Meanwhile in the Assassin forums...

Sideblaze

The most annoying thing is when I attack a smash monkey, get crits with hidden strike and backstab only to get them low, stun ends and they smash me once for half my hp, pop defensive cds, use master strike and then shortly after another smash and im dead, I got the opener, I got crits, there shouldnt be any question. I just hate operatives slow arse damage, pvp is about burst, especially with a 1v1 class like concealment op, but they are a shadow of their old self. I remember Ops at 50 used to make me nervous when I was solo roaming Ilum, now they just make me smile. They can lay on the hurt, sometimes, but we gotta crit twice as much as every other class, and we take twice as much damage.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just started using my lethality op again and its hard. On my geared jugg I basically can ignore agents. Then pop out of stealth and knock me down and i just stun them and leap away. Or kill them easily even If im at half health.

I dont know why BW wants the Agent and smuggler classes to be laughable garbage in all but healing spec but thats how it is.

THANKS FOR REMOVING COVER. why would I need that. lolololol

A lot of typical assassin newbs in here that have little idea about how their class has been playing the game for them, making them mistaken that they have any kind of skill

Ummm, aren't you getting Assassin and Marauder confused?

Go play a sin and tell me how the "class plays the game for you" when a mando gets a lucky stealth detect while Cloak is on CD or when there's a sniper/madness sorc who roots you while Shroud is on CD. Yes, this class is so very easy mode.....

If you're gonna try to say a class is ez mode, at least be convincing. It's not like we're talking about smashers or op healers.

Ummm, aren't you getting Assassin and Marauder confused?

Go play a sin and tell me how the "class plays the game for you" when a mando gets a lucky stealth detect while Cloak is on CD or when there's a sniper/madness sorc who roots you while Shroud is on CD. Yes, this class is so very easy mode.....

If you're gonna try to say a class is ez mode, at least be convincing. It's not like we're talking about smashers or op healers.

Compared to operative DPS - Yes, assassin is quite easy. Assassin is obviously harder than other classes, like (rage) marauder, or sniper. Leveled my sin, did quite well in lowbies, midbies, and I'm even doing fine in 55. Kills seem quick and my survivability is good.

On my scouperative, any half decent sin will easily destroy me. Assassin's energy management is also VERY simple and straightforward, it regenerates equally - no matter what level it's at. Unlike operative, to where if you go below 60%, you're kind of screwed unless you're just spamming rifle shot.

I'm assuming you don't have an operative, and come here to see if healers are getting nerfed, but, seriously, roll an operative DPS. You will be greatly disappointed, compared to your sin. Although.. I find operative/scoundrel much more fun to play.

Edited by QuiveringPotato

I wouldn't have a problem with that, but it isn't how your class was designed to be played. if you think you're dps as an op, you're doing it wrong. if you want an assassin's dps, roll a *********** assassin.

Ignorance overload.

Operatives have heals, ergo they are healers.

Assassins have taunt, ergo they are mad deeps, bro.

Yes, I see how this would make sense in your world.

Compared to operative DPS - Yes, assassin is quite easy. Assassin is obviously harder than other classes, like (rage) marauder, or sniper. Leveled my sin, did quite well in lowbies, midbies, and I'm even doing fine in 55. Kills seem quick and my survivability is good.

On my scouperative, any half decent sin will easily destroy me. Assassin's energy management is also VERY simple and straightforward, it regenerates equally - no matter what level it's at. Unlike operative, to where if you go below 60%, you're kind of screwed unless you're just spamming rifle shot.

I'm assuming you don't have an operative, and come here to see if healers are getting nerfed, but, seriously, roll an operative DPS. You will be greatly disappointed, compared to your sin. Although.. I find operative/scoundrel much more fun to play.

Why is it that it seems like every pro-operative person always goes "you don't have an op"? I do have an operative, she's only 45 so far and I only recently got acid blade, but I feel pretty good about attacking solo targets now (barring tanks of course). Do I feel more confident on my sin? Sure, but THAT character is 55, in fully maxed out PvP gear.

Why is it that it seems like every pro-operative person always goes "you don't have an op"? I do have an operative, she's only 45 so far and I only recently got acid blade, but I feel pretty good about attacking solo targets now (barring tanks of course). Do I feel more confident on my sin? Sure, but THAT character is 55, in fully maxed out PvP gear.

Figures. It's a huge difference. I felt comfortable 3v1ing in 30-54, no problem. 55 though, it's different than any class. Having a few 55s, the operative feels the most different at 55. And not for a good reason.

Figures. It's a huge difference. I felt comfortable 3v1ing in 30-54, no problem. 55 though, it's different than any class. Having a few 55s, the operative feels the most different at 55. And not for a good reason.

So that's why I have 3 concealment friends who are nearly as lethal as my sin is? Sure, they don't last nearly as long as me in an open fight, but pure pound for pound at killing someone, they are always competitive with me in that regard.

Note, I'm not trying to say anything bad about ops. I'm LOVING the concealment spec as I'm leveling my op. Just voicing opinions.

I have 2 Operatives and 3 assassins, the DPS is completely different....I was going to stay out of this conversation and keep reading but you have no idea...

On an assassin I felt comfortable solo killing 3 defenders on civil war/novare coast/hypergates; however on my Operative i know i can kill 1, 2 id be struggling, and 3?? is right out...

though an operative can heal even at 45 you still dont have the controlls or DPS burst that an any other class has to take on 2-3 people at a time. Maybe if 1 of the 2 defenders is a newb you can get away with killing both (hypothetical) juggernaught and sniper defender (e.g. jug tank that doesnt have his guard on the sniper and isnt paying attention until the sniper is at 50% after using his medpack). An assassin would dominate them no problem.

your GTFOT ability has no energy cost and the CD is only 15sec, ours uses up 25 energy per roll.

your purge ability has a 45 sec CD, ours has 1min (now our roll has a 50% proc on purge and we can gamble that instead of using purge but at the cost of 25% energy and if it doesnt proc then that was for naught and i just wasted 25 energy).

your knockdown ability can be used from any direction from stealth (oh and you have a knock back...anyway...) an Ops? we have to be behind the target for Hidden strike...to do anything worth 6k and above (not including EP becuase you still have to be in crouch for some reason........) we have to be behind the target or at least a cone behind target. <)

Ive played an assassin enough times to know they are played exactly like the concealment operative the only differece is one has a gun and the other has a saber...

correct me if im wrong at any point but; both are stealth, both can go Dot spec, both can control targets ans turn them into a training dummy so all they can do is watch you attack them while theyre sitting there stunned until dead, both can dual spec (half tank or half heals) making them harder to kill, both hae huge hitting attacks you can only use from cone behind target, both have an exicute (operatives have a fake exicute), both stealth out and run like a beeotch if things get too crazy.

Also in most 1 v 1 cases in PvP as an assasin you start up with recklessness (acid blade) > spike (Hidden Strike) > maul (back stab) > discharge (shiv) > volactic slash (lacerate) > low slash (flash bang) > maul (Acid blade, back stab) > electricute (Debilitate) > assassinate (EP, shiv) > target is dead... thats normally all it takes to kill anyone in a 1 v 1 in 30-54 (and of course theres other abilities used im just pointing out how similar they are with the few abilities and how its played in most 1 v 1 cases).

^ see normal scenario unless 1 stun is broken which you can adjust with a sever tendon to immobilize them for 2 sec and snipe or in an assassin case knock back, sprint, electricute and continue rotation until target is dead.

Edited by Jamalzero

I have 2 Operatives and 3 assassins, the DPS is completely different....I was going to stay out of this conversation and keep reading but you have no idea...

On an assassin I felt comfortable solo killing 3 defenders on civil war/novare coast/hypergates

If you can solo 3 defenders then I have one thing to say to you, you're facing some of the most undergeared/skilled players in the history of this game. So don't try to go on about how sins can go 3v1 and win because of how good they are, they can't, unless, as I said, the 3 people have the skill level of a braindead toad. 3v1, no matter what classes are involved, if the players have a skill level even marginally similar, the 3 should win every single time.

If you can solo 3 defenders then I have one thing to say to you, you're facing some of the most undergeared/skilled players in the history of this game. So don't try to go on about how sins can go 3v1 and win because of how good they are, they can't, unless, as I said, the 3 people have the skill level of a braindead toad. 3v1, no matter what classes are involved, if the players have a skill level even marginally similar, the 3 should win every single time.

Mean while, two paragraphs down… i said at 45, and if we learned anything about context clues in elementary school its that you can obviously tell I'm talking about 30-54 PvP, so gear really isn't an issue in those WZs... Its all about skill. Also i did say something about one defender being a retard lol you know, " Tank not paying attention and sniper doesn't have a guard on" ring any bells?

Public school systems… I swear…

Edited by Jamalzero

Mean while, two paragraphs down… i said at 45, and if we learned anything about context clues in elementary school its that you can obviously tell I'm talking about 30-54 PvP, so gear really isn't an issue in those WZs... Its all about skill. Also i did say something about one defender being a retard lol you know, " Tank not paying attention and sniper doesn't have a guard on" ring any bells?

Public school systems… I swear…

Yeah well the problem with your post is I stopped reading after your "I can 3v1" comment because it was just so absurd.

Yeah well the problem with your post is I stopped reading after your "I can 3v1" comment because it was just so absurd.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwUbTGSmoEA

This video here proves that Assassin Dps is great considering in a 1 v 1 and in some cases 3 v 1 Suji just obliterated the RDPS, Tank and Healer with no issues.

As a matter of fact, after I watched this vidoe, I modled Sylar-x after Suji so i could do the same in any 1 v 1, in some cases a 2 v 1 and in rare cases when i feel up to it 3 v 1. But it can be done...

Look im not saying im the most bad-a$s assassin player of all time, not by any stretch of the imagination, im just saying a 3 v 1 can be pulled off under the right circumstances. the fact you deny that says alot about how you choose to play your class in PvP and how much confidence you have playing an assassin, ill run up on a DPS and healer guarding a node because i know i can stun the DPS and kill the healer. Just by keeping the DPS in perma-stun until the healer is dead my job is half way over and all i have to do is stealth out > heal up > quickly re-engage before a seasoned player comes to that DPS's aid. If not i got a 2 v 1 off and stole that node....which is the sole purpose of an assassin in PvP... Edited by Jamalzero

Look im not saying im the most bad-a$s assassin player of all time, not by any stretch of the imagination, im just saying a 3 v 1 can be pulled off under the right circumstances. the fact you deny that says alot about how you choose to play your class in PvP and how much confidence you have playing an assassin, ill run up on a DPS and healer guarding a node because i know i can stun the DPS and kill the healer. Just by keeping the DPS in perma-stun until the healer is dead my job is half way over and all i have to do is stealth out > heal up > quickly re-engage before a seasoned player comes to that DPS's aid. If not i got a 2 v 1 off and stole that node....which is the sole purpose of an assassin in PvP...

No, what it says is that if I see 3 people on a node, I'm not stupid enough to attack them. Is there a chance they might all be bleach drinking monkeys? Sure. Do I feel like taking that chance most of the time? No. I'm aggressive but I'm not stupid. Unless I've fought them before and know they're idiots I generally won't take that risk, I'll have another stealthier come with me so we can keep one of the 3 CC'd while we fight the other two.

Why is it that every assassin I meet has to be some moron who thinks they are underpowered, despite the fact they have some of the best cooldowns, and one of the best resource systems in the game?

This is like me playing warzones on a level 10 sniper, killing a bunch of people, then boasting about how great at sniping I am.

I'm loving the double-standard here. When we kill you it's overpowered, when the assassins start face****** an entire team, it's because they are bad.

You guys are literally what operatives were at launch, stop being spoiled gits and and be grateful.

Edited by Sideblaze

Why is it that every assassin I meet has to be some moron who thinks they are underpowered, despite the fact they have some of the best cooldowns, and one of the best resource systems in the game?

I haven't once said that assassins are underpowered. I think the class is in a good place right now. Burst is good but sustained is meh at best. Resource system? Uh sure, the flat regen rate is nice but other than that force and energy are the same. Now seriously "some of the best cooldowns"? I'm going to assume you're talking defense wise. Deflection is just a watered down version of saber ward. Sure it's better than nothing, but if I ever have to "rely" on it, I'm probably going to die anyways. Overcharge I don't consider a defense, the 15% heal is literally like 3.5k HP, it's next to pointless, more useful to use to speed up surging charge's proc rate. Phasewalk? Yes, you have a point on this one. 45 second cooldown is very quick for a 60m teleport that can be used while stunned, not arguing that one.

Force speed I don't consider any better than roll. Sure it doesn't take energy but I have to wait fifteen seconds before I can use it again. And ops have their own form of shroud/cloak in evasion/cloaking screen, so that's really not a debate. So yes, I'll give you that we have SOME better cooldowns with phasewalk being the only real major difference. But honestly, deflection I only consider vaguely better than shield probe. It has a much longer cooldown and it's not much better since it only blocks white damage and a lot of hard hitting moves are yellow and overcharge's heal is negligible so I don't use it for defense most of the time.

Okay now on to your last point, when the hell did I say operatives were overpowered? I'm in FAVOR of the operative DPS buffs, I haven't said a damn thing about the class being overpowered. Stop being so defensive and thinking that the entirety of the world is against your class, because it isn't. Jesus dude you're coming off the same as 3/4 of the people do who ***** about assassins being overpowered.

Edited by Hei_Atzfel

No, what it says is that if I see 3 people on a node, I'm not stupid enough to attack them. Is there a chance they might all be bleach drinking monkeys? Sure. Do I feel like taking that chance most of the time? No. I'm aggressive but I'm not stupid. Unless I've fought them before and know they're idiots I generally won't take that risk, I'll have another stealthier come with me so we can keep one of the 3 CC'd while we fight the other two.

Ok man…you do know Deception assassins can hit for 12k in a 30-54 WZ…. hell I remember one time in particular i obliterated some rage mara who jumped at me and thought he was funny until i used electrocute and hit him with 3 back to back 10.1k mauls. he came back again and i hit him again for 10.3 then 10.7 and he ran off…the day an operative can hit like that with 1 ability w/o buffing it first then we will say Operatives are OP lol but the fact still remains that due to the heavy hits, stuns, and survivability of an assassin YES i do feel comfortable running up on 3 people and killing at a minimum 2 and crippling the third to draw attention off there other places his team was attacking before running to his aid. Discharge hits for 8500 and i don't even have to be behind the target for that lol If you knew how to play your class maybe you'd be confident enough to run up on 3 people and wreck them all. its all about controlling 1 guy and picking off the weak link 1st then stealth out self recuperate, reengage use CDs, kill the guy you stunned, now the last guy is left, pop med pack and go to town…push come to shove use knock back > force sprint > take WZ stage heal > and reengage. Ive done that a couple of time and I'm not afraid to admit it because i can take on 3 at 1 time and cap nodes… everyone likes a ninja

Edited by Jamalzero

I haven't once said that assassins are underpowered. I think the class is in a good place right now. Burst is good but sustained is meh at best. (********.) Resource system? Uh sure, the flat regen rate is nice but other than that force and energy are the same (My god, the ignorance.). Now seriously "some of the best cooldowns"? I'm going to assume you're talking defense wise. Deflection is just a watered down version of saber ward (It's exactly the same, except it lacks a tech damage reduction. Which isn't a problem considering force shroud). Sure it's better than nothing, but if I ever have to "rely" on it, I'm probably going to die anyways. Overcharge I don't consider a defense, the 15% heal is literally like 3.5k HP, it's next to pointless, more useful to use to speed up surging charge's proc rate (You underestimate this ability.). Phasewalk? Yes, you have a point on this one. 45 second cooldown is very quick for a 60m teleport that can be used while stunned, not arguing that one.

Force speed I don't consider any better than roll. Sure it doesn't take energy but I have to wait fifteen seconds (Twelve actually.) before I can use it again. And ops have their own form of shroud/cloak in evasion/cloaking screen, so that's really not a debate. (Objection: Our cloak doesn't supercharge our resource regen. Evasion doesn't make us immune to stuns and smash.) So yes, I'll give you that we have S̶O̶M̶E̶ better cooldowns with p̶h̶a̶s̶e̶w̶a̶l̶k̶ All of them being the only real major difference. But honestly, deflection I only consider vaguely better than shield probe (Please tell me you don't actually think this.). It has a much longer cooldown and it's not much better since it only blocks white damage(Oh, you poor thing.) and a lot of hard hitting moves are yellow and overcharge's heal is negligible so I don't use it for defense most of the time. (If only you had an ability that gave you immunity to such moves, perhaps on a 40 second cooldown when you factor in it's duration, that would be great wouldn't it?)

Okay now on to your last point, when the hell did I say operatives were overpowered? I'm in FAVOR of the operative DPS buffs, I haven't said a damn thing about the class being overpowered. Stop being so defensive and thinking that the entirety of the world is against your class, because it isn't. Jesus dude you're coming off the same as 3/4 of the people do who ***** about assassins being overpowered (Because you ARE overpowered.)

My problems with what you just typed are in red.

Edited by Sideblaze

Okay Side, y'know, I've been civil about this so far, but you're coming off as a condescending ***. I fight the top PvP assassin on my server (or at the very least he's in the top 3 skill wise) on a very consistent basis and I always go toe to toe with him. Granted, he wins probably 75% of the time, but it's always a close fight within 10% HP. That being said, when it comes to abilities. no, I don't underestimate overcharge. 3.5-4k on a heal, while better than nothing, really isn't substantial if you can only do it once every 120 seconds, however, the increased chance for surging charge to proc for the followed 15 seconds is very potent. I usually use it after gaining 1 static charge from shock and a large portion of the time have 3 charges before I can use shock again, or at the very least, WHEN I use my next shock. So no, I find it more useful for offense rather than defense.

Deflection. Shield probe is pure damage absorption (granted a pretty small amount) whereas deflection is just damage reduction. Yeah, 50% less white damage is good, but if I have to RELY on it, I'm in a pretty doomed situation anyways. I generally end up hitting it at around the 30% mark, maybe a little less. Sometimes I'll use it in conjunction with overcharge if I feel I really need to survive (though I've often already used overcharge for extra static charges).

Force speed, umm, no, the base CD is 20 seconds, with both points spec'd the cooldown is fifteen seconds. And if you don't start counting until after the effect ends it's stil 13 seconds I have to wait to use it again.

Cloak/shroud. Okay first off, sure, we get dark embrace when we cloak and the ability to pop blackout again, which I admit is superior to cloaking screen, so okay, one more point for sins. Shroud however, yeah sure, it resists smashes/stuns but those still put you in combat, so if the goal was to go heal up, you have to wait for combat to end, whereas ops can just kolto inject (at the cost of energy, yes). And don't even get me started on shroud's 5% (or w/e the actual % is) fail chance even though it grants 200% resistance. I don't know what you're talking about with the "40 second cooldown after you factor in duration" thing. Because shroud has a 1m cooldown for 3s duration, so 57 second effective cooldown, 55 second if you have the extra two seconds on duration.

Jamal, 30-54 WZ's? Who f'ing cares...

Oh, you got back-to-back 10k mauls? Well then guess what, you're the most lucky person ever to set foot into this game, because that does NOT happen even when fully geared. My sin's maul hits with duplicity and exploitive strikes at about an average of 7-8k, depending. Secondly, I have NO idea where you people are somehow getting the idea that I'm calling operatives overpowered, because I'm in favor of the damn buffs. Stop getting so damn defensive for no f'ing reason.

Oh, and the "you don't know how to play your class because you don't feel confident 3v1'ing people"? Yeah, really classy right there. You get a match or two where you took out 3 window lickers by yourself and you just assume that it's natural to be able to go 3v1 and win. Lemme tell you something, that is not the norm, by any stretch of the imagination. Now before you shoot off again about how I "don't know how to play my class", I refer you to the top of this post and my comment about how I fight the top (or at least in the top 3) PvP assassin on my server very regularly and it's always a very tight match, again, he wins probably 3/4 of the time, but it's never easy and I always make him give it his all. So I think I know my class just fine. Do I claim to be the best sin ever? No, not by a long shot, but I know my class pretty damn well and I do pretty damn good.

So again, I say, stop acting so defensive and assuming that anyone who says any single negative thing about operatives is some hater who thinks they're overpowered, because that makes you look like nothing but an insecure ***.

Edited by Hei_Atzfel

Okay Side, y'know, I've been civil about this so far, but you're coming off as a condescending ***. I fight the top PvP assassin on my server (or at the very least he's in the top 3 skill wise) on a very consistent basis and I always go toe to toe with him. Granted, he wins probably 75% of the time, but it's always a close fight within 10% HP. That being said, when it comes to abilities. no, I don't underestimate overcharge. 3.5-4k on a heal, while better than nothing, really isn't substantial if you can only do it once every 120 seconds, however, the increased chance for surging charge to proc for the followed 15 seconds is very potent. I usually use it after gaining 1 static charge from shock and a large portion of the time have 3 charges before I can use shock again, or at the very least, WHEN I use my next shock. So no, I find it more useful for offense rather than defense.

Deflection. Shield probe is pure damage absorption (granted a pretty s̶m̶a̶l̶l̶ Minuscule amount) whereas deflection is just damage reduction(No it isn't, It's a 50% defense boost, 60% if you count the passive defense chance.) Yeah, 50% less white damage is good, but if I have to RELY on it, I'm in a pretty doomed situation anyways. (You aren't suppose to rely on a defensive cooldown... You use it when you're in trouble, or when you anticipate a beatdown is about to head your way.) I generally end up hitting it at around the 30% mark, maybe a little less. Sometimes I'll use it in conjunction with overcharge if I feel I really need to survive (though I've often already used overcharge for extra static charges).

Force speed, umm, no, the base CD is 20 seconds, with both points spec'd the cooldown is fifteen seconds. And if you don't start counting until after the effect ends it's stil 13 seconds I have to wait to use it again. (Which since we're talking about deception and any assassin worth a **** takes that talent, I don't see why you wanted to confirm my point.)

Cloak/shroud. Okay first off, sure, we get dark embrace when we cloak and the ability to pop blackout again (Which supercharges your damage reduction.), which I admit is superior to cloaking screen, so okay, one more point for sins. Shroud however, yeah sure, it resists smashes/stuns but those still put you in combat (Oh, and getting out of stealth, you get an initial 25% damage reduction.), so if the goal was to go heal up, you have to wait for combat to end, whereas ops can just kolto inject (at the cost of energy, yes) (It's stuff like this that makes me wonder if you've even really played an operative. You don't do this, Ever. Especially in combat.) And don't even get me started on shroud's 5% (or w/e the actual % is) fail chance even though it grants 200% resistance (You are seriously complaining about 95% chance to ignore any powerful attack heading your way that isn't a marksman sniper's ambush or a carnage marauder's ravage?). I don't know what you're talking about with the "40 second cooldown after you factor in duration" thing. Because shroud has a 1m cooldown for 3s duration, so 57 second effective cooldown, 55 second if you have the extra two seconds on duration. e(Here I actually was wrong, I had the tanking tree's cooldown reduction in mind, forgetting it was not a deception talent.)

Oh, you got back-to-back 10k mauls? Well then guess what, you're the most lucky person ever to set foot into this game (Oh shut the F*ck up. No, they really aren't, that's normal.) because that does NOT happen even when fully geared. My sin's maul hits with duplicity and exploitive strikes at about an average of 7-8k, depending. Secondly, I have NO idea where you people are somehow getting the idea that I'm calling operatives overpowered, because I'm in favor of the damn buffs. Stop getting so damn defensive for no f'ing reason. (We're not getting defensive about that, we're getting defensive because you are boasting about how evenly matched you think we are, when the scale is clearly tipped in your favor.)

Oh, and the "you don't know how to play your class because you don't feel confident 3v1'ing people"? Yeah, really classy right there. You get a match or two where you took out 3 window lickers by yourself and you just assume that it's natural to be able to go 3v1 and win. Lemme tell you something, that is not the norm, by any stretch of the imagination. Now before you shoot off again about how I "don't know how to play my class", I refer you to the top of this post and my comment about how I fight the top (or at least in the top 3) PvP assassin on my server very regularly and it's always a very tight match, again, he wins probably 3/4 of the time, but it's never easy and I always make him give it his all. So I think I know my class just fine. Do I claim to be the best sin ever? No, not by a long shot, but I know my class pretty damn well and I do pretty damn good. ("Best assassin on the server" is awfully vague, Could we get a name so we can, you know, fact check that?)

So again, I say, stop acting so defensive and assuming that anyone who says any single negative thing about operatives is some hater who thinks they're overpowered, because that makes you look like nothing but an insecure *** (Stop acting like you have it worse than us and I will.).

*Facepalm*

Edited by Sideblaze

I know my class pretty damn well and I do pretty damn good.

Fairly certain that you were surprised to hear that blackout/dark embrace gave 25% DR, which is a pretty damn powerful defensive CD that can be used in every fight, assuming you get back into stealth with every fight. Not to mention that it greatly increases force regen, when it's already not that hard to manage. (and this is when you were 55)

Also, I'm assuming you're talking about Ninjablade or Faatt. The only other "good" assassin on The Ebon Hawk I can think of is Revabi.

That's another thing to think about. We're on an RP-PVE server.

Edited by QuiveringPotato

@ Above: No i'm not talking about faat. He's an arrogant ***** that needs to have his face slapped by his mother because he clearly wasn't hugged enough as a child. Ninja is the one I'm talking about. And yes I know blackout gives damage reduction, it says it in the talent description. I just forget about that part of the talent every now and then because I don't read the talents much anymore since I usually know what each talent does from the picture on my tree when I'm spec'ing.

I love how you added to my post "it's stuff like that that makes me think you've never played an operative". Because right afterwards you said that 10k mauls back to back happens on geared people. Because that tells me that (and I'm going to stoop to your level here) you're an idiot who has never touched the Assassin class in their time in this game because 10k mauls back to back on geared people simply does not happen. Do singular 10k mauls happen on geared people sometimes if you get a lucky sized crit? Sure? But back to back to back? Unless you're the luckiest person ever, no, it doesn't.

Oh and BTW maybe if you'd read my post you'd have realized that my kolto inject thing was talking about after you've stealthed away and, you know, are away from any enemies (regardless of whether the combat has actually broken or not). So there, two can tell each other they don't know *** they're talking about. Good riddance, I'm done with you people who just think that anyone who doesn't agree that operative is the 100% worst class at anything is some hater that thinks they're overpowered.

Edited by Hei_Atzfel

@ Above: No i'm not talking about faat. He's an arrogant ***** that needs to have his face slapped by his mother because he clearly wasn't hugged enough as a child. Ninja is the one I'm talking about. And yes I know blackout gives damage reduction, it says it in the talent description. I just forget about that part of the talent every now and then because I don't read the talents much anymore since I usually know what each talent does from the picture on my tree when I'm spec'ing.

I love how you added to my post "it's stuff like that that makes me think you've never played an operative". Because right afterwards you said that 10k mauls back to back happens on geared people. Because that tells me that (and I'm going to stoop to your level here) you're an idiot who has never touched the Assassin class in their time in this game because 10k mauls back to back on geared people simply does not happen. Do singular 10k mauls happen on geared people sometimes if you get a lucky sized crit? Sure? But back to back to back? Unless you're the luckiest person ever, no, it doesn't.

Oh and BTW maybe if you'd read my post you'd have realized that my kolto inject thing was talking about after you've stealthed away and, you know, are away from any enemies (regardless of whether the combat has actually broken or not). So there, two can tell each other they don't know *** they're talking about. Good riddance, I'm done with you people who just think that anyone who doesn't agree that operative is the 100% worst class at anything is some hater that thinks they're overpowered.

Yeah, Faatt is kind of stupid sometimes but I think he's a nice guy. He did sort of yell at me in a WZ for going off the node for about 3 seconds to mezz one of the incs.. *sigh*

I just thought that blackout's defensive buff was pretty hard to forget about, a 25% flat DR is better than shield probe in its entirety, lol.

But anyways, Ninjablade is pretty good. Not the best, but, he's pretty good.