Space PvP Shout-outs!

Hanak

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess that's why they do GSF. In actual PVP they get melted. In space you can buy a ship and sit in the back.

Ah, so because I don't pvp on my main toon, that I don't pvp on other characters? I give you an A+ in douchbag trolling attempt, which I can't understand I have a great amount of respect for your guild and team with them when I pvp on my sorc healer. But, its okay, I love pvp healing and have no epeen to stroke like you do, so, moving foreward from here I look forward in all future matches with you and the rest of you excellent guild members.

Slayve.

Sorc healer.

Gets melted, the way it should be.

Come back, get meleted some more, and loving every *********** minute of it.

Edited by Nomaad

Ah, so because I don't pvp on my main toon, that I don't pvp on other characters? I give you an A+ in douchbag trolling attempt, which I can't understand I have a great amount of respect for your guild and team with them when I pvp on my sorc healer. But, its okay, I love pvp healing and have no epeen to stroke like you do, so, moving foreward from here I look forward in all future matches with you and the rest of you excellent guild members.

Slayve.

Sorc healer.

Gets melted, the way it should be.

Come back, get meleted some more, and loving every *********** minute of it.

Ded'i, I think he meant to say he can't get off the carrier without his huggies on and his training wings.

Ded'i, I think he meant to say he can't get off the carrier without his huggies on and his training wings.

And its really difficult for me to get 10k railshots on my pt if the Saberwing tissue paper targets aren't on the other team.

Just sayin... you guys are squishy.

Go back to shooting pixels at other pixels.

And its really difficult for me to get 10k railshots on my pt if the Saberwing tissue paper targets aren't on the other team.

Uh huh. Fail. You fail sir.

Just sayin... you guys are squishy.

Wow, a ground pvper telling us we're squishy. Last time I checked, so were you guys. You melt to rocks, little lasers, etc, etc, etc. ;) Hey, I can admit I'm squishy!

Go back to shooting pixels at other pixels.

Tisk, tisk, tisk. We're all pixels.

Looking at your report card you're at 0/3. *stamps a red F on your report card* I'm sorry to send you to summer school to repeat the course, but hey you might pass next time. Toodles.

I wouldn't put a characters name on your sig is I were you either.

You're not the first e-thug to come to a GSF thread show off your ignorance, and you won't be the last. Clearly you think you're boss for telling other people that their way of playing a video game isn't as good as yours. In reality you are the latest in a line of sad little kids whose lack of self-worth leads them to proclaim, to a bunch of people who don't care, that they are superior because they're good at mmo-style pvp and mmo pvp is hard (lol). I would say you're a poor representation of the ground pvp scene and you should stop before further embarrassing yourself, but I've never even heard of you so I'm just going to say take your *****posting elsewhere. Maybe go kick sand in some toddlers face because they can't get your huge skillshot crits.

Edited by wilcou

Everyone who knows me, knows I don;t think pvp is hard. I also don't think I am very good by any means. However, you can describe GSF any way you want. In reality though it was a system created to assist people who couldn't understand the basics of mmo PVP. The disparity in common sense for ground pvp created a large rift among players. Think about it, in pvp how often have you seen someone guarding a node completely incorrectly or completely gearing incorrectly. They have every avenue to gain knowledge, but they chose not to. Rather than players who have never pvp'd in an mmo learning the basics they decided to remain fail mode until Bioware gave into them.

With GSF, they don't need to know how to cc or gear.

Now instead of us getting additional classes in this game, and pvp/pve content they are spending their time on creating GSF content. I guess you can say I hate gsf and everything it represents because it took game I was really enjoying, and turned it into a care-bear version of starfox.

Edited by Dreadlordwisco

Everyone who knows me, knows I don;t think pvp is hard. I also don't think I am very good by any means. However, you can describe GSF any way you want. In reality though it was a system created to assist people who couldn't understand the basics of mmo PVP. The disparity in common sense for ground pvp created a large rift among players. Think about it, in pvp how often have you seen someone guarding a node completely incorrectly or completely gearing incorrectly. They have every avenue to gain knowledge, but they chose not to. Rather than players who have never pvp'd in an mmo learning the basics they decided to remain fail mode until Bioware gave into them.

Now instead of us getting additional classes in this game, and pvp/pve content they are spending their time on creating GSF content. I guess you can say I hate gsf and everything it represents because it took game I was really enjoying, and turned it into a care-bear version of starfox.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. There is so much of this post that makes no sense whatsoever. Oh man, this cracked me up. Thank you for making my night dude.

Also, I have some shout outs here as well.

Kvikorma, Pol'gara, Taisetsuna (a.k.a. Yuuko-san or however you spell your name). Great couple of matches. You guys totally reamed me and my squad in that TDM and then when that DOM popped and I saw you guys I was expecting another loss but we managed to pull through and beat you. It was scary at some points, but a lot of fun. Great flying to both of you.

Sriia, it was great to actually fly with you for once instead of against you. And then you ruined the moment by switching to your pub. Still, always alot of fun going up against you.

Shout out to Phil as well, there were a couple times where I thought I had you, and then the DOT from your plasma rail got me or one of your wingmen did. Great flying and shooting.

Shout out to my Eclipse Squadron guildmates. It is always a pleasure to fly with you guys; win or lose, ace or vet, you guys can be my wingman anytime.

IT makes perfect sense.

You see there used to be this star wars mmo, and it was amazing. then they started focusing on player housing, and added space combat called "jump to lightspeed." Then these new star wars movies came out and they tried to incorporate them despite there being an issue with the timeline.

Then came the NGE, they altered the game by reducing the abilities and complication in an effort to reduce the skill gap.

This game is no longer being supported by SOE, and it was called Star Wars Galaxies if you haven;t caught on by now. Judging by the addition of the dumbed down space pvp, player housing, and the movies which I am sure will be referenced soon. It is clear this game is going down a downard spiral. By embracing GSF you are just encouraging this.

IT makes perfect sense.

You see there used to be this star wars mmo, and it was amazing. then they started focusing on player housing, and added space combat called "jump to lightspeed." Then these new star wars movies came out and they tried to incorporate them despite there being an issue with the timeline.

Then came the NGE, they altered the game by reducing the abilities and complication in an effort to reduce the skill gap.

This game is no longer being supported by SOE, and it was called Star Wars Galaxies if you haven;t caught on by now. Judging by the addition of the dumbed down space pvp, player housing, and the movies which I am sure will be referenced soon. It is clear this game is going down a downard spiral. By embracing GSF you are just encouraging this.

Seriously? You're pretty much just ranting away now. What's wrong with a little customization in games or you just wanting everything to be exactly the same all the time? Far as gsf goes, you sound like someone that played, got blown up a few times and raged quit. This isn't Star Wars Galaxies, you need to realize it and stop comparing the two, this is its own entity. If you're that frustrated with the game then maybe you need to move on to something else.

Both game modes have a surface layer that is immediately apparent. In Ground PvP, it's what you see in lowbie warzones. Target people. Use my abilities. Do damage. Try and capture objectives.

In GSF ... it's point and shoot, fly in a circle around a satellite.

In both cases, that basic knowledge will reward mediocre performance against equally inexperienced foes.

But in high level play, both ground PvP and GSF are dominated by those who understand the arcana of deeper mechanics.

In ground PvP, those include:

Expertise

Bolster

Resolve

Stun-break management

Stat-caps

In GSF, those include:

Power management

Shield-piercing

Armor-piercing

Accuracy vs. Evasion

Range vs. Tracking Penalty

Missile-break economy

Damage Overcharge

Advanced satellite capture/hold techniques

In the case of GSF, there is no PvE training ground, and thus the learning curve is much more sudden. This has the adverse effect of frustrating new players and reducing the overall population. With the population reduced, the problem is compounded, because matchmaking doesn't have enough of a pool to always pit veterans against veterans. Thus new players who wander in, curious, are often bludgeoned by experienced pilots, like gods amongst insects.

This same phenomenon happened in Ranked Arenas as well. The only people who play ranked are those who understand every nuance of the game, and any casuals who dare queue are crushed so hard they don't queue again.

I really don't get why GSF and ground PvP fans have any reason to be antagonistic toward each other. Neither should have any expectation that skills in one mode should translate automatically to skills in another. They are entirely separate animals.

Any notions to the contrary, in my opinion, are just trolling. And I'll recommend people just Report them, rather than respond to them.

Edited by Nemarus

Both game modes have a surface layer that is immediately apparent. In Ground PvP, it's what you see in lowbie warzones. Target people. Use my abilities. Do damage. Try and capture objectives.

In GSF ... it's point and shoot, fly in a circle around a satellite.

In both cases, that basic knowledge will reward mediocre performance against equally inexperienced foes.

But in high level play, both ground PvP and GSF are dominated by those who understand the arcana of deeper mechanics.

In ground PvP, those include:

Expertise

Bolster

Resolve

Stun-break management

Stat-caps

In GSF, those include:

Power management

Shield-piercing

Armor-piercing

Accuracy vs. Evasion

Range vs. Tracking Penalty

Missile-break economy

Damage Overcharge

Advanced satellite capture/hold techniques

In the case of GSF, there is no PvE training ground, and thus the learning curve is much more sudden. This has the adverse effect of frustrating new players and reducing the overall population. With the population reduced, the problem is compounded, because matchmaking doesn't have enough of a pool to always pit veterans against veterans. Thus new players who wander in, curious, are often bludgeoned by experienced pilots, like gods amongst insects.

This same phenomenon happened in Ranked Arenas as well. The only people who play ranked are those who understand every nuance of the game, and any casuals who dare queue are crushed so hard they don't queue again.

I really don't get why GSF and ground PvP fans have any reason to be antagonistic toward each other. Neither should have any expectation that skills in one mode should translate automatically to skills in another. They are entirely separate animals.

Any notions to the contrary, in my opinion, are just trolling. And I'll recommend people just Report them, rather than respond to them.

Basically people who are bad at one like to flame the people who are good at the one they're bad at. It's like in high school when you're real bad at math and you take the lunch money of the math genius.

Shout out to my guildmate Armonddd who was flying pub side tonight. Not sure what I did to tick you off but you came after me with a vengeance. Sorry.

Shout out to Taisetsuna, those last two matches against you were brutal. You alone were serious trouble but your team was pretty insane too.

Shout out to Obhrim, sorry if it felt like I was focusing you tonight. It's cause I was. I knew that in a couple of those matches you were in that if we left you alone you would swing the game in your favor. That TDM was so close and was an amazing game, and then in the next match you guys crushed us pretty hard. Still, both were intense and a lot of fun.

Shout out to all the Imperials I was flying with tonight. I don't know about you all but I felt like I had a very tough night, personally. Sometimes I was bitter, sometimes I was frustrated and annoyed, but mostly I had fun.

Great flying to all pilots out there.

• 2 weeks later...
Heya, not from this server but thinking of moving an alt over to test the gsf waters out. I fly shadowlands on my main with Toddy and his group/ with my guild. Any guilds that do gsf and pve imp side? I only have one pub toon on shadowlands and would rather transfer one of my 4 imp alts (one is up to 4 ships) . That being said, I don't mind making a new alt on TEH if there is a pub guild that fits better. Hope I don't mess up this thread with the post! Shoot me a private message if you have some advice :) Edited by Pujaradactyl

Heya, not from this server but thinking of moving an alt over to test the gsf waters out. I fly shadowlands on my main with Toddy and his group/ with my guild. Any guilds that do gsf and pve imp side? I only have one pub toon on shadowlands and would rather transfer one of my 4 imp alts (one is up to 4 ships) . That being said, I don't mind making a new alt on TEH if there is a pub guild that fits better. Hope I don't mess up this thread with the post! Shoot me a private message if you have some advice :)

Eclipse Squadron is the big Imperial GSF guild. We do not do any PVE progression though. At most, we dabble in flashpoints or story ops. Mainly we just queue queue queue.

On the Republic side, the biggest GSF guild is Saberwing. They are a larger guild in general and do lots of activities. They are strong at GSF, but queue (and win) a bit less frequently than Eclipse Squadron I think.

So Id say Eclipse if you want to really focus on GSF, or Saberwing if you want a mix.

You should be able to get in touch with Saberwing on the Republic GSF channel.

Eclipse Squadron is the big Imperial GSF guild. We do not do any PVE progression though. At most, we dabble in flashpoints or story ops. Mainly we just queue queue queue.

On the Republic side, the biggest GSF guild is Saberwing. They are a larger guild in general and do lots of activities. They are strong at GSF, but queue (and win) a bit less frequently than Eclipse Squadron I think.

So Id say Eclipse if you want to really focus on GSF, or Saberwing if you want a mix.

You should be able to get in touch with Saberwing on the Republic GSF channel.

You do realize Scrab myself and Leggo are in Saber now right? We never lose.