success with WoW. I don't need to defend WoW, the numbers do that just fine.

Say what you will about WoW but saying they screwed up is about one of the stupidest claims you can make considering the amount of players they have.

Fact is no other MMO has come even remotely close to Blizzards success with WoW. I don't need to defend WoW, the numbers do that just fine.

When your best days are 4 years in the past and you've lost millions of subs over the last two consecutive expansions and your numbers are down to about half of what they were only 4 years ago...well...there's a term for that.

Bleeding out.

Lol, keep on being pathetic and defending a game that ruined an entire genre.

When your best days are 4 years in the past and you've lost millions of subs over the last two consecutive expansions and your numbers are down to about half of what they were only 4 years ago...well...there's a term for that.

Bleeding out.

WoW subs went up last quarter 200k....they are over 7 million players. It's absolutely incredible they have that number of players after 10 years and pretty impressive that the subs went up at all at it's age.

The numbers are not as high as they were but even after losing millions of subs they have far more than any other MMO has ever had. And what do you expect....it's 10 years old....of course they have lost subs. People just love to hate WoW to the point that they say the stupidest crap.

WoW subs went up last quarter 200k....they are over 7 million players. It's absolutely incredible they have that number of players after 10 years and pretty impressive that the subs went up at all at it's age.

The numbers are not as high as they were but even after losing millions of subs they have far more than any other MMO has ever had. And what do you expect....it's 10 years old....of course they have lost subs. People just love to hate WoW to the point that they say the stupidest crap.

yes, and if a human body loses half its blood supply, it still has more blood than a healthy fox.

Which one would you deem to be in good shape? The human with half his blood or a fox with all his blood?

WoW defenders, so pathetic.

Oh they gain 200k subs?! Too bad in one year they lost well over 1 million.

yes, and if a human body loses half its blood supply, it still has more blood than a healthy fox.

Which one would you deem to be in good shape? The human with half his blood or a fox with all his blood?

Well if this game can hold itself atm with lets just say 500K subs then im sure wow can with 7.8 million ;P

Games don't really ''bleed'' so in this case both are healthy. WoW probably wouldnt survive iwth 500K subs because it too big for that much. Unless they'd probably merge servers like SW:TOR did.Even then the world would seem too big.

Cry me a river....nostalgia is getting the best of you. EQ is still running...go play that if you need a fix.

Nostalgia? I never played the original EQ.

I don't need to to know how dumbed down WoW is. All I have to do is open one video of a raid boss and see the person just hitting the same button over and over again.

Totally not dumbed down when you just roll your face on your keyboard and get kills in PvP.

Nah.... But keep up the strawman like all pathetic WoW defenders can only do.

You can't use actual logic, just logical fallacies.

Bleeding out.

I'm sure they're crying all the way to the bank with their 8 million subs. Hell even WoW's in game store alone makes almost a hundred million more than SWTOR's does.

Because the two have so much in common....makes perfect sense.

The fox and human did not create the blood but if they had the human would still be more successful and in better shape.

I don't need to to know how dumbed down WoW is. All I have to do is open one video of a raid boss and see the person just hitting the same button over and over again.

Totally not dumbed down when you just roll your face on your keyboard and get kills in PvP.

As a main tank in SW:TOR that's excactly what i found myself doing in most encounters. Standing and hitting buttons on my mouse for keybinds. Ofcourse not all bosses where like that. ( Dread palace nad dread fortress probably made me move the most ) but anything else really is just as you stated about WoW

logic tells me that if Blizzard had ruined their game they would not have 7 million players. But whatever...you just want to hate so go on with your bad self.

Well if this game can hold itself atm with lets just say 500K subs then im sure wow can with 7.8 million ;P

Games don't really ''bleed'' so in this case both are healthy. WoW probably wouldnt survive iwth 500K subs because it too big for that much. Unless they'd probably merge servers like SW:TOR did.Even then the world would seem too big.

Ahh, but you fail to grasp the larger picture. WoW is the workhorse of that company. It has, for many years, been the revenue stream that they've poured into their other games and expansions. Star Craft and Diablo and the canceled/restarted TITAN. But, no longer, the stream of revenue is down to half of what it was, and if you want to see fury, tell your stockholders that your former #1 revenue stream is down to 50% of what it was...

Sure, they're still making profit, but not what it was making only a few years ago and 'that' is what people will focus on. Not that it's profitable, but that its profits are nothing of what they were only a few years ago. It's about Expectations and the perception of failure. Regardless as to how things 'are', this is how they are perceived at the moment:

1) Sub revenue is down by half.

2) A major push is being made for their in-game store, their version of the CM.

3) That the game itself is old and tired and people are becoming suspicious that the developers are now more concerned with milking their existing player base than they are with creating good content.

4) That their newest expansion has 'nothing' new to offer except updated character models and a twist on our own companion system.

Until they take steps to change this perception, I fully expect the game to continue to bleed subs by the millions per year until only the most hardcore of players are left and the game joins the likes of EQ and NWN as a long lasting but nearly forgotten MMO.

Until they take steps to change this perception, I fully expect the game to continue to bleed subs by the millions per year.

Wow, that's amazing!!!! You must be kin to Nostradamus.....to think a mmo going on it's 10 year would drop in subs!!! You mean to say it's not going to go on forever at the same amount of players???!!!!

Woooo man!!!! Holy crap!!!!!! Hold the phone we have a fortune teller here!!!