CZ-198 unplayable after today's patch

Caratuvis

Holy $hit, i thought for SURE there would be a patch this morning correcting the issue, but NOTHING. Amazing.

You thought they'd have investigated the issue, discovered the cause, and coded a fix already?

I would think a Thursday patch is far more likely. Even more likely than that, is a fix in next Tuesday's patch.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can only add to what is being said here. After yesterdays patch CZ is broken, poor framerates all over. Other places are unaffected. Loading to CZ first time took a Long time, graphics elements were loading half a Minute after I was able to run around. Second time loading into the CZ crashed my comp (running Win 8) with some BSoD message abount "Memory Managment". I was able to do my dailies there, but it was a slide show. Don't know if issue is related but the Core Meldown HM FP, the dome ceiling for Duneclaw and Vrblther was pink (as in no texture), but didn't have lag there.

I would like to humbly suggest that, after all this time, and everything that has gone wrong with this game, Bioware might consider putting someone on the payroll that makes software for a living.

Please?

They fired all those that received the highest pay, (that knew what they are doing) in the cost reductions before F2P came out. Now we have people that just pound on the keyboard till they get the desired result. Even when they are breaking everything else.:mad:

I would like to humbly suggest that, after all this time, and everything that has gone wrong with this game, Bioware might consider putting someone on the payroll that makes software for a living.

Please?

^ I am available - for the right price :)

Edited by Docmal

How about no more patches?

You break/stop the game every time you do it just to implement stupid and unnecessary tweaks.

Learn your craft please or stop breaking our game!!!

I, for one, would prefer them to continue working on the game, because there are still bugs to work out. And with each new feature or content they add, there's going to be more bugs to work out.

We are currently testing a fix for this issue, and we plan to deploy a patch to resolve the performance problems on CZ-198 tomorrow morning. Please watch General Discussion for a maintenance thread with details, and thank you all for your reports and patience.

...and there you go. I wish they could tell us what went wrong...but I know that's not SOP...I'm just curious.

Thanks for the update.

...and there you go. I wish they could tell us what went wrong...but I know that's not SOP...I'm just curious.

Thanks for the update.

I have too agree here. Would be nice if they told us what caused the issue, however, i fully suspect if they did we'd have 50 posts pages of how the dev's are horrid, etc. and so on.

Of course armchair QB'ing is far easier than doing it.

Blak

"Not improved to full"? Maybe you just need to learn to code. Coding is easy to grasp, but hard to master.

Sorry, couldn't resist. :p

I think you need to add something about "making them pay" for not having the patch ready on time. :rak_03:

Clarin @ The Harbinger

we are currently testing a fix for this issue, and we plan to deploy a patch to resolve the performance problems on cz-198 tomorrow morning. Please watch general discussion for a maintenance thread with details, and thank you all for your reports and patience.

and you cancelled it why????

I wanted to be sure and post in this thread to let you know that we have cancelled the patch for tomorrow due to testing. While the performance on CZ-198 was slightly improved, it was not improved to full. We'll be sure to keep you posted!

:ph_thank_you:

How about you simply roll back any changes to the game (not the database) that you've done with the last patch and start from scratch? In cases like this it may be the best course of action.

Also note that performance has gone down in the last patch across the game, not only CZ-198! It's just that it's most prevalent in CZ-198.

Edited by Glzmo

How about you simply roll back any changes to the game (not the database) that you've done with the last patch and start from scratch? In cases like this it may be the best course of action.

Also note that performance has gone down in the last patch across the game, not only CZ-198! It's just that it's most prevalent in CZ-198.

Yeah something has changed overall. I usually never notice missfires but recently I noticed them a couple of times.

I wanted to be sure and post in this thread to let you know that we have cancelled the patch for tomorrow due to testing. While the performance on CZ-198 was slightly improved, it was not improved to full. We'll be sure to keep you posted!

:ph_thank_you:

I'm probably going to get banned for this... But you guys can't "improve to full"?

Edited by Declan_Vee

Yeah it is awful for me as well. Glad to see they seem to know what's wrong with it. For me it gets worse the longer I'm there. It starts off manageable when I land there but by the time I get done with the dailies I'm struggling to get back to the mission dropbox due to poor fps and choppiness without constantly running into walls.

They fired all those that received the highest pay, (that knew what they are doing) in the cost reductions before F2P came out. Now we have people that just pound on the keyboard till they get the desired result. Even when they are breaking everything else.:mad:

/QFT its like they hire some nabby windows maintenance fruitcake to actually analog/basic/cc+ etc etc code while all he knows is how to turn parts of windows on/off and install em.

• 1 year later...