2nd Digital Expansion

Nothematic

Just like Rise of the hutt cartel was an arbitrary raise in level cap for no apparent reason and a daily quest zone masquerading as a planet.

RotHC was so much more than that, it was an incredibly well-made & complex story with lots of voice acting, a new Operation, tons of new gear, & more. It was definitely an expansion. I'd consider the Space PvP an expansion as well because of the sheer amount of new content, & most likely voice acting as well.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There will not be a new planet and there is no increase to the level cap with this expansion. We really wanted to focus this expansion around space off of rails where you get to fight your friends (and enemies!) :)

To that point, there will not be any Space based PvE content with the Digital Expansion. It is only going to be PvP.

-eric

So, basically put we still won't have the ability to explore space?

It's a start in the right direction, but i look forward to patch 3.1 when you give us the ability to free roam in space outside of combat and explore space.

It says 'New Free to Play Digital Expansion' so I would assume so :D

WOOOO

That's just funny, you really think anything we get will be FREE? if we get the download you can bet the CM will be loaded with ships and upgrades that will cost a lot. Nothing is for free people, nothing.

So, basically put we still won't have the ability to explore space?

It's a start in the right direction, but i look forward to patch 3.1 when you give us the ability to free roam in space outside of combat and explore space.

I completely agree, I'd love that. Along with the ability to explore with friends, & maybe even passenger mounts for the surface :D

IMO the believe that a substantial amount of subs will leave the game because of the nature or inclusion of a free flight space combat feature similar to BF2 is ludicrous at best.

It was not only the third most posted, viewed and responded thread in beta (wizard name change topic was number one, appearance tab was two), the highest polled request as to the type of space combat preferred during the same period, it is cited often outside the forum as one of the top 5 reasons the game fell short of expectations (on rails space combat).

Simply put, even for pure PVE folks and/or casuals, I expect this feature will have strong appeal. I would even go so far as to say that this is one type of PVP that all kinds of different folks will participate in.

:ph_good_post:

The amount of time they have spent on this, and it's just a PvP-only space fighter type of game?

Students make more complex games in half a year than this..

Space and flying is about 50% what makes up Star Wars.. A little disappointed.

That's just funny, you really think anything we get will be FREE? if we get the download you can bet the CM will be loaded with ships and upgrades that will cost a lot. Nothing is for free people, nothing.

Said ship will probably be optional and purely cosmetic, and perhaps also available via in-game currency. The actual PVP and expansion itself seems completely free.

Edited by Cyberwoman

There will not be a new planet and there is no increase to the level cap with this expansion. We really wanted to focus this expansion around space off of rails where you get to fight your friends (and enemies!) :)

To that point, there will not be any Space based PvE content with the Digital Expansion. It is only going to be PvP.

-eric

Can you explain what:

"Maximum leveling and progression"

does it mean? We will able to level this ships?

Oh wow a space expansion!

....yawn

Seriously? All the feedback provided by these forums and maybe 1% has anything to do with space....and this is what you guys have decided to waste time and resources on?

You want this game to live longer than a few months after this expansion(skyrim online debuts roughly same time frame) let me give you a hint. Get rid of the shoddy C++ code with the terrible garbage collection that causes half your problems. Do any of your developers know how to ~delete() ?.

Find a different business model. Free is great for content, but when you label it an "expansion" subscribers tend to want more from a game than a few extra features that will probably not keep them interested after an hour of gameplay.

The cat is out of the bag however and I wish you the best of luck with this. But I highly doubt you will generate enough new subscribers to balance the mass exodus of current subscribers in the wake of this "expansion". So for anyone here that feels the same as I do, I will probably see you in skyrim hobbling around with an arrow in your knee.

^this :(

And this is my first MMO game with addons of this "scale". One planet per 2 years. O M G!

At first i though like "YAY!" but then i saw "12vs12". Are you serious? Either there will be no PvP or PvE Endgame or on my server will NEVER be one game open. There are just approc. 250 players at the best time on both fleets together.

If there still be OPs, FPs, classic PvP, ArenaPvP and players twinking, where do you see 24 players joining for this?

There where weeks with only 3 rWZs after 15h of waiting. And i am playing on a pvp server.

And i HAVE to play it....

EARN GROUND GAME REWARDS

Gain additional XP that gives your ground game characters a boost.

... if i want "everything".

Sounds like a brilliant expansion killed by some ridiculous design decisions.

Edit: The only hopefull here is that it makes our game richer, and that you will surely expand this feature to pve (SpacecombatpartOPs FTW)

Edited by Eshmael

So wait one minute we get a free expansion one planet , improvements in space battles that is still optional .

No need to regrind the level cap , and more enrich universe .

and people moan it is not enough ?

am I the only one seeing a issue here ?

I mean fine if we had to pay for it another 10$ or 20$ , then sure people can start throwing there wishlist around .

But it is a update paid for by the subs and cm purchaser ..

Only thing I hear is negativity >.< , so expanding the game is bad now !

So wait one minute we get a free expansion one planet , improvements in space battles that is still optional .

I mean fine if we had to pay for it another 10$ or 20$ , then sure people can start throwing there wishlist around .

There will always be haters because they want the game tailored exactly to the way THEY want it. Just gotta scroll past & not read it.

At first i though like "YAY!" but then i saw "12vs12". Are you serious? Either there will be no PvP or PvE Endgame or on my server will NEVER be one game open. There are just approc. 250 players at the best time on both fleets together.

If there still be OPs, FPs, classic PvP, ArenaPvP and players twinking, where do you see 24 players joining for this?

There where weeks with only 3 rWZs after 15h of waiting. And i am playing on a pvp server.

. . .

Sounds like a brilliant expansion killed by some ridiculous design decisions.

Edit: The only hopefull here is that it makes our game richer, and that you will surely expand this feature to pve (SpacecombatpartOPs FTW)

I wonder what the video's "Fight in multiple gameplay modes" means? Edited by GalacticKegger

-eric

hopefully there will be space pve in the future I must admit i was really hoping for some space pve but space pvp is good enough

You will always get some players who are disappointing and annoyed no matter what the news was, that is the nature of MMO's and gaming. So many opinions, needs and wants that someone will always be upset. In fact, there is actually a lot more positivity about this news on the forums then I was expecting! :i_angel: