Dont add PvE to galactic starfighter!

The_Grand_Nagus

And the day they release space PvE will be a day of great QQ about the 101 instances of stupid AI not being fun.

Only way space dogfighting in PvE will ever be hard is if they go the BF2 route and just have insanely overpowered AA guns on all the capital ships, which would be its own brand of QQ

I'm guess that you never played the X-Wing/TIE fighter games?

I would imagine that they want to see how it plays and how popular it is before they invest in the AI for space combat. I don't see a lot of point in pre-emptively whining about them not having PVE at launch. At this point they aren't going to be able to develop it for launch anyhow.

And it really doesn't matter how many people ask for something, while it can be a barometer of interest, it really doesn't have any bearing on whether the development time for the feature would be worth it in the long run, especially if people play it twice then go meh and stop. See argumentum ad populum. This is why people don't eat poop despite 3 trillion flies thinking its the best thing ever.

Edited by MaximusRex

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The majority plays both PvP and PvE

There is a difference between playing both and preferring one over the other. Some people prefer PvE, but play both. Some people prefer PvP, but play both. And some people prefer equally. And some people only PvE, or only PvP, rather than doing both. However, the majority prefer PvE(even if some play both). But it doesnt matter what the majority prefer. Everyone should be forced to PvP if they want to be able to steer their ship in space :)

Edited by The_Grand_Nagus

Sure, the majority of players prefer PvE. Sure, the majority of players want PvE added to galactic starfighter. But who says the majority know best? If people want to enjoy the new free-flight space system, then FORCE them to PvP!

Besides, its just way too hard designing AI that can fly in space, and doing hard things isnt fun. So why bother? Dont add PvE to Galactic Starfighter!!!

:)

seems like bad business to force the player into content they don't like hmm . . .\

All I want is the current pve space missions updated to use the Starfighter and Free Flight mechanics co-op can be pvp only for all I care.

Edited by Zaizo

To anyone that is actually pissed that there is not PvE in the expansion:

What would be the difference?

If they created good AI... What differences do you expect? I can really only see basically the same thing we have now with AI controlled ships vs player controlled ships...

There is a difference between playing both and preferring one over the other. Some people prefer PvE, but play both. Some people prefer PvP, but play both. And some people prefer equally. However, the majority prefer PvE(even if some play both). But that doesnt matter. Everyone should be forced to PvP if they want to be able to steer their ship in space :)

The whole PvP vs. PvE myth is pure carebear agenda.

PvE is the whole content including story, you can NOT do anything else than "prefer" PvE.

PvP just happens in an "E"NVIRONMENT too, PvP is not content.

Today I prefer quests tomorrow I do warzones. Normal players play everything a game has to offer.

Only carebears deal in extremes.

yes I want a huge open world in GS instead of arenas but I want it with PvP and PvE mixed open world FFA sandbox.

Stop the separation between NPC and Players.

PvE is the whole content including story, you can NOT do anything else than "prefer" PvE.

Incorrect. You may have to do some PvE to level, but you can still enjoy PvP more than PvE, and many people do. That is what I mean by "prefer".

What would be the difference?

The same difference as fighting NPCs vs fighting other players on ground.

Like I said earlier, its important that the devs not give in to what the majority of their customers want and stick to their current plan of forcing people to PvP to be able to enjoy the new expansion :)

How is it important? If a dev said "We know everyone want's this, but we're never going to do it ever, even though if we really tried we could" is basically digging this games grave with an excavator.

They dont have to actually say that; actions speak louder than words :)

Not saying it would be worse actually. And where the heck did you get your logic that 'if you want free flight, you MUST be FORCED to do PVP, or you don't get it'. I really don't understand what the point of this thread is, but it seems like its probably a troll post.

Not saying it would be worse actually. And where the heck did you get your logic that 'if you want free flight, you MUST be FORCED to do PVP, or you don't get it'. I really don't understand what the point of this thread is, but it seems like its probably a troll post.

It is. It's his eight troll post about the same subject.

Incorrect. You may have to do some PvE to level, but you can still enjoy PvP more than PvE, and many people do. That is what I mean by "prefer".

- The same difference as fighting NPCs vs fighting other players on ground.

- then people need to stop throwing in "story" when they talk about PvE

-Warzones have a story too, check out the cutscene at the beginning.

- This is just about combat

-Some people enjoy beating up repetitive predictable mobs

-Some people enjoy beating up human controlled mobs

- Why no PvP raids? Let players control the bosses, I'd queue up for that

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

- then people need to stop throwing in "story" when they talk about PvE

-Warzones have a story too, check out the cutscene at the beginning.

- This is just about combat

-Some people enjoy beating up repetitive predictable mobs

-Some people enjoy beating up human controlled mobs

- Why no PvP raids? Let players control the bosses, I'd queue up for that

That actually would be really cool.

Ask the devs, because that is their plan, therefore their logic :)

They said very clearly that they would like to do Space PVE, and may do it in the future. They didn't say, however that they're going to FORCE everyone to do this, if they want to or not. That's YOUR logic.

They said very clearly that they would like to do Space PVE, and may do it in the future.

That is completely incorrect. Here is what they actually said:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/10/20/dont-expect-swtor-space-pve-any-time-soon/

However, if you think you have a quote that says something to the contrary, feel free to share it :)

You are the one that said it, not me:

:)

so I want an open universe to explore, mine and trade, missions, story and territory control, is this PvE content?

don't put any NPCs in and you have a FFA PvAll sandbox

that's what this game needs. Hardcore space.

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

We probably won't see pve for GS, atleast not for a long time. Why ? because the idiots fired the only devs that actually knew the code for it. I just hope it has a little more depth than just free flight in an pvp arena. Some stations or capital ships to blow up/defend from the other team. Defend or destroy a squadron of bombers attacking a ship/station. Do the stuff that Warthunder does with their pvp matches.

That is completely incorrect. Here is what they actually said:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/10/20/dont-expect-swtor-space-pve-any-time-soon/

However, if you think you have a quote that says something to the contrary, feel free to share it :)

I clearly remember them saying what I said in a forum post, dig it up if you like. Anyways, no need to post here anymore, lets just let this thread rot away.

You didn't answer me Nagus, at least I couldn't find a response.

Why did you post this thread? What are you trying to do or say?

He's posting this thread because Space PvP is a massive flop. The best "review" that I have seen for it was from a person who is a die-hard SWTOR PvP fan and he said it's "Okay" the first few times and then it's boring. Every other competitive PvPer said it's garbage.