A perfect example of the ability delay

Corwingeorge

This thread is bumped, as I just found it, and this problem has been annoying me since I started playing.

Granted, I am 'only' level 46, but playing a Healer (Sith Sorceror) who has to put up with this delay when casting... Well, it is jarring and feels unplayable.

Honestly, it ruins even solo-play unless I play super careful. I cannot cut corners healing Khem'Val even.

This bugs and ruins both PvP and PvE for me. For me, having this type of delay make the game quite simply too frustrating for me at times, and I regret having purchased the time that I did.

Maybe it's fixed in the next patch? But why would it be, given that I recall friends talking about the problem since early, early beta. It literally has not been ironed out/fixed for so long. It's pretty darn sad.

Happy holidays everyone, though :)

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really looking forward to this game after playing the beta weekend, the story led style of quest, the great graphics, but i can see me leaving and quiting before paying my first subscription.

There are alot of real problems with this game, and it really feels like its not a finished product and not worthy the price tag.

I know alot of us are used to the addons and UI tweaks that wow had to offer, and i know this is a new game and not a wow clone like alot of the new MMOs are but there are so much missing in this game. The buff/debuff icons are terrible for pvp, and tab-targetting is pretty dire to the point of not usable, but this skill lag is the **** on the cake. I havent got past lv 15 because itsj ust not enjoyable to play with a 0.5-1 second delay on the majoirty of my skills.

I wanted this to be the game to repace wow for me. A great new MMO with a new stlye and its just not deliviring that right now. I might come back when its fixed but i cant see this game surviving with all these problems in its current istate.

Personally I love not being able to utilize all of my GCDs in a "Warzone." Ranged classes in the game are a joke. They don't have to deal with that whole, "I'm not in ranged even though that guy is blasting the f*** out of me and still running away" that is always there for melee. Of course this is pretty much the case for all types of classes.

Talking with some people about this and it effectively kills raiding too. No one can look in the future and you're guaranteed to get hit by something that randomly happens in the fight for a brief moment. That has got to suck. How could anyone at EA/Bioware think that this was a good idea? It's like adding another mechanic to EVERYTHING and will have to be balanced around it.

I have no idea why this was ever implemented. It isn't another way to the play the game. It's like you're trying to peddle a bike with one wheel and you don't know why you aren't going anywhere.

This is a first priority issue.

I have not a big problem living with it for a while, as long as they say it is not intended and they are going fix it it in near future.

What worries me is that they didnt say a word, and if this one is intended im afraid will cause some people leave sooner or later.