Space PvP Shout-outs!

Hanak

Some really nice matches lately.

Whiteknight, it's a pleasure flying with and against you. You're getting better every match. Keep at it!

Calenar, I don't think I've ever had such a hard time killing a Bomber in TDM.

Meghyn, you're quite the tenacious bulldog--very hard to shake!

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shout out to Eclipse Squadron, man have you guys picked up your game. Not that you guys wasn't already good to begin with.

Individuals I'm giving shout outs to, Ded'i, Gaa'ra, Geranium, Clerise, Shayd, Brute-Might, Scrab, Dementia, and Dracolich. You guys are tough and I always find it challenging to try and take down each of you. You guys are tough to shake off when you guys pursue you're definitely committed to the kill.

Been in some really good games lately and shout outs to both sides. Keep those tough games coming.

Edited by wvwraith

A general shout out to everyone - I've been away for 2 weeks and I've come back to find EH's GSF as vibrant as ever, with new and old faces giving me a good run for my money.

The difference between Republic and Imperial seems to be razor thin if there is any, which is a welcome shift in the balance of power from 2 weeks ago.

I'm feeling I have to raise my game to keep up, so kudos to everyone who's made my return this weekend so enjoyable ;-)

I like to think of Sonya as one of my Gunship Padawans.

Her and Meet'rika, who I haven't seen much of! And that makes me sad. Maybe Olio, but O was deeefinitely an advanced student. I snorted when he picked up a Comet Breaker, but after a while, I was just like, "No more training do you require. Already know you that which you need."

I do have a few new Gunship Padawans that I'm really pleased to see are taking off.

Shout-out to ... Arpro? Arpio? Something like that. Super squirrely and hard-to-kill.

Had some good matches with him in Denon this morning. In the first, he held A all by himself in a Rampart, against a half-dozen of us.

In the second, he was flying a Strike and I was chasing him, and he flew into the hangar of the giant Star Destroyer. I followed him, and we had a little dogfight contained entirely within the hangar. :) I was in a Jurgoran with BLC's and had the advantage, so he wisely fled after a while. But it was fun!

Had some fun dogfights with some cool Imps tonight that really have been helping me iron out my play style with my Starguard and getting faster on swapping lasers! ...Also on knowing when I'm outmatched for a head to head and thus when to take off running only to come back and shoot in the butt. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to throw out a quick apology to Sonya. This morning, while I was on Shayd, I targeted her pretty hard in a lopsided Domination in my Blackbolt.

I was experimenting with a new TDM build, and I had only time for one match before work. Unfortunately it was a poorly matched Domination instead of a Deathmatch.

I left the node defending to my allies (who unfortunately 3-capped) and instead just flew around killing. I wasn't trying to be malicious--just trying to do a test.

I wanted to pop in here and give some shout outs for the matches I flew last night.

Germanium, Ga'raa (And I apologise most profusely, but your two wingmen whose names I can only remember barely..I think Trataine, and something starting with a K? Damn I bad with names...:rolleyes:)

I seriously had a great time, you guys are tough opponents I I think we lost more than we won, but it was a blast all around. You guys are great. Ga'raa you are a slippery devil.

Aimbot / Leggogurl:: I hate you -.- ....................(:D)

Seriously, love flying against you, and with you.

Shout out to various Imperials I flew with this morning. We got put in a TDM and our opposition was literally all 2-shipper pubs.

To a man, we all picked unmastered ships, actually let the enemy fighters kill us, never picked up a single DO, and didn't spawn camp. Even those in Gunships only fired with minimal charge and didn't focus anyone. Instead, they taught the new pilots that railguns are a threat and must be countered. I was so happy to see the new pub Scouts peel to go chase our Gunships, and then to see some of those Gunships let themselves be killed after a bit of a chase.

We still won, but the other team got around 20 kills if I recall, whereas we easily could've flattened them 50-0.

And while those new pilots certainly didn't experience a realistic match, they at least had plenty of time to mess around, get a feel for the controls and map, and earn some requisition. I'm sure some may still have gotten frustrated, but if we'd gone 50-0 as we could have, then I'm certain they all would've been. At least with this match, they might queue again.

I wanted to pop in here and give some shout outs for the matches I flew last night.

Germanium, Ga'raa (And I apologise most profusely, but your two wingmen whose names I can only remember barely..I think Trataine, and something starting with a K? Damn I bad with names...:rolleyes:)

I seriously had a great time, you guys are tough opponents I I think we lost more than we won, but it was a blast all around. You guys are great. Ga'raa you are a slippery devil.

Aimbot / Leggogurl:: I hate you -.- ....................(:D)

Seriously, love flying against you, and with you.

Love flying with and against you too!!! And the person you're referring to up top is Traitine (Pylan) :)

• 2 weeks later...
And while those new pilots certainly didn't experience a realistic match, they at least had plenty of time to mess around, get a feel for the controls and map, and earn some requisition.

Awesome response. Kudos.

I've been procrastinating some shout outs but there have been some great fights this summer. Earlier this month, my guardian Antaaro, was flying against Tyraine in a TDM match. We won but Tyraine topped the scoreboard with 18 kills and 6 assists. Only three deaths but it wasn't for my lack of trying to blow him(?) to space dust.

The next day, Antaaro flew against Shayd, who had an equally impressive performance. But we lost that one. Later that day, an Imperial rookie pilot, Ayzun worked really hard to stay in the game. We lost, and Ayzun in a squeaky clean ship only managed two assists and a lot of deaths. But Azun managed a 33% hit percentage and was really, really persistent.

This week I've been flying on Antaanih, my Sorcerer, and Darklighter has been flying hard. Every time I see him on the other side I've made a bee-line for him because any time I didn't I'd find him flying up from behind me sailing through the debris cloud that used to be my ship.

I also wanted to give a shout-out to Imperial rookie Nagasyn. After a victorious TDM where I was near the top (not above Darklighter, but getting close), and Nagasyn was dead last, he whispered to me asking for advice on how to get good at GSF. I love to see rookies taking the initiative to ask questions and think about what they could do better.

One of the hardest things this summer is when I buy a new ship and then leaving it alone for the requisition to accumulate so I can swap out components and get them upgraded a but before launching it. Taking a 0 Requisition ship out against you all is painful.