A sad day for PVP

Uelle

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually it is pvp (anything with players fighting players is pvp), but the pvp forums are more for ground pvp as it mainly grew around that

It's "PvP" but it's not PvP. It's PvP in the fact that you're fighting other players and it's not PvP given that the majority of players who PvPed before this change hate GSF and its sad since all their attention will be going towards their SSSP.

It's "PvP" but it's not PvP. It's PvP in the fact that you're fighting other players and it's not PvP given that the majority of players who PvPed before this change hate GSF and its sad since all their attention will be going towards their SSSP.

I wouldn't say majority, even a few of the pvp elites I know from the Bastion when gsf came turned into gsf moguls (the main guy who I know did this even wears the supreme mogul helmet from Karragas to top it off) and still gsf has gotten quite the following. I personally love playing both pvp's. Also, yeah I know its a noob question, whats sssp mean? ( give me a break I just got out of school, had to stay after for a physics test...)

I wouldn't say majority, even a few of the pvp elites I know from the Bastion when gsf came turned into gsf moguls (the main guy who I know did this even wears the supreme mogul helmet from Karragas to top it off) and still gsf has gotten quite the following. I personally love playing both pvp's. Also, yeah I know its a noob question, whats sssp mean? ( give me a break I just got out of school, had to stay after for a physics test...)

Keyword there: few.

super secret space project IE GSF

actually it is pvp (anything with players fighting players is pvp), but the pvp forums are more for ground pvp as it mainly grew around that

Yes GSF is PvP. Everyone knows that it involves players fighting players.

What people have entirely forgotten as part of this argument, is the OP's context of mentioning "PvP". OP was talking about how sad it was for ground PvP to get only 1 wz per 18 months (with no mention of any Arenas either).

And yet some trolls felt the need to bring up the extremely silly argument that OP termed all PvP as being ground PvP, even though it was abundantly clear what OP meant. THAT is the whole point of this extremely derailed argument. Some trolls insist that all that matters is semantics, not the actual content of the thread.

But then again, I'm on the SWTOR forums. Expecting to discuss the thread itself is beyond the question.

Yes GSF is PvP. Everyone knows that it involves players fighting players.

What people have entirely forgotten as part of this argument, is the OP's context of mentioning "PvP". OP was talking about how sad it was for ground PvP to get only 1 wz per 18 months (with no mention of any Arenas either).Ar

And yet some trolls felt the need to bring up the extremely silly argument that OP termed all PvP as being ground PvP, even though it was abundantly clear what OP meant. THAT is the whole point of this extremely derailed argument. Some trolls insist that all that matters is semantics, not the actual content of the thread.

But then again, I'm on the SWTOR forums. Expecting to discuss the thread itself is beyond the question.

GSF is not PvP. This has been discussed before. If it was it would at least have been a subforum in this forum. It's not.

Also, really? Arenas? Almost no one likes Arenas. It's a broken meta.

GSF is not PvP. This has been discussed before. If it was it would at least have been a subforum in this forum. It's not.

Also, really? Arenas? Almost no one likes Arenas. It's a broken meta.

:rolleyes: GSF is PvP, there really is no arguing that. It's not ground PvP and that's what the OP (and almost all the other threads complaining about the increased focus on GSF) is about.

And it doesn't matter whether people like Arenas or not. That wasn't my point. My point was that in the next 1 year, we literally have nothing but one Huttball warzone to look forward to (I admit Huttball is pretty awesome) but nothing else. Not even the lousy Arenas to keep us entertained for half a month or so.

Let's be honest here. The PvP players are a very fractured group of players... and very parochial about their preference in play style and dismissive of any other play styles. What is PvP to one, is not PvP to another, etc., etc.

GSF is player on player and group players on group players. Anyone that wants to parochially dismiss that as not PvP because they prefer warzones, or arenas, or open world, or mano-a-mano is free to do so. But that does not change anything about the game and it's player vs player mechanics. GSF is one form of player on player combat mechanics in this particular MMO. Just because a player does not like it or does not play it, does not change what it is. Declaring it not PvP is just crab walking around their disappointments that other forms of PvP are not meeting their needs/wants/desires.

They are two entirely different types of games with different rewards and absolutely no synergy when it comes to progression, gear, titles, etc. In one you have to learn a new skill set that has nothing to do with the skills you learn in playing your character. In the other you primarily use skills you've developed while playing your character. It is disingenuous to start a semantics war over terminology when there is absolutely no question what the OP was referring to. The only reason to do so is to troll.

I don't do GSF and I do a lot of casual PvP. I do wish they would do more to promote non-GSF PvP if you will. I'm not sure there are enough people that primarily PvP (WZs) to make it worth while for Bioware to focus on doing more. However, only Bioware will have the metrics to make that determination.

Instead of making new mechanics for new WZ's, that still would be cool.

BW/EA should just make new skins (like this one) for already existing WZ's.

For me Hutball is the best made PVP map I ever played in any other MMO game.

It's quite revolutionary, if only people would key-bind their pass, or would pass at all and look at map if someone is ahead of them and where (There is a map in Hutball, which shows you location of your allies).

Wouldn't have to be some times on the edge, when people instead of passing to me (cause I'm ahead) run with the ball and die, an completely useless death.

Just check the map if someone's ahead of you!

They are two entirely different types of games with different rewards and absolutely no synergy when it comes to progression, gear, titles, etc. In one you have to learn a new skill set that has nothing to do with the skills you learn in playing your character. In the other you primarily use skills you've developed while playing your character. It is disingenuous to start a semantics war over terminology when there is absolutely no question what the OP was referring to. The only reason to do so is to troll.

*applause* too bad Andryah (or devs) will never see it since the white knight trolls got this thread moved to the PvP forums and out of their precious General forum.

:rolleyes: GSF is PvP, there really is no arguing that. It's not ground PvP and that's what the OP (and almost all the other threads complaining about the increased focus on GSF) is about.

And it doesn't matter whether people like Arenas or not. That wasn't my point. My point was that in the next 1 year, we literally have nothing but one Huttball warzone to look forward to (I admit Huttball is pretty awesome) but nothing else. Not even the lousy Arenas to keep us entertained for half a month or so.

Lol it's not PvP. Is it a part of a subforum in the PvP forums? Nope. Don't see it; therefore, your argument has been invalidated.

And it actually does matter whether PvP'ers like Arenas or not. Look at all of the PvP guilds that went inactive or ended up throwing in the towel altogether due to the implementation of Ranked Arenas for Ranked WZs. That basically means that EAware will slowly phase out 8v8s in total just for Arenas. That's a VERY bad sign.

For me Hutball is the best made PVP map I ever played in any other MMO game.

It's quite revolutionary, if only people would key-bind their pass, or would pass at all and look at map if someone is ahead of them and where (There is a map in Hutball, which shows you location of your allies).

Just check the map if someone's ahead of you!

Indeed, I could play Huttball all day.

RIP in peace...you've never heard that phrase before??

I've heared the phrase "RIP." I've heard the phrase "Rest In Peace." I have never actually seen anyone say "RIP in peace," as that phrase is totally redundant and sounds stupid. It's almost as if the person who wrote that has no idea what RIP actually means.

Hint: RIP doesn't mean "rest."

Would someone please explain to me why the OP is QQing about a new Huttball WZ? This seems to me to be a very good thing, especially for PvP WZs.

LOL are you oblivious to the fact that that's the only piece of PvP content we'll actually be receiving? Not only that, Huttball isn't liked by everybody. It's one of those WZs you either like or dislike, and quite frankly they couldn't have chosen a more horrible style of WZ (except for Hyperbore).

LOL are you oblivious to the fact that that's the only piece of PvP content we'll actually be receiving? Not only that, Huttball isn't liked by everybody. It's one of those WZs you either like or dislike, and quite frankly they couldn't have chosen a more horrible style of WZ (except for Hyperbore).

We have plenty "normal" warzone maps: four 8v8 four 4v4 and only one huttball so far. It's about time for a second map of that style.

I admit tho that we could still use some more maps / modes. Or some open world system.

Edited by NRN_Hawk

We have plenty "normal" warzone maps: four 8v8 four 4v4 and only one huttball so far. It's about time for a second map of that style.

I admit tho that we could still use some more maps / modes. Or some open world system.

I'm just not a fan of Arenas at all and I hate Hypergate and Huttball. Hypergate and Huttball are tied for my least favorite WZ maps, and Arenas are just a broken meta because this game wasn't designed for 4v4s.

I'd rather want more WZs like ACW and NC and WPvP, although we all know the latter won't ever happen.

I'm just not a fan of Arenas at all and I hate Hypergate and Huttball. Hypergate and Huttball are tied for my least favorite WZ maps, and Arenas are just a broken meta because this game wasn't designed for 4v4s.

I'd rather want more WZs like ACW and NC and WPvP, although we all know the latter won't ever happen.

So, I just read:

"Derp. Derp derp derp. Derp derp derping derp."

your logic of "some people like it some don't so it shouldn't be added on" is flawed because the people can like or dislike literally any aspect in life. Example, people either like cats or don't. If we went off and did not do things becuase SOME(aka not all) people did not like them then nothing would get done.

Edited by Sangrar