Space PvP Shout-outs!

Hanak

Shout outs to everyone in both of these two matches.

Nice to have some real barn-burners where lead switches many times.... sometimes in the last ten seconds!

Yuuko-san, you're a beast, and I hate your Evasion so hard! :p

Hey, I was actually in that second match! TobiasFunke is my imp alt, flying GS with zero upgrades (at the time), the very first guy I rolled on TEH. I do have to say, watching you and Yuuko-san go at one another is incredibly entertaining (both in that match, and others, some when I'm on the other side).

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I was actually in that second match! TobiasFunke is my imp alt, flying GS with zero upgrades (at the time), the very first guy I rolled on TEH. I do have to say, watching you and Yuuko-san go at one another is incredibly entertaining (both in that match, and others, some when I'm on the other side).

Assuming you're Hel'loh, I've been meaning to compliment you as well. There was another match that Hel'loh and I carried together.

The one where that one guy got bent out of shape because I told the new pilots to focus on survival instead of killing.

And he was like, "We need kills to win!" and I said, "I'll get the kills--I just want the new pilots to fly evasively so as to not get farmed" (plus it's important to learn survival before lethality) and he said, "It's easy to top the scoreboard and look like an ace when you tell everyone not to fight"

:rolleyes:

Anyway, whether you are or are not Hel'loh, kudos to both of you :) And my compliments on the name(s).

[

Assuming you're Hel'loh, I've been meaning to compliment you as well. There was another match that Hel'loh and I carried together.

The one where that one guy got bent out of shape because I told the new pilots to focus on survival instead of killing.

And he was like, "We need kills to win!" and I said, "I'll get the kills--I just want the new pilots to fly evasively so as to not get farmed" (plus it's important to learn survival before lethality) and he said, "It's easy to top the scoreboard and look like an ace when you tell everyone not to fight"

:rolleyes:

Anyway, whether you are or are not Hel'loh, kudos to both of you :) And my compliments on the name(s).

You are astute (and assuming you're an AD fan, you have good taste too) - I am indeed Hel-loh as well. I'm much more effective as Hel-loh, largely because he was a transfer from Jedi Covenant...while none of his ships are mastered, he's at least got a couple of upgrades. Tob's got a ways to go. So thanks for the kudos.

And I remember the match you referred to vividly. I was actually going to post that story in the other thread I started in this forum ("GSF on TEH observations") - along with the following anecdote from a Kuat dom game: pre-match, you said you were going to hassle the opposition at C; the rest of us split up and took A & B quickly. You effectively stalled them at C (I think on a Blackbolt) and I think solo capped it (I'm not sure, I was at A). You said "if the score reaches 300-0, I'll let them have C so they keep queueing." Which is sensible, and the same strategy I espouse on JC. Anyway, it got to 300-1, and sure enough, you backed off C. But the backlash in chat from one guy was brutal; he made it clear he wanted to keep the 3-cap and just completely wreck the enemy.

Your response: "if they don't queue, and the next match is a war game, I'm going to focus YOU - and trust me, you don't want that." He fired off some kind of response, but that basically shut him the hell up. I was literally lol'ing.

I still spend most of my time on JC, but at minimum I do the dailies on TEH - and I'm enjoying it. Plenty of entertaining games on this server.

EDIT: almost forgot, I participated in my first TEH Strike Night this week. Even in my totally stock Rycer, it was a blast - most people seemed willing to participate, and those that didn't got focused into oblivion. Lots of fun.

Edited by MaximilianPower

Shout outs to everyone in both of these two matches.

Nice to have some real barn-burners where lead switches many times.... sometimes in the last ten seconds!

Yuuko-san, you're a beast, and I hate your Evasion so hard! :p

Oh yeah I'll remember that match for a long time, man, what a match, and great flying Nemarus, always love flying against you and with you.

I've returned after a prolonged absence and have been flying on Amdern (my baby sorc) lately and I've seen a lot of two shippers Imp side. Really just wanted to give a shout out to the various newbies that are out there flying. We've had a lot of really close loses and quite a few wins (by the skins of our teeth!), but it's been fantastic. There largely hasn't been the 'l2p newb' or newbie bashing. In fact folks have been good about calling incoming, general info etc.

So props newbies! And to the vets, thanks for taking the time to care and foster a community.

See y'all in the void!

I've returned after a prolonged absence and have been flying on Amdern (my baby sorc) lately and I've seen a lot of two shippers Imp side. Really just wanted to give a shout out to the various newbies that are out there flying. We've had a lot of really close loses and quite a few wins (by the skins of our teeth!), but it's been fantastic. There largely hasn't been the 'l2p newb' or newbie bashing. In fact folks have been good about calling incoming, general info etc.

So props newbies! And to the vets, thanks for taking the time to care and foster a community.

See y'all in the void!

Welcome back! Make sure to /cjoin Gsf on both sides. And of course Eclipse Squadron is happy to have you if you're looking for a regular (but casual) crew to fly and talk shop with, Impside.

We also are ramping up on RP on Wednesday nights.

• 3 weeks later...
Shout out to Kvikorma and Polgara because I haven't seen them in a long time and last night they were totally wrecking my stuff. :( Some very close games and some disappointing losses, but it was great to see the two of them again.

Those were some great by-the-skin-of-your-teeth matches :D

You'll probably see me and my wife a little bit more going forward for awhile. August is almost over and the busy season at work is finishing up, so hopefully we'll have some extra time to play in TOR.

Shout out to Pylan, Renegade-one, Itkovian (or is it Iktovian?) and Irialle. Was great to see you guys flying again tonight even if it meant I was dying...........................alot........................

But seriously. Where have you guys been? GSF has missed you.

Shout out to Pylan, Renegade-one, Itkovian (or is it Iktovian?) and Irialle. Was great to see you guys flying again tonight even if it meant I was dying...........................alot........................

But seriously. Where have you guys been? GSF has missed you.

Nice to see you too! Last night was a freakin blast! Most fun I've had GSFin in a while. I know Itkovian has been busy both IRL and with his guild, but Pylan and I have been jumping been LoL, Guns of Icarus, SWTOR GSF, and of course Star Citizen (next patch allows group queuing!!!). But if we can see more matches like we had last night, I'm sure we'll be playing more. Again, great to see you guys out last night! :)

Last night was just tremendously fun (and stressful!)

There were at least three really, really intense TDM's that ended with both teams within 2 points of each other. Though one of the early ones was spoiled a bit because we had a self-destructor / AFKer on our team. :( Unfortunately it does appear that some non-serious pilots are just sitting in matches to earn conquest points. We need to make sure we vote-kick those guys!

Big shout-outs to everyone in Saberwing and Aimbot's group (is it still called "Damage Overcharge"?)

Last night was just tremendously fun (and stressful!)

There were at least three really, really intense TDM's that ended with both teams within 2 points of each other. Though one of the early ones was spoiled a bit because we had a self-destructor / AFKer on our team. :( Unfortunately it does appear that some non-serious pilots are just sitting in matches to earn conquest points. We need to make sure we vote-kick those guys!

Big shout-outs to everyone in Saberwing and Aimbot's group (is it still called "Damage Overcharge"?)

Bro, our first TDM against you we had someone go 0-11 with 98 misses and a 2% accuracy, so we were just as sad. It absolutely sucks that we can't just play Elites vs. Elites :/ That said, in that same opening match going 10-7 against you guys and taking 42k damage, I've never felt more "ZOMG GIVE ME A BREAK" then at that moment - like someone from your group was actively trying to shut us down hard. SO MUCH FUN! I don't remember what time that was (went to the bar to celebrate new job with a couple bros), but it was a tantastic time and I'd love to see it happen again (wondered if you were a full pre-made or just 4, cuz I saw You, Ar'mond, Tracinyase, Cynfor, Gaa'ra, and a few others).

Regards to the "guild" name - yeah, it's still DO, but we're not really a "guild" like Eclipse and Saberwing - we're a collective of awesome individuals with minimal talent for coordinated group play (save Pylan and Waefi) but our biggest problem is having the Jung'Ma folks that came with us be online (Haven't seen Alex log on to TEH in a while, for example).

Hey you got me back a few times too! There were a few times you popped in behind me and I thought for sure I was going to be okay because it was someone else until suddenly.. EXPLOSION.

Off topic, but I totally need a new mouse, this one is dying and resulting in so many missed chances to kill someone. Nothing will make you rage more then having a shot lined up perfectly, having the weapon energy to fire, pressing your left mouse button and watching absolutely nothing happen.

I use the Naga Hex. (6 thumb buttons) it's pretty dam awesome, been thinking of using a game pad, not sure which one would be good though.

I've got an MX518 right now, gonna get a Logitech 400S at some point to replace it.

I'd like to offer a reverse shout-out to the tool who self-destructed repeatedly over and over in a TDM game this afternoon...I think 14 times total, I forget the exact number, but it was about the number we ended up losing by. I won't name and shame, but I imagine a couple folks reading this thread know who I'm referring to. The guy made no secret about what he was doing.

This seems like a form of griefing to me, and a couple of us reported the dude after the match. Not that I expect any action from BW, but we felt like we had to do something.

I'm not a regular on this forum, so I don't know how unusual this is. I'm assuming the guy just wanted to pile up conquest points, or maybe he was just being an ***. It was kind of hard to tell.

I use the Naga Hex. (6 thumb buttons) it's pretty dam awesome, been thinking of using a game pad, not sure which one would be good though.

*Looks at my mouse :-/ *

I have a 2 button Rite Aid mouse with the wheel in the middle. :rolleyes:

Shout outs to Ded'i and Akashi. You guys are tough to kill!

Are you that Sonya the VX-9 Redeemer pilot by chance? If so, you are a mean GS. I do not like you when you have set up. :( You make my ships melt.

Edited by Caernos

Are you that Sonya the VX-9 Redeemer pilot by chance? If so, you are a mean GS. I do not like you when you have set up. :( You make my ships melt.

That would be me. Thanks, I try, but these days I'm getting more holes in my gs than making them. lols

Shoutout to Gyrfalcon, Freckles, and Krekldev. Those were some great matches last night. You guys did really well considering how often we had only half a team.

Extra special shoutout to <Heroic Fate> for intentionally sabotaging GSF matches for conquest points. Real classy, guys. There were a couple of those we might have won without you.

And, finally, shoutout to Tolgid for going along with us when we wanted to make that wargame against them last as long as possible. Well played!

Edited by DakhathKilrathi

Extra special shoutout to <Heroic Fate> for intentionally sabotaging GSF matches for conquest points. Real classy, guys. There were a couple of those we might have won without you.

Yeah, I think this is what I was referring to in my post on the previous page - my "reverse shout out"

But I should add a standard shout out to you for fighting the good fight in the very match I mentioned, and for afterwards exhorting the team to report the offender. Which I did. No good way to combat that kind of behavior, but at least it's getting some visibility.