Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Merc changes...!

RakeshZeal

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is beyond unacceptable. This game already had a strong leaning towards Melee classes to begin with, and stealth ACs. We are now at an issue where we have been just completely ignored. I'm sorry Eric, but there is no light way of putting this. You have ignored the Merc/Commando AC.

I cannot fathom why classes that have from the last six patches, received massive buffs, re-tooled their classes, and even fixed many issues with their mechanics, are being addressed in 2.5 when you have an AC that is considered to be one of the worst ACs in the game. Honestly, this is just a little beyond belief.

I'm sorry to say I do not have faith in 2.5, I do not have faith in this development team. I've rolled with the punches on Commando since day one. Since 1.2 this AC has been rolling downhill slow at first, then -fast-. You guys started doing better when you gave us Electro-net...the only new offensive ability added in 2.0 with a minute and thirty second cool-down.

You even nerfed our burst soon after that, a class that already has issues with complete shutdown, being nerfed in burst. You're kidding right? That being said, I expect the Dev team to try their best, but only for the classes mentioned. They will catch heat from those classes if something screws up, and fix them, leaving the remaining ACs in the dust as they did with our Rep questions, our answers, and our balancing.

Bravo.

I agree with this, but we haven't received any nerfs to our burst after 2.0, have we? We the exception of the assault changes and the Ion cannon changes, ofc.

That's not really acceptable, guy. You're ignoring the class with the most issues, as your company fully accepts.

You need to put out the fire before you start polishing the woodwork.

Triage. Prioritization. This is something your company really needs to work on.

Ah, just give it up guys.

The ammount of times they have outright lied to the playerbase and / or implemented zero changes / or nerfed us... no point wasting your breath / keystrokes anymore.

They may aswell tell us to wait ONLY another 2 years because THEN we will get Dragon Wings and the ability to change into Kephess at will...

Besides, WildStar drops in 6 months or less...? I can't imagine anyone serious about raiding / pvp'ing will still be here waiting for phantom changes after that. (If anyone would like an example of how Dev's should react / respond to players then that would be as good a place as any to start. :p)

Just play operative heals in pvp till then, and go about your day with a smile on your face!

(Merc heals are in a solid position in pve atm imo)

Also my 2 cents on people asking for multiple Kolto-Shells. I think a maximum of 2 active at a time is realistic - if you could spam them on everyone in the raid it would be well over the top. Merc would only have to throw additional heals every few mins or so and could just dps the rest of the time.

(1k non-crit, 2.2k+ crit) x (13 stacks) = (13k - 26.8k potential heals per application)

x 8 raiders = (104k - 214.4k potential heals)

....reapply that 5x on each person in a raid and that is over half of heals that most Mercs heal for on a pve Boss anyway...

(DISCLAIMER: Im awful at maths) :p

That's great and all and I'm glad to see that changes will be more frequent...But changes should be prioritized. Most of the changes being listed are....terrible to say the least and have ignored some of the more severe problems occurring in arenas atm.

Yeah, but if you go through the changes, almost every single change was done at the behest of the class representative system, basically you need to blame your class rep. Of course most of the class rep questions where done without arenas in mind either, and apparently BW is still waiting on adequate metrics.

Agreed...it's frustrating as hell that THIS was our reply...unreal...

So apparently according to recent threads

• madness is the worst spec in pvp
  • pyro is the worst spec in pvp
  • scrapper is the worst spec in pvp
  • Watchman is the worst spec in pvp
  • Commando anything is the easiest spec to shutdown
  • Sage anything is the easiest specs to shutdown
  • Scoundrel dps should be priority for a buff
  • Madness should be priority for a buff
  • Watchman should be priority for a buff
  • Commando should be priority for a buff
  • Sage should be priority for a buff

Apparently half the specs in the game right now are all the worst spec in game, at the same time.

One question from a low info Player: What about our Stuns?

My 55th Trooper is currently on his first encounter with an Oricon Boss, and based on what I have read (after several defeats) is that this Boss is vulnerable to Stuns, but is invulnerable to Interrupts. I know I have the latter, but am unaware of the former unless it is a Concussion Grenade. In any event, I am apparently unable to progress.

My point is that this may be an area that needs to be explored besides balancing for PvP; that all classes should be able to Stun, Interrupt, etc for PvE reasons, IMO. Or am I incorrect in this observation?

One question from a low info Player: What about our Stuns?

My 55th Trooper is currently on his first encounter with an Oricon Boss, and based on what I have read (after several defeats) is that this Boss is vulnerable to Stuns, but is invulnerable to Interrupts. I know I have the latter, but am unaware of the former unless it is a Concussion Grenade. In any event, I am apparently unable to progress.

My point is that this may be an area that needs to be explored besides balancing for PvP; that all classes should be able to Stun, Interrupt, etc for PvE reasons, IMO. Or am I incorrect in this observation?

Which oricon boss? And cyro grenade is a stun

Yeah, but if you go through the changes, almost every single change was done at the behest of the class representative system, basically you need to blame your class rep. Of course most of the class rep questions where done without arenas in mind either, and apparently BW is still waiting on adequate metrics.

LOL adequate metrics. You crack me up.

Commando/Merc healers have lagged behind the other two healing classes terribly since 1.2, especially in PVP. If they can't pick up on that between the feedback that's been on the forums for over a year and a half, and the fact that almost no one PVPs on them anymore because they are so far behind, then they are truly hopeless as developers. Or maybe they just don't give a ****.

Edited by Prisoner

Apparently half the specs in the game right now are all the worst spec in game, at the same time.

It's because this dev team is incompetent when it comes to class balance.

What did my quote have to do with anything you wrote?

Ah, just give it up guys.

The ammount of times they have outright lied to the playerbase and / or implemented zero changes / or nerfed us... no point wasting your breath / keystrokes anymore.

They may aswell tell us to wait ONLY another 2 years because THEN we will get Dragon Wings and the ability to change into Kephess at will...

Besides, WildStar drops in 6 months or less...? I can't imagine anyone serious about raiding / pvp'ing will still be here waiting for phantom changes after that. (If anyone would like an example of how Dev's should react / respond to players then that would be as good a place as any to start. :p)

Just play operative heals in pvp till then, and go about your day with a smile on your face!

(Merc heals are in a solid position in pve atm imo)

Also my 2 cents on people asking for multiple Kolto-Shells. I think a maximum of 2 active at a time is realistic - if you could spam them on everyone in the raid it would be well over the top. Merc would only have to throw additional heals every few mins or so and could just dps the rest of the time.

(1k non-crit, 2.2k+ crit) x (13 stacks) = (13k - 26.8k potential heals per application)

x 8 raiders = (104k - 214.4k potential heals)

....reapply that 5x on each person in a raid and that is over half of heals that most Mercs heal for on a pve Boss anyway...

(DISCLAIMER: Im awful at maths) :p

Sorry Eric, but no. Words are wind. You want us to believe you're magically gonna start doing more frequent updates? Start doing them. I have zero reason to believe anything you guys have to say on class balance. Put up or shut up. The combat team has had almost two years to do this. They've said time and again they'll do smaller changes at more frequent intervals. All of it lies.

Most insulting of all is that, after suspending the class rep system after essentially 1 round of questions because you didn't want redundancy in the questions, your sop to classes still waiting for balance are told "no worries, you guys will get first crack at asking questions next go around". So which is it? Did you not want redundant questions or is the class rep system nothing more than a sop to a belligerent community whenever you're afraid they'll get rowdy.

I can tell you right now what the commando issues will be. Ammo management, utility, and the general fail of the healing spec. What are you guys actually gonna do about it? Don't know? Figure it out. Now.

Agreed Arch. 100% agreed!!!

1. Commando/Mercenary Treatment

When a group of developers ignore the complaints of a class in an mmo until the players of said class reroll, quit or just become too tired to complain. Thus solving the root cause of said complaints. This is followed up by the developers patting each other's backs and congratulating each other on a job well done.

1. Bioware is really putting powertechs through the commando/mercenary treatment. Each patch powertech's think their class can not get worse, when it does.

2. If the RNG gods align, we can be one shot by a Boss mechanic, and there is nothing we can do. Us assassin tanks are getting the Commando/Mercenary treatment.

3. Because of Bioware's consistent use of the commando/mercenary treatment one will find a lack of commandos and mercenaries queing for the 4 v 4 ranked arenas.

<Source http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Commando%2FMercenary%20Treatment>

1. Commando/Mercenary Treatment

When a group of developers ignore the complaints of a class in an mmo until the players of said class reroll, quit or just become too tired to complain. Thus solving the root cause of said complaints. This is followed up by the developers patting each other's backs and congratulating each other on a job well done.

1. Bioware is really putting powertechs through the commando/mercenary treatment. Each patch powertech's think their class can not get worse, when it does.

2. If the RNG gods align, we can be one shot by a Boss mechanic, and there is nothing we can do. Us assassin tanks are getting the Commando/Mercenary treatment.

3. Because of Bioware's consistent use of the commando/mercenary treatment one will find a lack of commandos and mercenaries queing for the 4 v 4 ranked arenas.

<Source http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Commando%2FMercenary%20Treatment>

Well when it's in a *dictionary*, it's a fact right?

This is just terrible.

The Marauder buffs are pretty crazy. You just made it EASIER for Marauders yet you state in other posts how they are over-tuned.

In your answers post you mention that we are going to get the first round of changes and we just got nothing.

I'm so depressed.

This is just terrible.

The Marauder buffs are pretty crazy. You just made it EASIER for Marauders yet you state in other posts how they are over-tuned.

In your answers post you mention that we are going to get the first round of changes and we just got nothing.

I'm so depressed.

That's exactly what the said...but they obviously were simply lying to shut up mercs/mandos.

At this point, I'm assuming they think that whatever quality of life changes they have planned and didn't mention in the blog (things like % for Commando ammo) are going to be enough to solve our issues or atleast placate us.

I'd like to think they're not that stupid but past evidence...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.