Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

2nd Digital Expansion

Nothematic

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The PvE portion already exists Glzmo.

There isn't any freeflight in the existing space missions. It also only lets you use your class's ship instead of the new customizable ships. Hopefully they create missions not dissimilar to the current ones, but using the new features. More X-Wing vs Tie Fighter and Rogue Squadron than Star Fox.

So...

Is this in any way a "flight sim" type of game like XWing vs TIE or an expansion of the existing on rails game?

I can only tell one thing from the video, the graphics are cool.

The gameplay... well it looks pretty much like a PvP version of what we already have.

So...

Is this in any way a "flight sim" type of game like XWing vs TIE or an expansion of the existing on rails game?

I can only tell one thing from the video, the graphics are cool.

The gameplay... well it looks pretty much like a PvP version of what we already have.

It is stated already to be free flight. So... different from what we have now.

OH YES! YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!

WOOOOO! HOOOOO!

I LOVE YOU BIOWARE!

I was just on the verge of quitting and now I'm staying!

Hmmmm...

12v12 free flight PvP, with rewards, and ship customization

Free DLC, and subs get access sooner then preferred and free

but wait.....according to forum mythology..... Bioware never gives free DLCs, never does content for PvP only, never plans to do free flight space content, and never gives subs anything that free players don't get. oh.. wait.. reality trumps mythology.

Some crow to be eaten in the forums this week IMO.

And for those that can't follow the business drivers here... this is cleverly designed and marketed to encourage subscription PvP players to continue or return and resub. ;)

Edited by Andryah

The PvE portion already exists Glzmo.
You mean that boring stuff on rails? Is this Space PVP also on rails?

I've been expecting at least off-rails, co-operative PVE and PVP for a "Super-Secret-Space Project". It's kind of a letdown if it isn't. And I wasn't even hoping for a "Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed" quality expansion, as one can't expect such things from Bioware.

To me it just looks like a bunch of new style "Warzones" where you fly a ship instead of running around on foot and have an additional PVP progression system that comes with it.

Edited by Glzmo

It's great and all that it's free flight , but dosen't look like there is going to be a cockpit mode and it looks like it's just a platform for PVP... that is great and all for the PVPers but is pretty much useless for everyone else.

It's not exactly like this will interest every PvPer while someone who has no interest in regular PvP is guaranteed to have no interest in this.

I don't care for the PvP in SWTOR but I will definitely be playing this. That said, Bioware, know this, I expect you to have singeplayer and possibly coop PvE missions for this as well, not necessarily for the release of this but at some point and not a year after this.

Hmmmm...

12v12 free flight PvP, with rewards, and ship customization

Free DLC, and subs get access sooner then preferred and free

but wait.....according to forum mythology..... Bioware never gives free DLCs, never does content for PvP only, never plans to do free flight space content, and never gives subs anything that free players don't get. oh.. wait.. reality trumps mythology.

Some crow to be eaten in the forums this week IMO.

And for those that can't follow the business drivers here... this is cleverly designed and marketed to encourage subscription PvP players to continue or resub. ;)

EA saying a Free DLC?

I'm weary just because it's EA.

Hmmm. I was indeed hoping this would have been an off the rails space expansion the likes of Star Wars Galaxies: Jump To Lightspeed. Looks like others, I am to be disapointed. If I read this correctly this is nothing more then pvp in space.

When will we see a post with some details regarding the pvp aspect of this? Like...will it be bolstered for example...

Logically I doubt it will be bolstered. If you think about it, by limiting us to 3 ships (probably with the same parts for each faction) it should be a hell of a lot easier to balance it and also each ship type really has a 'defined' role. For the start, at least, there will be so little variety of gear that I doubt bolster would be necessary.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they mixed level 1s and level 55s together because in reality (judging by what I interpreted as 'benefits to your ground character') people will start at the same point, no matter what level they are.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.