Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

any info on 2.6?

amona

First off, Happy New Year everyone! I am back in the office now from the holidays so we are right back to some yellow posts :)

Game Update 2.6 first and foremost will mark the launch of Galactic Starfighter! That will mean the introduction of:

• The Gunship unlock available for F2P players.
  • A new Gunship variant.
  • Two Bomber variants!
  • ...and more! We will talk more about this next week.

Also, Game Update 2.6 will come with a few class changes, here is just an overview of some of what you will see:

• A fairly significant DPS boost for Operatives/Scoundrels.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Tracer Missile/Grav Round and Power Shot/Charged Bolts.
  • Sorcerers/Sages will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Lightning Strike and Force Lightning/Disturbance and Telekinetic Throw.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos can now cast Kolto Shell/Trauma Probe on more than one target at a time.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos can now use Rapid Shots/Hammer Shot on themselves while Combat Support Cylinder/Combat Support Cell are active.

As always, look for the 2.6 patch notes for a full list of all changes that are coming! That is just a preview of what is to come.

-eric

Since this is just a overview, do we have any chance of getting any major Sorc healer changes?

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, Happy New Year everyone! I am back in the office now from the holidays so we are right back to some yellow posts :)

Also, Game Update 2.6 will come with a few class changes, here is just an overview of some of what you will see:

• Mercenaries/Commandos will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Tracer Missile/Grav Round and Power Shot/Charged Bolts.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos can now cast Kolto Shell/Trauma Probe on more than one target at a time.
  • Mercenaries/Commandos can now use Rapid Shots/Hammer Shot on themselves while Combat Support Cylinder/Combat Support Cell are active.

As always, look for the 2.6 patch notes for a full list of all changes that are coming! That is just a preview of what is to come.

-eric

I hope there's more to come on ammo management for Merc/Mandos Eric...an acknowledged issue when they replied to the class rep questions.

At least Sorc is getting something. This will probably be the 6th update where Juggernaut DPS is left untouched and made even less ideal to bring now that Merc and Sorc can lolspam abilities without worrying about incoming damage.

Focus(Rage) is grossly overpowered in PvP (smashers) and Vigilance(Vengeance) just got a root on Master Strike(Ravage), which helps a lot from what I have been told by Guardians (I had very little time to play my Guardian or Jugg since this, so I have no personal experience with that)

At least Sorc is getting something. This will probably be the 6th update where Juggernaut DPS is left untouched and made even less ideal to bring now that Merc and Sorc can lolspam abilities without worrying about incoming damage.
Not sure if this qualifies as "something". Feels more like a slap in the face. Well, i guess a slap in the face is something. At this point I'd prefer if they just forgot about sage/sorc altogether.

Either way, I'm going to spec DPS on my scoupratives and make people rage quit. But I'm sure the sages/sorcs will be able to beat me now that they have that fancy pushback ability.

Edited by MidichIorian

Game Update 2.6 first and foremost will mark the launch of Galactic Starfighter! That will mean the introduction of:

• A new Gunship variant.
  • Two Bomber variants!

• Sorcerers/Sages will now have a skill to eliminate pushback on Lightning Strike and Force Lightning/Disturbance and Telekinetic Throw.

-eric

All pretty things, although Consulars could use some of the most suggested changes (baseline Egress, radial knockback, etc). And thank you from my Commando Healer, she was constantly complaining why she can carry only one Trauma Probe.

• A new Gunship variant.
  • Two Bomber variants!

-eric

Will chat bubbles be in this patch, too? If not, which one will they be in? We've been waiting for over two years for them now.

Will chat bubbles be in this patch, too? If not, which one will they be in? We've been waiting for over two years for them now.

is chat bubbles really necessary for the game?

Seriously I heard that it was in works but cancelled after problems it created with lag and the engine. It is SO not worth unsubbing for

The rich keep getting richer. Operative is a decent DPS class, it doesn't need any 'significant' buffs. Yet Powertech, Assassin and Juggernaut are becoming less and less ideal to bring as a DPS class. Seriously, it's time to stop picking favourites here.

Shhhhh! Don't let them know that! Yes! Yes, we're terrible! Please buff us >:)

Err... No. Operatives as in Concealment are not a decent DPS class and they do indeed need significant buffs. Let me guess... you don't have any Operatives?

Concealment's issue isn't DPS actually (in PVE). It DOES have issues, but its more because of stealth reliance, reliability, no real gap closer for an all melee spec, and positioning requirement.

Concealment can still do 3600 on a dummy (yes, just a dummy, but the sign of good raiding is moving that to a dummy). But in a raid stealth reliance and positioning can make it suffer in actual raid. A pure DPS buff isn't what Concealment needs. It means fights that they do work they slaughter.

And yes, I have an Operative. However, I'm totally cheering for a buff. >:)

Focus(Rage) is grossly overpowered in PvP (smashers) and Vigilance(Vengeance) just got a root on Master Strike(Ravage), which helps a lot from what I have been told by Guardians (I had very little time to play my Guardian or Jugg since this, so I have no personal experience with that)

Yes in PVP. But tell me how a root benefits me in PVE? How does my root possibly make my DPS better against Titan 6? In PVE we're currently a lot weaker. Because yes, we smash you in PVP and we kill you because you have 30k HP and in about 4 GCD's, you're dead. But what about when a boss like Raptus has 10 million and we have to do 200 GCD's?

A root is not a buff, it's just making PVP'ers job more easier. PVE Jugg DPS has not recieved ANY kind of changes since 2.0 launched. If you can tell me one thing they have done to help PVE Jugg, I'll admit I'm wrong.

The rich keep getting richer. Operative is a decent DPS class, it doesn't need any 'significant' buffs. Yet Powertech, Assassin and Juggernaut are becoming less and less ideal to bring as a DPS class. Seriously, it's time to stop picking favourites here.

Concealment is pretty much universally recognized as the worst DPS spec in the whole game. Lethiality is barely passable and is definitely considered to be on the bottom tier as well. Non-medicine operatives have no surviability in PVP. They're like assassins who die twice as fast. Right now, as it stands, there's absolutely no reason to be a DPS operative over a DPS assassin. Not one.

Honestly, I would rather they had chosen to buff the survival side of the class for the DPS specs, rather than DPS, but anything is better than nothing. Go roll an operative, spec concealment, and see how long you survive in war zones when two people are attacking you at once. You can cloak to get away once, and you're dead the next time.

Concealment is pretty much universally recognized as the worst DPS spec in the whole game. Lethiality is barely passable and is definitely considered to be on the bottom tier as well. Non-medicine operatives have no surviability in PVP. They're like assassins who die twice as fast. Right now, as it stands, there's absolutely no reason to be a DPS operative over a DPS assassin. Not one.

Honestly, I would rather they had chosen to buff the survival side of the class for the DPS specs, rather than DPS, but anything is better than nothing. Go roll an operative, spec concealment, and see how long you survive in war zones when two people are attacking you at once. You can cloak to get away once, and you're dead the next time.

Ehm... DPS Operaitve in Lethality spec, is one of the best DPS classes you can bring in a raid? Not sure who you've been running with or how you've been playing your Operative but Lethality Operative is capable of insane damage.

In PVP sure. I won't question Operative's being bad in PVP. But that's due to survivability, not pure damage.

I was talking PVE.

Yes in PVP Operative blows and Sin does it better. As you said buffing the survival side (for PVP) would have been better.

Also, to be fair a two vs one should almost always turn out badly for the one. It DOESN'T but it SHOULD.

Well, last I checked PvP and PvE leader boards barely have any juggs. Rage jugg only performs well in uncompetitive regs. Veng performs poorly in every aspect of game play. The root was not needed and did not improve the spec performance. Jugg dps needs a serious improvement in all game aspects and for both dps specs.

I will reserve comments on merc, sorc and ops changes until we know exactly what they are.

Sin dps still sucks.

The changes did not mention content. I hope the patch is not only class balance...

HaoZhao knows what he is talking about, these other guys are clueless.

Ehm... DPS Operaitve in Lethality spec, is one of the best DPS classes you can bring in a raid? Not sure who you've been running with or how you've been playing your Operative but Lethality Operative is capable of insane damage.

Uh-huh. That's nice. Did you notice me say the word "war zone?" Well, I think you should read my post before you attempt to respond to it. Lethiality is garbage in war zones. Slap it with electro net and it's road kill. While corrosive grenade can be used at 30 metres back, cull is 10 metres and that's the main attack of the spec. At 10 metres you will be regularly picked apart in seconds because you're incapable of defending yourself once cloak is on cooldown.

Err... No. Operatives as in Concealment are not a decent DPS class and they do indeed need significant buffs. Let me guess... you don't have any Operatives?

As of right now, the best Parse I've seen out of all three of Shadow/Guardian/Vanguard is right around 3600. Scoundrels can pull close to 3800 in Dirty Fighting and 3600 in Scrapper. They do not need a dps increase at all. Their worst spec is performing just a good as the best possible parses for any of the other three. Guardians severely need a dps boost, and Vanguard/Shadow is in need of a boost too. By no means should Scoundrel be getting any sort of boost, especially not a significant boost. Not everyone wants to tank if they play a Guardian/Shadow/Vanguard, stop making that practically the only option Devs.

I actually started leveling a operative yesterday and was doing a WZ 5min ago, although very fun i did notice the 5sec im dead thingie which i dont have with me Assassin.

So i fully agree

Edited by Critical-

The changes did not mention content. I hope the patch is not only class balance...

It is a official launch for GSF, as first part of Eric's post says

• A new Gunship variant.
  • Two Bomber variants!

As of right now, the best Parse I've seen out of all three of Shadow/Guardian/Vanguard is right around 3600. Scoundrels can pull close to 3800 in Dirty Fighting and 3600 in Scrapper. They do not need a dps increase at all. Their worst spec is performing just a good as the best possible parses for any of the other three. Guardians severely need a dps boost, and Vanguard/Shadow is in need of a boost too. By no means should Scoundrel be getting any sort of boost, especially not a significant boost. Not everyone wants to tank if they play a Guardian/Shadow/Vanguard, stop making that practically the only option Devs.

Shhhh...let the PVP'ers keep demanding a buff to DPS. I'm very eager for 2.6

No! No! This guy is totally wrong! Lethality and Concealment are both terrible! Buff us! Buff us hard!

I actually started leveling a operative yesterday and was doing a WZ 5min ago, although very fun i did notice the 5sec im dead thingie which i dont have with me Assassin.

So i fully agree

Which is survivability issue, not DPS issue. The reason Operatives do so bad in PVP is because they die too quick and can't DPS. I don't do warzones on my Operative anymore for a reason and tend to settle for just PVE nowadays.

It is a official launch for GSF, as first part of Eric's post says

So if 2.5 is unofficial GSF launch and 2.6 is official GSF launch, by the time 2.7 is around (end of April?) that would be 7-8 month without PvE content and same period with no PvP content (unless you consider the Makeb arena content). If I do not like GSF, why should I continue supporting the game by subbing again?

Assassins need a little extra bleed damage in both specs, they are short about 200dps, they cant really add anymore to maul/shock/discharge without breaking pvp.

The first team to clear the council in TfB NiM had a jugg dps btw :p just saying

That being said operative dps do not have the defensive cooldowns assassins/juggs have, evasion and the ever so useless shield probe.

my operative wish list

I would like to see a buff to shield probe to the dps op tree's, up dmg absorption + a HoT after it depletes

Shiv should be free after a roll, both dps spec's, its not a gap closer currently its burns to much energy

Increase dmg on hidden strike/backstab - or have the means of making hidden strike crit 100% from stealth. My first attacks from my assassin almost always crit why not on my operative? a equally skill middle tree assassin will kill a middle tree operative 10/10 times

Edited by dego-harmonium

Yes I have an operative and LOLNO they don't need damage buffs.

The problem with operatives is that they die too damn easy. Not that they lack damage. Because they don't.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.