BW I beg you... never follow Blizzard with the CM

Elminster_cs

Argue all you want. One time you say SW:TOR copied off WoW and its a flop then you say SW:TOR isn't gonna fail cause its not like WoW. Atleast people like infernixx have constructive arguments, and im glad he is on the best forum posters thing ;P

So cry all you want, I really can't give much of a crap and the only reason i'm replying is because im bored :)

EDIT: Farmville,angryirds etc. don't exist for a decade. And people leave those game super fast while WoW's sub still sustain high up.

Are you being a cod fgt?

Edited by Hezip

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you're okay with getting charged for the base game, two expansions and then getting charged for the right to skip 90% of the stuff that they just made you pay for?

I've got a bridge with your name on it.

That is not how it works. Everyone gets a boost to 90 (the previous expansions level cap) just for buying the new expansion. If you want to boost multiple characters, not just the one you get with the expansion, to the previous cap it will cost you $60 per character.

Most long time players, like myself, will already have multiple characters at the cap. I have 11 level 90s in WoW so it is doubtful I'll even use the one free boost.

However, it lowers the entry pain for new and returning players that want to start playing with friends in the new expansion.

As someone else mentioned, and I've mentioned before, it took me longer to get from 85 to 90 when MoP hit that it took me to get from 1 to 50 in SWTOR. The new level cap will be 100 so a boost to 90 just lets you start at where you would have been if you'd played the previous expansion.

Blizzard did a survey and though the community was divided many, if not most, didn't have an issue with this and neither do I.

I don't see the problem with this.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. I know I wouldn't because I play for the story and enjoy the progression and leveling up process.

If someone else is just coming in for endgame raids or PvP and they don't have as much free time then they are free to do what they want with their money. More ways for them to make money off the game are a good thing because the longer the game is profitable and the more profitable it is the longer (and hopefully better) we can expect add-ons and other new content.

It's not an option I would ever use - I love the leveling process in TOR, the story and progression is the best part of the game IMHO.

But if someone else want's to plunk down some money to jump right to max level, presumably because all they care about is End-game content, I don't see that as being all that different from someone deciding to grind WZs, run the KDY flahspoint over and over again, or exclusively play GSF.

Basically, how they play their game doesn't harm how I play mine, so whatever - to each their own.

Argue all you want. One time you say SW:TOR copied off WoW and its a flop then you say SW:TOR isn't gonna fail cause its not like WoW. Atleast people like infernixx have constructive arguments, and im glad he is on the best forum posters thing ;P

So cry all you want, I really can't give much of a crap and the only reason i'm replying is because im bored :)

EDIT: Farmville,angryirds etc. don't exist for a decade. And people leave those game super fast while WoW's sub still sustain high up.

*deleted this part of the quote*

What, when did I ever say SW:TOR wasn't going to fail? Can you people NOT use a logical fallacy as an argument even once?

WoW has lost 50% of it's revenue in a very short amount of time. If any other company had a 50% lost of profits, which they did lose, in a few year period on their main product. Panic would be consuming the company. But because it's WoW, you guys are giving it a free pass. They are making a billion or more LESS a year with that lost of subs. But keep on bragging that it has 7 million subs while ignoring it once had nearly twice as many.

That is horrible, especially since the latest SC2 expansion apparently didn't sell as well as the SC2 WoL did.

I love how you just basically ignore how popular angry birds and facebook games are with a pathetic excuse of them not being around for a decade, so the argument doesn't apply to them.

It's also hilarious you mention that people leave that game fast, but again, you ignore the fact that WoW's sub numbers are pretty much half of what they were 2-3 years ago.

More fail at logic from you guys.

Edited by mecher

I'm so sorry, did you somehow come to the mistaken conclusion that I was talking about the parent company of WoW?

You are, of course, still free to address what I said about the 'game' and not the parent company, however. Of course, it's hard to dispute a loss of 4.something million subscribers in 4 years.

Who cares? What they've accomplished is amazing. No other MMO has even come close. Most people expected that they would have dropped more significantly earlier on, but it just keeps trucking a long. Even if they drop off by another half and they're still making a killing, more than enough for the game to keep rolling out updates, which they are pretty good at. Even the original Everequest is still going after 14 years with not nearly as much of a player base, don't be surprised if people are still playing WoW in another 10. Most of the dropoff over the years was from the asian market anyway.

Have you even played WoW? I don't understand why you have all this ill will towards Blizzard or what this whole conversation applies to swtor or the thread.

Edited by chuixupu

Who cares? What they've accomplished is amazing. No other MMO has even come close. Most people expected that they would have dropped more significantly earlier on, but it just keeps trucking a long. Even if they drop off by another half and they're still making a killing, more than enough for the game to keep rolling out updates, which they are pretty good at. Even the original Everequest is still going after 14 years with not nearly as much of a player base, don't be surprised if people are still playing WoW in another 10. Most of the dropoff over the years was from the asian market anyway.

Have you even played WoW? I don't understand why you have all this ill will towards Blizzard or what this whole conversation applies to swtor or the thread.

I've never played WoW (I actually don't like MMOs; I'm just here because of my KOTOR love) but I still hate it because it ruined what was a great company. The games they put out now are not as good as their older products.

Basically I'm one of the complainers that says they went all-in for profits by dumbing down games for "casuals" to appeal to the most amount of people possible.

Victims of their own success, to me Acti-Blizzard is **** now just like Square.

Edited by Kain_Turinbar

I've never played WoW (I actually don't like MMOs; I'm just here because of my KOTOR love) but I still hate it because it ruined what was a great company. The games they put out now are not as good as their older products.

Basically I'm one of the complainers that says they went all-in for profits by dumbing down games for "casuals" to appeal to the most amount of people possible.

Victims of their own success, to me Acti-Blizzard is **** now just like Square.

The game is a just a thing...decisions are made by people. People make the same complaints about Bioware. Basically "they sold out" is a complaint as old as the hills, business is business. But again, kind of off on a crazy tangent here.

I don't understand why you have all this ill will towards Blizzard or what this whole conversation applies to swtor or the thread.

It may come as a shock for you, but there was a time where Blizzard didn't dumb down every game they made.

I still play the original StarCraft close to once a year. It's the completely opposite for me when it comes to SC2. And Diablo 3 is a joke compared to previous Diablos.

That happens when you have next to zero of the original dev team work on it. Also doesn't help when Diablo 3's dev team apparently are little kids as they showed after a certain reaction to a interview. Which probably explains the dumbed down nature of D3.

It may come as a shock for you, but there was a time where Blizzard didn't dumb down every game they made.

I still play the original StarCraft close to once a year. It's the completely opposite for me when it comes to SC2. And Diablo 3 is a joke compared to previous Diablos.

That happens when you have next to zero of the original dev team work on it. Also doesn't help when Diablo 3's dev team apparently are little kids as they showed after a certain reaction to a interview. Which probably explains the dumbed down nature of D3.

Ah so i just got my food ready and then i see you again :D. It may be a shock for you but we moved onto the next generation where RPG's aren't text-based and developers focus out on new stuff that is hot on the market.

Obviously business is business.

Ah so i just got my food ready and then i see you again :D. It may be a shock for you but we moved onto the next generation where RPG's aren't text-based and developers focus out on new stuff that is hot on the market.

Obviously business is business.

So you are calling Balder's Gate 2 a text based game? Or Diablo 2?

I knew you were detached from reality, but you are apparently attached to something that would be perfect for an episode, hell a whole season, of the Twilight Zone if it was still running.

Edited by mecher

I agree. I would be really upset if they follow this mentality. Everything that once was warcraft is now gone, vanished without a trace. They are slowly killing their game. I don't know what they are thinking. But it doesn't appear to "die off" as fast because they have multi millions of people. But one day, it will be at the bottom of the barrel. It's sad that they used to innovate and think of things so much and now they just cater to anybody and everybody and is caving to the "NOW NOW NOW!! ME ME ME!" generation. It's very sad and it will just keep happening to them.

If they are seriously doing this stuff it means they are desperate to keep people and to have people come back. Very pathetic that they resort to that drastic of a measure. I do not believe SWTOR will go the same way and this game has some things that are now all me me me now now you have to WORK for the things to actually get it. I hope it keeps going that way.

WoW is now officially pay to win with what they did there. Pathetic.

So you are calling Balder's Gate 2 a text based game? Or Diablo 2?

I knew you were detached from reality, but you are apparently attached to something that would be perfect for an episode, hell a whole season, of the Twilight Zone if it was still running.

Funny how i don't see that post anymore where you said SW:TOR is diffrent to WoW and that it won't fail.I wonder why...

I'm not gonna go to that game part, gonna listen to the other folks :) take care! keep your bridge clean.

Funny how i don't see that post anymore where you said SW:TOR is diffrent to WoW and that it won't fail.I wonder why...

I'm not gonna go to that game part, gonna listen to the other folks :) take care! keep your bridge clean.

You might find I don't say SW:TOR won't fail and it's different from WoW, because I never have said that. Because in fact I have said SW:TOR did fail at launch.

So your only argument is to put words into other people's mouths, so to speak.

Edited by mecher

You might find I don't say SW:TOR won't fail and it's different from WoW, because I never have said that. Because in fact I have said SW:TOR did fail at launch.

So your only argument is to put words into other people's mouths, so to speak.

The end.

Of course, why bother posting where I originally said SW:TOR won't fail. Just put words in my mouth and then leave.

The end attempt number 2.

EDIT: you clearly edited that part out cause i read it just before uploading my reply :rolleyes:

Edited by Hezip

Why don't you just go back to WoW and stop criticising this game so much on it's own forums? I get it. You don't like SWTOR.

The end attempt number 2.

EDIT: you clearly edited that part out cause i read it just before uploading my reply :rolleyes:

LOL, I love it. You make an false accusation, then when you can't find the post, that only existed in your head, you say I edited it out. Which is odd because I have already said what you claimed I said the opposite of. This can be found in other posts.

That is why you can't find it, because I have been saying the opposite instead.

Edited by mecher

LOL, I love it. You make an false accusation, then when you can't find the this post, that only existed in your head, you say I edited it out. Which is odd because I have already said what you claimed I said the opposite of. This can be found in other posts.

That is why you can't find it, because I have been saying the opposite instead.

Yes,yes.It's an old trick hide the evidence.

The end attempt 3. Will it end here?