Dont add PvE to galactic starfighter!

The_Grand_Nagus

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware disagrees. That is why they are releasing the long requested free-flight space system as PvP only, with no plans for adding PvE in the foreseeable future. The are professionals, so they obviously know what they are doing, and I'm sure people will love being forced to PvP if they want to play free-flight space :)

Well I don't know; they might have done it this way so we have something NOW rather than pile everything on us in a broken pile of refuse a year or two from now ;)

Well here is his review *Keep in mind, this man is a HUGE SW fan:

"Gay as ****. If they honestly devoted as much time as they say into this **** THEM.

....you really have to be [blank] kidding me. That's his review?

Why do I get the feeling like I just read the cliff notes version of war and peace? Am I the only one that is starting to get the idea something is wrong with this entire thread?

No offense, but this is most definitely a full tank of low octane drama.

The fact that every competitive PvPer I have talked to hates(Except 1 that thinks it's okay for the first 3 times) Space PvP makes him right. It was a stupid move not to add PvE to GS because they would be the ones who could greatly appreciate something like this. Maybe GS could have been an Operation or something that would have been truly epic.

PvPers need attention in warzones, Arena, and World PvP. However, now it's too late and they'll have to deal with the consequences.

Anyone who isn't happy with GS, (after you play it), should keep in mind that a TON of SW games are coming out over the next several years so there is really nothing to be worried about.

I'm interested in Battlefront however be careful with that underlined statement. ;)

....you really have to be [blank] kidding me. That's his review?

Why do I get the feeling like I just read the cliff notes version of war and peace? Am I the only one that is starting to get the idea something is wrong with this entire thread?

That wasn't the whole version, and I will allow Nagus to post the full version if he wants to(I sent it to him in a PM).

That was the tl;dr version(He would have kept saying even more than I posted to Nagus, but Space PvP pissed him off so much, he decided it's a waste of time).

Edited by SithEBM

The fact that every competitive PvPer I have talked to hates(Except 1 that thinks it's okay for the first 3 times) Space PvP makes him right. It was a stupid move not to add PvE to GS because they would be the ones who could greatly appreciate something like this. Maybe GS could have been an Operation or something that would have been truly epic.

PvPers need attention in warzones, Arena, and World PvP. However, now it's too late and they'll have to deal with the consequences.

I'm interested in Battlefront however be careful with that underlined statement. ;)

That wasn't the whole version, and I will allow Nagus to post the full version if he wants to(I sent it to him in a PM).

That was the tl;dr version(He would have kept saying even more than I posted to Nagus, but Space PvP pissed him off so much, he decided it's a waste of time).

Fair enough to both, but the drama in this thread is a bit ridiculous.

I find it amusing that alot of "professional" PvP'ers don't like GS.

It actually gives me alot of hope.

It means that it actually takes player skill and not just having the right gear and the right cookie-cutter class of the month setup whilst pressing the right button combination. (yeah, I don't hold MMO PvP in high regards, so sue me)

As for the people screaming for PvE because they "hate" PvP, they need to remember that this is not going to be anything like the PvP in the game right now.

It will be much more like X-wing vs TIE fighter (or Jump to Lightspeed if you played that) multiplayer.

It does not seem like an impossibility to add PvE missions sometime in the future, but it sure as hell would take alot more effort than making a pure PvP version (AI would be the hardest part by far, and since I doubt they have anyone on staff with experience in programming free-flight combat AI, its even harder than it would be for a company specifically creating a flight/space sim).

So instead of whining about not having PvE from the start, how about you wait until its out and give it a try. If you don't like it then go ahead and start whining about how you hate this free expansion that you didn't pay a dime for.

Personally, I relish the chance to play some space combat, even if it is more like Freelancer than X-wing vs TIE fighter in gameplay.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

The reason why most people perform poorly in warzones is due to class balance and skill. If I am able to kill a deception sin as a concealment operative in level 50 armor(In Level 55 PvP), then gear isn't the issue here. Maybe if players had equal skill, then okay. However, bad players will continue to be bad players(This doesn't change anything).

It means that it actually takes player skill and not just having the right gear and the right cookie-cutter class of the month setup whilst pressing the right button combination. (yeah, I don't hold MMO PvP in high regards, so sue me)

Read the above.

As for the people screaming for PvE because they "hate" PvP, they need to remember that this is not going to be anything like the PvP in the game right now.

Somewhat True. It will still be about player skill which most of the bad players lack.

So instead of whining about not having PvE from the start, how about you wait until its out and give it a try. If you don't like it then go ahead and start whining about how you hate this free expansion that you didn't pay a dime for.

Nobody in the beta enjoys it(At least on the FB page) and there's a reason why they invited many competitive PvPers to the beta.

Edited by SithEBM

It will be much more like X-wing vs TIE fighter (or Jump to Lightspeed if you played that) multiplayer.

It does not seem like an impossibility to add PvE missions sometime in the future, but it sure as hell would take alot more effort than making a pure PvP version (AI would be the hardest part by far, and since I doubt they have anyone on staff with experience in programming free-flight combat AI, its even harder than it would be for a company specifically creating a flight/space sim).

Personally, I relish the chance to play some space combat, even if it is more like Freelancer than X-wing vs TIE fighter in gameplay.

For someone who doesn't PvP in MMOs (I'm assuming that) and for someone who doesn't hold MMO PvP in high regard, what you just said is PURE conjecture. That is a completely **** reason for PvP'ers to hate something that's different than the current system we have now.

:rolleyes:

Yea, I wouldn't say that PVP in this game does not require skill, nor would I insinuate it. I would say, however, that PVP in this game holds your hand....most folks know how I feel about the system, that does not mean I feel badly about the players.

That said, I think it is ACCURATE to state that this likely "twitchy" type of combat, more akin to FPS and less to PVE based PVP would not be as appealing to folks that prefer gear based COMPLICATED (note the word I used there) PVP.

This is likely much simpler, and it depends completely on hand/eye coordination...not mastery of a rotation or skill set. Considering how different it is, it is not a surprise.

If you a fan of games like BF2, or FPS in general this may appeal to you. If your a fan of regimented ability based PVP this will likely not have any appeal, nor will you like it if you don't like the idea of unpredictable targets.

I still feel this is going to appeal to casuals in a big way. Traditionalists....not so much.

Again the only thing I don´t like is that space is now "a warzone"

ok fine they can´t do NPC AI in space, no problem

ok fine they can´t let more players into one instance than 24, no problem

BUT they could add 100 sectors to roam around freely

BUT they could add mining asteroids

BUT they could add stations to land on seamlessly in space

BUT they could add trading, and cargo transporting, and guild ships

BUT they could add player driven economy and even territory warfare

BUT they could add something like the Death Star with one side playing Republic and the other side playing Imperial

and recreate the Death Star Attack

nothing of that requires NPC AI or letting more players than 24 into a single instance

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

I can't see his posts and let me tell you, its fantastic.

Its not even a difference of opinion. I never ignore people just because they have a different opinion. Its the self important soap boxing and continual drive stir that pot that make his posts less than necessary. Polls about petitions referencing polls about petitions. Yo Dawg....Yo.

SO this topic is now about how awesome PvP GS is going to be.

They need to take expertise out of PVP.

A stat that inherently makes you better at all aspects of PVP makes all PVP content in the game a joke.

Being a noob and learning the ropes of PVP should result in you getting better due to you getting more skilled at PLAYING the game, not because you're accumulating more gear with an arbitrary stat that makes you instantly do more damage and take less damage.

and I'm REALLY hoping that Galactic Starfighter doesn't have expertise for space PVP. I'd like to enjoy it but not if there's a stupid arbitrary stat that makes you instantly better just for having it.

Edited by DarthVindictus

I know, but its important that the devs not give in to what the majority of their customers want and stick to their current plan of forcing people to PvP to be able to enjoy the new expansion :)

No one is going to force me into anything I don't want to do. No body. I'd quit this crap before someone would force me to play the game in a way I don't desire. I have no intention of even trying that space pvp. I have *zero* interest in any pvp activity.

That is why I play on a pve server.

Sure, the majority of players prefer PvE. Sure, the majority of players want PvE added to galactic starfighter. But who says the majority know best? If people want to enjoy the new free-flight space system, then FORCE them to PvP!

Besides, its just way too hard designing AI that can fly in space, and doing hard things isnt fun. So why bother? Dont add PvE to Galactic Starfighter!!!

:)

Stop posting, please. I understand you're upset, but this is borderline trolling.

I would, of course, write a more strongly-worded, and much more insulting post, but I do have to restrain myself because I already have enough permanent infractions.

I can't see his posts and let me tell you, its fantastic.

Its not even a difference of opinion. I never ignore people just because they have a different opinion. Its the self important soap boxing and continual drive stir that pot that make his posts less than necessary. Polls about petitions referencing polls about petitions. Yo Dawg....Yo.

SO this topic is now about how awesome PvP GS is going to be.

Well, I think this thread is a prefect example of Nagus and his grandstanding. He is not interested in a serious discussion. Not really. This is the Nagus show. He wants to be visible and uses threads to become visible. It is NOT about making the devs aware. And btw, these forums are the fodder for his blog.

Nah, a few of us have him pegged. Others can disagree, but don't be fooled. I contributed to this thread just to point it out for those that may not see it. Look at his history on this issue alone. You will see what I mean. Look at his announcement about the BW/MMORPG Q and A. Funny... how that Q and A announcement did not come from Eric or Courtney. And maybe it will, but not before Nagus stole the show.

Sorry Nagus. You are the Emperor and you are wearing no clothes.

Edited by Rafaman

Sure, the majority of players prefer PvE. Sure, the majority of players want PvE added to galactic starfighter. But who says the majority know best? If people want to enjoy the new free-flight space system, then FORCE them to PvP!

I'm sorry, but that is retarded. If the majority prefers something, it makes zero sense for a company reliant on a user base to do the opposite.

They will do what the shareholders want. Can you guess what the shareholders will want?

:rak_02:

Shareholders dont give a crap if a game is pvp or pve centric or if a boss is too hard or too easy in operation. They probably dont even care about this specific game unless it wasnt making money. They only care how profitable it is.

Shareholders dont give a crap if a game is pvp or pve centric or if a boss is too hard or too easy in operation. They probably dont even care about this specific game unless it wasnt making money. They only care how profitable it is.

That's my point, sweetie.

Ah yes, the clasically lame "butthurt" meme. How predictably unoriginal. But thanks for the bump! :D

LOL like it matters whether our replies bump this thread. The second it falls off the page, yet another passive agressive, whiny, and grandstanding thread from you will appear as though by the sheer strength of your pissing and moaning the developers will suddenly design this game the way some random dude on the forums wants them to. You've made like what? Ten or eleven threads about this now?

Edited by Prisoner