Your Forum name

Zandoezan

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote: Originally Posted by eartharioch View Post

I like the way Planet spoke in Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri.

The phrasing, the voice, or both?

Because now I can just imagine a Darth Planet who talks like that.

Both. And I just rolled a male SW, I'd much rather have the voice of Planet than the male SW voice (tbh, the female SW voice makes for a better male SW than what we got).

Edited by eartharioch

Exactly. His character sheet got lost over time.

I should still have all character sheet of every pen & paper character I ever played. My main character (see signature) is named after a TDE character... still sad that I lost my original name for that character with the server transfers, since she was named after a Jedi character I once played in a Star Wars D6 campaign, it took even place in almost the right time (my game master used the tales of the Jedi sourcebood which was back then quite new).

The name is based on one of my favorite Torchwood episodes, a series of which I am a big fan of (Even if I sometime like to pretend Miracle Day never happened!)

I do wish I could change it now though, as I have taken to using a better username elsewhere and I like my forum names to match. Is there any way of doing that?

When I was in my teens I had this really cool uncle named Frank. Him and his buddies used to play D&D, and video games, and computer games like "Bard's Tale" for those who have any clue how old that kind of gaming was. They played the original rule set and then my brothers and I got into playing the 2nd edition. Anyway, during a week that I spent at my uncles house I made an Elven Paladin that my uncle let me get away with because I was young. That Paladin was named Tarn Sirun, and that character stayed with me for years of D&D gaming up till 1996 when Ultima online caught my attention and became my UO character name. Tarn stuck with me through many games and has become the backbone of all my stories even though the character itself may change. Other characters from my D&D days have made their way to my character list, but Tarn has and always will be my main.

Hey ya'll, i am sure this has been asked before on hundreds of other forums but how or where did you get your Forum name from? :confused: Im just interested to know.

Mine is from a movie, (see if you can guess which one without googling)

Random name but took the last part of one name and attached it to the first part of another.

These days few things are worse then using names everyone has read or watched in a movie like the variations of Drizzt.

For the love of fantasy, come up with your own name.

I should still have all character sheet of every pen & paper character I ever played. My main character (see signature) is named after a TDE character... still sad that I lost my original name for that character with the server transfers, since she was named after a Jedi character I once played in a Star Wars D6 campaign, it took even place in almost the right time (my game master used the tales of the Jedi sourcebood which was back then quite new).

I have a similar tale. We played a series of D6 adventures, and my character then was an Ithorian land worker. I tried to do something un-epic, then. ;)

And I named him so as I thought an Ithorian would speak, you know, his special mouth structure etc. . His original name was an unoriginal "Wrw Dungon", then. ;) Just because we were playing pen & paper role-playing. ;)

When I started SWTOR, I couldn't come up with a good name for ma character, but I thought of a way to "honour" my Ithorian from then by naming my first character this way. So, my main character is named Wrw Iquanauq, with Iquanauq" being the name of another Ithorien from a story I wrote in the 90s (it was about a band of people trying to ind out what treasures might have been left by Jabba in his palace).

In-game, people are not happy with this name. I'm often accused to have named my main character after WOW (which I still refuse to play, to this day.) A recent chat on Tatooine with me explaining that my main character's name of "Wrw Iquanauq" came from an West End Games game session (we played only for a few months, with meeting one time per month) resulted in someone saying that "no-one would name his character like this, unless the game master has something wrong with his brain" - in this sense. Since the game master fully accepted my name, this is an insult towards the game master from the 90s. And to me as well. That person instantly went onto my ignore list (and me on his, because he just couldn't bear it).

Other people, however, who are able to see past my character's name learn to see me play in-game - and I have found some very good friends there. ;)

By the way, some people tried variations based on me : Someone named his character "Alrikfassklauer" after me (which is imho an insult, too), and another one named his character "Mrm". Which I found very funny. :D

And last : We are currently playing the Drachenchronik. :)

But with another character of mine. ;)

Random name but took the last part of one name and attached it to the first part of another.

This is how I usually make names nowadays during the character creation in-game.

"Wren" has a meaning, by the way : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wren

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Mine comes from the days of playing D-20 Star Wars RPG. Dak was my Jedi Starfighter (can we please have Cross-Classing?!) I actually have several characters that I play that are named from the RPG days (see signature for my chief Evil doer), however, Dak was the one I rolled 1st in SWTOR so i used him for my Forum Name.

Boulengerochromis Microlepis - the emperor cichlid. I have kept large, predatory, freshwater fish as a hobby for 15 years now. Scientific fish names seemed to yield something representing names similar to those in the EU. As I never intended my main in any game to remotely represent anything close to a pacifist, well, there you go.

I didn't pick my name. The subscription was a Christmas gift, and the person who gave SWTOR to me and paid for the subscription set up the account using his own name and a family reference/in-joke. I don't know why. Guys ! ! !

I didn't care, because all it was to me was just a log-in name for the game... until I started posting in this forum. But by then I had several characters well on the road and I didn't want to have to re-roll them all.

I haven't found a way to change my account name, but if I could it would be Miranda-Sedai (I'm a huge fan of The Wheel of Time ;)) ( I don't care if it's not canon lore ! )

Edited by markcymru

I am not now nor have I ever been a cop nor a national park official. A friend started calling me "Smokey" when I was trying to quit smoking about ten years ago (I didn't succeed then, but I finally did about two years ago). Add that to where I live and there you have my screen name. I use it for most things, not just SWTOR.

For many years I was NEO on almost every forums and website I frequented. Not because of any links to the Matrix Films as people commonly assume but because of the business I ran at the time which was called Neo Innovations.

However then the Matrix films hit and suddenly trying to get NEO was nigh impossible, so I combined it with my favourite animal and suddenly everywhere I was NeoWolf or some variation.

Although I think even that name has proven popular with others as its often difficult to get it these days on many sites so it has to be some variation from time to time..but here I was fortunate..hence NeoWolf.