A perfect example of the ability delay

Corwingeorge

There is a setting in the preferences called "Ability queue" or something along those lines. It's set to .5 right now. Set it to 1, this'll remove a ton of UI lag.

Tested this on 0, .5 and 1. Makes no difference to the overall feel of the combat system, or to the non-firing of abilities.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a setting in the preferences called "Ability queue" or something along those lines. It's set to .5 right now. Set it to 1, this'll remove a ton of UI lag.

Isn't that just the ability queue? Not ability execution?

Tested this on 0, .5 and 1. Makes no difference to the overall feel of the combat system, or to the non-firing of abilities.

Hmmm I was having issues when using abilities. I've noticed smoother and more fluid combat when it was set to 1. Just the transition from one ability to another is more smooth.

I'm generally positive about this game, but this issue has been bugging me quite a bit as well. When you're crunch-healing a fight (either due to morons not knowing mechanics and taking ****loads of damage or other factors), it's nigh impossible to do with the delay because your skills effectively take longer to cast, making it a sore job to heal.

This is a BIG issue for any serious pvpers .... so yeah, actually it concerns a lot of people, despite what you may think!

We are not all Roleplayers or Dungeon-crawlers....

Well, as long as it affects ALL PvPers equally...

Well, as long as it affects ALL PvPers equally...

Somebody didn't read the whole thread it seems.

In order for pvp to be enjoyable and such, it needs to not only be fair but also fluent and smooth. Otherwise we might as well roll a die (which I'm sure none of us would want).

They chose wrong when they decided animation controls the flow of combat. They need to fix the combat system now. Using off globals is not worth it due to how much time you lose trying tot get the next skill to go off.

Normally it will take the next global cool down and not use the skill at all. This ***** pve and pvp rotations bad.

It's not really an issue for PvP... since BOTH sides are affected by that supposed delay. PvP remains balanced.

It's a huge issue for PvP, how you can honestly say this baffles me.

This seriously is the most important issue that needs to be addressed in the game. People have every right to complain, and no one should be defending this.

I laugh at the "pros" who have a problem with this. I guess I'm not elite since I don't stare at my cast bar or GCD indicator when I heal, preferring instead to just get into a rhythm. Yes, there is a delay...and it didn't take me long at all to compensate for that delay while healing. A 0.5 second ability with another tenth of a second delay doesn't feel any different than a 0.6 second ability with no delay. Stop staring at your cast bar, delay or no delay, and move on to the next level.

I laugh at the "pros" who have a problem with this. I guess I'm not elite since I don't stare at my cast bar or GCD indicator when I heal, preferring instead to just get into a rhythm. Yes, there is a delay...and it didn't take me long at all to compensate for that delay while healing. A 0.5 second ability with another tenth of a second delay doesn't feel any different than a 0.6 second ability with no delay. Stop staring at your cast bar, delay or no delay, and move on to the next level.

You don't notice? You don't have to stare. Just press a do-something ability and watch your character think. How can this not bother you? Do you live a half second in the future?