The awesomeness of the game and the shadiness of the company

CriDaDimon

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Things have changed indeed. I still play DCUO without giving them any info (I bought the expansions through Amazon), and before subscribing to LotRO - I did not give them my CC. I don't think even the WoW free trial (to level 20) requires any payment info.

But to receive your 30 days included with the purchase of the game it requires setting up of the sub renewal. That is the same in nearly all MMO's. Besides the time frame of which he referred to was when the game was sub only no F2P, so it was absolutely required. WoW's "free trial" is not the same as the first month free when you purchase it either.

The rest of that wall of text was untranslatable. However, the number 42 did come up.

You mean ........ this thread is the meaning of life?

On topic....

I remember when people used to put effort into mock posts. Now they just type badly and thats it.

At least, i'm hoping it's a vague attempt at a "troll" post (the term troll used loosely due to it having lost all meaning over the years).

You sold a box, it said 30 days play time included, then u said only if u dsub, so everybody that didnt want to give u there personal private information u alienated, thats why the original mess and what happened after launch

Oh brother, we are really stretching it now. LOL

Apearantly in general chat the community thinks if i dont liek ti i shoudl just stop playing, i am sure most fo that si peopel playign for free, but ok if thats the only thign anybody will hear, then ill stop payign my sub, have fun swtor - was a great tiem whiel it lasted

No comment on the playing part, but I'd like it if you'd stop posting. ;p

CriDaDimon

I read in another thread that you were never going to post here again because people made fun of your spelling errors and syntax problems.

Regarding your issues, your opinions have been noted, and I'm afraid what you object to is standard operating procedure in the MMO marketplace. So if you're unhappy with this, I would suggest that you stop subbing for this game, and return to Hello Kitty: Island Adventures.

Bioware = awesome

EA = shady.

:( it makes me sad when people blame Bioware for how TOR is being managed, because that whole side of it I would think is managed by EA. I met Bioware peeps at Pax Prime, and found them absolutely amazing.

I think you are correct, I think bioware isnot to blame here i think ti is ea, I have had issues with most of what es does from over a decade ago

I do think how f2p is being treated is extortive, it is how one poster usggested, like traveling down a scenic highway and being forced to stop at a toll booth every mile.

I am glad f2p gets to play, but I think the cartel market for subs is wrong. If subs do not stop havening to pay extra for any part of the game, it is nickle and diming us to death, I see only 90% greedy bastards at work here and 10% actually needing to make extra to conitnue development and maintinence.

I am a little bit embarrassed as a human being the average person thinks the way this is headed is ok. I hope it changes for the better. I do like the game.

for those who have issues with my typing or what I have said, idc.

Bioware = awesome

EA = shady.

:( it makes me sad when people blame Bioware for how TOR is being managed, because that whole side of it I would think is managed by EA. I met Bioware peeps at Pax Prime, and found them absolutely amazing.

And it makes me sad that people always go to blame just EA and think of BioWare as total innocents. They are part of this, they decideded to take money from EA, they decided to agree with EA. BioWare is no better than the rest of EA, it is part of EA. So, wake up and face it, BioWare is EA and EA is BioWare, no separation there, two side of the same coin.

I completely endorse ops post. Why? Because its the truth. This is by far the most unethical company ive personally delt with

SOE was the company with the worst ethics considering the debacle that had players buying ToOW expansion and the very next day announcing that the game was getting "WoW-asized" via the NGE.

The OP has issues, but they are with the realities of the real life world.

I don't think BW or EA are unethical. What are people basing that on? The only examples I see are of trying to make money. No one was tricked.

Making money is what businesses do. And we get hours of entertainment from playing TOR every day. Why should something that cost money to make, costs money to maintain, and costs money to put out new content, be free to us?

Someone explain what's unethical here.

I don't think BW or EA are unethical. What are people basing that on? The only examples I see are of trying to make money. No one was tricked.

Making money is what businesses do. And we get hours of entertainment from playing TOR every day. Why should something that cost money to make, costs money to maintain, and costs money to put out new content, be free to us?

Someone explain what's unethical here.

Word.

I think you are correct, I think bioware isnot to blame here i think ti is ea, I have had issues with most of what es does from over a decade ago

I do think how f2p is being treated is extortive, it is how one poster usggested, like traveling down a scenic highway and being forced to stop at a toll booth every mile.

I am glad f2p gets to play, but I think the cartel market for subs is wrong. If subs do not stop havening to pay extra for any part of the game, it is nickle and diming us to death, I see only 90% greedy bastards at work here and 10% actually needing to make extra to conitnue development and maintinence.

I am a little bit embarrassed as a human being the average person thinks the way this is headed is ok. I hope it changes for the better. I do like the game.

for those who have issues with my typing or what I have said, idc.

You obviously do care otherwise you wouldn't start 50 different threads calling anyone who disagrees with you ******es and the myriad of other things you rail on about. As I've said before if you want people to take what you say with any kind of seriousness at all you would consider at lleast trying to put some effort into making your posts legible. Otherwise you're just going to continue to be looked at like that crazy guy on the corner of the street rambling on incoherently.

And god forbid a company that spends millions of dollars to develop distribute and maintain a product for consumption make money off of it, those bastards. Come on, get real. Would you be ok with working hundreds of hours to make something then keep it running and get told, nope you don't deserve to get paid for your work?

Edited by Hyfy

I completely endorse ops post. Why? Because its the truth. This is by far the most unethical company ive personally delt with

Indeed.

I mean, Walmart pays poverty wages and undercuts all competition to ensure they control the local market and keep their employees dependent on them. Investment companies lie to normal investors, using their retirements as leverage so they can make more money on someone else's risk. Oil companies take federal funds for increasing safety of the facilities, fail to increase safety, then beg for federal funds to clean up the messes... and then raise gas prices to offset "increased costs".

But EA... EA has released a number of bugfix patches and 5 minute L55 Assassin end-game parses against a static training dummy are 10% lower than any other class*. How the US government hasn't stepped in to stop this horrible behavior by EA is just unfathomable.

[ /sarcasm ]

[ * ] Shadows are apparently fine, though. It's a totally different class.