Meanwhile in the Assassin forums...

Sideblaze

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All three of my heavy hitters on my sin (Maul shock and discharge) routinely hit harder than my OPs... Pretty said considering OP is full obroan and my sin is in partisan gear. Can also play offensively 80% of the time on my Sin compared to always having to worry about every single other person in the warzone on my OP lol

• 2 weeks later...
You have heals. You aren't supposed to be able to match a deception sin's burst. Just because your heals aren't as good as if you had specced into heals,doesn't mean you should take them off your hotbar.

Assasins get taunt and other utility instead of heals.

Taunts and such are actually usable while being a dps. "offheals" are laughably ineffective.

Edited by CaptainApop

You have heals. You aren't supposed to be able to match a deception sin's burst. Just because your heals aren't as good as if you had specced into heals,doesn't mean you should take them off your hotbar.

When exactly should we heal? Oh! look I've just taken 21k damage by a sin in 6 seconds; I'm down to 5k hp.... Time to heal!

Casting heal

Oneonethousan.... *SMASH* dead

Obviously you've never played this class a day in your life.

Edited by Ahebish

take away all my heals via checkbox, but buff my dcs and dps to sins level.

[X] "I want to be a pure dps" in skill tree for example .

Still no? :)

Also... Tell this to sorcs and mercs. :D

When exactly should we heal? Oh! look I've just taken 21k damage by a sin in 6 seconds; I'm down to 5k hp.... Time to heal!

Casting heal

Oneonethousan.... *SMASH* dead

Obviously you've never played this class a day in your life.

if you play an op, and your first thought when getting focused is to heal, you deserve to die. you have the 2 best escape mechanisms in the game. use them.

take away all my heals via checkbox, but buff my dcs and dps to sins level.

[X] "I want to be a pure dps" in skill tree for example .

Still no? :)

I wouldn't have a problem with that, but it isn't how your class was designed to be played. if you think you're dps as an op, you're doing it wrong. if you want an assassin's dps, roll a *********** assassin.

Also... Tell this to sorcs and mercs. :D

I play an arsenal merc. I heal all the time when someone on my team needs it and i'm able to get the cast off. because i'm pro. I play my classes the way they are supposed to be played.

I play an arsenal merc. I heal all the time when someone on my team needs it and i'm able to get the cast off. because i'm pro. I play my classes the way they are supposed to be played.

9/10

would bang..

Edited by nzologic

A lot of typical assassin newbs in here that have little idea about how their class has been playing the game for them, making them mistaken that they have any kind of skill, hence talks louder than even the worst newbs playing a class that at least take some form of skill.

Dont be surprised. There's a reason why this game is dying. Log in game and look around you, all BW/EA is doing is coming up with more cash transaction items than focusing on contents or pvp balance. Ever since F2P BW has came out with what... 6 different gamble boxes? like 80 different cash purchase only mount and probably 10 different plasma shpes and 100 different color crystals as well as what 200 different blaster skins and armor models? and 95% of them are cash transaction only items.

nuff said.

Edited by warultima

Group stealth is a pretty nifty group utility ability...

So good it was patently ignored by 99% of ops until arenas became "the" thing and it was tangentially useful for openers.

Once per round, out of combat. Yippee.

Personally I've been asking them to make infiltrate a less niche/dumb ability since launch.

Note: Big difference between arsenal mercs and sorcs throwing out off heals is range. Casts in melee don't work.

Of our "best escape mechanisms in the game" one totally rapes our energy bar and is useless when snared (most of the time when we'd want to "escape") and the other is ALSO our best damage dealing cooldown.

Edited by CaptainApop

No no! I meant burst/heals ratio in this quote. Mers and sorcs both have a very good burst and heals. :)

You have heals. You aren't supposed to be able to match a deception sin's burst.

:p

Note: Big difference between arsenal mercs and sorcs throwing out off heals is range. Casts in melee don't work.

Of our "best escape mechanisms in the game" one totally rapes our energy bar and is useless when snared (most of the time when we'd want to "escape") and the other is ALSO our best damage dealing cooldown.

This. Just because we CAN heal, doesn't make it viable for us to do so.

Scenario 1: We're in the thick of things and our health starts to drop. QUICK! get that 2.5 second Kolto Injection off.. Interrupted? Use your Tactical Advantage and use Kolto Infusion! It's faster anyway! Interrupted again? and now you're dead. Sucks bro.

Scenario 2: We're in the thick of things and our health starts to drop. QUICK! Exfiltrate yourself out of there! Wait? You're snared so you roll a huge 6 meters away? EXFILTRATE AGAIN! You're now a massive 12 meters away and it only cost you half your energy, heal up bro. Oh right, you're out of energy now? (Because you were spending energy DPSing before you decided to run). That sucks, may as well have just stayed in there and get 1 or 2 more attacks off.

Scenario 3: We're in the thick of things and our health starts to drop. QUICK! Pop Evasion to cleanse your DOTS/Roots, Hit Cloaking Screen and Exfiltrate your sad self out of there and pray you don't get hit with an AoE. But wait, you already used Cloaking Screen as an offensive cooldown to get a second Hidden Strike? Poor choice. You shouldn't try to perform above Biowares expectations. See below.

Our metrics assume that Shoot First/Hidden Strike is only used once per encounter, so if you are using Disappearing Act/Cloaking Screen to perform additional Shoot First/Hidden Strike attacks in a single encounter, then you are probably performing above our expectations.

Scenario 4: We're in the thick of things and our health starts to drop. QUICK! Pop Evasion to cleanse your DOTS/Roots, Hit Cloaking Screen and Exfiltrate your sad self out of there and pray you don't get hit with an AoE. So you manage to LoS yourself behind something. You can spam Kolto Injection to heal yourself for a measly ~3800 or you can use Recuperate (it's better anyway). You restealth and get yourself back in to the fight only to find 1 or 2, sometimes all 3 of your teammates have died and you get ********ed 4v1 by the other team.

I probably missed a few outcomes, sorry.

I probably missed a few outcomes, sorry.

Ill help.

O crap im in the thick of things, better use....Crap Electronet, wonder who else is in the spawn pit.

or

Oh crap Im in the thick of things, better cleanse that snare with dodge, and now use scamper....wait why am I still in the same place, I used scamper.....oh hey lag, nice to meet you, and I see you brought your freind marauders force leap. Well isnt that nice. Let me try and roll again....nope still rooted. good thing I have this 3k bubble, should last all of 1/3 a smash.

Ill believe the whole we are balance thing because we have healing, the same day that I get a 15sec cooldown on an ability that removes the benefit of gaurd for 4 seconds, to counter the 4 sec interupt.

if you play an op, and your first thought when getting focused is to heal, you deserve to die. you have the 2 best escape mechanisms in the game. use them.

don't you guys just love when somebody who never even played the class try to teach us how to play ?

I wouldn't have a problem with that, but it isn't how your class was designed to be played. if you think you're dps as an op, you're doing it wrong. if you want an assassin's dps, roll a *********** assassin.

You forgot to say that concealment operatives should be nerfed man !