Space PvP Shout-outs!

Hanak

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Want to make some quick shout outs

Shout out to Fai'Tonneu (no idea if spelled that right) was a lot of fun flying with you.

Shout out to all of the imps who were queing up tonight, saw some good flying and great teamwork out there.

Shout out to Phil and his pub teammates (and I'm really sorry that I can't remember everyone's names :( ) Those were some of the most coordinated swarm tactics I've seen in any match and were pretty intimidating, having so many hostile ships converge on one sat all at once.

Wanted to make a shout out to Mika-something. I wish I could remember the name, in my head it looks like "Mitsubishi" but I don't think that's right. Either way, they were shooting very accurately with a GS in a few matches. It was actually really cool to watch as I was chasing one guy and wounding him and then a red streak shot in from the side and vaporized my target. So great shooting.

Also, shout out to Sonya. There were two matches last night where it really felt like our team was just rolling over your team. Despite the lack of support you had, and the constant pressure we put on you specifically (there were a couple of times where I went out of my way to hunt you down, sorry) you still kept coming back to the fight. So shout out to you for perseverance.

Also, shout out to Rubinicus, always good to see you. As soon as I saw you grab the TDM (I was about 8 to 10 clicks away when you grabbed it at the match start) I just said "nope, not dealing with that" and went the other way. Wasn't too successful though :(

That's all I've got for now, keep flying guys, having a lot of fun lately.

Wanted to give out a shout out to Cheechong. There's a handful of gunships that are extremely tough to kill in any given match, but, you sir, are definitely among them. There's several times I had you on the brink and like a bar of soap you were slippery to no end. You flew your t3 like a scout in close quarters which was impressive. Not sure where you came from, but kudos.

If this guy isn't guilded, Eclipse Squadron should pick him up.

I've been away for a while, but I've been flying the last week or so, and I have two shout outs from last night.

First, to Shayd:

I'm not sure how many members of Eclipse Squadron you had with you, but you all flew as a team, and flew brilliantly.

I only flew against you twice last night, but in the first match you took us 50-14 and I felt proud to have gotten 4 kills. In the second match it was 50-3 and I felt lucky to only have 6 (I think) deaths, and one kill. Really brings out what a good squad can do. Plus, I like a challenge.

To Cheechong:

You sir, are excellent. If we still have an ace list, you belong on it. In the matches we flew against you, you evaded so well, and were such a challenge, I just had to chase you. You are truly a great pilot.

Thanks to everyone who flew yesterday, I am reminded why I love GSF.

Wanted to give out a shout out to Cheechong. There's a handful of gunships that are extremely tough to kill in any given match, but, you sir, are definitely among them. There's several times I had you on the brink and like a bar of soap you were slippery to no end. You flew your t3 like a scout in close quarters which was impressive. Not sure where you came from, but kudos.

If this guy isn't guilded, Eclipse Squadron should pick him up.

Wow, the memories - I haven't been associated with a bar of soap since prison.

Glad to hear I present a challenge, as every time I see your name I clench up a little bit inside. Nope, no relaxing this round - hear that heavy breathing, roughly 15k behind your neck? Gotta be Sonya.

BOOOM.

Yep, it was Sonya.

It's been a tremendously intense week of starfighter combat! I've been in a number of TDM's which ended with both teams being within 1 point of each other, Dominations with tons of sat-transfers and gold medals, and several rematches between premade teams which went one way, then the other. Fantastic flying all around!

There were some heartbreaking TDM results for both sides.

I do want to give some special shout-outs:

Evgeni -- your ability to snapshot is tremendous! I was amazed several times that you landed shots on me at crazy angles. I was usually darned if I tried to attack you, but more darned if I didn't.

Mordok -- though it seemed like we flew past each other a lot of times, I definitely noticed your name near the top of the scoreboard several matches.

Sriia -- doesn't matter what you're flying, you are a threat and a difference-maker! You always seemed to form the core of awesome teams.

Vrek -- you always seem to be on my tail causing me ulcers!

And on the Imperial side, while I love all my Eclipse Squadron wingmen, I do want to call out two of them specifically:

Archerov -- my own Guildie, I just want to say that you are the most slippery Bomber ever. I swear it's like your Bomber has Distortion Field or something. So hard to kill!

Kaytlee -- a new recruit who has proven to be quite a threatening presence in the battlespace!

Edited by Nemarus

Big shout out to the pub flyers I've been lucky to fly with:

Fanu

Crazyeights

Sonya

Freckles

Evgeni

Xen'xe

I also want to shout out to these individuals and to T-dizzle as well.

Eclispe got on a roll alst night racking up nearly 12 straight wins before a reo team pulled off a text book dom win to break the streak.

In most fo that run I was there and so was T-dizzle. every time his name tag came up on my HUD I was on him and either killed him or chased him away, but darnit if he wasn't right back in the thick of things again moments later.

That type of persistence just needs to be given recognition. great Job T-Dizzle.

Shout out to the Pubs and Imps that flew in the one match I flew last night. I realize it was probably not any fun for you all, watching me hop and skip all over the place and I assure you it sucked just as much for me. Eventually I parked myself at a Sat and just waited for something to happen because I couldn't do anything. Even typing to my allies took a minute or two to go through and post in chat.

So for anyone who I might have flown against last night, I'm really sorry about the lag. I'm hoping I can get all the kinks of my new setup sorted out soon but it's turning into a long work in progress.

Shout out to all the pilots who have been queing during Broken GSF. We are a dedicated bunch. Also, shout out to my team in that Denon Dom. 6 two shippers and two vets against a mixed bag of pilots and yet the two shipper's won. Through superior coordination, tactics, smart flying, you guys held your own and controlled the battle; well done.

As for individual player shout outs, Shout out to Rycinn. In a war game last night you made some excellent shots that came out of nowhere and vaporized me, well done. And shout out to Aws (I think that was his name) who had to hold a sat against five other pilots in Denon before I could reach it and help him out. Great defensive flying.

• 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth (I'm not that well liked on the forums here)

Shout-outs to Sríía, Freckles and May'sa, who tolerate my near-constant bomber piloting and attempts at strategy.

It's always a pleasure to fly with you, and definitely to see my strategies appreciated!

Also, a shoutout to Evgeni, who - apart from being one heck of a pilot - flies against impossible odds, supports my bombing runs and sniping, and in general is a great guy to have on your team.

~~~~

Also, and I am incredibly dissappointed for not finding this thread sooner and acknowledging them, I'd like to thank my wonderful trainers:

Rhint -- Workings of the Quarrel.

Rhodogast -- The person who convinced me to fly a Rampart and Warcarrier, and who taught me how to hold the line in those babies.

Daphnii -- For teaching me the pike, I fly it at least daily, and protorp anything in my way!

Tsukiyomi -- for helping me overcome my Star Guard and Sledgehammer troubles; the imps are greatly cursing you for getting me to use ion cannons. I, well, I love it!

Aimbot and Pylan -- for helping me with general GSF strats and basics, and taking me along on many squadron runs.

Sríía -- who through long and winding discussions taught me (though she might not know it) to appreciate scout, and be a moderate thorn with the FlashFire.

And Evgeni for convincing me to run a battlescout and get a lot of enjoyment from it!

Thanks guys, you did a wonderful job getting me to where I am now.

Edited by NikSunrider

For what it's worth (I'm not that well liked on the forums here)

Shout-outs to Sríía, Freckles and May'sa, who tolerate my near-constant bomber piloting and attempts at strategy.

It's always a pleasure to fly with you, and definitely to see my strategies appreciated!

Also, a shoutout to Evgeni, who - apart from being one heck of a pilot - flies against impossible odds, supports my bombing runs and sniping, and in general is a great guy to have on your team.

~~~~

Also, and I am incredibly dissappointed for not finding this thread sooner and acknowledging them, I'd like to thank my wonderful trainers:

Rhint -- Workings of the Quarrel.

Rhodogast -- The person who convinced me to fly a Rampart and Warcarrier, and who taught me how to hold the line in those babies.

Daphnii -- For teaching me the pike, I fly it at least daily, and protorp anything in my way!

Tsukiyomi -- for helping me overcome my Star Guard and Sledgehammer troubles; the imps are greatly cursing you for getting me to use ion cannons. I, well, I love it!

Aimbot and Pylan -- for helping me with general GSF strats and basics, and taking me along on many squadron runs.

Sríía -- who through long and winding discussions taught me (though she might not know it) to appreciate scout, and be a moderate thorn with the FlashFire.

And Evgeni for convincing me to run a battlescout and get a lot of enjoyment from it!

Thanks guys, you did a wonderful job getting me to where I am now.

Heh, a good list of several skilled pilots. Evegeni and Sriia in part really tore apart my team the two matches I was in last night.

...In truth, for Christmas I wish that some of these good pilots would fly Imp side more often so that I can actually patch the holes in my hull and stop getting vaped in two seconds flat. :D

Edited by Caernos

Had a really good match against the Pubs Sriia, Lampert, and Tsaikie Kenoichi (I have no idea how to spell the last one, I think it's one of Yuuko's alts cause he had 29 kills at the end) last night.

Despite losing 38-50 (I think that was the score, don't quote me on that) I flew some of my best defensive flying ever. Managed to stay evasive for several minutes at a time and avoid getting shot down by BLC Flashfires, gunships and strikes while weaving in and out of the Lost Shipyards; diving between containers, rolling through construction arms, etc. At one point I pulled a crazy ivan and saw that I had six fighters coming after me. Whole thing was so crazy that I had to laugh as I shot in between them and made a break for safety. Lampert got me on that one, but it was still crazy fun.

So for reals, shout out to the pubs last night. I may have lost, but man was it a fun way of losing.

Had a really good match against the Pubs Sriia, Lampert, and Tsaikie Kenoichi (I have no idea how to spell the last one, I think it's one of Yuuko's alts cause he had 29 kills at the end) last night.

Despite losing 38-50 (I think that was the score, don't quote me on that) I flew some of my best defensive flying ever. Managed to stay evasive for several minutes at a time and avoid getting shot down by BLC Flashfires, gunships and strikes while weaving in and out of the Lost Shipyards; diving between containers, rolling through construction arms, etc. At one point I pulled a crazy ivan and saw that I had six fighters coming after me. Whole thing was so crazy that I had to laugh as I shot in between them and made a break for safety. Lampert got me on that one, but it was still crazy fun.

So for reals, shout out to the pubs last night. I may have lost, but man was it a fun way of losing.

Tensai-Hikoushi :p

A big salute to everyone running up that score and triple capping on obviously under-geared teams.

Lots of fun and nice to see the elite veterans jumping in there too.

A fun night,

Let's keep it up!

It was a fun night. We don't get to play together a lot anymore, and these results are a huge factor. There are few who can amass an opposition capable of stopping the onslaught, but we went to multiple severy and did the same thing. We even split up to try and not destroy queues. Unless there is a Super Serious night every night, we aren't looking to curb stomp :)

Shout out to all last night - GSF is more fun with and against friends

Edit: Meetr'ika, your performance has vastly improved!! Your attitude is phenom and you will only continue to get better! !

Edited by SammyGStatus