BW I beg you... never follow Blizzard with the CM

Elminster_cs

When I left wow I had 9 level 85"s and a few twinks of various levels spread across 2 accounts

There are no class quests in wow only themed quest chains so the leveling service is welcomed by many I'm sure,

Plus the game really starts at level 95 and you can while leveling normally through questing virtually skip all of the bc wotlk epac content on the way to 95. It's also a big hit to the gold farmers who also offered power leveling services which blizzard have been combating for years.

It will be a long time until a service like this comes into play for swtor as the level cap is only 55 not 95.

The blizzard shop also only sells a few electronic items pets and 3 -4 mounts and a few services like class change, race change, name change, server transfer and account mergers and now paid leveling so really nowhere near the level of items in game

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I left wow I had 9 level 85"s and a few twinks of various levels spread across 2 accounts

LOL, what ever happened to the word "Twink"? I remember first using it in Eq1 then through wow people were still using it. now people just say alts.

It used to be a half assed slur back in eq1, some guy playing a character in decked out gear and he didn't know his class he was probably a "twink", back when leveling a class was a rite of passage not a time sink chore.

I found that:

http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/02/18/level-90-boost-is-up-on-live-servers-for-60/

RIP WoW gameplay we will miss you ;)

I can picture it: lazy guy with 60 dollars skips to high level, does not learn his class, and runs around pretending he is better than the people who actually have time and experience with their class, and shouts he is carrying everyone though its the opposite. :D

I can picture it: lazy guy with 60 dollars skips to high level, does not learn his class, and runs around pretending he is better than the people who actually have time and experience with their class, and shouts he is carrying everyone though its the opposite. :D

I think it doesnt provide players gear so even first time levelers will need to level legit.This is a good thing anyways, im not sure if you ever played wow but leveling from 1-85 was like 5 times worse than 1-55 in this game.and that was 1-85 and now its going to be 1-100.So even those that skip to 90 will need to level.

So those who don't want to repeat teh same story over again can just skip.This will also lower down the asian market of power levelers.

If you ever played and ran raid finder which is a very dumbed down version of the raids to say "I GOTZ EPIKZ!!!!", you basically described how it actually is for most players who consider that real raiding. They even took out talent points so they wouldn't be ridiculed for all of their points in one tree with a multitude of PVP, tank, and DPS talents.

It may come as a shock for you, but there was a time where Blizzard didn't dumb down every game they made.

I still play the original StarCraft close to once a year. It's the completely opposite for me when it comes to SC2. And Diablo 3 is a joke compared to previous Diablos.

That happens when you have next to zero of the original dev team work on it. Also doesn't help when Diablo 3's dev team apparently are little kids as they showed after a certain reaction to a interview. Which probably explains the dumbed down nature of D3.

If you think all of Blizzard's current games are terrible, I really don't care. I'm not even playing any Blizzard games currently. I tried Diablo 3 in beta and I thought it was terribly boring. But then I know a lot of people that haven't stopped playing it since it launched who were big fans of the previous versions.

I just don't see the point of getting all "us against them" to the level of wanting to tear a company down and make skewed information about their financial earnings. It's just as silly as the people who are all "OMG swtor is bleeding subs, it's a sinking ship!"

Why don't you just go back to WoW and stop criticising this game so much on it's own forums? I get it. You don't like SWTOR.

No, my good sir, you must be confusing me with someone else. I've been one of the most staunch supporters of this game since launch. I never even criticized swtor in this thread. But apparently me just asking someone why they are hostile towards another game = disliking swtor.....crazy stuff.

Edited by chuixupu

LOL, what ever happened to the word "Twink"? I remember first using it in Eq1 then through wow people were still using it. now people just say alts.

It used to be a half assed slur back in eq1, some guy playing a character in decked out gear and he didn't know his class he was probably a "twink", back when leveling a class was a rite of passage not a time sink chore.

It's still used by people in swtor every-now and then, twinks in wow refered to players who

Made toons for specific pvp brackets and finding the best gear and enchants Etc for that level some people went to extreme lengths to accomplish this and usually dominated the respective pvp brackets then was made even easier with the addition of the boa gear

Though twinks in swtor are not as apparent with bolster and the gear options low Level twinks with full augments etc are not uncommon.

I cant see any problem with BW offering this service for SWTOR.

While I wouldnt use it myself, some people would use it for some of the story lines, think about it, make a char, click ding 50, then just play through the class without worrying about anything, no worries about gear changes ever, rewards alone will carry you through till the end.

Want to replay a class or another class story, but dont want to go through all that grind? sure, pay $60 and have at it.

Minor nitpick: Most of WoW's lost "subscriptions" were actually the active accounts of players in Asia (mainly China) who because of trade laws actually operate under a completely different payment system (buying game time in minute/hour/day increments at varying prices). If a Chinese player purchased a day of WoW, he would technically be a part of that large "twelve million subs".

Blizzard was rather deceptive with that statistic, but the losses incurred by losing so many "subscribers" are equally deceptive. Subscription levels remain largely steady within NA and EU regions, where most of WoW's income comes from.

Edited by Bgiffo

Minor nitpick: Most of WoW's lost "subscriptions" were actually the active accounts of players in Asia (mainly China) who because of trade laws actually operate under a completely different payment system (buying game time in minute/hour/day increments at varying prices). If a Chinese player purchased a day of WoW, he would technically be a part of that large "twelve million subs".

Blizzard was rather deceptive with that statistic, but the losses incurred by losing so many "subscribers" are equally deceptive. Subscription levels remain largely steady within NA and EU regions, where most of WoW's income comes from.

Yeah wow only has 10 times the subs as swtor not 30.